Javito Posted July 17, 2013 at 07:34 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 07:34 AM Haha, I loved MHWGO the first million times I heard it. I mean that quite literally But eventually it gets old. I remember I first heard it on the VH1 special when LTAL was first released . . in Nov. 97, before Titanic came out, and before I even had the LTAL album. They played MHWGO, but all the music was to a montage of images from the movie (it wasn't the video w/images of Celine singing - it was just movie images). I thought it was the most beautiful and intense experience and watched my tape of that show over and over. . . and in the next few months, all the radio stations were playing about a million remixes with dialogue mixed in . . I couldn't get enough of it, taped every single remix off the radio (I have a cassette tape somehwere with like 11 different versions of MHWGO). and got to the point where I could even breathe with Celine when I sang along because I'd heard it so many times. But now it's just like a piece of gum that's been way chewed out . .it's an amazing song, but there's just no flavor left in it anymore. But that's basically what's happened to mostly all the other hits she's been singing tirelessly since then, read TPOL, BYLM, IACBTMN, LCMM, RDMH etc. I don't feel the magic in those songs anymore, she has wore them out to death And what they've done wrong to wear these songs out till boredom? Now for instance its coming Les Plaines concert. And what songs they can't f*****g get rid of? Of course, these ones. Even if its a FRENCH concert :pinch: 4 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Davey84 Posted July 17, 2013 at 08:56 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 08:56 AM (edited) I dunno what to believe in this thread! Refused to Dance, the Unison album, her biggest hits! To each his own, but it makes you wonder!! My top 3 least favourite songs would be: 1 I hate you then I love you. (never cared for this bombastic duet with Pavarotti and never will)2 Tire A L'aiguille (weird weird song )3 Unfinished songs (it lacks everything: good production, enthousiastic vocals, good lyrics, a big BIG let down!) Edited July 17, 2013 at 09:11 AM by Davey84 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Popular Post Javito Posted July 17, 2013 at 09:03 AM Popular Post Posted July 17, 2013 at 09:03 AM I'm also flipping out with Refuse To Dance Men!! that song is a gem at the top in her repertoire! And I that cherish that unique TCOML concert performance as a visual treasure in her career, one of the few choreographed performances she has ever made, but here is classified as one of her "worst" songs?!?!?!?! 8 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Davey84 Posted July 17, 2013 at 09:10 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 09:10 AM Yeah I don't get it either! It's not like it's a song that is totally out there! It has Always been a favourite of mine, from TCOML, also with Just Walk Away, which is awesome IMO. And about MHWGO. It is not a song I would play regularly, but every now and then the song can still give me the chills like it has in the 90's. I suggest people who are tired if it, play the soundtrack version instead for a change http://youtu.be/I3Ay4-zGlB0 Of course I agree with the song, sung to death during the concerts, but still it is not like I hate the studio versions of them 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
DionFanAlways Posted July 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM Yes, this topic is about least favorites right? So, I don't hate MHWGO but like chocolatechip says, "it's lost its flavor!" I love Refuse to Dance, haunting melody! Listen to it in my car! 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Bell Posted July 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM It's the best movie song everI don't mean to be rude but it's just your opinion. I've heard better movie songs. in this case the orginal is the best I feel like this is the case with many of Celine's covers. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Popular Post garçon Posted July 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM Popular Post Posted July 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM To me personally, Just Walk Away is like the essence of the 90's, even though it's not a widely known track. A big song for a big voice (and it's tacky enough). I feel like there's something wrong with me LOLAM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE JUST WALK AWAY??? If so, I will seriously consider to revisit the song.. pay some new attention to it, figure out what some of you mean by saying this is one of the definite songs of TCOL... so, if this post gets at least 10 'likes' I will give myself some homework! 9 Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:00 PM Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:00 PM I feel like there's something wrong with me LOLAM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE JUST WALK AWAY??? If so, I will seriously consider to revisit the song.. pay some new attention to it, figure out what some of you mean by saying this is one of the definite songs of TCOL... so, if this post gets at least 10 'likes' I will give myself some homework! Guess you're in a minority here. There's something special about this song, you should figure it out for yourself. By the way, only 9 likes to go. 2 Quote
Yangedd Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:22 PM Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:22 PM Guess you're in a minority here. There's something special about this song, you should figure it out for yourself. By the way, only 9 likes to go. That song rocks. It's deep, emotional and sung with power. 3 Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
emiliejolie Posted July 17, 2013 at 02:08 PM Posted July 17, 2013 at 02:08 PM (edited) Wouhhh my list would be too long !! Let's say that the worst are the one that are not her style and you feel that she is not into the song. I sometimes feel she sings a song and then music producers say " what king of music do we stick to the lyrics ? Rock? Rnb? latino ?" One song that makes me laugh is Treat her like a lady. It's so horrible. One heart album is . I listened it when i bought it. Never again. The same with Miracle. In fact I love Céline voice but not the songs she sings. Edited July 17, 2013 at 02:11 PM by emiliejolie Quote
gafsa Posted July 17, 2013 at 08:02 PM Posted July 17, 2013 at 08:02 PM Wouhhh my list would be too long !! Let's say that the worst are the one that are not her style and you feel that she is not into the song. I sometimes feel she sings a song and then music producers say " what king of music do we stick to the lyrics ? Rock? Rnb? latino ?" One song that makes me laugh is Treat her like a lady. It's so horrible. One heart album is . I listened it when i bought it. Never again. The same with Miracle. In fact I love Céline voice but not the songs she sings. Well it is kinda funny coz the reason i bought "Let's Talk About Love" album is because THLAL. Back in those days the radio station play that song heavily before my heart will go on come out. And i never really like MHWGO but i don't hate it. It is the first album i bought anyway. After that i bought falling into you, now i have all her english album. Quote
Jamieb12321 Posted July 17, 2013 at 08:49 PM Posted July 17, 2013 at 08:49 PM My heart will go on for sure..... Way over played Quote
fikus1 Posted July 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM Posted July 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM Jours de fievre, Love by another name & Tire A L'aiguille Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM In my opinion MTGBIS is the opposite of quality, to me its a mediocre album filler.I actually LOOOOOVE "Miles to go..." I think the orchestration is beautiful, it's got a nice mood and I love Corey Hart's lyrics. I think he's a very good writer. I would have loved Celine to have done this song in an acoustic setting with her back up singers and a few instruments all just sitting on stools and jamming out with it. I love the bridge "I wont run from the changing signs along the highway, let the rivers flow to the highest ground created..." GAH!! I just love it. The only song i really hate is The power of love. I hated it so much when it came out that i've had with all that was English 's Celine in the beginning. It is the symbol (for me)of all that can go wrong with Celine, Overstated emotion, lack of sophistication and nuances in her singing, the lyrics who are litteraly dripping with sirup(not maple sirup,the good kind). It seems so tiring to sing that i feel bad for her when she sings it( it is when i make the effort to listen to it).I'm almost afraid for her life. And she never sings it live live anyway, why bother. In resumé, it scremed false to me since the beginning.I actually use Celine's version to set the equalizer on my stereo lol. I think the production is genius, her vocals OUTSTANDING and CRYSTAL clear...I just love it. Ok here I go...Songs I HATE!!My Heart Will Go On-I hate this song with a passion. I HATE IT SO BAD!!! Ugh this song along with Mariah's My All makes me want to just___ugh! One sort of intelligent reason I will give you for my hatred of this horrible, putrid, played out, terribly nausiating song is it is just too schmultzy or overlovy dovey crap that does not suit Celine's voice at all. It's just terrible. Songs I dislike;I know what love is Je'Taime Encore-English and in French. What a bland songSome of the early stuff she did when she was like 13 to 16 yrs.Most of the Falling Into You album(except IACBTMN,BYLM,YL,RDMH).UsOne Heart(song) Songs that I am iffy or weak on would be;If I Were YouCoulda Shoulda Woulda And that's all I can think of right now. HOW COULD YOU HATE "US"?!?!?! Probably the best vocal point on the LTAL album. So raw..and fantastic. Je t'aime encore too?? I love how subdued it is. And it's a song that's actually telling a story. I love how it's written like a love letter. I prefer the English version over the French. What a different a voice can maKe: Celine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_322Ura5xE (It's a OK performance) Jennifer Rush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2EdEGitZA (Her voice fits the song so perfectly) Jennifer Rush's voice actually grates on my nerves. WAY too much vibratto and it's way to airy and sounds a bit hollow to me. It also doesn't help that you didn't choose Celine's best performance of this song to prove your point either. You could have used this one from the Jackson Family Honors which is rather amazing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfiXcp8JG4 Or this one from "David Foster and Friends" in 1994 which was IMPECCABLEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E7fgpcirCc Anyway, my least favorite song, and I can't believe I'm the first to mention it is "Let Your Heart Decide"...it sounds like the lyrics were taken from a word search puzzle. "Oh these words all sound okay together, let's just use them. "How am I gonna stop it if you wanna give it all to love?" What is this "it" that is being given to love and needs to be stopped? it makes NO SENSE and there are too many syllables for the chorus...makes my skin crawl. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Prima_Donna1 Posted July 18, 2013 at 01:05 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 01:05 AM (edited) I actually LOOOOOVE "Miles to go..." I think the orchestration is beautiful, it's got a nice mood and I love Corey Hart's lyrics. I think he's a very good writer. I would have loved Celine to have done this song in an acoustic setting with her back up singers and a few instruments all just sitting on stools and jamming out with it. I love the bridge "I wont run from the changing signs along the highway, let the rivers flow to the highest ground created..." GAH!! I just love it. I actually use Celine's version to set the equalizer on my stereo lol. I think the production is genius, her vocals OUTSTANDING and CRYSTAL clear...I just love it. HOW COULD YOU HATE "US"?!?!?! Probably the best vocal point on the LTAL album. So raw..and fantastic. Je t'aime encore too?? I love how subdued it is. And it's a song that's actually telling a story. I love how it's written like a love letter. I prefer the English version over the French. Jennifer Rush's voice actually grates on my nerves. WAY too much vibratto and it's way to airy and sounds a bit hollow to me. It also doesn't help that you didn't choose Celine's best performance of this song to prove your point either. You could have used this one from the Jackson Family Honors which is rather amazing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfiXcp8JG4 Or this one from "David Foster and Friends" in 1994 which was IMPECCABLEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E7fgpcirCc Anyway, my least favorite song, and I can't believe I'm the first to mention it is "Let Your Heart Decide"...it sounds like the lyrics were taken from a word search puzzle. "Oh these words all sound okay together, let's just use them. "How am I gonna stop it if you wanna give it all to love?" What is this "it" that is being given to love and needs to be stopped? it makes NO SENSE and there are too many syllables for the chorus...makes my skin crawl. I don't like Je t'aime encore because it is boring to me. I have don't have appeal for the song at all. Us-well to be honest maybe I don't necessarily dislike it but it's just one of those songs that do not appeal to me and I skip on the cd. I do agree with you on her voice on the song tho. Edited July 18, 2013 at 01:06 AM by Prima_Donna1 1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Neddo Posted July 18, 2013 at 08:21 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 08:21 AM Let you heart decide is so different to any Celine song, it doesn't fit any other Celine albums! Melodically it simply isn't similiar to any other Celine song. Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 18, 2013 at 08:23 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 08:23 AM Let you heart decide is so different to any Celine song, it doesn't fit any other Celine albums! Melodically it simply isn't similiar to any other Celine song. It's horrendous...but I do love "Tous les secrets" 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Bell Posted July 18, 2013 at 08:41 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 08:41 AM (edited) I feel like there's something wrong with me LOLAM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES NOT LIKE JUST WALK AWAY??? Nothing wrong with you, I guess the song could grow on you in time, you just probably have to give it a chance. I've had songs that I've initially rejected but then, at some point, I start to appreciate them. Like... 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' (I've heard a few different versions but I really love Celine's). The first time I heard it, I found it somewhat boring. So I kept on skipping it for quite a long time. But then, one day, I really listened to it and finally felt it. Now it's among my favourites. As for 'Just Walk Away', it was a love at first sight for me. I actually LOOOOOVE "Miles to go..." Me too. HOW COULD YOU HATE "US"?!?!?! Probably the best vocal point on the LTAL album. So raw..and fantastic. Je t'aime encore too?? I love how subdued it is. And it's a song that's actually telling a story. I love how it's written like a love letter. I agree with you about both songs. Anyway, my least favorite song, and I can't believe I'm the first to mention it is "Let Your Heart Decide"Ah, I forgot about this one! Not crazy about it for sure! Edited July 18, 2013 at 08:43 AM by Bell 1 Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Javito Posted July 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM Oh, how could I forget about "When I Fall In Love"? Most boring song ever, it's like "A Song For You" sister. It should be retitled "When I Fall Asleep" Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
donpi86 Posted July 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM Oh, how could I forget about "When I Fall In Love"? Most boring song ever, it's like "A Song For You" sister. It should be retitled "When I Fall Asleep" You are sooo romantic Javito... 2 Quote
Javito Posted July 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM Posted July 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM (edited) I am and love romantic songs (who could be a Celine Dion fan if not romantic?), but I am not cheesy, let alone boring to be enticed by such songs. There's a difference between slow songs and extremely boring, and slow songs but brilliant compositions, for example, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face :in_love: . That's totally an example of how you can do a very slow song but still do a masterpiece of it. Just the opposite of WIFIL WIFL is boring to death, flavorless, graceless, insipid........ Yes, I won't deny the song can work for a date while you're dining with your girl/boy, under the light of the moon and the candles, but that's it, it's not the kind of song I feel like listening on repeat all the time or that leaves you wanting more, like happens with a sticky That's The Way It Is or I'm Alive. Also, that guy in the duet of this song just makes me feel sleepy, it's not only Céline's fault Just my two cents of course! Edited July 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM by Javito 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
DionFanAlways Posted July 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM Posted July 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM They are all made by the same matrix, you know the same theme with the same words repeated from one song to onother, such as heart, love, love and love, touch, arms, kiss, I'am yours, hold me, we will make it trough the night, we gonna see the light, take me in your arms,... Lol! I know I'm taking this out of context but this is 98% of her repertoire! Just made laugh! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
garçon Posted July 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM Posted July 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM Nothing wrong with you, I guess the song could grow on you in time, you just probably have to give it a chance. I've had songs that I've initially rejected but then, at some point, I start to appreciate them. Like... 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' (I've heard a few different versions but I really love Celine's). The first time I heard it, I found it somewhat boring. So I kept on skipping it for quite a long time. But then, one day, I really listened to it and finally felt it. Now it's among my favourites. As for 'Just Walk Away', it was a love at first sight for me. Hmm.. only few likes to go before I'll start scrutinizing for appreciation BTW: Her rendition - and David Foster's production- of The First Time is among my very favorite Celine songs. The modulation is brilliant. The whole song is so full of concentration... sung really really well. 3 Quote
Chin Posted July 18, 2013 at 07:49 PM Posted July 18, 2013 at 07:49 PM I actually don't like "J'irai où tu iras" much... but it's one of the songs that Celine often performs Quote
Bell Posted July 19, 2013 at 05:42 AM Posted July 19, 2013 at 05:42 AM Oh, how could I forget about "When I Fall In Love"? I don't like it much, either. I prefer Nat King Cole's version. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
PuraVida Posted July 19, 2013 at 08:18 AM Posted July 19, 2013 at 08:18 AM In order of most despised.... 1. Love Can Move Mountains (this song couldn't move a pebble)2. I Drove All Night (this song drives itself into the ground for eternity)3. My Heart Will Go On (a musical cardiac arrest) Seriously, LCMM should never have been sung passed 1995...1996 was pushing it. 3 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM Posted July 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM 1. Love Can Move Mountains (this song couldn't move a pebble)Seriously, LCMM should never have been sung passed 1995...1996 was pushing it. Too funny! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Daysleeper Posted July 19, 2013 at 01:07 PM Posted July 19, 2013 at 01:07 PM I'm so surprised that many people don't like "Refuse To Dance". It's a great track. It has this mystic element and it's sensual. It stands out from most of her tracks and it has the most progressive sound from that period. My least favorite songs: Why Oh Why - I disliked it from the first momentForget Me Not - The same as above. I listened it maybe 3 times maximum.Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable) - Bad experimentSuper Love I also don't like "I'm Loving Every Moment With You", but I stand it more than 4 songs from above. I could mention some others like "I Hate You Then I Love You", but then my list would be longer, so I stick on these few. 2 Quote
lllBeautifulll Posted July 19, 2013 at 01:23 PM Posted July 19, 2013 at 01:23 PM I hate almost all her songs before Incognito: religious themes, and too nasal. Not found of duets: not because of the voice, but the songs are cheesy or boring. I loooove Celine voice, but a lot of her songs (even the recent ones like Unfinished song) have an outdated style/vibe. 2 Quote
LooneyLindz Posted July 20, 2013 at 01:04 AM Posted July 20, 2013 at 01:04 AM Lol! I know I'm taking this out of context but this is 98% of her repertoire! Just made laugh! My thoughts exactly! Hell, this is 75% of ALL SONGS EVER! LOL. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.