Ororo Munroe Posted May 11, 2018 at 08:58 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 08:58 PM It’s obvious now, she is not going to perform it on tv shows, not on billbboard 2018, she took it as a gift but nothing else and plays her role like Beckam did, it’s just a marketing thing, nothing less nothing more, and she is not going to promote it. She does not care anymore to have hit, she just want have fun. 1 Quote
Dion2000 Posted May 11, 2018 at 08:58 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 08:58 PM Just saw the first advert for Deadpool 2. Sadly they used All Out Of Love by Air Supply (which is on the soundtrack obviously) and not Ashes 😡 Apparently it plays during certain scenes especially the one when deadpool and his girlfriend have an apparent arguement scene. And during the credits AGAIN ONLY IN THE CREDITS WTF Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 11, 2018 at 08:58 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 08:58 PM I think the adverts will change slightly over the next 2 weeks but yeah annoying that, that song was chosen for the first tv advert. Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:08 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:08 PM What a mess ! How is it possible to not promote this song !!!!!!!! She won’t have a chance like this anymore... She has the oppotunity to be related with something cool and help her english career to connected with something else than TITANIC.... 1 Quote
nowanorris Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:34 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:34 PM It’s obvious now, she is not going to perform it on tv shows, not on billbboard 2018, she took it as a gift but nothing else and plays her role like Beckam did, it’s just a marketing thing, nothing less nothing more, and she is not going to promote it. She does not care anymore to have hit, she just want have fun. As a fan, it definitely pains me to see such major hit potential not being promoted more. I think we would all love to see Celine topping all sorts of charts again. That being said, at 50 years old and with a seriously incredible career, I simply can’t fault Celine for wanting to have fun at this point in life. She’s entitled to enjoy her career/life however she sees fit. I certainly don’t want her pushing herself to the point of no longer finding joy or happiness in what she does. I don’t think anyone wants to feel a slave to their job and we all seek that tricky balance of happiness and success. I will take Ashes as a beautiful and exciting gift as well. The song is heavenly and I’m thankful that she gave it to us no matter where it does or doesn’t go from here. ❤️ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 5 Quote
winforlife Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:44 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:44 PM I haven't been on the forum for a few days and it seems as though some folks feel let down by Céline-geez Since she recently had surgery I didn't expect her to promote the song on late night shows and other programs. Ryan Reynolds did a great job plugging the video. Perhaps when the movie is released, "Ashes" may get more exposure. I saw this article online-thought it was funny https://www.cinemabl...line-dion-video 5 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
angelil78 Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:46 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:46 PM What a mess ! How is it possible to not promote this song !!!!!!!! She won’t have a chance like this anymore... She has the oppotunity to be related with something cool and help her english career to connected with something else than TITANIC.... Maybe she has her OWN reasons that we don't have a clue about and she doesn't owe us any explanation on why she's not doing what you want her to do 2 Quote
Loup_garou Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:47 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:47 PM (edited) she just want have fun. And I'd say, Good For Her! Edited May 11, 2018 at 09:49 PM by Loup_garou 7 Quote
nowanorris Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:49 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 09:49 PM And I'd say, Good For Her! Yes...she deserves to have fun! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 1 Quote
gafsa Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:03 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:03 PM (edited) I am an old fan of her, I grew up with her music from almost of her English career begin, i did experience when her career getting bigger and bigger until her peak, I was worried when she decided to take a break, although it's a short break, but I felt it was long enough because I was get used to when she's everywhere, and she dominated radios.Though I was really excited about this song and hoping for another big return to the chart and radios, I understand if she don't want to work her "ashes" of like when she still building her career.After all, when you don't care about chart or hits, this song is truly a gift. At this stage of my life, all I want is a good song from her.I'm sure even she no longer made a hits, her career will continue as long as she can sell her album and tickets like the way she sell for all these times.Look at the other diva from her era, no longer can sell anything, no longer make a good music, but she can still going on with her career.I think I've got so much more from Celine. Edited May 11, 2018 at 10:14 PM by gafsa 2 Quote
celine4evauk Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:06 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:06 PM I’m gonna be fuming if they don’t mention the video, but show the entire David Beckham skit! 😡#TheGrahamNortonShow 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:14 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:14 PM I thought they were talking about Celine at first! Seriously if they don't mention Celine I'm gonna be mad! 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:19 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:19 PM I thought they were talking about Celine at first! Seriously if they don't mention Celine I'm gonna be mad! You’re gonna be 😡 like me 😡😡😡 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:23 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:23 PM (edited) I seriously just stayed up for that?!?!? Yeah the single is proper f***** now... well for the UK anyway! Lol. I keep thinking/well hoping that we are in for another surprise soon with her doing carpool or billboards. If it doesn’t happen there is no point getting excited regarding any singles that get released as this was handed to them on a plate and not only is it a great video and amazing song but the whole f****** planet was talking about it and promo would have helped soar it up the charts. Whether she no longer cares or not, most of us bloody do... Rant over Edited May 11, 2018 at 10:47 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:25 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 10:25 PM What the actual! Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 11, 2018 at 11:38 PM Posted May 11, 2018 at 11:38 PM (edited) And I'd say, Good For Her! Yes...she deserves to have fun! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk https://youtu.be/5_OYxSSyZxQ Edited May 11, 2018 at 11:38 PM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Titanica Posted May 12, 2018 at 12:32 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 12:32 AM If the song is indeed played during the credits there will be a lot more people hearing it. Apparently from the early reactions the post credit sequence is the best post credit sequence ever. Which means people will sit through the credits all the way until the end, giving her song a wider audience. I remember when Titanic came out I went to see it opening night. No one sat through the credits to listen to MHWGO. No one really knew about the song yet. When I saw it a second time a week later everyone sat to listen to the song. Remember, Deadpool 2 is expected to open to massive numbers. They’re projecting a first weekend gross north of $150 million in the US alone. That’s huge. I’m interested to see what happens with the song. But if it doesn’t take off again at least she sings the theme song of another hugely successful film. 3 Quote
mebe Posted May 12, 2018 at 12:47 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 12:47 AM Review....tracks of the week.... https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/may/11/christiana-aguilera-track-of-week Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk 3 Quote
mebe Posted May 12, 2018 at 12:51 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 12:51 AM https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/celine-dions-lasting-power-of-love Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk 2 Quote
rpopowski Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:33 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:33 AM Another good reaction video: 1 Quote
TommKat22 Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:51 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:51 AM Spotify update: 2,532,812 plays 1 Quote Tommy
TommKat22 Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:56 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:56 AM (edited) Also, AC radio update: Up one space to #31 with 36 spins and an audience of 555,000. Edited May 12, 2018 at 02:57 AM by TommKat22 4 Quote Tommy
Popular Post Mynameiswhatever Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:57 AM Popular Post Posted May 12, 2018 at 02:57 AM Ryan talking about Céline Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk 13 Quote
Brandon Posted May 12, 2018 at 03:13 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 03:13 AM (edited) Anyone who does that is disgusting. Leave the kid alone.I hate when people ask him about his mother on social media or they say ask Celine to review my cover of "Power of Love" Cringe What a mess ! How is it possible to not promote this song !!!!!!!! She won’t have a chance like this anymore... She has the oppotunity to be related with something cool and help her english career to connected with something else than TITANIC....Exactly. She has the opportunity to become the next comic book unlikely heroine and she's blowing it BIG-TIME! Edited May 12, 2018 at 03:13 AM by Brandon Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
mike_z Posted May 12, 2018 at 04:54 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 04:54 AM Spotify update: 2,532,812 plays Good update! 1 Quote
celine19 Posted May 12, 2018 at 05:19 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 05:19 AM 17.539.772 views!! 1 Quote Always be yourself! Unless you can be Céline......Then better be Céline!https://www.instagram.com/celine_dion_austria_fanclub/https://www.facebook.com/groups/392887531224865/
brisbaneboy Posted May 12, 2018 at 09:18 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 09:18 AM Ashes debuts at #23 on the Official Australian Chart for Digital Tracks Sales (amazing!) Sadly, as the formula now includes streaming and she was nowhere to be found on that list, she didn’t even crack the official Top 100 in my homeland. I’m pretty confident she will make waves with the album... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro 5 Quote
emi&celine Posted May 12, 2018 at 10:29 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 10:29 AM Ashes debuts at #23 on the Official Australian Chart for Digital Tracks Sales (amazing!) Sadly, as the formula now includes streaming and she was nowhere to be found on that list, she didn’t even crack the official Top 100 in my homeland. I’m pretty confident she will make waves with the album... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro It's also what I think! I believe the main goal is the album. With successfull tours in Europe last year and Australasia this Summer, plus good reviews for "Ashes", I think they clearly are preparing the release of the album. To be honest I prefer Celine to have another successful album and have a reason to include more new songs in her touring/Vegas setlist than a Top 10-20 single with disappointing album sales that will barely be performed in the future (ESNRQ, LMBTL, TC (?)). "Et s'il n'en restait qu'une" was #1 in France but D'elles unfortunately had poor sales while "Parler à mon père" enjoyed a less impressive chartrun...but we all know what happened with Sans attendre, the amazing success it was and how Céline enjoyed performing different songs on tour (PAMP, LM, QPVSA, CQMTA, JNPBDA and LMELE). 2 Quote
Unisono Posted May 12, 2018 at 10:30 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 10:30 AM I still don't understand why the official charts have to include streamings... wasn't it enough to create a new chart for streaming and leave the old classic one as it was? I mean... if a song is good I want to pay for it cause it's worth paying and that's what charts were and should mean to be, just like the box office for movies. And no physical cd singles anymore... nor new celine's 7" vinyls... 3 Quote
agentwigs Posted May 12, 2018 at 11:52 AM Posted May 12, 2018 at 11:52 AM Just listened to the Deadpool OST and was disappointed to hear there is nothing resembling an instrumental play on Ashes Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.