mike_z Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:16 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:16 PM What I don't get is that it's the same literally all over the world! What the heck happened? She got "old". Radio is only for young artists. That's the only, but true reason. 3 Quote
Shaun Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:43 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:43 PM She got "old". Radio is only for young artists. That's the only, but true reason. Yet whenever Madonna releases something or U2 for example radio everywhere play them. Celine was "old" 10 years ago was she? 2 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
BartFCS Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:54 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:54 PM (edited) Yet whenever Madonna releases something or U2 for example radio everywhere play them. Celine was "old" 10 years ago was she?As far as I remember Madonna was facing the same problem with her last album. She got very angry and was quite vocal about ageism situation in music industry. About Celine. I think she'd have to work with brand new set of producers to get out of her comfort zone get the attention she deserves. Edited September 17, 2016 at 02:55 PM by BartFCS 2 Quote
mirage Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:54 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 02:54 PM It really doesnt matter how good the music is.Its all about age and name. 3 Quote
BartFCS Posted September 17, 2016 at 03:04 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 03:04 PM It really doesnt matter how good the music is.Its all about age and name.Unfortunately you're probably right... Quote
Ronny83 Posted September 17, 2016 at 03:23 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 03:23 PM Yet whenever Madonna releases something or U2 for example radio everywhere play them. Celine was "old" 10 years ago was she? What about Cher, Mariah...? They still have huge airplay. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Shaun Posted September 17, 2016 at 03:27 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 03:27 PM What about Cher, Mariah...? They still have huge airplay. Exactly. Good examples. 1 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
DionFanAlways Posted September 17, 2016 at 05:38 PM Posted September 17, 2016 at 05:38 PM (edited) What about Cher, Mariah...? They still have huge airplay. If you are talking about the States then not really. Especially Cher. (And I can only speak of what I hear on the radio) Edited September 17, 2016 at 05:39 PM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Moleque20 Posted September 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM Posted September 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM French iTunes: #3!!! Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Critiaslux Posted September 18, 2016 at 06:59 PM Posted September 18, 2016 at 06:59 PM What about Cher, Mariah...? They still have huge airplay. hum not sure. Both have a not a hit songs on radio for ages. Actually Cher since 1999 and Mariah since 2005. The only possibility would be a duet or feat with hot/trendy artist. And not Ne Yo who was not such a "in" artist in 2014 any longer... A Bruno Mars collab would be great, quality wise and chart wise (at least on the paper ) 1 Quote
mebe Posted September 18, 2016 at 07:45 PM Posted September 18, 2016 at 07:45 PM Still #2 on Rythme FM! http://www.rythmefm.com/montreal/palmares.php 1 Quote
max24 Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:23 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:23 PM The single has a new peak on the French Airplay Chart - #22 2 Quote
Moleque20 Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:39 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:39 PM It is amazing how the song has been dominating the french charts since the end of May!! Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
browseceline Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:55 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:55 PM As far as I remember Madonna was facing the same problem with her last album. She got very angry and was quite vocal about ageism situation in music industry. About Celine. I think she'd have to work with brand new set of producers to get out of her comfort zone get the attention she deserves. eh well, Yeux Au Ciel is very modern, and so is Tu Sauras... Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:56 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 01:56 PM hum not sure. Both have a not a hit songs on radio for ages. Actually Cher since 1999 and Mariah since 2005. The only possibility would be a duet or feat with hot/trendy artist. And not Ne Yo who was not such a "in" artist in 2014 any longer... A Bruno Mars collab would be great, quality wise and chart wise (at least on the paper ) Maybe a duet with Justin Timberlake! Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Moleque20 Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:02 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:02 PM eh well, Yeux Au Ciel is very modern, and so is Tu Sauras... Well it is modern, but the context is very specific: gap generation and the addiction to gadgets by the teenagers. A great topic for exams, but not for the 2nd single of such a smash-hit album. Even though I like its melody, I find it a poor choice. L'etoile or Tu Sauras should be the second single. 3 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
browseceline Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:11 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:11 PM Well it is modern, but the context is very specific: gap generation and the addiction to gadgets by the teenagers. A great topic for exams, but not for the 2nd single of such a smash-hit album. Even though I like its melody, I find it a poor choice. L'etoile or Tu Sauras should be the second single. I think they only listened to the catchy melody instead of the lyrics.. 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Moleque20 Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:12 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:12 PM I think they only listened to the catchy melody instead of the lyrics.. I agree. 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
mike_z Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:19 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:19 PM I like LYAC... it cold work as a single but TU SAURAS could be bombastic! 2 Quote
Moleque20 Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:24 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 02:24 PM Well EUS, the Miracle, QPVSA, PAMP, ESNRQ, JNVOP, Immensite all almost all the singles all the last decade are ballabs/untempo-ballads. Only "A cause" was something different that could have been promotted diffirent, but they let the train leave the station. 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
BartFCS Posted September 19, 2016 at 03:14 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 03:14 PM eh well, Yeux Au Ciel is very modern, and so is Tu Sauras...well.. they are not to me. If I want to hear something modern in french that stands out among everything on the radio I listen to Christine and The Queens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs40yxHjTxQ Original production with great voice not to mention the video. I can easily hear Celine sing it Celine working with these producers would be my dream. Instant hit! Quote
browseceline Posted September 19, 2016 at 03:20 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 03:20 PM well.. they are not to me. If I want to hear something modern in french that stands out among everything on the radio I listen to Christine and The Queens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs40yxHjTxQ Original production with great voice not to mention the video. I can easily hear Celine sing it Celine working with these producers would be my dream. Instant hit! yes that is really really modern and yes I could hear Celine singing this but then again, Celine has a large fanbase and although it would be nice to attract a newer audience, her mostly adult contemporary fanbase is not interested in this singing style. Loved me back to life was a try in that direction and did it work? 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
BartFCS Posted September 19, 2016 at 03:38 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 03:38 PM (edited) yes that is really really modern and yes I could hear Celine singing this but then again, Celine has a large fanbase and although it would be nice to attract a newer audience, her mostly adult contemporary fanbase is not interested in this singing style. Loved me back to life was a try in that direction and did it work?You're absolutely right... it's very tricky to please everyone. That why we're going to get next album that will be the mixture of everything. They simply have to do it.. but in order to get radio play and recognition they have to risk it and work with producers who are not going to copy anyone's sound like Sia or Ne-yo. IMO it'd sink very fast. It just has to be original. I hope they experiment a little before deciding what direction to take and then they deliver good album. The best one yet Edited September 19, 2016 at 03:48 PM by BartFCS 1 Quote
LukeD Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:12 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:12 PM Yet whenever Madonna releases something or U2 for example radio everywhere play them. Celine was "old" 10 years ago was she?Madonna is not played everywhere. Her last release to be supported was COADF. And then it was the duet with Justin Timberlake. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM (edited) What about Cher, Mariah...? They still have huge airplay.No they don't. Mariah has been flopping hard in US and Japan that used to be her strong markets. She needed a duet with Miguel to score Top 20 hit! Everything else flopped. The ageism of radios (especially in US) has affected every female singer. Edited September 19, 2016 at 10:15 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
Ronny83 Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:15 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:15 PM No they don't. Mariah has been flopping hard in US and Japan that used to be her strong markets. She needed a duet with Miguel to score Top 20 hit! Everything else flopped.I was talking about airplay, not sales. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
LukeD Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:22 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:22 PM I was talking about airplay, not sales.I am talking about airplay too. Which might lead to sales anyway. Point is I do not understand where you see the huge airplay. 2 Quote
Xpresso Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:56 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 10:56 PM Cher and Mariah don't get much airplay either in my opinion. 2 Quote
Ronny83 Posted September 19, 2016 at 11:23 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 11:23 PM I am talking about airplay too. Which might lead to sales anyway. Point is I do not understand where you see the huge airplay. Here in Italy Cher and Mariah's singles are always played on big radio stations. Celine is not. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
LukeD Posted September 19, 2016 at 11:28 PM Posted September 19, 2016 at 11:28 PM Here in Italy Cher and Mariah's singles are always played on big radio stations. Celine is not.I see. I thought you were talking about the world before and not just for your country. In Greece Celine has always been bigger than Mariah and Cher combined. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.