Jump to content

Réne will receive a posthumous Félix for "recognizing one of the best producers and impresarios to ever come from Québec"


Recommended Posts

Posted

She has those songs in english.

But she never performs them live.

 

She choose to sing BYLM without any soul or emotion.

 

Or the song lacks good lyrics, sometimes it's so cheesy ugh.

 

But maybe that's also in some of the french songs, but since I don't understand french immediately it makes the song more magical for me. :wub:

 

But is this intro/speech/performance somewhere available for download?

  • Like 1
Posted

Entrevue avec Céline Dion @ ADISQ Gala, 2016-10-30

 

6gP9N9tf.jpg

 

Coulisses Safia Nolin rencontre Céline Dion @ ADISQ Gala, 2016-10-30

 

UHgFYzaN.jpg

 

https://mega.nz/#!CUU0HZSZ!NGa_ocblaHlz3wMsV9MoXrbFqZuE4wm37XLfO3Mytb0

  • Like 1

www.celinecn.com

Youtube | Sohu 

Posted

Come on, now you're all going start bashing her English repertoire just because she sang an extremely sad French song and you were moved by the performance? Does that mean she has to sing a full album of depressing English songs to please you now? :wtf:

 

For God's sake, she has tons of English songs that are at least as good as the French ones. She just didn't pay attention to most of them, but that doesn't take off any credit of the recordings.

 

Yes, Celine is very convincing in French, that's undeniable, but if you mean you don't feel or you have not been moved also by her English performances (even those who have never been performed on stage and can only be listened on the studio recording), I think fans live in two different worlds...

 

Edit: and *if* by chance there seems to be a reason why she doesn't communicate as much in English as when she performs in French, that's only because the amount of time she performs in English in Vegas, compared to the songs she performs in French. The fact of ever performing the same English songs to sickness in Vegas doesn't help either. But again, that doesn't mean she hasn't amazing recordings in English where she can leave you speechless, or breathtaking English performances where she can move you to tears, like we saw in Recovering ;)

 

It's impossible to compare her french career to her English career

 

French = Pure and natural emotion

 

English = Money Money Money :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

 

I love both sides commercial and non commercial :innocent:

  • Like 2

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
Totally agree on the soulfulness throughout her French catalogue.The sincerity too. IN which songs do you guys think she reached this level at her English one?

I remember LA, next plane out, think twice, where is the love, prayer, call the man, life..so many songs that nevet have been performed live surprise surprise, ..

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
I'm remembering when she sung La Promesse Cassée at Sur Les Plaines, it was so beautiful that I felt scared :mellow:
  • Like 2
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9273/52612718.png

Posted

I remember LA, next plane out, think twice, where is the love, prayer, call the man, life..so many songs that nevet have been performed live surprise surprise, ..

 

She has performed think twice, the prayer, call the man, live plenty of times!

  • Like 1

J'ai besoin de tes yeux, c'est le miroir ou j'existe, sans eux je ne me vois pas

Regarde-moi

 

http://img.noiset.com/images/artist/celine-dion-disc-5017.jpeg

Posted

Totally agree on the soulfulness throughout her French catalogue.The sincerity too. IN which songs do you guys think she reached this level at her English one?

I would say Halfway To Heaven, With This Tear, Think Twice, Just Walk Away, Seduces Me, Call The Man, Immortality, Where Is The Love, Prayer, My Precious One.

 

When I Need You, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face and Nature Boy out of covers. Over The Rainbow being her best out of live performances.

Posted

Us, Je t'aime encore (English version), Then You Look At Me, Water From The Moon, The Colour of My Love, Live For The One I Love, The Greatest Reward, Goodbye's The Saddest Word, Have You Ever Been In Love, I Surrender, I Know What Love Is, Stand By Your Side, Faith... and the list goes on and on.

 

Even Alone, which of course is a cover but has been (unfairly) bashed by critics delivers the message in her voice pretty well.

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Miles to Go (Before I Sleep), Halfway To Heaven, In his Touch, Love Doesn't Ask Why, Show Some Emotion, Where Is The Love, Prayer

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
I'd add If You Could See Me Now to the list! That song always gets me.
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I'd add If You Could See Me Now to the list! That song always gets me.

Oh yes. I adore that song so so so much :wub:

Edited by CelineDionFreak

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted
I remember LA, next plane out, think twice, where is the love, prayer, call the man, life..so many songs that nevet have been performed live surprise surprise, ..

 

She has performed think twice, the prayer, call the man, live plenty of times!

Not THE prayer. I mean prayer, which is on the andhc album

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 2
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
Safia Nolin who met Céline at the ADISQ awards show has released today an album of covers including Céline's D'amour ou d'amitié... :) Edited by mebe
Posted (edited)

Safia Nolin who met Céline at the ADISQ awards show has released today an album of covers including Céline's D'amour ou d'amitié... :)

 

See here for the track.

Edited by scielle
Posted

Safia Nolin who met Céline at the ADISQ awards show has released today an album of covers including Céline's D'amour ou d'amitié... :)

 

See here for the track.

 

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/11/18/cest-malade-faire-des-icovers-i

"Safia Nolin espère très fort que Céline Dion, son idole, entendra sa relecture de D’amour et d’amitié. «On lui envoie l’album et un t-shirt avec ma face dessus parce qu’elle me l’avait demandé», dit-elle."

 

Hahah. Looking forward to THAT picture!

(For those who didn't see the interview, when they met at the ADISQ - with Safia wearing her Celine T-shirt - Celine said she wants a Safia T-shirt.)

  • Like 2
Posted
This performance was flawless. Every time I listen to it I sense it was that good because Celine was singing for/to Rene! :mellow:
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

New exclusive pics

 

Schr%25C3%25A1nka-28.jpg

An exclusive image of the legendary @celinedion right before her emotional speech and performance at the 2016 #galaADISQ in Montréal, where she received the Félix Award in honor of her late husband René Angélil. The canadian icon was flawless in #Buccellati high-jewelry pieces in white and yellow gold set with rubies and diamonds. #BuccellatiCelebrities #CélineDion

 

Buccellati

  • Like 3
Posted
New exclusive pics

 

Schr%25C3%25A1nka-28.jpg

An exclusive image of the legendary @celinedion right before her emotional speech and performance at the 2016 #galaADISQ in Montréal, where she received the Félix Award in honor of her late husband René Angélil. The canadian icon was flawless in #Buccellati high-jewelry pieces in white and yellow gold set with rubies and diamonds. #BuccellatiCelebrities #CélineDion

 

Buccellati

Our Queen

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

15894774_10154981936812139_7973302880108200201_n.jpg?oh=e31b7db4d75dcfacfd29f74ed8397268&oe=591401B615940600_10154981937332139_7104778995663131423_n.jpg?oh=fe0a6cf9e39d8d02dd1028716223535f&oe=58DCAB87

 

God, this is so heartbreaking. She was so young. Much love to her family.

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet
Edited by scielle
  • 2 years later...
Posted

Safia Nolin who met Céline at the ADISQ awards show has released today an album of covers including Céline's D'amour ou d'amitié... :)

 

Safia has a 2nd album of covers out, and she does Destin.

 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Currently watching the Adisq Gala, and Ginette Reno is on at the moment, doing her thing.

I hope Celine keeps singing as long as her idol.

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...