Jump to content

Réne will receive a posthumous Félix for "recognizing one of the best producers and impresarios to ever come from Québec"


Recommended Posts

Posted

The looks: I was amazed by the Dolce & Gabbana coat she had while coming out of the Ritz-Carlton. That coat + big sunglasses... María Callas 2.0. :wub: And then of course the look for the ceremony; I remember Law said this past Summer during an interview with 'Le Journal De Montreal' that he wants to make a kind of revival of her most iconic looks. What a nice way to start with that 1997-inspired hair :clap: The Elie Saab dress was stunning, clearly inspired by the one she had for last year's American Music Awards (also from Elie Saab).

 

 

Her speech: Just so full of emotion and sincerity. I admit I thought she was going to break up in tears at any moment but she made it through! Though the song she sang says that time heals everything and we have to find love again, she made clear that she will love René for the rest of her life, she even insisted on this during the post-performance press conference.

 

 

The performance: As many of you have previously said, it's a very Ne Me Quitte Pas-kind-of song; really slow but at the same time with a lot of intense emotions. I personally found interesting the way they decided to film the performance, with that black & white filter and a big zoom. It's a first time for her. My favorite moment was when she raised her hands around her face, really living it :cry: Now I just hope they upload the performance to her VEVO channel on YouTube. It was such a heart-felt and personal performance and it would be nice for them to upload this after such a spectacular one as The Show Must Go On at the Billboard Music Awards was.

 

 

Once again, Céline Dion has given us yet another reason to be proud of her!

Yes exactly.
  • Like 3
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted (edited)
can someone please upload the videos on yt or better mega? so people can download them... THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! Edited by Lotty
Posted

 

Someone on facebook said she had an Adele hairdo. Although very gracious the hair combed like this makes her hard in her face. I thought the full zoom in looked made her look even harder.

The song itself is very Ne Me Quitte Pas like. No i don't want an album of this but she sang it with full emotion and flawless

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly!

  • Like 1
Posted

Avec le temps

Avec le temps...

Avec le temps, va, tout s'en va

On oublie le visage et l'on oublie la voix

Le coeur, quand ça bat plus, c'est pas la peine d'aller

Chercher plus loin, faut laisser faire et c'est très bien

Avec le temps...

Avec le temps, va, tout s'en va

L'autre qu'on adorait, qu'on cherchait sous la pluie

L'autre qu'on devinait au détour d'un regard

Entre les mots, entre les lignes et sous le fard

D'un serment maquillé qui s'en va faire sa nuit

Avec le temps tout s'évanouit

Avec le temps...

Avec le temps, va, tout s'en va

Même les plus chouettes souvenirs ça t'as une de ces gueules

A la Galerie je farfouille dans les rayons de la mort

Le samedi soir quand la tendresse s'en va tout seule

Avec le temps...

Avec le temps, va, tout s'en va

L'autre à qui l'on croyait pour un rhume, pour un rien

L'autre à qui l'on donnait du vent et des bijoux

Pour qui l'on eût vendu son âme pour quelques sous

Devant quoi l'on se traînait comme traînent les chiens

Avec le temps, va, tout va bien

Avec le temps...

Avec le temps, va, tout s'en va

On oublie les passions et l'on oublie les voix

Qui vous disaient tout bas les mots des pauvres gens

Ne rentre pas trop tard, surtout ne prends pas froid

Avec le temps...

Avec le temps, va, tout s'en va

Et l'on se sent blanchi comme un cheval fourbu

Et l'on se sent glacé dans un lit de hasard

Et l'on se sent tout seul peut-être mais peinard

Et l'on se sent floué par les années perdues

Alors vraiment

 

Avec le temps on n'aime plus.

----------------------

Léo Ferré 1970

14908408_991056501017700_6752557308884937062_n.jpg?oh=a1b0da9e83d36f623c191232bb2ad79f&oe=5895C5BD&__gda__=1490372491_61d0dd8cc5ea54af6b06a1c1d9b35168

  • Like 2
Posted

I woke up this morning and went on internet to watch Réné tribute. I didn't know Céline would sing that song. It just stuck me on my chair !!!

 

When you like a voice you dream to hear it singing your favourite songs which sometimes belong to others. And this is what happens to me this morning. The voice that gets me the most emotional was signing one of my very favourite song !!!

 

This song is a master piece, a monument of French culture. What a gift !!!

 

I don't want to be misunderstood but I do feel that with his death René made the greatest gift to the singer Dion. He turned the incredible singer she was into a true artist.

 

In the past Celine performed just as an athlet. By the way this is how she liked to figure herself. A fantastic singer but just a singer. But today the loss of the woman has nourished the soul of the artist.

  • Like 7
Posted

I missed her by 3 minutes this afternoon at the Ritz Hotel. I was running so fast. I also missed her at Shwartz Restaurant this summer,

Life doesn't want me to meet her!

hahahaha!

LOL I don't know why but your post made me chuckle. :goof:
Posted

After having watched this beautiful tribute to Rene I was very touched, The song she chose to sing was incredible Her rendition of the song was beautiful. I believe we could all imagine Rene being there watching her sing from the sidelines or from some place in the middle of the audience as he did so many many times. I am sure he was watching her sing from up above and as usual he was totally fascinated by her performance. I thought it was very cool that she was given the the award by Ginette Reno( who as we all know was so important to him and to her)

Her speech was incredible, a true tribute not only to the competent and visionary manager but to the husband as well. I believe she showed the world how much he meant to her. This sentence says it all.... `on s'aimait, on s'aime et on s'aimera toujours "

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

This performance has CLASSIC written all over it! From the pure voice of Celine to her sincere facial expressions, from the piano accompanying her to the flawless directing!

 

The 2015 AMA performance before Rene passed away, the BMA performance after his death and now this one perfectly showcase the emotional state of Celine. I am amazed!

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 4
Posted
Am I the only one who dislikes the dress??
  • Like 3
Posted

Am I the only one who dislikes the dress??

Nope. I dislike both the outfit and the hair. She did not look good IMO.

 

I just look past that because everything else (singing, performance, direction, message) was flawless!

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

Nope. I dislike both the outfit and the hair. She did not look good IMO.

 

I just look past that because everything else (singing, performance, direction, message) was flawless!

 

Me too. I'm never that interested in how she looks etc, but everyone was saying they loved the dress lol. Thought I was the only one to not like it 😂

 

She sounded great though, and held it together 😀 which are more important than anything else!

Edited by celine4evauk
  • Like 1
Posted
I love the dress, and I thought her make up was good. The hair needs work. It doesn't look like a wig or extensions. It looks like they brushed some hair from the middle of her head forward, clipped in a long fall in the back of her head and then slicked back the hair from the front. Not a fan. She should have kept the bob she's been sporting. It's very flattering, and still long enough to be able to play around with. I even liked it at the Stand Up 2 Cancer event.
  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

post-1736-0-15168000-1477923819_thumb.gif post-1736-0-05285900-1477923827_thumb.gifpost-1736-0-37330800-1477923832_thumb.gif post-1736-0-26107300-1477923841_thumb.gif post-1736-0-01664500-1477923848_thumb.gif post-1736-0-46166000-1477923854_thumb.gif post-1736-0-51468700-1477923860_thumb.gif post-1736-0-01681100-1477923869_thumb.gif post-1736-0-80655200-1477923875_thumb.gif

 

http://www.fashion-mommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/adele-performs-at-the-2012-grammy-awards-4-1329123571-view-1.jpg

 

She copied Adele here.

Edited by comingback
Posted
The dress was OK. It looked best when she was walking. As I have said before, Celine is NOT fat, but she should start working out a little as the body ages and becomes softer looking. Her hair.....no like! I think it was the aging factor here! But, she is lovely as ever.
  • Like 1
Posted
well I wonder if she left after the show to go back to Lv ,
Posted
I think when she put her hands to her head she was going to try and run her fingers to her hair but with all the hairspray thought better of it. :-D :giggle:
  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
does anybody know if RC was there or her Kids . I don't remember seeing them at the Hotel ,
Posted

I liked the performance, the dress is good, not the best more is ok, the more this hair, what they are doing as the hair of Celine, was first in the Stand Up To Cancer and now this, do not know what the worst, most this type of hairstyle is not good for her, let her masi old, the hairstyle is not good.

What happened to your hair, they need to work better with your hair.

  • Like 3
Posted

She was so beautiful!! Loved the performance! <3 i wish i could understand French so i could get the words as she was speaking

 

 

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg

Posted
Nope. I dislike both the outfit and the hair. She did not look good IMO.

 

I just look past that because everything else (singing, performance, direction, message) was flawless!

 

Loved that dress but this hairdo makes her look old and it also looks hard in her face. When she was wearing Christian Dior in Paris last summer her hair looked better and would have matched with this outfit flawlessly. It looks classy but stiff. she looked like a queen in this dress, that is for sure.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

She was so beautiful!! Loved the performance! <3 i wish i could understand French so i could get the words as she was speaking

 

 

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

i have read some and this one one while very simple seems to represent the song best.

 

With time,

With time everything goes its way

One forgets the face, and one forgets the voice

The heart, when it doesn’t beat anymore

It’s not worth it to go seeking any further

Just let it be, it’s all well.

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

The other whom one adored, whom one sought under the rain

The other whom one recognized with the turn of a glance Amongst the lines, amongst the words, and under the guise

Of a made-up oath on its way to make its night

With time, everything fades

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

Even the dearest of memories.

They have their own frowns!

In the gallery, I search amongst the rays of death

For the Saturday evening when tenderness went all by itself

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

The other in whom one believed, for a cold, for nothing

The other to whom one gave breath and jewels

For whom one had sold their heart for some meager change

In front of whom one trailed as dogs do

With time, all goes well

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

One forgets the passions and one forgets the voices

That told you softly, the words of poor folk

“Don’t be too late, but above all, don’t catch a cold.”

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

And one feels bleached like a drained horse

And one feels frozen in a bed of chance

And one feels all alone, perhaps, but it’s alright

And one feels flogged by the lost years

But really,

With time, one loves no more.

 

Read more: https://muzikum.eu/en/127-4405-217413/dalida/avec-le-temps-english-translation.html#ixzz4Oi1C8wlR

  • Like 3
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
i have read some and this one one while very simple seems to represent the song best.

 

With time,

With time everything goes its way

One forgets the face, and one forgets the voice

The heart, when it doesn’t beat anymore

It’s not worth it to go seeking any further

Just let it be, it’s all well.

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

The other whom one adored, whom one sought under the rain

The other whom one recognized with the turn of a glance Amongst the lines, amongst the words, and under the guise

Of a made-up oath on its way to make its night

With time, everything fades

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

Even the dearest of memories.

They have their own frowns!

In the gallery, I search amongst the rays of death

For the Saturday evening when tenderness went all by itself

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

The other in whom one believed, for a cold, for nothing

The other to whom one gave breath and jewels

For whom one had sold their heart for some meager change

In front of whom one trailed as dogs do

With time, all goes well

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

One forgets the passions and one forgets the voices

That told you softly, the words of poor folk

“Don’t be too late, but above all, don’t catch a cold.”

With time,

With time, everything goes its way

And one feels bleached like a drained horse

And one feels frozen in a bed of chance

And one feels all alone, perhaps, but it’s alright

And one feels flogged by the lost years

But really,

With time, one loves no more.

 

Read more: https://muzikum.eu/en/127-4405-217413/dalida/avec-le-temps-english-translation.html#ixzz4Oi1C8wlR

 

Oh thank you!! :)

 

 

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg

Posted

 

This was such a strong and emotional flawless performance. Celine is one of a kind. Amazing singer, wonderful honest and humble person. She is the real deal.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  • Like 4
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...