CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 17, 2017 at 02:34 AM Posted April 17, 2017 at 02:34 AM Wee wee...I mean, oui oui! 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted April 17, 2017 at 03:18 AM Posted April 17, 2017 at 03:18 AM We appreciate the link/info... but as I said before this is the "English" speaking section of the forum so please post it in English or in both languages as it's a tad insulting to those who don't speak French who come to the English area of the forum for info. I know we can google translate but come on help us out at the same time as you obviously speak both! Rant over! Insulting?! What I find insulting is the unapologetic expectation that everything should be translated into English! Clearly there are lots of worthwhile and exclusive pieces about Celine published only in French, and if you've got them, please keep posting them, because some of us appreciate them regardless of whether you have the time to translate them or not. We'd rather they be posted in French, than not posted at all. Google Translate is only a click away. (And, you know, some of us work 100hr/week jobs so translating everything we think others may find of interest is not really an option!) 5 Quote
dodobird Posted April 17, 2017 at 09:20 AM Posted April 17, 2017 at 09:20 AM Or it would just be a wonderful opportunity to learn French. Duolingo makes everything so easy these days 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 17, 2017 at 10:08 AM Posted April 17, 2017 at 10:08 AM So guys, a question, how long can an artist go without a manager? How long can a person of her stature go without a manager? I'm getting a bit antsy about her not having one. Sometimes I think she may have it all under control but then doubt creeps in and I say how is she going to do all of this with the tour coming up and the album! Wouldn't a manager handle getting her on shows to promo things? Any thoughts? 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Javito Posted April 17, 2017 at 10:43 AM Posted April 17, 2017 at 10:43 AM How does a singer last without a manager? How can a career never die? 7 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
chocolatechip15 Posted April 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM Posted April 17, 2017 at 11:43 AM So guys, a question, how long can an artist go without a manager? How long can a person of her stature go without a manager? I'm getting a bit antsy about her not having one. Sometimes I think she may have it all under control but then doubt creeps in and I say how is she going to do all of this with the tour coming up and the album! Wouldn't a manager handle getting her on shows to promo things? Any thoughts? She does still have the whole company Feeling Productions. Aldo was CEO but there was a whole staff. I'm sure Aldo had a second-in-command, the way Rene had Dave Platel, who took over when he got sick in '99. I'm sure Celine's not fielding calls about TV appearances herself 2 Quote
ryba Posted April 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM Author Posted April 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM Guys, what exactly is Feeling Productions? I know its her Company, but what do they exectly do and why was it established in the first place? Moreover, what is CDA Productions and what do they do? What is the difference between these two? Quote
angelil78 Posted April 17, 2017 at 12:21 PM Posted April 17, 2017 at 12:21 PM Guys, what exactly is Feeling Productions? I know its her Company, but what do they exectly do and why was it established in the first place? Moreover, what is CDA Productions and what do they do? What is the difference between these two? I think Feeling Productions are everything regarding her general management and CDA Production is everything about her Las Vegas residency. This is just guessing so please correct me if I'm wrong. Quote
ajguerras Posted April 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM Posted April 19, 2017 at 12:01 AM What is clear is that the english album will be delayed because of this situation. 2 Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
Caledor Posted April 19, 2017 at 09:32 AM Posted April 19, 2017 at 09:32 AM What is clear is that the english album will be delayed because of this situation. That's what I'm afraid of too ! Quote 29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !
Popular Post Xpresso Posted April 19, 2017 at 11:25 AM Popular Post Posted April 19, 2017 at 11:25 AM They can take as long as they need to make a great album. What's the rush? 9 Quote
joaofilho Posted April 19, 2017 at 06:35 PM Posted April 19, 2017 at 06:35 PM There is no official source saying that the CD was or will be postponed, this is suppositions, my opinion is that this album already has some dates in study to be released, remember that she was working on this new album in English since the year In the past, photos of her in studio with Diane Warner were released and in some interviews Celine said she was working on the new cd. I think this exit of Aldo will not change the release of the cd. What worries me is what comes next, a manager is responsible for doing a whole study of a better marketing strategy for an artist, for a product launch (in this case the CD), a better way to go, we will wait and See results. Quote
smw Posted April 20, 2017 at 09:11 PM Posted April 20, 2017 at 09:11 PM I'm curious... Do we know what the status of all of this is? If Aldo has stepped down, who else is part of her management team who helps Celine with decisions / organization of her career? Do we know what personal reasons Aldo stepped down for? Was there any drama between him and Celine / Celine's team? Who exactly is Celine's team? Other than her brother? Who is in the running to be her manager now? Does she even need one? Or will she just have a team who helps Celine herself call the shots? Lastly -- who do we, as fans, reach out to if we have advice we'd like to share regarding Celine's career? Quote
Xpresso Posted April 21, 2017 at 02:50 PM Posted April 21, 2017 at 02:50 PM Would you like to set up an interview time, darling? 2 Quote
smw Posted April 24, 2017 at 10:43 PM Posted April 24, 2017 at 10:43 PM Would you like to set up an interview time, darling? I'd love that! I just feel so in the dark about Celine's team these days. Would love to have more info. 3 Quote
NicoNV Posted April 26, 2017 at 01:46 AM Posted April 26, 2017 at 01:46 AM She isn't an imbecile. And although most people believe she does not have anything to do with the business, and believe that she hates it/was not involved, I doubt that has been entirely true for many years. She is on a record label, she has her own production company, and she has numerous employees. I am sure she is capable of running the aspects of the business she needs to run, and can find someone to handle the aspects she wants to pass off. It sounds, based on some of her more recent interviews, that she is purposefully keeping herself busy as a way to work through her grief--if that's the case, then she might want to handle more of the business by her own choice. Only time will tell. But, Aldo helped her with a tour, a return to Vegas, a French album, TV appearances, launching her collection, and I am sure countless other things we were all totally unaware of. Also, he gave us "Aldi and the night of 1000 jokes." So, overall, he did some positive things. I wish him well in his life moving forward. Her career is not going to fall apart because he left. 6 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted April 26, 2017 at 02:00 AM Posted April 26, 2017 at 02:00 AM That night of Aldi and the 1000 jokes was amazing haha! 4 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
brandon_vincent Posted April 26, 2017 at 04:06 AM Posted April 26, 2017 at 04:06 AM Guys I asked a body guard about what's going on and he said they're doing fine and that they're selling out every night and since Celine is such a big star I don't think we need to worry!! This isn't a Selena type situation and Celine is safe and Rene protected her!! I'm sure she's fine because she made some remarks during the concert about making her own decisions and she seemed fine about it and I'm not worried anymore!! I think she'll self manage her career with the help of people in her team as well as Rene in her heart!! 1 Quote
angelil78 Posted April 26, 2017 at 08:55 AM Posted April 26, 2017 at 08:55 AM That night of Aldi and the 1000 jokes was amazing haha! what joke was that? Quote
incognito Posted April 26, 2017 at 11:03 AM Posted April 26, 2017 at 11:03 AM what joke was that? They just kept on coming. I think you kind of had to be there to get it. 2 Quote
angelil78 Posted April 26, 2017 at 04:14 PM Posted April 26, 2017 at 04:14 PM Télé Star (looks like a trashy magazine) has Céline on the front page. It says that Céline dreams that RC could be her manager. Seriously doubt that they have a real interview in there.They have some pictures from "Un An Avec Céline" that will broadcast on May 4th. I think we have seen most of the stuff that will be shown. It looks like they do have some extra footage though.. like backstage in Montréal in August. But back to RCIf he was an adult maybe but she wants him to live his life and his dream (she has said that often) Who knows, maybe he has expressed interest in stepping into his fathers footsteps when he grows older. Quote
Angel2006 Posted April 26, 2017 at 09:25 PM Posted April 26, 2017 at 09:25 PM I personally don't think that Celine would allow RC to take on that role of Manager. That was his father's role and Celine has said many times that she want's RC to do his own thing and follow his own path and dreams in life. I think that RC is heavily into his sports. I predict the he will probably get some kind of sports scholarship to College or University, or he will just go straight into the NHL,the PGA, or whatever sport he wants. I don't see him being Celine's manager though. Maybe when he's like 40 years old and has achieved his own goals and dreams in his life, but Celine would be 73 by that point. I don't know if she would still want to be singing at that stage in her life. Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still going strong. I know that RC is set in life for whatever he wants to do. He has his families support and the financial backing to do whatever his heart desires. I don't know what his future holds, but I know that whatever he decides to do, he will make his mom and dad proud. That's the only thing we know for sure. 1 Quote
angelil78 Posted April 26, 2017 at 09:32 PM Posted April 26, 2017 at 09:32 PM I personally don't think that Celine would allow RC to take on that role of Manager. That was his father's role and Celine has said many times that she want's RC to do his own thing and follow his own path and dreams in life. I think that RC is heavily into his sports. I predict the he will probably get some kind of sports scholarship to College or University, or he will just go straight into the NHL,the PGA, or whatever sport he wants. I don't see him being Celine's manager though. Maybe when he's like 40 years old and has achieved his own goals and dreams in his life, but Celine would be 73 by that point. I don't know if she would still want to be singing at that stage in her life. Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still going strong. I know that RC is set in life for whatever he wants to do. He has his families support and the financial backing to do whatever his heart desires. I don't know what his future holds, but I know that whatever he decides to do, he will make his mom and dad proud. That's the only thing we know for sure. Exactly. I mean we don't know what RC wants to do for work when he grows older but one thing for sure is that he loves hockey and yeah if he won't get scholarship, then at least he will go to a college that offers hockey. I imagine that his dream is to play with the Canadiens. But no way Céline is thinking about him becoming a manager at this stage. I think probably she worries if RC is going far away for College haha 1 Quote
celinesounds Posted April 30, 2017 at 11:44 AM Posted April 30, 2017 at 11:44 AM (edited) Extravaganza news www.extrattthhz.jupier/mc-celine.html Celine Dion just signed a deal with Butterfly MC Records to release her upcoming English album under Mariah Carey's management just a jock for fun Edited April 30, 2017 at 11:45 AM by celinesounds 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
angelil78 Posted April 30, 2017 at 01:33 PM Posted April 30, 2017 at 01:33 PM Here it says she wont be looking for a new manager. The reliability of the source I don't know. Might very well be gossip https://fr.news.yahoo.com/c%C3%A9line-dion-50min-inside-elle-170513942.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 30, 2017 at 02:06 PM Posted April 30, 2017 at 02:06 PM (edited) Here it says she wont be looking for a new manager. The reliability of the source I don't know. Might very well be gossip https://fr.news.yaho...l-sh&soc_trk=twHmm. So let's honor the new era. To Celine, superwoman! Manager and Legend! May she be able to handle it all! ( it's a bit scary to me) I'm not saying she can't do it but it just makes me a little nervous for her mental health. Edited April 30, 2017 at 02:14 PM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
scielle Posted April 30, 2017 at 02:12 PM Posted April 30, 2017 at 02:12 PM mean we don't know what RC wants to do for work when he grows older Well, let's start with the fact that he probably doesn't have to work a day in his life! Here it says she wont be looking for a new manager. The reliability of the source I don't know. Might very well be gossip https://fr.news.yaho...l-sh&soc_trk=tw Meh. Conjecture. The 50 min inside segment was an opinion piece. Merely states what we already know - that Celine has been making a lot more of the decisions surrounding her career and is taking charge. Nowhere does she say she's not going to hire someone else. Let's not forget the reason Aldo quit was that it's an all-consuming gig. Celine can't possibly handle all that and her own job. She has to delegate. 3 Quote
angelil78 Posted April 30, 2017 at 02:23 PM Posted April 30, 2017 at 02:23 PM Hmm. So let's honor the new era. To Celine, superwoman! Manager and Legend! May she be able to handle it all! ( it's a bit scary to me) What's scary to me is that now she will have to bark orders to people that she's usually nice to. If someone that has always been nice suddenly starts bossing people around, that might come of very bitchy and I'm afraid that people she has been working with for a long time will find her being a *CENSORED* or too bossy. She has always had people doing that for her before. But now Céline is more vulnerable, even when Aldo was there. But I can't see her being a *CENSORED* to others, never Well, let's start with the fact that he probably doesn't have to work a day in his life! Meh. Conjecture. The 50 min inside segment was an opinion piece. Merely states what we already know - that Celine has been making a lot more of the decisions surrounding her career and is taking charge. Nowhere does she say she's not going to hire someone else. Let's not forget the reason Aldo quit was that it's an all-consuming gig. Celine can't possibly handle all that and her own job. She has to delegate. LOL yeah he will never have to work in his life. But maybe he has ambition to do something when he's grown up. I can see him play ice hockey and do some showbiz stuff.. what ever that might be. Ok thanx for that (The 50min thing). Yeah I can't see her not having a manager. I was reading on what a manager does and no way! It's way to complicated and needs a lot of work Quote
Celine-Express Posted April 30, 2017 at 06:18 PM Posted April 30, 2017 at 06:18 PM Celine without manager according to 50Min Inside.. Hmm I doubt about it.. Did Celine can take ALONE this role about all requests on booking, contracts (If it's the role of manager? ) Isn't too big, due to all responsability, isn't too much for Celine? :mellow: responsibility 1 Quote Encore un soir..Encore une heure..Encore une larme de bonheur..Un soir..
stevo Posted May 1, 2017 at 09:40 AM Posted May 1, 2017 at 09:40 AM This topic makes me laugh now. Do you think Céline will be booking flights and hotels!? She has a team of people, lots of people who she's had around her for many years. There might not be a 'manager' but that doesn't mean she's phoning up to give her electricity and gas readings to the energy company. 6 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.