Jump to content

Réne will receive a posthumous Félix for "recognizing one of the best producers and impresarios to ever come from Québec"


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Did Isabelle Boullay sung this song too before ? Edited by celinesounds
  • Like 2

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted (edited)
Everything was perfect during this tribute, of course very emotional, about Céline´s look l I like dress, not big fan of her hairstyle but I´m still Ok with it, also make-up was great ( I read somewhere it was Scott Barnes job ) and this amazing song ... it´s very nice to see Céline dressed like this or like she was during AMA last year much better than in previous years. Edited by duri
  • Like 2
http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted
No way this is Not her Natural Hair. Dont think it grew that fast
  • Like 3
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

No way this is Not her Natural Hair. Dont think it grew that fast

I talked to my mom, who's been a hairstylist for over 30 years, and she said it's defintely extensions, since her natural hair is short right now.

  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted (edited)

Another flawless performance of her, which only evokes the word RESPECT to her :wub:

 

However, it was an extremely sad song. Not a performance that I'll watch on repeat I'm afraid. And the quota of sad songs performed on TV in front of millionaire audiences is being filled already lately, Hymne à l'amour, The Show Must Go On, Recovering, and now Avec le temps... I don't want an overdose of sad Celine songs and let alone that people watching on TV labels her as the permanent mourner who is bringing her grief with every chance she has to perform.

 

I'm looking forward to the next happy song, or at least, uplifting :) Hope the next English album has a bunch of them.

Edited by Javito
  • Like 4

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Her performance simply flawless!!
  • Like 2
[url=http://s1383.photobucket
Posted
This song has to be include on the EUS Re-release
  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
Guess ET didn't get the rights to actually show it, but still, nice that they noticed -
Posted

Did anyone translate her speech? That is such a wonderful, but sad, song. I had never heard it before. I will look for the original later.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

This song has to be include on the EUS Re-release

 

No :wtf:

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Tonight, the ADISQ wants to give an honorific Félix not only to one of the greatest visionaries of show business, but also one of the biggest fans of artists that has ever existed. René didn't only love me, he deeply loved show business; all the artists. Artist himself, he had an immense respect for all those who had that fire inside, that passion... and he wouldn't admit a single negative comment to anyone. It was a non-written law.

 

René always thought of the others before thinking of himself. René was a man of honor, his word was more important than all the contracts he had signed. A sincere look was everything for him. He imposed respect because he respected people. This was the only way of reaching the peak for him.

 

René loved you and still loves you. And I'm sure that tonight he loves you even a bit more knowing that you love him as well.

 

On behalf of René, his children and of myself of course, we say thank you. And if there's one lesson to keep from my husband it's the following: We can't always be good, we must be good when it's the right time.

 

And regardless of the last line of this very big song by Leo Ferré that says that with time, love dies, our love will stand the test of time. We loved each other, we love each other and we will always love each other.

 

Thank you.

thank you!
  • Like 2
Posted

Her voice and her eyes... so beautiful :cry:

It's curious how Céline appears to be another artist when singing in french.

  • Like 3
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9273/52612718.png

Posted (edited)

Her voice and her eyes... so beautiful :cry:

It's curious how Céline appears to be another artist when singing in french.

I think she is another artist when singing in French. And a better one too! For the most part her English catalogue and performances are ''look at how big my voice is''. She uses her voice to serve the bombastic emotion of her songs. In French, her phrasing and diction are better because she understands the language with no effort. This leaves her room to really interpretate. Her french songs are more poetic, complex and diverse which adds to her artistry. And above all, the live renditions of Ton Visage, Quand On N'a Que L'amour, Un Peu Plus Haute..., Avec Le Temps show a level of soulfulness that she reached in English very few times.

 

Funny fact is that nowadays she comes off as more original when singing a French cover like Avec Le Temps than an English song of her own such as Because You Loved Me. :-D

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 6
Posted (edited)

Performance-Flawless

Dress- Flawless

Hair- Awful

Her hair is too light. Her makeup, too. Washes her out in the worst way. I like Celine as a blonde but a darker blonde or light brown. Like her last Oscar awards appearance. And the extensions were so fake looking.

 

I was digging her new, short bob look as seen on ELLEN.

 

Still love her, of course.

 

 

PS. As an American fan who doesn't know the French language, I find some of her French singing to be more enjoyable to see/watch than her English material.

Edited by charmed
  • Like 1
Posted
I've been listening to her French Concerts lately , I"m so addicted , I PERFER her French material more so then her English as well
  • Like 2
Posted
Totally agree on the soulfulness throughout her French catalogue.The sincerity too. IN which songs do you guys think she reached this level at her English one?
Posted

I think she is another artist when singing in French. And a better one too! For the most part her English catalogue and performances are ''look at how big my voice is''. She uses her voice to serve the bombastic emotion of her songs. In French, her phrasing and diction are better because she understands the language with no effort. This leaves her room to really interpretate. Her french songs are more poetic, complex and diverse which adds to her artistry. And above all, the live renditions of Ton Visage, Quand On N'a Que L'amour, Un Peu Plus Haute..., Avec Le Temps show a level of soulfulness that she reached in English very few times.

 

Funny fact is that nowadays she comes off as more original when singing a French cover like Avec Le Temps than an English song of her own such as Because You Loved Me. :-D

 

The interpretation of Avec Le Temps clearly shows that there's a huge difference between french Céline and english Céline.

 

I'll be honest. I think nowadays, more than ever, she feels herself a lot more unpleasant doing all the "english showbusiness". The english interpretations, the english interviews, all that stuff, it's like she's a character, a "superficial" Céline, since the anglophone world is not her "place". But she loves to sing, so... ;)

  • Like 3
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9273/52612718.png

Posted

 

Tonight, the ADISQ wants to give an honorific Félix not only to one of the greatest visionaries of show business, but also one of the biggest fans of artists that has ever existed. René didn't only love me, he deeply loved show business; all the artists. Artist himself, he had an immense respect for all those who had that fire inside, that passion... and he wouldn't admit a single negative comment to anyone. It was a non-written law.

 

René always thought of the others before thinking of himself. René was a man of honor, his word was more important than all the contracts he had signed. A sincere look was everything for him. He imposed respect because he respected people. This was the only way of reaching the peak for him.

 

René loved you and still loves you. And I'm sure that tonight he loves you even a bit more knowing that you love him as well.

 

On behalf of René, his children and of myself of course, we say thank you. And if there's one lesson to keep from my husband it's the following: We can't always be good, we must be good when it's the right time.

 

And regardless of the last line of this very big song by Leo Ferré that says that with time, love dies, our love will stand the test of time. We loved each other, we love each other and we will always love each other.

 

Thank you.

 

 

Thank you!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
So my dad just informed me that "He read an article that Céline was at a tribute to her husband and broke down crying", and I gave him a look like :wtf: and he was like yeah "she must just be so emotional", and I said "Dad, she didn't break down, I saw the video", and he was like "well the article said--" and I stopped him there. I hate these sensationalistic articles!!!! :angry: Edited by CelineDionFreak
  • Like 2

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

Anyone else think that Celine's hairstyle during this award gala looks like her hair on the cover of the Miracle album?

 

Totally reminded me of the Miracle album when I first saw it. I noticed that there were people on instagram who were comparing Celine's look at the ADISQ gala to Maria Callas and I have to agree. Timeless beauty, elegance and class all the way! :wub: I just wish that dress was in her Vegas show. It's really beautiful and a really unique and elegant piece of fashion.

 

It reminds me of the dress Celine had on when she performed with Pavaratti, or the dress in the Immortality music video. The way the skirt of the dress flows and poofs at the back and sides. I think it complements Celine's figure perfectly. :)

post-3861-0-44474100-1478137303_thumb.jpg

  • Like 4

highfive.jpg

Posted

Anyone else think that Celine's hairstyle during this award gala looks like her hair on the cover of the Miracle album?

 

Totally reminded me of the Miracle album when I first saw it. I noticed that there were people on instagram who were comparing Celine's look at the ADISQ gala to Maria Callas and I have to agree. Timeless beauty, elegance and class all the way! :wub: I just wish that dress was in her Vegas show. It's really beautiful and a really unique and elegant piece of fashion.

 

It reminds me of the dress Celine had on when she performed with Pavaratti, or the dress in the Immortality music video. The way the skirt of the dress flows and poofs at the back and sides. I think it complements Celine's figure perfectly. :)

post-3861-0-44474100-1478137303_thumb.jpg

So it was Scott playing piano! I was pretty sure it was but then I thought I heard it was somebody else playing.

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

I think in general her French work is better, less commercial ,more poetic, more artistic, etc.

 

But sometimes I think the difference is exaggerated. . she is capable of extraordinary interpretation in English as well. Like Over the Rainbow.

i knew i loved you, seduce me, falling into you, call the man to name a few of my favorites, she can do that and i think she will.
  • Like 4
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

So it was Scott playing piano! I was pretty sure it was but then I thought I heard it was somebody else playing.

 

 

Yep. Must have been Scott playing the piano at the gala honoring Rene, because that's him in the picture that I previously posted. I miss Mego, but I've gotten use to Scott and I think he is doing a really good job. :) It helps that Mego and Scott practically look like the same person. LOL.

  • Like 1

highfive.jpg

Posted (edited)

Come on, now you're all going start bashing her English repertoire just because she sang an extremely sad French song and you were moved by the performance? Does that mean she has to sing a full album of depressing English songs to please you now? :wtf:

 

For God's sake, she has tons of English songs that are at least as good as the French ones. She just didn't pay attention to most of them, but that doesn't take off any credit of the recordings.

 

Yes, Celine is very convincing in French, that's undeniable, but if you mean you don't feel or you have not been moved also by her English performances (even those who have never been performed on stage and can only be listened on the studio recording), I think fans live in two different worlds...

 

Edit: and *if* by chance there seems to be a reason why she doesn't communicate as much in English as when she performs in French, that's only because the amount of time she performs in English in Vegas, compared to the songs she performs in French. The fact of ever performing the same English songs to sickness in Vegas doesn't help either. But again, that doesn't mean she hasn't amazing recordings in English where she can leave you speechless, or breathtaking English performances where she can move you to tears, like we saw in Recovering ;)

Edited by Javito
  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

^ The amazing ability to reply to things that were never said.

 

:sleep:

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...