mike_z Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:40 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:40 PM I guess so. The advantage it has over PQTME is, as I said, that the song is available for good, so until the day people aren't constantly buying it as a digital track, it will fall off the chart. Had PQTME been kept available as a physical single longer, it definitely would have logged a lot more weeks on the French chart. Also, it is important to note that the last two weeks PQTME has spent on the chart were due to digital sales, as it did reenter in 2012. The other good news is that ESNRQ at this stage wasn't doing that good! It was already starting to fade away. PAMP is still blossoming! Quote
LuisMa Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:50 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:50 PM Yes indeed. Also, Mike, PQTME isn't Celine's longest-running French single. It's Ziggy (Un Garçon Pas Comme Les Autres) at 36 weeks. Quote
mike_z Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:54 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:54 PM Yes indeed. Also, Mike, PQTME isn't Celine's longest-running French single. It's Ziggy (Un Garçon Pas Comme Les Autres) at 36 weeks. Well, just 10 weeks to go! Of course PAMP only stayed for 1 week at the top 10... but still it's VERY impressive! Quote
LuisMa Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:56 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 04:56 PM I wish the labels hadn't been so manipulative in the 90s so for sure a lot more of Celine records would stand today. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 6, 2013 at 07:35 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 07:35 PM Cuz probably most of the people that listen to this song doesn't even know how to use iTunes.So it's probably a bigger hit than we think.mike_ z, darling....that is hilarious Made me chuckle 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
mike_z Posted January 6, 2013 at 07:49 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 07:49 PM mike_ z, darling....that is hilarious Made me chuckle LOL, it might be funny, but it's a fact. PAMP's video on YouTube: Most popular among: Women aged 45-54 Quote
stone Posted January 6, 2013 at 07:52 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 07:52 PM LOL, it might be funny, but it's a fact. PAMP's video on YouTube: Most popular among: Women aged 45-54 hahaha for some reason, I find this wicked hilarious Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 6, 2013 at 08:14 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 08:14 PM LOL, it might be funny, but it's a fact. PAMP's video on YouTube: Most popular among: Women aged 45-54hahaha for some reason, I find this wicked hilarious Me too! But so true.... Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
mike_z Posted January 6, 2013 at 09:11 PM Posted January 6, 2013 at 09:11 PM Maybe that's the most common age for losing one's dad? Now being serious, most people comment on losing their dads, and not on Céline or how nice the video or song are (which of course they like and help them through the rough time). Quote
dmeredith Posted January 7, 2013 at 04:37 AM Posted January 7, 2013 at 04:37 AM Maybe that's the most common age for losing one's dad? Now being serious, most people comment on losing their dads, and not on Céline or how nice the video or song are (which of course they like and help them through the rough time). Well, my dad is still around and I'm in that age group. My mother is no longer with me tho'. She passed away 6 years ago, and the words to that song do speak volumes to me!! I know how to use iTunes as well!! LOL Quote
mike_z Posted January 7, 2013 at 04:41 AM Posted January 7, 2013 at 04:41 AM Well, my dad is still around and I'm in that age group. My mother is no longer with me tho'. She passed away 6 years ago, and the words to that song do speak volumes to me!! I know how to use iTunes as well!! LOL I'm sorry for your loss... yeah, it speaks to all of us, so much like "Goodbye's (the saddest word)" did 10 years ago when my mom died too. I'm so glad to see how this song touches people that deep (especially for a Veneruso song. Well done!) Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM Posted January 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM Well, my dad is still around and I'm in that age group. My mother is no longer with me tho'. She passed away 6 years ago, and the words to that song do speak volumes to me!! I know how to use iTunes as well!! LOLActually I lost my dad in Dec. of 03. This is a wonderful song but not my favorite. It just made me laugh, in a good way, about his iTunes comment! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LuisMa Posted January 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM Posted January 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM It also has a special meaning to me because of course I'd love to be able to speak to my grandfather (who was like a father to me) who died almost 11 years ago. Then, when I heard it for the first time, I thought about my dad, who I hadn't spoken to in almost 5 years. Then I went back to my country and I wondered what it would be like, and thank God everything was fine, we spoke as if we had never fought, mended our relationship, and now I'm happy I could be able to Parler À Mon Père. 5 Quote
LukeD Posted January 7, 2013 at 02:14 PM Posted January 7, 2013 at 02:14 PM ^ It has the exact same meaning for me. When I listen to this song I think about my grandfather who passed away 7 years ago and was like a father to me. 1 Quote
mike_z Posted January 7, 2013 at 04:13 PM Posted January 7, 2013 at 04:13 PM She should have recorded 2 versions... "Parler A Mon Pere" and "Parler A Ma Mere"... that's the only two words you need to change for the whole song 1 Quote
stone Posted January 7, 2013 at 06:06 PM Posted January 7, 2013 at 06:06 PM Maybe that's the most common age for losing one's dad? Now being serious, most people comment on losing their dads, and not on Céline or how nice the video or song are (which of course they like and help them through the rough time). Didn't think about it in this way, but that does make sense. I lost communication with my biological father since 7 years old, so that's my relation to this song. Team Veneruso! Quote
LukeD Posted January 8, 2013 at 07:35 AM Posted January 8, 2013 at 07:35 AM She should have recorded 2 versions... "Parler A Mon Pere" and "Parler A Ma Mere"... that's the only two words you need to change for the whole song http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.celinedionforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif It'd be freaking tragic, given the fact her mother is still alive. 1 Quote
mike_z Posted January 9, 2013 at 03:22 PM Posted January 9, 2013 at 03:22 PM Well, 10 years ago she was already saying "Goodbye" to her mom, and Therese is quite aware of death, so said Céline! Quote
LuisMa Posted January 9, 2013 at 03:28 PM Posted January 9, 2013 at 03:28 PM (edited) I am grateful that Celine's music has helped me deal with many situations: good and bad. And this song was really an inspiration for me now that I think about having mended my relationship with my father because you never know whether he or me will still be alive tomorrow. And I'm happy the song is doing so great. I mean it even overshadowed "Le Miracle". I wonder if they will still keep promoting it. Edited January 9, 2013 at 03:49 PM by LuisMa Quote
mike_z Posted January 9, 2013 at 04:35 PM Posted January 9, 2013 at 04:35 PM I'm really curious to see if it made it to the TOP 20 again last week! Quote
LuisMa Posted January 9, 2013 at 04:43 PM Posted January 9, 2013 at 04:43 PM I just saw it's really taken a tumble on the iTunes chart, Mike. It's at #72. Quote
mike_z Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:10 PM Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:10 PM that's bad! we still need to find out last week's position! Quote
LuisMa Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:13 PM Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:13 PM (edited) Up to number 60 today, I believe your hopes of it becoming the longest-running Celine single on the French charts are still alive, Mike. Edited January 10, 2013 at 06:13 PM by LuisMa Quote
mike_z Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:53 PM Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:53 PM Yeah!! I'm sure of that! it's the "i-never-want-to-die" song, remember?? Quote
LuisMa Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:55 PM Posted January 10, 2013 at 06:55 PM How can I forget, dear Mike? Quote
mike_z Posted January 11, 2013 at 01:56 PM Posted January 11, 2013 at 01:56 PM "Parler A Mon Pere" is #25 in France (-1). SLAYING!!!! (27th week on the chart) Source: http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/singles.php,p2 Quote
mike_z Posted January 11, 2013 at 04:41 PM Posted January 11, 2013 at 04:41 PM » Parler à mon père Belgium (w): 18 (+1) Quote
LuisMa Posted January 11, 2013 at 06:26 PM Posted January 11, 2013 at 06:26 PM As much as I follow the charts and love to see a hit go to number 1 or 2, in the end it's much better to have a really long-lasting song on the charts even when its peak is not that high, than a song that enters at the top, plummets hard the next week, and disappears quickly and everybody forgets about it quickly. 1 Quote
mike_z Posted January 11, 2013 at 09:23 PM Posted January 11, 2013 at 09:23 PM exactly!!! do you guys also thinl ANDHC" or "IDAN" had more of an impact on Céline's career than her #1 hit "I'm Your Angel"? Quote
LuisMa Posted January 11, 2013 at 09:28 PM Posted January 11, 2013 at 09:28 PM (edited) exactly!!! do you guys also thinl ANDHC" or "IDAN" had more of an impact on Céline's career than her #1 hit "I'm Your Angel"? Well, "I'm Your Angel" is probably the lesser well-known #1 song of Celine's, and it's too bad that although it was the lead single from the TAST album, it's more remembered as an R&B hit rather than a Christmas song. I think ANDHC had more of an impact because it led off Celine's triumphant return, it was associated with the album, of course, as it was the title track, and it spent an amazing 21 weeks at number one on the AC Chart, which was a massive record at the time. I'm not sure about this next statement 100%, but I believe ANDHC had a higher showing on the pop charts than IYA, which was number 1 due to massive sales. But this is a bit relative. IYA became her second number one debut, which was amazing, and it did have a strong showing on the R&B charts, where it reached number 5. So chart-wise, both did amazing and shattered records. IDAN probably had the lesser impact of the three. Edited January 11, 2013 at 09:41 PM by LuisMa Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.