québecflower Posted July 16, 2013 at 07:12 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 07:12 PM i finf it better that the real one...The moment she drinks the bacon juice in the frying pan Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Bell Posted July 16, 2013 at 07:14 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 07:14 PM (edited) Wow! You guys actually mentioned a few of my most favourite songs (once again it proves it's all a matter of taste). Anyway... I don't know about least favourite Celine song (except for 'Tire l'aiguille' maybe ) but there are many that I dislike. Like many of her early recordings (pre-Incognito era). Or 'I Hate You Then I Love You', for example. Or the overplayed MHWGO. You see there are many. But the ones I love are much more, of course! Edited July 16, 2013 at 07:14 PM by Bell 1 Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Popular Post takeachance Posted July 16, 2013 at 07:57 PM Popular Post Posted July 16, 2013 at 07:57 PM (edited) People are naming some of my favourite songs ever, I think I cant read this thread anymore, its too much for my brain to handle.... Edited July 16, 2013 at 07:57 PM by takeachance 11 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
Prima_Donna1 Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:17 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:17 PM (edited) Ok here I go...Songs I HATE!!My Heart Will Go On-I hate this song with a passion. I HATE IT SO BAD!!! Ugh this song along with Mariah's My All makes me want to just___ugh! One sort of intelligent reason I will give you for my hatred of this horrible, putrid, played out, terribly nausiating song is it is just too schmultzy or overlovy dovey crap that does not suit Celine's voice at all. It's just terrible. Songs I dislike;I know what love is Je'Taime Encore-English and in French. What a bland songSome of the early stuff she did when she was like 13 to 16 yrs.Most of the Falling Into You album(except IACBTMN,BYLM,YL,RDMH).UsOne Heart(song) Songs that I am iffy or weak on would be;If I Were YouCoulda Shoulda Woulda And that's all I can think of right now. Edited July 16, 2013 at 08:18 PM by Prima_Donna1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Javito Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:20 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:20 PM Yes, in my case I'm shocked to see Coulda Woulda Shoulda in this list Well if that's one of hear worst songs, I don't know where to put the most recent "Unfinished Songs" Because to me CWS and Unfinished Songs would be like IACBTMN to Right Next To The Right One, for example 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
R.d Phillips Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:43 PM Author Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:43 PM If i have to named one song it would be "Loce Can Move Mountain". I never like that song from the very first time i heard it. I try to give it a chance coz Celine always sing it at her show but until now after 16 years i still don't like it. If I had To pick a song that would be mine as well, I feel kinda the same way about River Deep Mountain High but I prefer it over Love Can Move Mountains. Quote http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/0225/20090225_100519_00030541_H6124821_200.jpg
Leanne Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:49 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:49 PM (edited) I wonder sometimes why people are saying My heart will go on. I think it's a very beautiful song if you listen not to much to it. But I wonder, if MHWGO was not become a number 1 hit at all, just a song on a album, if fans were still hating it so much as they do now. Is it because Celine sings it every night and playing on the radio so much? Because I think you can't say it's really a bad song. (Then I wouldn't have become so far and long as a number 1 hit) And I think many people who are saying now they hate MHWGO, I can't believe they are hating it already in 1997/1998. The first time I heard it I think it was very beautiful, now I'm not a big fan of it anymore but it will be always one of the songs why I bought my very first Celine album. And I think many people got to know Celine at the same way as me. I don't like Refuse to dance.. I didn't like it the very first time I heard it, and still not. Weird melody, weird music.And I don't like I hate you then I love you. Just because I don't like (I'm sorry) Pavarotti's voice. Edited July 16, 2013 at 08:53 PM by Leanne 1 Quote
R.d Phillips Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:56 PM Author Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:56 PM I love Celine Very much but can we all agree on one thing? the songs that where wrote to be huge hits for celine, gets lost in translation, as one of the post above said celine has to put on a "fake" American accent in order to sing these songs, not that they aren't great, but celines French Canadian how do you expect her to sing all these songs, the emotion gets dragged out of the song in translation, What I still do not understand is there are so many great songs that are rarely played on the radio and some never even performed live, yet many people dislike the title track. Quote http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/0225/20090225_100519_00030541_H6124821_200.jpg
R.d Phillips Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:58 PM Author Posted July 16, 2013 at 08:58 PM Yes, in my case I'm shocked to see Coulda Woulda Shoulda in this list Well if that's one of hear worst songs, I don't know where to put the most recent "Unfinished Songs" Because to me CWS and Unfinished Songs would be like IACBTMN to Right Next To The Right One, for example I don't mind CWS but I don't think it should be on a greatest hits album but its not horrible, Quote http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/0225/20090225_100519_00030541_H6124821_200.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:08 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:08 PM Tire L'aiguille & When I Fall in Love Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
unicorn Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:22 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:22 PM I find it quite striking that I Hate You Then I Love You is such a disliked song by fans.. This duet seems a real core piece of LTAL that attracted much attention because of Pavarotti (of course with Tell Him, some people denounce here too).I never thought of the song as really bad lol. Most songs from Unison are plain dull. I hate Just Walk Away. Never felt the emotion, the melody I always found so tacky. From Taking Chances many songs I never cared for like: A Song for You, That's Just The Woman in Me and especially This Time (blleeeeeh). btw:After the Grammy performance, the studio recording of Dance With My Father was such a disappointment. U dont like Just walk away?!!!!Her best song.I loove this song very much.Beautiful melody, lyrics and great production.On of the greatest melody of all time.I don`t like Rain, tax, If I weer you and Regarde moi, to much.they are fillers.And maybe Nture boy.It`s boring. Quote Visit My Website
comingback Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:24 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:24 PM What a different a voice can maKe: Celine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_322Ura5xE (It's a OK performance) Jennifer Rush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2EdEGitZA (Her voice fits the song so perfectly) Quote
takeachance Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:29 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:29 PM OMG, im outa this thread!!! its gotten too much now , I shall never to return!!! Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
Bóól'át'í Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:45 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:45 PM What a different a voice can maKe: Celine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_322Ura5xE (It's a OK performance) Jennifer Rush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2EdEGitZA (Her voice fits the song so perfectly) Naah, I still prefer Celine's to Jennifer's. Quote
CelineDionForeverNY Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:47 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:47 PM (edited) So many of my favorites are being tossed in there... Least favorite song: If That's What It Takes. Edited July 16, 2013 at 09:48 PM by CelineDionForeverNY Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
québecflower Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:53 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:53 PM What a different a voice can maKe: Celine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_322Ura5xE (It's a OK performance) Jennifer Rush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2EdEGitZA (Her voice fits the song so perfectly) the first puts me on edge and the second one to sleep, There was a lot of drugs in the eighties, what a f***** -up video.. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Jeff Abbott Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:59 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 09:59 PM (edited) I totally respect other people's opinions, but reading that JWA appeared in this topic makes ma a bit Edited July 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM by Jeff Abbott 4 Quote
gafsa Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM (edited) I wonder sometimes why people are saying My heart will go on. I think it's a very beautiful song if you listen not to much to it. But I wonder, if MHWGO was not become a number 1 hit at all, just a song on a album, if fans were still hating it so much as they do now. Is it because Celine sings it every night and playing on the radio so much? Because I think you can't say it's really a bad song. (Then I wouldn't have become so far and long as a number 1 hit) And I think many people who are saying now they hate MHWGO, I can't believe they are hating it already in 1997/1998. The first time I heard it I think it was very beautiful, now I'm not a big fan of it anymore but it will be always one of the songs why I bought my very first Celine album. And I think many people got to know Celine at the same way as me. I don't like Refuse to dance.. I didn't like it the very first time I heard it, and still not. Weird melody, weird music.And I don't like I hate you then I love you. Just because I don't like (I'm sorry) Pavarotti's voice. I agree. It's not fair to say it's a bad song just because it's overplayed or oversung, it's like hating the 20 years old song because you think it was outdated. Of course it would be outdated. Even Rihana's song i.e would be outdated 20 years later. Btw i feel so old when i think about that TPOL is the first song that makes me like Celine. Edited July 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM by gafsa Quote
garçon Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM U dont like Just walk away?!!!!Her best song.I loove this song very much.Beautiful melody, lyrics and great production.On of the greatest melody of all time.I don`t like Rain, tax, If I weer you and Regarde moi, to much.they are fillers.And maybe Nture boy.It`s boring.I totally respect other people's opinions, but reading that JWA appeared in this topic makes ma a bit Yeah.. I really hate the song.hahahaso funny to read these responds. Never liked it; not in the 90's.. not now.. I find it tacky - completely implausible. Am I the only one who doesn't like the song? BTW: I find it really odd some fans don't like her rendition of TPOL lol Quote
boyblackuk Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM I dislike My heart will go on but I really really HATE Love Can Move Mountains, i like or love everything else. Quote
Jeff Abbott Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM Yeah.. I really hate the song.hahahaso funny to read these responds.Never liked it; not in the 90's.. not now.. I find it tacky - completely implausible.Am I the only one who doesn't like the song? BTW: I find it really odd some fans don't like her rendition of TPOL lolTo me personally, Just Walk Away is like the essence of the 90's, even though it's not a widely known track. A big song for a big voice (and it's tacky enough). 1 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted July 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM Posted July 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM (edited) I agree. It's not fair to say it's a bad song just because it's overplayed or oversung, it's like hating the 20 years old song because you think it was outdated. Of course it would be outdated. Even Rihana's song i.e would be outdated 20 years later. Btw i feel so old when i think about that TPOL is the first song that makes me like Celine.If he/she is saying that is why people here don't like MHWGO then that is totally not true. True it is stupid to dislike the song because it is overplayed but many people may dislike it for that reason because it wasn't a good song to begin with. I heard MHWGO in November of 1997 at a local radio station. When I first heard it I was not feeling it at all and this was a month or two before the Titanic came out. The song didn't start to blow up until early 1998. So therefore I never liked the song in the first place. I agree its stupid to dislike a song that is 20 yrs older however that also depends on the person. I, being a huge fan of the rock bands Chicago, Journey, and Toto can tell you that I like many songs way past twenty years, or even forty five years. But I have said I could not listen to anything past 1965 because it's just too old for me and the music back then sounds too different and it is just what I don't like or not what I am used to. So if someone doesn't like any music past twenty years is on them because it's a matter of taste. Yeah LCMM should be retired. Edited July 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM by Prima_Donna1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
chocolatechip15 Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:07 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:07 AM I'm with those who don't like Refuse to Dance . .I just really dislike the sound of it. I'm not a fan of most of the Taking Chances album (don't like the rockier sound; don't think her voice sounded great, though some of the songs are ok). But my definite least favorite album is Dion Chante Plamondon . . . I do like Quelqu'un Que J'Aime, Quel'qun Qui M'Aime, and L'Amour Existe Encore is ok because I like its message and the emotion Celine has put into it in live performance . but it has virtually no melody. The rest of the album . .to me, has pretty much no melody (same sounds over and over again); I don't care for the sound of it . .and the songs (to me) all seem like random lyrics trying to be meaningful but having no effect (Nothing like JJG's poetry). And, for the most part, they have nothing to do with Celine . .I always think she sounds best in songs that are personally meaningfully to her, or that she can at least live in and imagine . . .and I don't think that's true of most of this album. And I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I especially dislike Le Blues du Businessman. I know it's a difficult song to sing, and Celine pulls it off in a technically amazing way. . but again, I find very little melody - I just don't enjoy listening to the sound of it -- and I can't stand the lyrics. So absurdly simplistic . . no nuance whatsoever. And I just get this sense of pretentiousness and superiority (not from Celine, but from Plamondon in the lyrics) . .that he feels superior to these businessmen because he did in fact pursue the artistic life. (Maybe that's not fair since I know basically nothing about Luc Plamondon, but I find this song soooo irritating). Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:10 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:10 AM I loved MHWGO when I first heard it, couldn't get enough of it! Now................ Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:43 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:43 AM I'm with those who don't like Refuse to Dance . .I just really dislike the sound of it. I'm not a fan of most of the Taking Chances album (don't like the rockier sound; don't think her voice sounded great, though some of the songs are ok). But my definite least favorite album is Dion Chante Plamondon . . . I do like Quelqu'un Que J'Aime, Quel'qun Qui M'Aime, and L'Amour Existe Encore is ok because I like its message and the emotion Celine has put into it in live performance . but it has virtually no melody. The rest of the album . .to me, has pretty much no melody (same sounds over and over again); I don't care for the sound of it . .and the songs (to me) all seem like random lyrics trying to be meaningful but having no effect (Nothing like JJG's poetry). And, for the most part, they have nothing to do with Celine . .I always think she sounds best in songs that are personally meaningfully to her, or that she can at least live in and imagine . . .and I don't think that's true of most of this album. And I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I especially dislike Le Blues du Businessman. I know it's a difficult song to sing, and Celine pulls it off in a technically amazing way. . but again, I find very little melody - I just don't enjoy listening to the sound of it -- and I can't stand the lyrics. So absurdly simplistic . . no nuance whatsoever. And I just get this sense of pretentiousness and superiority (not from Celine, but from Plamondon in the lyrics) . .that he feels superior to these businessmen because he did in fact pursue the artistic life. (Maybe that's not fair since I know basically nothing about Luc Plamondon, but I find this song soooo irritating). i am with you about that. Artists who thinks they are superiors to "common"people irritate me to the highest . And the contrary can be true. Everybody has a different mission in life. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
québecflower Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:44 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 01:44 AM I loved MHWGO when I first heard it, couldn't get enough of it! Now................ i like to watch the oscar performance ... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
chocolatechip15 Posted July 17, 2013 at 02:49 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 02:49 AM I loved MHWGO when I first heard it, couldn't get enough of it! Now................ Haha, I loved MHWGO the first million times I heard it. I mean that quite literally But eventually it gets old. I remember I first heard it on the VH1 special when LTAL was first released . . in Nov. 97, before Titanic came out, and before I even had the LTAL album. They played MHWGO, but all the music was to a montage of images from the movie (it wasn't the video w/images of Celine singing - it was just movie images). I thought it was the most beautiful and intense experience and watched my tape of that show over and over. . . and in the next few months, all the radio stations were playing about a million remixes with dialogue mixed in . . I couldn't get enough of it, taped every single remix off the radio (I have a cassette tape somehwere with like 11 different versions of MHWGO). and got to the point where I could even breathe with Celine when I sang along because I'd heard it so many times. But now it's just like a piece of gum that's been way chewed out . .it's an amazing song, but there's just no flavor left in it anymore. 2 Quote
Bell Posted July 17, 2013 at 05:05 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 05:05 AM I loved MHWGO when I first heard itNot me. I've never really liked it. Just another (boring) love song. And when it got overplayed, that was it. I almost started hating it. I got tired of it and now I listen to it (a live version, not the studio one) not more than once a year. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
comingback Posted July 17, 2013 at 05:20 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 05:20 AM OMG! How can someone hate MHWGO? It's the best movie song ever and that's the song that brought me to Celine. I get goosebumps everytime i hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYPhHYPmHdY 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 17, 2013 at 06:39 AM Posted July 17, 2013 at 06:39 AM OK, here is a better version of Jennifers The Power of Love (Sorry, She owns this song. Not that i'm a fan of Jennifer, but in this case the orginal is the best). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5boRQcTvnwU Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.