Bell Posted April 6, 2013 at 05:54 PM Posted April 6, 2013 at 05:54 PM To me that song is about a woman who only needs a lover. But she wants to get it not earn it.I've never thought about this, I admit. Yes, you're right, there is a big difference between getting and earning for sure. But I've never seen the song your way. For me, it's about a woman who hesitates whether to let a man in (probably because she's been hurt in the past) even though she's in love with him: 'You've touched me far too deep for this to be deniedOnly my fear stands in our way' Of course, there could be more than one interpretation, everyone sees and feels it in their own way. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Neddo Posted April 6, 2013 at 08:11 PM Posted April 6, 2013 at 08:11 PM If SMAL and CJALB were on album I would give it 2 stars. However if LYB was it would be 3,5. Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
Ray Posted April 8, 2013 at 06:31 PM Posted April 8, 2013 at 06:31 PM ^^ To me Send Me A Lover is such a romantic and passionate song! It's like she's met the love of her life and wants him back. Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
LukeD Posted April 9, 2013 at 06:58 AM Posted April 9, 2013 at 06:58 AM (edited) 1) Introduction - Good move to remind people of her francophone roots, the melody is decent. 7/10 2) Love Can Move Mountains - Cheesy song, it is almost hard to take it seriously, the beat is ok. 6/10 3) Show Some Emotion - Tuneless track, overdramatic lyrics, the only good thing about it is Celine's vocal perfomance. 6/10 4) If You Asked Me To - I enjoy this song, but it is a note to note copy of the original. She could have done better. 8/10 5) If You Could See Me Now - I love the piano intro of this song more than anything in it, there are a couple strained notes, the lyrics are good. 8/10 6) Halfway To Heaven - Very good track, could have been the album title as well. Kenny G. did an amazing job and Celine gave a restrained, emotive perfomance. 8/10 7) Did You Give Enough Love - The lyrics are extremely cheesy, the music is average and Celine's vocals are nothing special. Funny though. 7/10 8) If I Were You - I find this song very boring and basic, but somewhat cute and warm at the same time. 7/10 9) Beauty And The Beast - A Classic. 10/10 10) I Love You Goodbye - Repetitive lyrics, as most songs by Diane W. The melody is good and so does Celine's voice in it. 7/10 11) Little Bit Of Love - The message is similar to ''If I Were You'', average song as well. 7/10 12) Water From The Moon - Such a dramatic ballad, I like the poetic lyrics of the verses and the piano during the bridge. The live perfomances are better. 9/10 13) With This Tear - She took this song into another level, the best vocal perfomance of the album. 9/10 14) Nothing Broken But My Heart - I'm not feeling it, but I admit it's a decent ballad. 7/10 The songs work nicely together, I definitely prefer this album over ''Unison'', ''Falling Into You'', ''Miracle'' and ''Taking Chances''. Top 5 from this album would be: 1) Beauty And The Beast 2) Water From The Moon 3) With This Tear 4) Halfway To Heaven 5) If You Could See Me Now Edited April 9, 2013 at 07:00 AM by LukeD Quote
Yangedd Posted April 9, 2013 at 02:08 PM Posted April 9, 2013 at 02:08 PM I'm going listening to this album right now. I adore "SSE" and "IYCSMN". My absolute favourite tracks. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Davey84 Posted April 9, 2013 at 02:29 PM Posted April 9, 2013 at 02:29 PM (edited) I think 'Did You Give Enough Love' is really underrated and the song plus video should have had so much more promotion. They should have chosen this piece of art over 'Love Can Move Mountains'. I read an interview with the writer of DYGEL somewhere not so long ago, that this song was choosen to be the last single of CD, but then Sleepless in Seattle was going to be released too, with of course When I Fall In Love. And of course Sony decided to pull the plugs on DYGEL and CD and focus of WIFIL and the new album... In this aspect, I Always felt that Seduces Me should have been a single too, it would have been a perfect closure to FIY and maybe even a better radio song than CTM.... It's a shame we never got to hear live performances of CD songs, beside the singles. Some songs I would love love love to hear performed (again) NBBMH, WFTM, WTT, IYCSMN.... wishfull thinking I guess Edited April 9, 2013 at 02:29 PM by Davey84 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Bell Posted April 9, 2013 at 05:22 PM Posted April 9, 2013 at 05:22 PM wishfull thinking I guessWishful thinking here, too. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Neddo Posted April 9, 2013 at 05:37 PM Posted April 9, 2013 at 05:37 PM lol 3 Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
Bell Posted April 9, 2013 at 05:59 PM Posted April 9, 2013 at 05:59 PM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSOLjvAB9g lolYeah, I know! Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Davey84 Posted April 9, 2013 at 07:00 PM Posted April 9, 2013 at 07:00 PM I never really liked that duet that much... its one of my least fav, right after IHYTILY Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Yangedd Posted April 10, 2013 at 09:58 AM Posted April 10, 2013 at 09:58 AM I listened to the album yesterday. Some amazing songs on it. Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
LuisMa Posted April 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM Posted April 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM Been listening to "I Love You Goodbye" a lot, as a friend sent me a link to a YouTube video earlier. I love this album a lot, as it takes me back to 1992 when all my college classmates were sick of me talking about Celine all the time and all my projects and papers about or concerning her. It's in a close tie with "Falling Into You" for my favorite Celine album. I also remember sitting by the TV in 1993 to watch the Grammy's and on Access Hollywood they introduced "Water From The Moon" as the next single and played part of the video. I almost had a heart attack! 2 Quote
comingback Posted June 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM Posted June 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM Making of If you asked me to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDG05WThEV0 2 Quote
comingback Posted June 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM Posted June 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM (edited) Making of CELINE DION Edited June 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM by comingback 2 Quote
CelineL Posted June 21, 2013 at 06:39 PM Posted June 21, 2013 at 06:39 PM (edited) I love this album. From the french intro til the end the album is easy to listen in its entirety. My favs are the common I think: "If you asked me to" and "Nothing broken but my heart" and of course I think the intro was a good choise. Edited June 21, 2013 at 06:42 PM by CelineL Quote
CelineDion-MyLove5 Posted June 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM Posted June 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM (edited) Today, March 31st 2012, marks the 20th anniversary of the album Celine Dion. I can't believe it's been two decades since its release! Just wanted to create this topic so you can post your thoughts on this album. Which are your favorite songs? What do you think about Celine's voice? when ever I hear Celine's voice my heart starts to beat really fast I feel its going to fly right out of me she is the best singer in the world and I love all her music and when ever I hear that she's going to be on tv or if she's coming to my city to do a concert or something like that I just go crazy and cant stop talking about it Edited June 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM by CelineDion-MyLove5 Quote Vote for Celine Dion for the 2013 world music awards ! categories: best singer best album best live act & best entertainer! ( Check out my part 1,2 & 3 videos I made called vote for Celine Dion for the 2013 world music awards I posted on my url section on my profile! thank you
Yangedd Posted June 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM Posted June 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM I have always loved this album. "Water From The Moon", "If You Could See Me Now" and "Show Some Emotion" are simply magnificent. 1 Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Jeff Abbott Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:00 PM Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:00 PM (edited) I have always loved this album. "Water From The Moon", "If You Could See Me Now" and "Show Some Emotion" are simply magnificent.I'd also "With this tear" to that list, absolute masterpiece. Edited June 29, 2013 at 01:00 PM by Jeff Abbott 1 Quote
Yangedd Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:24 PM Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:24 PM I'd also "With this tear" to that list, absolute masterpiece. They certainly are some masterpieces on that album, I agree Jeff Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Jeff Abbott Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:28 PM Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:28 PM (edited) They certainly are some masterpieces on that album, I agree Jeff That's one of those songs which has that OMG factor when you listen to it for the very first time. Edited June 29, 2013 at 01:28 PM by Jeff Abbott Quote
Yangedd Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:31 PM Posted June 29, 2013 at 01:31 PM That's one of those songs which has that OMG factor when you listen to it for the very first time. I wish that "If Only You Could See Me Now" was a single. I would have Loved to heard that Live. 2 Quote http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.pngYou Loved Me Back To Life, Life!
Hilda Posted July 16, 2017 at 10:03 PM Posted July 16, 2017 at 10:03 PM (edited) I cant believe its taken me apparently 5 years to reply to a thread about my favourite celine dion album haha! But better late than never. For me this album is just like everyone says, one of the most cohesive collections of songs celines put out...the intro completely set the mood, magical, dreamlike and relaxed, the whole album for me is sun drenched. I got it for my birthday in July in 96 and it jsut reminds me of summer...and holidays...and great memories of my childhood. Nothing broken but my heart is my favourite ever celine dion song but With this tear immediately stood out for me, its such a different sounding song, just building and building with no standard format to it. Such an epic tale of loss. The only thing i hate and think is a total mismatch is the cover...whoever thought 1700's celine was a good idea i have no clue. Its awful but because of the memories i like it anyway. As davey and J said all the single covers are delicious, all the videos are delicious. I just loved this era. Edited July 16, 2017 at 10:05 PM by Hilda 1 Quote
incognito Posted July 16, 2017 at 10:07 PM Posted July 16, 2017 at 10:07 PM I cant believe its taken me apparently 5 years to reply to a thread about my favourite celine dion album haha! But better late than never. For me this album is just like everyone says, one of the most cohesive collections of songs celines put out...the intro completely set the mood, magical, dreamlike and relaxed, the whole album for me is sun drenched. I got it for my birthday in July in 96 and it jsut reminds me of summer...and holidays...and great memories of my childhood. Nothing broken but my heart is my favourite ever celine dion song but With this tear immediately stood out for me, its such a different sounding song, just building and building with no standard format to it. Such an epic tale of loss. The only thing i hate and think is a total mismatch is the cover...whoever thought 1700's celine was a good idea i have no clue. Its awful but because of the memories i like it anyway. As davey and J said all the single covers are delicious, all the videos are delicious. I just loved this era. Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Quote
Hilda Posted July 16, 2017 at 10:34 PM Posted July 16, 2017 at 10:34 PM Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo im listening to it now to celebrate - my itunes edit has the extended version of nothing broken but my heart on it haha Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 17, 2017 at 03:20 AM Posted July 17, 2017 at 03:20 AM (edited) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Ue31lAPNk Can anyone translate what she says here? I can catch some of it (le monde pour toi et moi, j'espere?) Edited July 17, 2017 at 03:24 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
woodstock Posted July 17, 2017 at 05:55 AM Posted July 17, 2017 at 05:55 AM Le monde est dans nos yeuxUn monde d'amour, sans frontièresUn monde pour toi et moiJ'espère... The world is in our eyesA world of love, with no boundariesA world for you and meI hope so... 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 17, 2017 at 09:47 AM Author Posted July 17, 2017 at 09:47 AM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Ue31lAPNk Can anyone translate what she says here? I can catch some of it (le monde pour toi et moi, j'espere?) I'm quite not sure if at the end she says J'espère or Je te perds... Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 17, 2017 at 03:18 PM Posted July 17, 2017 at 03:18 PM I wish the introduction on this album would get incorporated in Vegas or on tour someday. 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 17, 2017 at 03:26 PM Posted July 17, 2017 at 03:26 PM I wish the introduction on this album would get incorporated in Vegas or on tour someday.Now that you mention it it would've been amazing before TPOL this tour... Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
celine4evauk Posted July 17, 2017 at 05:33 PM Posted July 17, 2017 at 05:33 PM Le monde est dans nos yeuxUn monde d'amour, sans frontièresUn monde pour toi et moiJ'espère... The world is in our eyesA world of love, with no boundariesA world for you and meI hope so... For Rene you think?? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.