Jump to content

Céline Dion: Summer Tour 2016 - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

Not the first ''Ordinaire'', but the second one for sure

 

Lol you're definitely wrong. I've been studying rhat note very close, nearly obsessively. It's taken time, but as the tour has went on and her voice has tired out, you can notice a difference. A couple shows she ended it slightly early before she normally woud, like a half second or less. A few have sounded more strained. And lets be real, if she nails the c#5 in tous les blues and it's live why is this b4 being questioned? Look at that c#5. Up until August 5th every show sounded almost identical. Now you can tell she is shaky nearly every time. That note is a little harder than the ordinaire one. So I'm not surprised more noticable differences are seen with that one as the tour went on

  • Like 2
Posted

you know after all these shows from the mini tour i think she could probably do comedy stand up!!

She really could! :giggle:

  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

 

 

Not only the age ( which is obviously a problem for a singer), but also the fact that ACDS was also shorter ( less songs) and less vocal than this show.

 

We can't really complain. I mean, I didn't read any complain, just facts and that's right, her voice got tired the last shows but still I think she did vocally more and better than "ACDS" (which was "just" on spot without any real vocal challenge).

 

So all in all ( age, setlist, more shows), I think she did quite all right.

 

Anyway, she knows herself very good: in her last interview , she said that she exagerated this summer (with all these shows, and her side activities here and there) and some nights she only had 60% of her vocal capacities.

Definitely not complaining, just concerned of the voice we all adore is all. I went to the 12th/13th in Montreal concerts and that was when she sang everything flawlessly, no nasality and raspiness whatsoever.

 

She is definitely challenging herself with this minitour, (long set list, not leaving the stage, doing everything completely live except the English medley and 2 long high notes, so that's great but at the same time I'm just noticing towards the end of the leg, just like the Taking Chances tour, she's getting super nasal and the raspiness is coming back like it did for awhile a couple years back.

 

Long story short I'm scared of the A New Day voice era, because that was traumatic for all of us! And during the LMBTL promo era, her voice was just inconsistent and not dependable.

 

In the end she is a professional singer and she did get her voice into MUCH better shape recently, but sometimes I wonder of her schedule and if she's not singing, she's always talking so much. To Aldo, her kids, mom, family, press, interviews, stress, now Vegas to rehearse again soon. IMO she doesn't need to do as many shows as she did, but I get that a tour needs to be lucrative and be profitable but damn, she's already so rich!

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Double post if mods can delete this thanks! Edited by stone
Posted

I find a bit depressing that after such an intense look at her French catalogue during this Summer she's going to go back to Quand Ça Balance... :huh:

 

:sick:

  • Like 1
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
why is it in this pro footage her mic voice sounds they put a filter on it like "No clear voice allowed". it sounds muffled. Compare that to her live pro footages back in her a new day era (like In Some Small Way, What A Wonderful World, etc.) it sounds so clear but now i think they really put a filter on her mic.
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Guys....there IS pro footage : https://www.facebook...05281619496288/

Do you think we might get something after all????

 

Here's to hoping !

 

It could be just for TV and promotional reasons... Alas, we haven't seen anything but the beginnig of the show, new songs (O, ALPHB) and TSMGO which are rather typical choices for promotion...

Edited by anewdayhascome
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

why is it in this pro footage her mic voice sounds they put a filter on it like "No clear voice allowed". it sounds muffled. Compare that to her live pro footages back in her a new day era (like In Some Small Way, What A Wonderful World, etc.) it sounds so clear but now i think they really put a filter on her mic.

 

They've been doing this in most of her pro-recordings lately, and I completely hate it. Her voice doesn't move me at all, it's even painful to hear. We should really complain about this.

  • Like 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg

► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/

 

 

Posted

They've been doing this in most of her pro-recordings lately, and I completely hate it. Her voice doesn't move me at all, it's even painful to hear. We should really complain about this.

 

i actually noticed this changes when Celine goes back in Las Vegas in Aug 27 2015...

Posted

It could be just for TV and promotional reasons... Alas, we haven't seen anything but the beginnig of the show, new songs (O, ALPHB) and TSMGO which are rather typical choices for promotion...

 

Oh, you're right :( That's SO sad. You have the cameras all set up. RECORD A DVD DAMMIT!!!!!

  • Like 1
Posted

Oh, you're right :( That's SO sad. You have the cameras all set up. RECORD A DVD DAMMIT!!!!!

 

I hope I'm wrong. Really :)

  • Like 1
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

I responded to this in the other thread but Wow! She has started that new chapter in her open book.

Is there video?

 

The red heads had it on streaming maybe you can find it on their Facebook page

  • Like 1
Posted

I find a bit depressing that after such an intense look at her French catalogue during this Summer she's going to go back to Quand Ça Balance... :huh:

Yeah me also. :(
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Yeah me also. :(

 

I hope they take that song out. I really cannot stand it... So many other beautiful French songs that are hers......

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

They better not cut Quand ça balance! 💓💓💓

Her voice is sounding so fabulous in the lower register on this new album. I so hope she starts to sing more jazz.

Edited by scielle
Posted
Every show was filmed. We don't know if those files are saved, or were just projected onto the large screens. I'm sure some, if not all, shows were recorded and saved. These files can easily be used for a DVD. This show was much more intimate than others in the past (less energetic, a less complex stage, and a lot of talking), therefore having cameras flying on cranes, etc. would not be necessary and somewhat not fitting for this type of show. I really believe that the camera angles we have seen could be used for an amazing DVD. We will have to wait. But I am confident we will get something for the tour and that will probably be a DVD! After all, we have gotten DVD's from USF, TCWT, A New day, sur les plaines. With the circumstances of this tour, and the intense homecoming to Quebec after losing Rene, I can't see why they wouldn't release this tour on DVD.
  • Like 5
Posted

I find a bit depressing that after such an intense look at her French catalogue during this Summer she's going to go back to Quand Ça Balance... :huh:

 

Hope they will replace this french song in Vegas. Why not by "Ordinaire"? :D

  • Like 2
Posted

https://www.facebook...55277445553228/ i would want a dance album like that, donna summer, Pointer Sisters, etc...

 

That Blondie improv was EVERYTHING

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...