couldawouldashoulda Posted December 8, 2020 at 01:02 PM Posted December 8, 2020 at 01:02 PM I have asked this question before and alot of people became very angry at me but I do sometimes wonder how much interest there will be in the unreleased stuff once she dies. Let's assume she dies in her 80s or 90s, I for ex weill be in my late 50's or late 60's just based off a rough estimation. I'm not sure how many of us will be rushing out there to buy those things and there is no guarantee the next generation will be into her music. Now I'd love to believe Celine's music will resonate with younger generations for many years to come but there is no certainty so I personally have never understood why they would keep it for later on. Unreleased music ok I understand but to continuously film and never release it makes no sense in my mind. That's why I am still convinced she shelves much of these projects due to her not liking the outcome. Quite frankly I am thankful she had Aldo atleast we used to get some footage when he was around. I am still shocked she gave the ok to broadcast the Asia tour in 2018. I don’t think they’ll wait until she’s dead to release this stuff. Rather, I think they’re waiting until she can no longer tour like a beast as she’s currently doing. When she can’t do a 110 city world tour or perform in Vegas 70 nights a year while doing 30 night summer tours. Since she won’t be performing live, they can release all of these unreleased tours then to make up for the lost income. OR they don’t want to release more live performances now because they’re afraid it will stop people from buying tickets to see her live (which is ridiculously expensive.) So, again, they’ll wait until she’s older and release stuff from the vault then. Quote
Chantemoi Posted December 8, 2020 at 08:26 PM Posted December 8, 2020 at 08:26 PM They would already be fine. Why would waiting make more sense than releasing them now when she is still super popular and then just passing that money off to them? True. And if she is still popular enough to warrant publishing unreleased material at the time of her death, then won’t the real money be from the royalties of her hit songs? As far as what gets released and when, I also think it’s dumb that we have umpteen versions of the hits, but the 1-2 tours where she DID sing some deep cuts and fan faves are not available to us... if a “casual” fan wants to hear MHWGO or TPOL there are many better versions than the newer ones. 2 Quote
Kristinaz Posted December 13, 2020 at 01:19 AM Posted December 13, 2020 at 01:19 AM They were also intending to broadcast the first Paris show this year. Hopefully they go ahead with those plans whenever they will be able to. Well if we get something like that I won't mind. I have stated my main issue with Celine's team. I get she doesn't want to go as full on as she once was that's fine she's been in the business a long time and I don't expect her to go as full on as she did in her 20s or 30s or even 40s. I understand there are fans who won't agree with me on this but for me personally I want her shows filmed sorry not sorry. The first time I ever wanted to see Celine live I couldn't because my family didn't have the money then we couldn't afford it and back then not alot of people were uploading videos to youtube.( I was lucky though because back then she still released dvd.) And quite frankly even if they were for me I don't want a bootleg video. It's not the same. I did not spend 4 years night after night doing updates with the Vegas shows to lie and say oh yes a fan made dvd is the same as a professionally filmed dvd. It isn't period no matter which way you spin it. And I respect some fans don't mind it and I also appreciate those who have put so much work into these fan dvds. But this is just my personal choice. Or atleast you know what you don't want to release one then don't bother filming it just to shelve it. I have become increasingly frustrated with just how many artists do that lately. It truly boggles my mind. Shania did the exact same thing twice. While I understand she prob has put some material to the side for release in later years I don't get what's so hard with giving us something once in a while because I truly feel nowadays we get nothing when she's on tour or doing shows. I would love even something like Access Ilimite or Un an avec Celine it gives us something and also keeps some extra footage to the side for future years. That's basically why I said while things were not perfect I really preferred when Aldo was in charge. 5 Quote
scielle Posted June 2, 2021 at 10:47 PM Posted June 2, 2021 at 10:47 PM Remember this?https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/gilles-ste-croix-joins-celine-dions-team-595783351.html I wonder if any real conversations happened here beyond a handshake and a press release... 1 Quote
Ajax Posted June 2, 2021 at 11:08 PM Posted June 2, 2021 at 11:08 PM So at the end it never happened ? Quote
scielle Posted June 2, 2021 at 11:18 PM Posted June 2, 2021 at 11:18 PM So at the end it never happened ? Well clearly nothing came to fruition. My guess is he was brought in by Aldo (the Cirque connection), and with Aldo out, so was Gilles. Quote
Ajax Posted June 2, 2021 at 11:22 PM Posted June 2, 2021 at 11:22 PM That was my guess too. It sounded interesting though. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 27, 2023 at 02:54 AM Posted November 27, 2023 at 02:54 AM (edited) Before I thought there something going on with Aldo and Celine that’s why he resigned the fact that celine was in her depressed era that time and Aldo was there as a manager and Celine were used to having a manager beside her always. I think the resignation is indeed personal because maybe something happened. A kiss? Accidentally, he sees rene in him lol i mean, it looks like everything is in order then suddenly. He resigned. Edited November 27, 2023 at 02:56 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
incognito Posted November 27, 2023 at 03:00 AM Posted November 27, 2023 at 03:00 AM He was likely fired. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 27, 2023 at 07:31 AM Posted November 27, 2023 at 07:31 AM I think Aldo did something shady with the Prinz deal. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
mirage Posted November 27, 2023 at 08:14 AM Posted November 27, 2023 at 08:14 AM She needed to work. Guess that's why he got fired. When he was in charge she was like everywhere. So many interviews, shows about celine, red carpets, show up at awards shows singing or presenting, her bag collection, recording a Christmas song, Instagram posts, live feeds etc etc. His goal was always to keep her in the public eye. And he did.Would love to know what had happened if he was still around. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 27, 2023 at 09:25 AM Posted November 27, 2023 at 09:25 AM (edited) She needed to work. Guess that's why he got fired. When he was in charge she was like everywhere. So many interviews, shows about celine, red carpets, show up at awards shows singing or presenting, her bag collection, recording a Christmas song, Instagram posts, live feeds etc etc. His goal was always to keep her in the public eye. And he did.Would love to know what had happened if he was still around. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Then, he did a great job as a manager. I like that as well being her out in public instead of locking herself only in her residency show. As she said before that she can’t do what she usually does in the 90s being in public because Vegas took that away from her. The residency show. Still amazed doing shows 5 nights a week for 3 or 5 years Edited November 27, 2023 at 09:26 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.