Jump to content

"Parler à mon père" - New French single!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, "I'm Your Angel" is probably the lesser well-known #1 song of Celine's, and it's too bad that although it was the lead single from the TAST album, it's more remembered as an R&B hit rather than a Christmas song. I think ANDHC had more of an impact because it led off Celine's triumphant return, it was associated with the album, of course, as it was the title track, and it spent an amazing 21 weeks at number one on the AC Chart, which was a massive record at the time. I'm not sure about this next statement 100%, but I believe ANDHC had a higher showing on the pop charts than IYA, which was number 1 due to massive sales.

 

But this is a bit relative. IYA became her second number one debut, which was amazing, and it did have a strong showing on the R&B charts, where it reached number 5.

 

So chart-wise, both did amazing and shattered records.

 

IDAN probably had the lesser impact of the three.

 

Yeah, but I was watching Live with Regis And Kelly from last year, and Céline entered the set with IDAN, and she doesn't even perform that song on her new show!

That means the song represent her... in a way IYA does not!

  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah, but I was watching Live with Regis And Kelly from last year, and Céline entered the set with IDAN, and she doesn't even perform that song on her new show!

That means the song represent her... in a way IYA does not!

 

In terms of promotion, touring and appearances, she has sung IDAN way more than IYA, so in that other aspect, it definitely beats the ballad.

Posted

PAMP's chart run in France is SO impressive!! :wub:

 

http://i49.tinypic.com/16gedqb.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted
And the most impressive thing is that its run is consecutive, without leaving the Top 100, after more than half a year!
  • Like 1
Posted
PAMP's video already got 5 million hits on VEVO (counting the first uploaded video) :clap:
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
In a way I'm happy that this overshadowed "Le Miracle", because it's better to have a super performing hit, than two singles without any staying power, and considering this has driven the album sales and viceversa, I'm up for it to keep burning the charts. :yes: Edited by LuisMa
Posted

In a way I'm happy that this overshadowed "Le Miracle", because it's better to have a super performing hit, than two singles without any staying power, and considering this has driven the album sales and viceversa, I'm up for it to keep burning the charts. :yes:

 

Me too!!

 

Can anyone in France tell us if they're still playing this song on the radios?

 

I wouldn't mind if they kept on promoting this song for a while. It has definitely helped to achieve those monstruous album sales. -as long as "Attendre" gets a proper release someday :D

Posted

 

 

Me too!!

 

Can anyone in France tell us if they're still playing this song on the radios?

 

I wouldn't mind if they kept on promoting this song for a while. It has definitely helped to achieve those monstruous album sales. -as long as "Attendre" gets a proper release someday :D

 

I'd like to hear from French fans too, I'd like to know if the song is well known....

 

Kev x

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
PAMP's video just hit 5 million views on YouTube
  • Like 3
Posted

PAMP's video just hit 5 million views on YouTube

Great news!

Posted
I absolutely love this song :wub:
  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Views on YouTube:

 

5,097,266 Parler A Mon Pere

6,045,467 Taking Chances

 

less than 1 million away!!!

  • Like 2
Posted

Views on YouTube:

 

5,097,266 Parler A Mon Pere

6,045,467 Taking Chances

 

less than 1 million away!!!

 

You have a lot more watching to do Mike! :giggle:

  • Like 2
Posted
It just shows how great this song is and how much can be done about the whole album. If only they reacted!
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

It just shows how great this song is and how much can be done about the whole album. If only they reacted!

 

I think they want to stretch the album success as long as they can... and probably the reason why they are not in a hurry to release another single just yet...

Posted
Maybe, but then they could at least add PAMP to the setlist...
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

Maybe, but then they could at least add PAMP to the setlist...

I would just die if she did that! If she would just change the set a bit.... Come on, Celine live on the wild side! :)
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
  • 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

8 million views on YOUTUBE! :w00t:

 

What do we call this? a MEGAHIT?

 

 

 

 

 

8.039.095 - "Parler a Mon Pere"

 

6.557.088 - "Taking Chances" (her only "hit" video released on VEVO prior to PAMP)

Edited by mike_z
  • Like 5
Posted
It's been a year since the song was released and I still listen to it on a daily basis.
  • Like 3
Posted

8 million views on YOUTUBE! :w00t:

 

What do we call this? a MEGAHIT?

 

 

 

 

 

8.039.095 - "Parler a Mon Pere"

 

6.557.088 - "Taking Chances" (her only "hit" video released on VEVO prior to PAMP)

 

PAMP got 8 042 996 already :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: And 'Taking Chances' also got more views, it's like 6 557 841 :) Good that people keep watching these videos :) And how much I wish QPVSA had more views, i'm so in luv witht this song and the video :wub:

 

It's been a year since the song was released and I still listen to it on a daily basis.

 

Yeap, same with me, LukeD, same with me ;) And you know what?.. :) I loved this song from the start but somehow it still keeps growing on me and I love it more & more each day :) And to be honest there are much OLDER songs that have been singles like AGES ago and I still listen to 'em on a daily basis year after year... I cannot ever get enough of 'Misled' 4 xample :)

  • Like 1
Love comes to those who believe it...
Posted (edited)
So my BF's friend come to visit us, my BF played this song in his car and he (my bf's friend) instantly love this song, it's not even english song and we are here in Indonesia is not very familiar with fremch song but he loves this song. I wish this song got a better chances to be heard all over the world. My bf loves "Sans Attendre", he never heard any of Celine french song before. He think that this album dooesn't try to be hip which is a good thing and make this album stand out and the songs are beautiful. The song that he really love is Parler a Mon Pere, Le Miracle, attendre, La Mer Et L'enfant and Ne Me Quitez Pas. Edited by gafsa
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

And this is why you can't say PAMP isn't a good song. Many of you underestimate it but it's clearly getting the public's attention. This is also why they should release another single which is catchy and uptempo because clearly Celine's songs can still become hits and there is no doubt about that.

 

For me it's one of the best songs of the albums. It's hard to explain but when I play it and the melody begins I feel the energy, the beat and positive attitude. It's a great song!

 

I'll repeat my old request. Does anyone have a mp3 of PAMP with the intro from the video?

Edited by anewdayhascome
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

Can you believe PAMP's video is still getting more than 100.000 views every week? It might reach 10 million views before september!!!!!! :teary:

 

More than many Top 40 hits in the US!!

  • Like 6
Posted

Can you believe PAMP's video is still getting more than 100.000 views every week? It might reach 10 million views before september!!!!!! :teary:

 

More than many Top 40 hits in the US!!

 

 

really amazing!

Posted

Can you believe PAMP's video is still getting more than 100.000 views every week? It might reach 10 million views before september!!!!!! :teary:

 

More than many Top 40 hits in the US!!

 

I'm so glad coz i love this song from the very first time i hear it.

  • 3 months later...
Posted

Is it safe now to say PAMP is one of Céline's biggest hits of her entire french career?

 

The video is about to break the 10 million views mark! And it's still getting around 15,000 views per day, same as the LMBTL lyric video! :hmm:

Posted

By the way, just compare its chart run with that of "Et s'il n'en restait qu'une".

 

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ex6gr9.jpg

 

http://i42.tinypic.com/2djs26d.jpg

 

 

 

 

And I think it's still not over for the song. I'm sure it will chart again in december!! ;)

  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Congratulations to PAMP.

 

It has become Céline's longest-running single on the french singles chart, with 46 weeks, followed by Ziggy with 43.

 

And it's still charting!

 

 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

 

It has also reached 10 million views on YouTube, her most watched french video to date!

 

  • Like 5
Posted
wow, never thought that's gonna coming, BTW, I always thought the Pour Que Tu M Aimes Encore was the longest one.
S'il suffisait d'aimer...
Posted

wow, never thought that's gonna coming, BTW, I always thought the Pour Que Tu M Aimes Encore was the longest one.

 

Me too. Shocking!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...