Jump to content

Celine didn't perform at the opening ceremony of the 2010 FIFA World Cup


Recommended Posts

Posted
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

 

Shhhh! We don't want to freak people out...

 

I agree with Nat27 that SA does LOVE Celine, but that is not the point. There is going to be big s*** during this world cup. Celine should stay away from here at this stage. As we say in Afrikaans: ''Die kak gaan spat.''

Ai, i am cracking up with your comment. Jy is reg, "Die kak gaan spat". I am just watching what i want to on the TV. :sofunny:

 

:giggle: Is jy Afrikaans?

 

But it is the truth. I don't even want to be here in SA during the soccer world cup...

 

 

i don't want to be here right now. in actual fact i'm ashamed to say i'm from here.

the scary thing is there are a lot of people who don't read or watch the news on tv and are oblivious to the facts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Duchess_Nicol/flower20cropped.jpg
Posted
is that real? wow. what will she sing?

 

Balls Can Move Mountains :giggle:

\ :sofunny: :sofunny:

With a little faith

Just a little trust

If you believe in balls

Balls can move mountains

Believe in your heart

And feel, feel it in your soul

And balls baby balls can balls can move mountains

:whee:

giphy.gif
Posted
How does the world cup compare to the super bowl in terms of audience?

 

just to have an idea

the fifa world cup means the world competing and their countries watching... not only usa teams ....and most part usa watching.

 

it is huge

massive

like olympics

Posted
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

 

Shhhh! We don't want to freak people out...

 

I agree with Nat27 that SA does LOVE Celine, but that is not the point. There is going to be big s*** during this world cup. Celine should stay away from here at this stage. As we say in Afrikaans: ''Die kak gaan spat.''

Ai, i am cracking up with your comment. Jy is reg, "Die kak gaan spat". I am just watching what i want to on the TV. :sofunny:

 

:giggle: Is jy Afrikaans?

 

But it is the truth. I don't even want to be here in SA during the soccer world cup...

 

 

i don't want to be here right now. in actual fact i'm ashamed to say i'm from here.

the scary thing is there are a lot of people who don't read or watch the news on tv and are oblivious to the facts.

 

I'm curious, for the average SA citizen are y'all safe? One of my real good friends is from SA and studying at the University of Pretoria. She's been telling me about the murder rate going up and Terreblanche's death. She also told me about a bomb threat at the mall she went to a few weeks. I'm real worried about her and the country. Is it something your exposed to everyday? are y'all at risk? I really hope not.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2aaavxd.jpg

 

♥ Thank you, Céline for giving me the greatest birthday I could ask for! ♥

 

Posted

Guys there is NOT going to be a civil war in SA!!!

 

Yes there is some anger but it will not lead to a war. These things get blown way out of proportion.

 

I would be so happy if Celine performed at the Ceremony.

 

We have hosted a lot of sporting events. It is going to be fine!!!

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpg

I love Celine!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

 

Shhhh! We don't want to freak people out...

 

I agree with Nat27 that SA does LOVE Celine, but that is not the point. There is going to be big s*** during this world cup. Celine should stay away from here at this stage. As we say in Afrikaans: ''Die kak gaan spat.''

Ai, i am cracking up with your comment. Jy is reg, "Die kak gaan spat". I am just watching what i want to on the TV. :sofunny:

 

:giggle: Is jy Afrikaans?

 

But it is the truth. I don't even want to be here in SA during the soccer world cup...

 

 

i don't want to be here right now. in actual fact i'm ashamed to say i'm from here.

the scary thing is there are a lot of people who don't read or watch the news on tv and are oblivious to the facts.

 

I'm curious, for the average SA citizen are y'all safe? One of my real good friends is from SA and studying at the University of Pretoria. She's been telling me about the murder rate going up and Terreblanche's death. She also told me about a bomb threat at the mall she went to a few weeks. I'm real worried about her and the country. Is it something your exposed to everyday? are y'all at risk? I really hope not.

 

No we arent at risk. SA is fine.:)

 

There is crime like in every country.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpg

I love Celine!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
Guys there is NOT going to be a civil war in SA!!!

 

Yes there is some anger but it will not lead to a war. These things get blown way out of proportion.

 

I would be so happy if Celine performed at the Ceremony.

 

We have hosted a lot of sporting events. It is going to be fine!!!

 

 

stop talking utter rubbish and trying to sweet talk the rest of the world. a post before confirms this. people in this country are getting the word out. get those rose tinted glasses off and get your head out the sand. it's people like you who don't face up to reality.

we have the likes of julius malema who defies the president and sings and dances to his own tune. he has his own ilk who at the drop of a hat will murder the whites in this country for nothing.

the murder of terreblanche and the farmers and others in this country is escalating.

just because the world FIFA organisation have announced which artists they want to perform at the opening ceremony has caused chaos and mayhem. our local artists are banding together and trust me they have their following.

 

this is just an example of what they can and will do if called to upon to do so. this is not the taliban we are talking about, this country have their own kind and you need to face it.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfY2htp-T28

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Duchess_Nicol/flower20cropped.jpg
Posted
Guys there is NOT going to be a civil war in SA!!!

 

Yes there is some anger but it will not lead to a war. These things get blown way out of proportion.

 

I would be so happy if Celine performed at the Ceremony.

 

We have hosted a lot of sporting events. It is going to be fine!!!

 

 

stop talking utter rubbish and trying to sweet talk the rest of the world. a post before confirms this. people in this country are getting the word out. get those rose tinted glasses off and get your head out the sand. it's people like you who don't face up to reality.

we have the likes of julius malema who defies the president and sings and dances to his own tune. he has his own ilk who at the drop of a hat will murder the whites in this country for nothing.

the murder of terreblanche and the farmers and others in this country is escalating.

just because the world FIFA organisation have announced which artists they want to perform at the opening ceremony has caused chaos and mayhem. our local artists are banding together and trust me they have their following.

 

this is just an example of what they can and will do if called to upon to do so. this is not the taliban we are talking about, this country have their own kind and you need to face it.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfY2htp-T28

 

Whoa hold on just a minute!

I am not wearing rose tinted glasses.

 

I agree that Julius should be removed from his post and that something needs to be done about the crime.

 

I know there has been a lot of opinions on this whole situation. I think it is just an exaggeration that we are going to have a civil war.

 

Im not trying to argue with anyone or anything.

 

This is just my opinion. I am also very upset about the song that Julius is singing and Eugene's murder. WE just do not have all the facts on that.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpg

I love Celine!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

 

Shhhh! We don't want to freak people out...

 

I agree with Nat27 that SA does LOVE Celine, but that is not the point. There is going to be big s*** during this world cup. Celine should stay away from here at this stage. As we say in Afrikaans: ''Die kak gaan spat.''

Ai, i am cracking up with your comment. Jy is reg, "Die kak gaan spat". I am just watching what i want to on the TV. :sofunny:

 

:giggle: Is jy Afrikaans?

 

But it is the truth. I don't even want to be here in SA during the soccer world cup...

 

Hi, no i am not afrikaans, but they have some hilarious sayings, and it is the truth what you are saying. I an staying away from all big centres etc. Will rarther go to the smaller ones in the suburbs.

Ons moet oppas, ha ha. :flowers: :bye1:

Posted
Guys can we please not talk politics on here. It is bad enough to see and hear it everywhere on the radio and tv. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you guys are freaking everybody else out with your comments. Civil war might be a bit far fetched.


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted (edited)
Guys can we please not talk politics on here. It is bad enough to see and hear it everywhere on the radio and tv. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you guys are freaking everybody else out with your comments. Civil war might be a bit far fetched.

 

Hear Hear!!!

 

I totally agree with you. I'm so tired of all of this.

 

I also agree that the idea of civil war is pretty far fetched.

 

Everyone is allowed their opinions and I don't want to be shouted at for mine.

 

This topic is about Celine and her singing at the world cup which will be a good thing for SA.

Edited by Celineforeveranangel

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpg

I love Celine!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
Guys can we please not talk politics on here. It is bad enough to see and hear it everywhere on the radio and tv. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you guys are freaking everybody else out with your comments. Civil war might be a bit far fetched.

 

Hear Hear!!!

 

I totally agree with you. I'm so tired of all of this.

 

I also agree that the idea of civil war is pretty far fetched.

 

Everyone is allowed their opinions and I don't want to be shouted at for mine.

 

This topic is about Celine and her singing at the world cup which will be a good thing for SA.

 

:yes:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/Nat2728/Drawing1.jpg

 

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/Nat2728/50085.jpg

Posted

This forum is a great inspiration for LOTS of rumors about Celine and a very FEW ReAl updates about Celine.

 

The first rumor was about Guetta collaborating with Celine = Bullshit!!

 

Celine going to perform in SA = Bullshit!!!

 

I hope that people don't get their Hopes too high because they are going to be crushed when they would see the facts in front of their own eyes = Celine is NOT going to perform at SA (They listed the performers in the event and there's NO celine inside the FIFA opening game)

I understand that people want to talk about their idole all the time; but this is kind of ridiculous

Posted (edited)
Your some speaker MOE not to mention very RUDE in just about every topic you speak in , i bet your warning level is through the roof Edited by Nmj
Posted
This forum is a great inspiration for LOTS of rumors about Celine and a very FEW ReAl updates about Celine.

 

The first rumor was about Guetta collaborating with Celine = Bullshit!!

 

Celine going to perform in SA = Bullshit!!!

 

I hope that people don't get their Hopes too high because they are going to be crushed when they would see the facts in front of their own eyes = Celine is NOT going to perform at SA (They listed the performers in the event and there's NO celine inside the FIFA opening game)

I understand that people want to talk about their idole all the time; but this is kind of ridiculous

 

There are many events that don't list all the performers 2 months prior to the actual event.

So why are you so sure of yourself, Moee? :whistling: Anything is possible... Maybe Celine was approched and didn't say NO... all depending if she's pregnant or not.

I told you before, Balls Can Move Mountains! :giggle:

Posted
I told you before, Balls Can Move Mountains! :giggle:

 

What balls? :whistling: :whistling: My balls can move mountains??!! Be specific PLZ!! :sofunny: :laugh: :blushing1: :sofunny:

Posted
This forum is a great inspiration for LOTS of rumors about Celine and a very FEW ReAl updates about Celine.

 

The first rumor was about Guetta collaborating with Celine = Bullshit!!

 

Celine going to perform in SA = Bullshit!!!

 

I hope that people don't get their Hopes too high because they are going to be crushed when they would see the facts in front of their own eyes = Celine is NOT going to perform at SA (They listed the performers in the event and there's NO celine inside the FIFA opening game)

I understand that people want to talk about their idole all the time; but this is kind of ridiculous

No one said it's confirmed. Rumor is rumor, if you don't want to read or talk about it, leave the topic. It's that simple.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted

^ i hate to gloat but its about time somebody said something to MOE who is always negative in every thread reply...

 

The Title Says CELINE MAY perform not confirmed we all know its just a rumor so far, without needing MOE to repeat himself a billion times...Thanks Bellamy :)

Posted

Agree

 

Celine may perform: it's not sure she will, but it's not saying that she absolutely won't either. So we don't know :shrug:

 

But I really hope she can't go coz she'll be pregnant :wub:

 

*FINGERS CROSSED*

Posted (edited)

Man i really have a hinch that shes pregnant this time

I ALSO hope she cant attend because she is pregant, but if shes not i hope we see her there

Edited by Nmj
Posted
If Celine is pregnant (with a girl) and can't make it to South Africa, do you think she would name her daughter FIFA? :giggle:
Posted
If Celine is pregnant (with a girl) and can't make it to South Africa, do you think she would name her daughter FIFA? :giggle:

 

 

:mdr:

"No matter where you are, reach for your own star to realize the power of the dream"

 

From miss Céline Dion to the world those with a will to listen, and not just hear

Posted
If Celine is pregnant (with a girl) and can't make it to South Africa, do you think she would name her daughter FIFA? :giggle:

 

 

 

:sofunny:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Duchess_Nicol/flower20cropped.jpg
Posted
How does the world cup compare to the super bowl in terms of audience?

 

just to have an idea

the fifa world cup means the world competing and their countries watching... not only usa teams ....and most part usa watching.

 

it is huge

massive

like olympics

 

way way way bigger than the Olympics

football (soccer ) is the worlds number one sport and the world cup is the one that people from all over the world wait for

this event only happens every 4 years ,,,, it huge , very huge

please listen, I wrote This for Celine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-d8j5nOqSk

Posted
How does the world cup compare to the super bowl in terms of audience?

 

just to have an idea

the fifa world cup means the world competing and their countries watching... not only usa teams ....and most part usa watching.

 

it is huge

massive

like olympics

 

way way way bigger than the Olympics

football (soccer ) is the worlds number one sport and the world cup is the one that people from all over the world wait for

this event only happens every 4 years ,,,, it huge , very huge

 

I'm not interested in football at all so I really don't know anything about this thing, so if you say it's bigger than te Olympics, I believe ya :rolleyes: But I know how huge the Olympics is....... :shrug: have no idea which one is the biggest :shrug:

 

But it's a fact that it's a really really big event and it will be good promoting for Celine :thumbsup2: But I much much much rather see her pregnant! :wub: :wub:

Posted
A soccer match is bigger than the olympics? I just can't believe that. :shrug:

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Posted
If Celine is pregnant (with a girl) and can't make it to South Africa, do you think she would name her daughter FIFA? :giggle:

 

She would name her GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

 

:sofunny: :blushing1: :sofunny: :blushing1: :sofunny:

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I almost wetted myself. This stupid woman on the radio just annoumced that she has big news: The Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli and the Canadian singer... Brian Adams is coming to SA for the world cup. Does she want to kill me with her pause and everything after Canadian... :angry2:


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...