CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 11, 2026 at 12:34 AM Posted March 11, 2026 at 12:34 AM 1 hour ago, ordinary fan said: I hope these songs weren't demos for real songs on a celine album. They were absolutely horrible There was one that I liked the sound of a lot, and I can’t remember the name of it. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 11, 2026 at 12:58 AM Posted March 11, 2026 at 12:58 AM 23 minutes ago, CelinesDIVO5 said: There was one that I liked the sound of a lot, and I can’t remember the name of it. I remember lol… ”Adieu Mon Amour” Did anyone by any chance rip the audio of these songs and have mp3s???? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Peppercorn1991 Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:18 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:18 PM I think it’s time to bump up this topic! It’s basically confirmed! So much to think about: The album cover, photoshoot, the name, the lead single, potential music video…. So excited. I don’t think Celine has ever had so much time to plan for a new album in the past (maybe ANDHC), so we could be in for some real surprises and roll out this time. I wonder how soon we will get the first single? End of next week while the iron is still hot? Kev x 7 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:28 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:28 PM Can’t wait for this! Specially since the first single was written by Jean-Jacques Goldman (according to Paris Match). I wonder what kind of sound this new album is gonna bring. Most of all, I’m thinking about the cover. Do you think it’s finally going to be in color or they’re gonna go for black and white again? (Last time we had a full color photo as front cover for a French album was 1 fille & 4 types in 2003!, not counting Sans attendre as it’s not an actual photo). 2 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:31 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:31 PM By the way, can you imagine if she announces not one but two albums on Monday? An English one and a French one, like she did back in 2015 during the Vegas press conference. 4 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Peppercorn1991 Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:35 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:35 PM I hope for a full colour cover! We need something bright for once. Apparently Celine’s voice is in top shape and they have been working on a less nasal sound through her training. Do you think a music video has been planned? Kev x 4 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:36 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 05:36 PM 4 minutes ago, Celine Fan 77 said: By the way, can you imagine if she announces not one but two albums on Monday? An English one and a French one, like she did back in 2015 during the Vegas press conference. Wow imagine! That would be incredible…. Not getting my hopes up though. Kev x 2 Quote
Del Posted March 25, 2026 at 10:53 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 10:53 PM 5 hours ago, Peppercorn1991 said: I think it’s time to bump up this topic! It’s basically confirmed! So much to think about: The album cover, photoshoot, the name, the lead single, potential music video…. So excited. I don’t think Celine has ever had so much time to plan for a new album in the past (maybe ANDHC), so we could be in for some real surprises and roll out this time. I wonder how soon we will get the first single? End of next week while the iron is still hot? Kev x Hard to believe it’s been 10 years since Encore Un Soir. I’m very much looking forward to see what she has prepared for us. I think many of us will be emotional when hearing what she will release especially since articles are saying her voice has returned. 4 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
LukeD Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:01 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:01 PM (edited) I will not be surprised if this new French album comes with more tracks than normal considering the time gap between releases. Quality over quantity of course, but I would not mind a 20 songs track-list. 😁 Edited March 25, 2026 at 11:01 PM by LukeD 4 Quote
Nmj Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:09 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:09 PM 5 minutes ago, LukeD said: I will not be surprised if this new French album comes with more tracks than normal considering the time gap between releases. Quality over quantity of course, but I would not mind a 20 songs track-list. 😁 After considering that London and Germany were also possible contender for this mini residency, I truly wonder if we are getting a bilingual album as her comeback, I said it before, it would actually make big sense. We shall see! 2 Quote
LukeD Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:19 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:19 PM (edited) 11 minutes ago, Nmj said: After considering that London and Germany were also possible contender for this mini residency, I truly wonder if we are getting a bilingual album as her comeback, I said it before, it would actually make big sense. We shall see! I have never been a fan of this idea, BUT now that you mention it... it could be a good move... an album with French songs will sell like hot cupcakes in France and Quebec, we are likely looking at a million selling record. If this album also includes English songs, it will make the news in anglophone markets. When its numbers are reported, it can help create an aura of success around Celine in markets where she is not selling anymore, like the US. Hmm... I am getting convinced this might be an OK approach. Edited March 25, 2026 at 11:21 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
Del Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:55 PM Posted March 25, 2026 at 11:55 PM 39 minutes ago, Nmj said: After considering that London and Germany were also possible contender for this mini residency, I truly wonder if we are getting a bilingual album as her comeback, I said it before, it would actually make big sense. We shall see! I feel while a bilingual album may do well in French markets, I feel like it wouldn’t do well in English markets. I also wonder if it wouldn’t create a marketing nightmare as you’d need different singles for different markets in different languages. Remember when they delayed Taking Chances to avoid marketing conflicts with D’Elles. While a bilingual album would just be one to promote, I think it would be hard to pull off successfully. 1 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Nmj Posted March 26, 2026 at 12:02 AM Posted March 26, 2026 at 12:02 AM 1 minute ago, Del said: I feel while a bilingual album may do well in French markets, I feel like it wouldn’t do well in English markets. I also wonder if it wouldn’t create a marketing nightmare as you’d need different singles for different markets in different languages. Remember when they delayed Taking Chances to avoid marketing conflicts with D’Elles. While a bilingual album would just be one to promote, I think it would be hard to pull off successfully. 36 minutes ago, LukeD said: I have never been a fan of this idea, BUT now that you mention it... it could be a good move... an album with French songs will sell like hot cupcakes in France and Quebec, we are likely looking at a million selling record. If this album also includes English songs, it will make the news in anglophone markets. When its numbers are reported, it can help create an aura of success around Celine in markets where she is not selling anymore, like the US. Hmm... I am getting convinced this might be an OK approach. I actually think it could work brilliantly, now’s the time to do it. They could easily release two singles at the same time… and promote them as fit. We have to remember she will likely not really promote the album other than with live performances on tours/shows. It would awesome to comeback with 2 singles in each language at the same time. And then after she could focus on standalone works of music. But I may be “crazy”, ( see what I did there) 😂 2 Quote
scarletpimpernel Posted March 26, 2026 at 12:45 AM Posted March 26, 2026 at 12:45 AM 1 hour ago, Del said: Hard to believe it’s been 10 years since Encore Un Soir. I’m very much looking forward to see what she has prepared for us. I think many of us will be emotional when hearing what she will release especially since articles are saying her voice has returned. This is the part I can't wait to hear, will her voice sound strong and clear as if its been set free after all these years, and she gives us some strong emotional soaring songs showcasing all that...can't wait 3 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted March 26, 2026 at 12:49 AM Posted March 26, 2026 at 12:49 AM I hope it's just a french album. Both Céline's have their own identity. No English album has ever been as sophisticated as her French ones. Time will tell. I hope whatever happens that we never have to wait this long for a new album. 7 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Overjoyed Posted March 26, 2026 at 01:16 AM Posted March 26, 2026 at 01:16 AM Bilingual way it isn't made for Celine... She always managed a two parts carreer, why change this way now? Personally I prefer 2 separated albums, now one in french and the english one in 2027, but please, not delayed as Loved Me Back To Life and Courage, please... 2 Quote
Nmj Posted March 26, 2026 at 01:28 AM Posted March 26, 2026 at 01:28 AM 34 minutes ago, Alex_Incognito said: I hope it's just a french album. Both Céline's have their own identity. No English album has ever been as sophisticated as her French ones. Time will tell. I hope whatever happens that we never have to wait this long for a new album. Each English album has had a few great gems… if they choose the right ones say 6 English songs that are strong, along with 6 French songs that will be strong as well it could work well. The idea could work of the execution is good… and the theme is similar, if they did a poetic half the album in French along with the English half full of Sia penned fluff it would fall on its face but imagine songs in the vein of “Falling In To You” and “Seduces Me” and it could work well. 1 Quote
scarletpimpernel Posted March 26, 2026 at 03:58 AM Posted March 26, 2026 at 03:58 AM 3 hours ago, Alex_Incognito said: I hope it's just a french album. Both Céline's have their own identity. No English album has ever been as sophisticated as her French ones. Time will tell. I hope whatever happens that we never have to wait this long for a new album. Good point that...about the two different identities and mixing albums, will be interesting to see if they continue to keep them separate Quote
LeChauffeur100 Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:41 AM Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:41 AM On 3/25/2026 at 9:49 PM, Alex_Incognito said: I hope it's just a french album. Both Céline's have their own identity. No English album has ever been as sophisticated as her French ones. Time will tell. I hope whatever happens that we never have to wait this long for a new album. I think one English album that came really close to the French ones in terms of artistry is 1992’s self titled. 1 Quote EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-8uJUpL5A
LukeD Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:44 AM Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:44 AM (edited) Most bilingual acts have released bilingual albums, very often merging the two worlds. Celine has always kept them separate. And come to think of it, it seems like a great approach because Celine is the most successful bilingual singer of all time. So yes, re-thinking this, it makes sense to release a full-length French album. Edited March 27, 2026 at 11:45 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
jmiracle Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:50 AM Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:50 AM I really hope for a sort of double album, both in French and English. That would secure outstanding figures for release week 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:57 AM Posted March 27, 2026 at 11:57 AM (edited) I'm not sure if you guys remember, but back in 2012 it was confirmed by Jean-Pierre Ferland in an interview with Le journal de Montréal that he had been to Céline's Florida home during the summer. During that visit, they didn't only record Une chance qu'on s'a but Jean-Pierre Ferland also showe an English version of the song to Céline. I'm don't think she recorded it otherwise I guess it would have been published. I'll try to find the article where they mentioned this. Also, in 2017 a radio station from Belgium mentioned that she had recorded an English version of the song Encore un soir, although I never really believed it. Edit: Found the article! Le Petit Roi en duo avec « la reine de la chanson » | JDM Here's the English translation of what it mentions about the song in English: This beautiful collaboration with the Dion-Angélil duo could also lead to other projects. Jean-Pierre Ferland is going to arrive in Florida carrying an English version of Une chance qu'on s'a that he'd love the couple to hear. It was translated into English by a Quebequer who lives in London, Alain Leblanc's nephew. Leblanc composed the music in the original song. "It's a real translation, not an adaptation," mentioned Jean-Pierre Ferland. I hope it's worth it. We'll see what they decide to do with it. I'll keep you updated!" Edited March 27, 2026 at 12:03 PM by Celine Fan 77 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
mirage Posted March 27, 2026 at 03:41 PM Posted March 27, 2026 at 03:41 PM On 3/26/2026 at 12:09 AM, Nmj said: After considering that London and Germany were also possible contender for this mini residency, I truly wonder if we are getting a bilingual album as her comeback, I said it before, it would actually make big sense. We shall see! I've said this also in the Paris shows section. Since they are going to promote 'the new 2026 celine' in several big cities that have nothing in common with the French language, and yes since London, NYC were also contenders for this residency. You might think that this time they make a smart move and release a bilingual album. Especially since it's more common these days with other great acts. 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted March 27, 2026 at 03:59 PM Posted March 27, 2026 at 03:59 PM (edited) She might have enough material for two full-length albums though, one in each language. According to Irene Taylor, Céline was already recording in late 2024, right? And she seems to still have been recording up until recently. And we already had rumors of a French and an English-language album last year. Edited March 27, 2026 at 03:59 PM by Céline RO 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
LukeD Posted March 27, 2026 at 08:43 PM Posted March 27, 2026 at 08:43 PM 8 hours ago, jmiracle said: I really hope for a sort of double album, both in French and English. That would secure outstanding figures for release week This is another smart idea. I would like to see how it'd play out. Although I am not sure if double albums are common nowadays. Quote
Coffeegirl Posted March 27, 2026 at 09:15 PM Posted March 27, 2026 at 09:15 PM I don’t think a bilingual album is a bad idea at all considering the recent success of Latin American/ Spanish artists in the global market. I would however love 2 albums of the same tracks in both languages, like how we got the English versions of PQTME, Je sais pas & Vole on Falling into you. Quote
Céline RO Posted March 27, 2026 at 09:38 PM Posted March 27, 2026 at 09:38 PM 10 minutes ago, Coffeegirl said: I would however love 2 albums of the same tracks in both languages, like how we got the English versions of PQTME, Je sais pas & Vole on Falling into you. I'm not sure I like that idea. Why use up a position on the tracklist for a song that is basically the same as an already existing one, just in a different language, when there is surely plenty of material that could be recorded and released instead? Just pick the version that fits best. In fact, automatically, and perhaps subconsciously, each listener would perceive one of the songs (the English or the French) as an inferior version of the other--thus taking up a position on the tracklist that could've been given to a different, unique song that the listener would actually spend more time listening to. For example, I almost never listen to "I Don't Know" even though it's a great song, it's just that there exists "Je sais pas" which is basically the same song but, in my opinion, better--so I listen to that instead. So, at least for me, it would be like getting only 10 songs instead of 20, only one album instead of two (okay maybe one and a half haha). And it takes Céline the same amount of effort, given that she doesn't write her songs. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
LukeD Posted March 28, 2026 at 01:51 AM Posted March 28, 2026 at 01:51 AM I find almost every English adaption of her French songs to be considerably inferior to the original. 'Let Your Heart Decide' should have never been recorded. A disgrace. But also 'If That's What It Takes' does not hold a handle to PQTME. 'I Don't Know' is better but still subpar. 3 Quote
Nmj Posted March 28, 2026 at 01:57 AM Posted March 28, 2026 at 01:57 AM 3 minutes ago, LukeD said: I find almost every English adaption of her French songs to be considerably inferior to the original. 'Let Your Heart Decide' should have never been recorded. A disgrace. But also 'If That's What It Takes' does not hold a handle to PQTME. 'I Don't Know' is better but still subpar. I agree with LYHD and ITWIT. But “I Don’t Know” Is a gem! 💎 I won’t say it’s better than JSP, but it stands on its own as a great song for me. I also like the folksy “Je’Taime Encore”. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t there a rumor that she did an English adaptation of “Encore Un Soir”? If so id love to hear it. Quote
celinedion_#1fan Posted March 28, 2026 at 02:00 AM Posted March 28, 2026 at 02:00 AM I would want Taylor Swift to sing in French and probably collab with Celine on that rumored French album. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.