Jump to content

Celine didn't perform at the opening ceremony of the 2010 FIFA World Cup


Recommended Posts

Posted
I also hope this all is true only time will tell for sure, but if it is i wonder what that means about a pregnancy happening? Would Celine perform months pregnant?
Posted

Celine WILL NOT perform for the FIFA Opening night.

 

The article says that she'll THROW parties for the Orphans of South Africa. she WON'T sing at the official event.

 

Most people didn't even read what I posted earlier.

Posted
Celine WILL NOT perform for the FIFA Opening night.

 

The article says that she'll THROW parties for the Orphans of South Africa. she WON'T sing at the official event.

 

Most people didn't even read what I posted earlier.

That was an old article posted in its own topic 2 months ago. :whistling: :doh:

 

Also, that's not the source of this news. :rolleyes:

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted (edited)
i don't know why she would lie but I'd rather it was untrue
maybe Claudette is looking for publicity? who knows :shrug:

 

 

Maybe most of people aren't fans of Celine.... but i'm sure they can appreciate a great voice! She's not gonna sing MHWGO...

 

Its all about the meaning of the opening song and how great and beautiful the voice is...

 

And lindsey, she got booed because she wasn't there, but in Las Vegas on big screen thru satellite...

but its the same type of people that were at the Live 8 . have you ever seen the fans of world cup or Live 8. Hooligans and ruffians. they start riots , they are drunk and love to fight for anything. i've seen them on tv at the last world cup olympics. its NOT a pretty picture. :w00t:

 

 

i know i'm probably going to get banned for saying this because people are going to complain angrily but i dont want to see Celine singing at the world cup of soccer olympics or whatever its call. to me this presents certain dangers. for one its very dangerous. they always have riots at these things because its main attractions are rowdies and loud people. and the type of people who go to these things are not going to appreciate Celine's music. im so afraid of her getting booed. like they did at the Live 8 concerts. Theres millions there and once someone starts something its spread like crazy through the crowd and I want to protect my Queen. :down:

 

 

What happened in live 8? Why? Don't worry i' m afrais too !!! But I mean it's africa and they love her so much!!!!

well you know in Live 8 when Celine appeared on the screen they started to boo her , and even though she wasnt singing live it doesnt mean that these people are nice. their attitude sucks, live or not.

 

 

How does the world cup compare to the super bowl in terms of audience?

How does it compare to the superball...well, basically it's like superball, only for whole the world except the US. :-D Which means HUGE audience. (no one cares about superball out of north america).

 

 

:giggle: oh and by the way its super bowl not ball :giggle:

 

 

There is another thing that bothers me about this whole thing: The fact that Celine didn't perform at her own country's Olympic Games, but now she is willing to perform at another country's soccer world cup.

 

 

i agree why would she perform there while she refused to sing at the Olympics... it doesn't make sense

 

Different timing that's all. :) She will perform again at different events in the future you know :giggle:

 

But I still doubt she will be there for this event. We'll see.

i want her to peform there too but anything girly or romantic they dont want. they want beer and rowdy times. its like putting Celine in front of an ac/dc audience singing SHook me. have you seen the youtube video. they ripped her to shreds. its this same kind of attitude they have at the world cup olympics, unfortunately. :sick:

Edited by lindsey22
Posted
It will be shown in the US right? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/oldies830/mgean_2.jpg

DO NOT STEAL MY SIGNATURE

"It's hard in a recording studio, because I'm infront of a microphone, I have to imagine all of you and then I'm able to sing the songs for you...Now I'm still infront of a microphone, with all of you right infront of me, to see all of your faces, That's why I still do it!" (wild applause) thankyou for the flowers - Celine after a flower moment 9-22-08

Posted
That's awesome! I hope I get to see her :)

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpg

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg

 

Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥

Posted (edited)

I'm not saying that Claudette lied.

 

I'm just saying that you MIS-interpreted what Claudette meant by Celine going back to SA. She maybe meant that she was going back there to help people celebrate the FIFA event by throwing parties for Orphans in SA. That does not include performing there. Maybe she [Claudette] meant by Performing = Celine doing her charity work.

 

Plus, a person already posted the official list of performers in the event and Celine wasn't listed.

Edited by Moee
Posted

You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/Nat2728/Drawing1.jpg

 

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg55/Nat2728/50085.jpg

Posted
im excited! i hope this is true...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2645/19/46/1353927048/n1353927048_30196013_7530441.jpg

 

 

QUELLE BELLE ANGE, C'EST CELINE....

JE T'AIME CELINE!!!

Posted
How does the world cup compare to the super bowl in terms of audience?

 

Hello Vic!

 

well I thought that super bowl is mostly for a US audience, and the world cup is well WORLDWIDE...! as OLYMPIC GAMES... :yes:

 

that`s a great news, but I will wait for an official announcement...

 

THANK YOU FOR THE NEWS!

Posted

i don't think there's point to argue though lol

but time will tell there's still like 2 months so yeah wether celine's pregnant or not it doesn't really matter, but i think she'll probably be in SA that time so we'll see

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted

hello again!

 

after reading all the post, I just want to add that the concert (with WILL I AM , ALICIA KEYS ETC..) will not be the same that the opening ceremony...

 

The official song its called WAVING FLAG...and it will be performing by DAVID BISBAL an Spanish singer

 

Posted
is that real? wow. what will she sing?
Posted
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww , awsome , I hope so , thx so much :clap: :clap: :clap: :wub: :wub:

http://imados.fr/history/3/7/8/c-nedion.jpg

 

I love Celine

Posted
How does the world cup compare to the super bowl in terms of audience?

 

In my country, it is so important that students see the Opening ceremony and the matches at school and the same happens with adults at work.

 

Haha,thats very kind.. :laugh:

Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Posted
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Duchess_Nicol/flower20cropped.jpg
Posted
Ohhhh YEAHHH! It would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/10ifgwj.jpg

LAS VEGAS, March 19th & 20th, 2011

Posted (edited)
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

 

Shhhh! We don't want to freak people out...

 

I agree with Nat27 that SA does LOVE Celine, but that is not the point. There is going to be big s*** during this world cup. Celine should stay away from here at this stage. As we say in Afrikaans: ''Die kak gaan spat.''

Edited by Claudette


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted
There is another thing that bothers me about this whole thing: The fact that Celine didn't perform at her own country's Olympic Games, but now she is willing to perform at another country's soccer world cup.

 

I read in an interview, Celine said she could not be at Canada Olympic Games cause she was having one of those treatment things in hospital the same day? I am 99% sure about that.

 

Yes, there was an article where she went into detail about how she was in hospital the day the opening ceremony took place, but that is not my point. I'm just saying that the press is not going to treat her kindly if this is true and she comes to SA. That is just my opinion anyway.

 

Well, if thats the way they want to look at it, then they are being silly about the whole thing. There was a genuine reason why she could not be at the Olymics, now she is ok and no problems. We will just have to wait and see what happens. If she even comes, lets see. Personaly, i hope she does not come. With that huge crowd, am worried that terrorists might target certain places. I know that might sound stupid, but that lot are capeable of anything. Dont want anything to happen to our girl, not in that way. I must sound terrible saying this, but i'm worried about it.

Posted
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

 

Shhhh! We don't want to freak people out...

 

I agree with Nat27 that SA does LOVE Celine, but that is not the point. There is going to be big s*** during this world cup. Celine should stay away from here at this stage. As we say in Afrikaans: ''Die kak gaan spat.''

Ai, i am cracking up with your comment. Jy is reg, "Die kak gaan spat". I am just watching what i want to on the TV. :sofunny:

Posted (edited)
You know South Africa has hosted world cups and other major sporting events before..the Rugby world cup was hosted in SA in 1995 without any incidents, so were the 2003 cricket world cup, the IPL (Indian Premier League) which is a huge cricket tournament, and the latest was the Confederations Cup which is kind of a warm-up to the FIFA world cup - and all of these events were staged without any incidents, meaning no issues of crime.

 

And as CheerfulJane said South Africa loves Céline...I mean REALLY love Céline...there will be no booing that I can promise you.

 

But of course this is all dependant on whether or not this is true, and I dont think it is.

 

 

 

you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!! where have you been lately.

this country is on the verge of civil war right now. zuma has called for the people to calm down and take stock of what's happening. more so now that terreblanche was murdered a week ago. just go look at the youtube video's that the south african's are putting up to make the rest of the world more aware of what is happening here.

this country is not safe for ANY of these artists to come here at the moment. more than a million tickets have been handed back to the FIFA SA organisation and accommodation has been cancelled. the SA artists are organising a rally with their own kind cos they have been excluded from the performance at the opening ceremony. many many people are willing to take up arms to fight now against crime etc. this country is volatile right this very minute and you all rejoicing because celine MIGHT perform at the opening ceremony?????

i, for one, hope to hell that celine is NOT coming here anytime whatsoever.

 

Shhhh! We don't want to freak people out...

 

I agree with Nat27 that SA does LOVE Celine, but that is not the point. There is going to be big s*** during this world cup. Celine should stay away from here at this stage. As we say in Afrikaans: ''Die kak gaan spat.''

Ai, i am cracking up with your comment. Jy is reg, "Die kak gaan spat". I am just watching what i want to on the TV. :sofunny:

 

:giggle: Is jy Afrikaans?

 

But it is the truth. I don't even want to be here in SA during the soccer world cup...

Edited by Claudette


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted
is that real? wow. what will she sing?

 

Balls Can Move Mountains :giggle:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...