Jump to content

Random news, thoughts and common questions about Celine (closed)


Recommended Posts

Posted
How come there's such a disparity between her RIAA platinum certifications (about 50) and the claim by unbiased sources that she has actually sold 62M albums in the US?

 

because Sony are so damn lazy to update her certifications (which they have to pay for).

Posted
a question for max

 

 

oh and Madonna is a true singles artist, so she maybe sold many more than 75m. But I don't think she sold anything near 175m albums! :laugh:

 

unfortunately madonna has also shipped 200 million albums as well as 80 million singles. as much as i can't stand that b****, but she has shipped more than celine :(

well at least celine did it the honest way unlike ma"screweveryoneonmywaytothetop"donna :yes:

Posted
How come there's such a disparity between her RIAA platinum certifications (about 50) and the claim by unbiased sources that she has actually sold 62M albums in the US?

 

because Sony are so damn lazy to update her certifications (which they have to pay for).

Maybe also bec. Celine herself doesn't mind. :confused: 62M is great but 96M by Barbra is just :o :o

http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted (edited)
a question for max

 

 

oh and Madonna is a true singles artist, so she maybe sold many more than 75m. But I don't think she sold anything near 175m albums! :laugh:

 

unfortunately madonna has also shipped 200 million albums as well as 80 million singles. as much as i can't stand that b****, but she has shipped more than celine :(

well at least celine did it the honest way unlike ma"screweveryoneonmywaytothetop"donna :yes:

being a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE Madonna fan myself, i really doubt she has shipped 200M albums.

 

Madonna- 8M

Like a Virgin- 21M

True Blue- 19M

Like a Prayer- 11M

The Immaculate Collection- 22M

Erotica- 5M

Bedtime Stories- 8M

Something to Remember- 8M

Ray of Light- 14M

Music- 11M

American Life- 3.5

Confessions on the Dancefloor- 8M

Hard Candy- 3.2

Total= 142,000,000 + her live and remix albums, just below 8M i do believe. so give her the 150M sales worldwide, and 50M shipments? i guess it's a bit much.

 

btw on the topic, i'm still wondering about Falling into You's sales. it has sold almost 12M copies in america, but it's still undercertified (11x), while Mariah's Music Box is certified diamond with below 8M in sales. i think u already explained it, Pat. but i still can't get over of this one. biased? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: WHY OH WHY :angry: (not to mention that Glitter sold a little over 600k, and YEAH it's certified PLATINUM!!!) :angry:

Edited by dhena
Posted
And the sales of the soundtrack albums where The Holy Hag appears? shrug:
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
i really don't know :P i don't have ANY of her soundtrack albums :lol:
Posted
a question for max

 

 

oh and Madonna is a true singles artist, so she maybe sold many more than 75m. But I don't think she sold anything near 175m albums! :laugh:

 

unfortunately madonna has also shipped 200 million albums as well as 80 million singles. as much as i can't stand that b****, but she has shipped more than celine :(

well at least celine did it the honest way unlike ma"screweveryoneonmywaytothetop"donna :yes:

being a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE Madonna fan myself, i really doubt she has shipped 200M albums.

 

Madonna- 8M

Like a Virgin- 21M

True Blue- 19M

Like a Prayer- 11M

The Immaculate Collection- 22M

Erotica- 5M

Bedtime Stories- 8M

Something to Remember- 8M

Ray of Light- 14M

Music- 11M

American Life- 3.5

Confessions on the Dancefloor- 8M

Hard Candy- 3.2

Total= 142,000,000 + her live and remix albums, just below 8M i do believe. so give her the 150M sales worldwide, and 50M shipments? i guess it's a bit much.

 

btw on the topic, i'm still wondering about Falling into You's sales. it has sold almost 12M copies in america, but it's still undercertified (11x), while Mariah's Music Box is certified diamond with below 8M in sales. i think u already explained it, Pat. but i still can't get over of this one. biased? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: WHY OH WHY :angry: (not to mention that Glitter sold a little over 600k, and YEAH it's certified PLATINUM!!!) :angry:

The reason why mariah is properly certified is that in the early 90s Motolla was selling her as the new whitney, in everything: voice, star power and spectacular sales. so he jumped to certify all her albums properly (and overcertify some of them).

 

As for madonna,

 

Madonna- 9M

Like a Virgin- 21M

True Blue- 22M

Like a Prayer- 13M

The Immaculate Collection- 26M

Erotica- 6M

Bedtime Stories- 7M

Something to Remember- 8M

Ray of Light- 15M

Music- 11M

American Life- 3.5

Confessions on the Dancefloor- 8.5M

Hard Candy- 3.2

plus GHV2 6.5

who's that girl 5

you can dance 5

i'm breathless 6

evita 7 (even though i dont consider it hers, but apparently it is...)

plus 2.5 million for her other releases like remix, and confessions tour

 

so that is about 185 million

 

if we consider titanic album as part of celine's sales (and there are plenty arguments why it should and shouldn't) then she would easily top madge. lately the trend with sony has been to include it as hers: the award she got in canada for 7 diamond selling albums included titanic, and most places you can see next to the album: James Horner/Celine Dion

so i don't know

Posted

and by the way, Falling into you should be 13xP in the US and Let's talk about love 12xP

 

not to forget that All the way 9xP, Collector series vol1 1xP, and Celine Dion 3xP

Posted

Any reason why Sony fails to request certifications by RIAA for FIY and LTAL?

 

 

 

One more question, Rene is a Sony staff? Why does Celine work for Sony? Why does Rene bring Celine to Sony?

p2h5uxzujr4jDzczOB8-o.jpg
Posted
Does Unison VHS exist in DVD??
Posted
does celine celebrate thanksgiving tomorrow? or does she just celebrate canada's thanksgiving? :hmm:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg

Posted
Does Unison VHS exist in DVD??

no... :flowers:

Posted

I'm not sure if there is a topic on this already, but what would be a few questions you would ask Celine if you had a chance to meet her?

 

Mine would be (they are weird I know :D )

-Does your name have an accent mark on the first "e"

-How do you pronounce it "Saline", "Ciline", "Deeeeeooooone", or "Deee on"

 

I can't think of any others. What are some you would ask?

Marc

~~~~~~~~

Taking Chances World Tour

September 29, 2008

December 16, 2008

Posted
"Will you ever sing 'Where Does My Heart Beat Now' ever again?"
Posted
Isn't it pronounced Sa lin

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg

Posted
I, like the rest of us, think that Celine has got a figure to die for. Does anybody know what clothing and shoe size she is? I have always wondered... :)
http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/ThinkSig.jpg
Posted (edited)
A few years ago in People magazine they said her dress size is 2, and they're usually pretty reliable. But that's American sizes, I don't know how to convert that into Australian. And shoe size, I've heard about a million different things so I have no idea which is right! Btw, Celine is beautiful, but it's not worth dying to look like her -_- Edited by Jacqui
Posted
A US size 2 is about a 6 here. Which is TINYYYY!!!! I didn't think she was THAT small. LOL.
http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/ThinkSig.jpg
Posted
a question for max

 

 

oh and Madonna is a true singles artist, so she maybe sold many more than 75m. But I don't think she sold anything near 175m albums! :laugh:

 

Madonna company start this competition after Celine won the best selling solo female artist in 2004.

 

 

 

Celine is the only one certificated twice by the best selling recording artist in 2004 & 2007 in World Music Awards

 

 

:wub:

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
How many nephews and nieces does Celine have? Probably...LOTS! :laugh:
Posted (edited)

Ugh I hate asking for this because it's so much but I was just browsing the galleries for avatars here and came across so many pictures I didn't have the originals for. So, if anyone has the originals or larger ones or whatever for any of these, I'd really appreciate if you could post :heart:

 

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/135.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/136.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/168.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/178.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/192.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/203.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/50.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/54.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/64.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/66-1.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/73.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/77.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/86.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/89.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/193.jpg

Edited by Allie
Posted
How many nephews and nieces does Celine have? Probably...LOTS! :laugh:

 

 

She said she stopped counting at 35.

I actually spent half an hour, a few weeks ago, listing them all and figuring out which sister or brother of Celine's they each belonged to, and I only found 35, so if there are more, I don't know. I can try to find the list if anyone really cares LOL.

Posted
Its pronounced cell-in. And dion is just dion, but french people barely say the n at the end.
Posted
Ok, I always thought it was cell eeeeeeene, not just "in" :D

Marc

~~~~~~~~

Taking Chances World Tour

September 29, 2008

December 16, 2008

Posted
I, like the rest of us, think that Celine has got a figure to die for. Does anybody know what clothing and shoe size she is? I have always wondered... :)

 

In AND DVD when she tells the story of the opening night and the lost shoe she mentions she's a size 8.

  • Like 1

An angel was looking through,

It was you,

Yeah you...it's

189239_10150115379852858_614362857_6669246_5597381_n.jpg

You are the REASON.

Posted
I would like to know who takes care of all her estates while she not there(Florida,Las vegas,Montreal). Does her bodyguard go every where she goes, like shopping, (christmas,food,just regular shopping for herself)

 

 

Does anybody know the answer to this question.

Posted
they did hundreds of compilations like ne partez pas sans moi, for you, les premieres annees, the early singles, c'est pour vivre, mon ami, amour, how many more will they do, they used to to do loads back in the 90's from all different countries :huh:
http://991.com/newGallery/Celine-Dion-Unison-Remix-261182.jpg
Posted

In the AND DVD I think Celine mentions that she was asking for a size 38 shoe which is european sizing.

That's a UK size 6 :)

 

I've read in most mags and articles that Celine is 5'7 too.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/sarahlucy86/Celineandme12.jpg
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...