celinedream Posted October 27, 2010 at 04:31 PM Posted October 27, 2010 at 04:31 PM I've scheduled my appointment at the US Embassy to get my visa renewed next month. I hope to buy the plane ticket before the year is over. I'm going to San Francisco on march 12th to visit family there and then go to Vegas on the 14th, in your opinion what would be the best way for me to get from San Francisco to Las Vegas on the 14th? Plane ticket is 100 US and bus is cheaper, but I don't know if it's a good idea is there train? Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Bellamy Posted October 27, 2010 at 05:32 PM Posted October 27, 2010 at 05:32 PM I've scheduled my appointment at the US Embassy to get my visa renewed next month. I hope to buy the plane ticket before the year is over.I have the same plan. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Cheerfuljane Posted November 1, 2010 at 05:01 PM Posted November 1, 2010 at 05:01 PM I've scheduled my appointment at the US Embassy to get my visa renewed next month. I hope to buy the plane ticket before the year is over. I'm going to San Francisco on march 12th to visit family there and then go to Vegas on the 14th, in your opinion what would be the best way for me to get from San Francisco to Las Vegas on the 14th? Plane ticket is 100 US and bus is cheaper, but I don't know if it's a good idea is there train? I am so glad my visa days are over !! It was such a mission to get them.I dreaded it There is an AMTRAK train from San Fran to LV but they take you by bus to the train in SF and then stop in Flagstaff Arizona and take you by bus to LV. There are no trains directly to LV. It costs $85 and takes 12 hours.Not worth it. Rather [ay a little extra take the flight.Where are you staying? Sharing with anyone? Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted November 1, 2010 at 09:40 PM Posted November 1, 2010 at 09:40 PM (edited) I've scheduled my appointment at the US Embassy to get my visa renewed next month. I hope to buy the plane ticket before the year is over. I'm going to San Francisco on march 12th to visit family there and then go to Vegas on the 14th, in your opinion what would be the best way for me to get from San Francisco to Las Vegas on the 14th? Plane ticket is 100 US and bus is cheaper, but I don't know if it's a good idea is there train? I am so glad my visa days are over !! It was such a mission to get them.I dreaded it There is an AMTRAK train from San Fran to LV but they take you by bus to the train in SF and then stop in Flagstaff Arizona and take you by bus to LV. There are no trains directly to LV. It costs $85 and takes 12 hours.Not worth it. Rather [ay a little extra take the flight.Where are you staying? Sharing with anyone? Yeap I agree, it's better to spend a little bit more on a plane ticket that only costs $105 (round trip) and it takes 1 hours and a half, than save $15 and spend 12 hours in a train/bus... There is also greyhound buses but they cost the same as the plane ticket... if you want to check it out https://www.greyhound.com/ Edited November 1, 2010 at 09:43 PM by maceta_biloxi Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
Bralo20 Posted November 2, 2010 at 03:00 PM Author Posted November 2, 2010 at 03:00 PM Fares including taxes & fees: VX (Virgin America): 114,70 USDUA (United Airlines): 114,70 USD But if you don't mind flying with an extra stop you can fly cheaper: B6 (Jetblue): 80,40 USD (flight will go from SFO to LGB where you'll take the flight to LAS) Although it can also be more expensive: DL (Delta: 125,40 USD (SFO-LAX-LAS) If you have time to spare you could take Jetblue, they are quite good and have rather cheap fares... If you want to fly direct you can fly with VX to enjoy a decent service but if you want to fly with a Star Alliance member you can take United for the same fare. Quote ...
Bellamy Posted November 5, 2010 at 02:54 PM Posted November 5, 2010 at 02:54 PM I've scheduled my appointment at the US Embassy to get my visa renewed next month. I hope to buy the plane ticket before the year is over.I have the same plan.I've made my appointment on Nov. 29. This is the earliest appointment date now. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Tyler1991 Posted November 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 12:29 AM So I'm going to try to book my room sometime in the coming weeks. I'd love to stay at Caesers but can't since I'm not 21. The closest hotel that will allow an 18 year old is the MGM Grand. I will probably end up doing that, but I'd love to do Caesers. Or something a little bit closer. Quote
Dylan Callender Posted November 8, 2010 at 12:51 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 12:51 AM So I'm going to try to book my room sometime in the coming weeks. I'd love to stay at Caesers but can't since I'm not 21. The closest hotel that will allow an 18 year old is the MGM Grand. I will probably end up doing that, but I'd love to do Caesers. Or something a little bit closer. I'm only 19, going on my own and in the same pickle! I'm booking the hilton i think, the reason being is they have the monorail there so it's quite easy to stop near caesars in the flamingo hotel. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted November 8, 2010 at 12:55 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 12:55 AM (edited) Yeah, I was thinking about the Hilton before I found out MGM allowed 18. I'm still not 100% sure yet. I'll look into that monorail thing though. It seems like it will make things easier. Looks like all these have the monorail. http://www.vegas.com/transportation/monorails.html Includes MGM. Now I'll just look at some prices. Edited November 8, 2010 at 01:00 AM by Tyler1991 Quote
Dylan Callender Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:13 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:13 AM Yeah, I was thinking about the Hilton before I found out MGM allowed 18. I'm still not 100% sure yet. I'll look into that monorail thing though. It seems like it will make things easier. Looks like all these have the monorail. http://www.vegas.com/transportation/monorails.html Includes MGM. Now I'll just look at some prices. Yeah that's what I've been doing comparing prices. When are you going?? Quote
Tyler1991 Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:25 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:25 AM I'll arrive the 14th and depart the 17th. Quote
Dylan Callender Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:31 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:31 AM I'll arrive the 14th and depart the 17th. well I've been looking for a room mate from the forum to stay with me so it makes it cheaper for me, I'm traveling from the UK and flights are pretty expensive plus my ticket was was £380, so, i did consider the imperial palace because it's really cheap but it's 21. All the 18+ hotels were quite expensive. It's only a suggestion if you want to, i will be staying from 14th - 18th but i don't mind staying 1 day on my own. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:40 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:40 AM Yeah, that'd be okay. My bank account is pretty low as it is lol. It's a good thing I can't gamble because I'd probably lose it all and have to sell my show tickets lol. Quote
Dylan Callender Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:47 AM Posted November 8, 2010 at 01:47 AM yuup me too. well my email address is dylan19@hotmail.co.uk send me an email on some hotels and I'll do some research on some too, then we can see which one will be the best for us. Quote
celinedream Posted November 9, 2010 at 05:10 PM Posted November 9, 2010 at 05:10 PM (edited) thanks Jane and Stijn for the advice, i think you're right it's better to spend a little more to have more time in Vegas I'm staying at Bally's with 2 friends from the 14th- to 18th I want to go see "O" on the 17th...but i don't want to go alone, anyone interested in joining me? Edited November 9, 2010 at 05:10 PM by celinedream Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Dylan Callender Posted November 9, 2010 at 06:57 PM Posted November 9, 2010 at 06:57 PM thanks Jane and Stijn for the advice, i think you're right it's better to spend a little more to have more time in Vegas I'm staying at Bally's with 2 friends from the 14th- to 18th I want to go see "O" on the 17th...but i don't want to go alone, anyone interested in joining me? I would love to go and see that. Roughly how much is it and do you buy the tickets online or there? Quote
nuts2you Posted November 9, 2010 at 09:22 PM Posted November 9, 2010 at 09:22 PM me to, Ive always wanted to see that as well. It will be the only night I have free. Quote
celinedream Posted November 9, 2010 at 11:13 PM Posted November 9, 2010 at 11:13 PM prices for O range from 93 - 150 USD http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/o/t.../las-vegas.aspx Send me PM in case you're interested Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Celinex Posted November 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM Posted November 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM I'm planning on going to see the new show either mid april or june next year.I stayed at the Mirage last time I went in 2007.I'm looking on staying either the Caesars Palace or the Mirage.Just looking for the best deals.Will be flying from the UK. Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted November 18, 2010 at 07:25 PM Posted November 18, 2010 at 07:25 PM I'm seriously reconsidering staying at Caesar's. The Wynn, or encore, or Aria look amazing! Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
nuts2you Posted November 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM Posted November 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM Thought I past this along to everyone http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/2...hs-name-change/ Quote
Claudette Posted November 24, 2010 at 06:25 AM Posted November 24, 2010 at 06:25 AM I see there are a lot of specials going on this time of year. I think I might go with SAA afterall. How special their prices are, I'm not sure though... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
ennostiel Posted November 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM Posted November 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM Yeah, noone knows... I'll soon be scheduling my appointment to get my visa to the US, sometime in December. They should give it to me without any problems, or at least that's what I'm hoping for Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
celinedream Posted November 25, 2010 at 04:14 PM Posted November 25, 2010 at 04:14 PM My visa was approved , and to celebrate I bought my plane ticket, I arrive to LV on the 12th at noon . I'm so happy Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Bralo20 Posted November 25, 2010 at 04:17 PM Author Posted November 25, 2010 at 04:17 PM My visa was approved , and to celebrate I bought my plane ticket, I arrive to LV on the 12th at noon . I'm so happy Do you need a Visa to visit the US from Mexico? Quote ...
celinedream Posted November 25, 2010 at 04:22 PM Posted November 25, 2010 at 04:22 PM My visa was approved , and to celebrate I bought my plane ticket, I arrive to LV on the 12th at noon . I'm so happy Do you need a Visa to visit the US from Mexico? Yeah, it's not very nice of our neighbor to do this but the USA requests visas for all Mexican citizens Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Bralo20 Posted November 26, 2010 at 09:53 AM Author Posted November 26, 2010 at 09:53 AM Yeah, it's not very nice of our neighbor to do this but the USA requests visas for all Mexican citizens I always thought that you could go to the USA for holidays but apparently I'm wrong That reminds me that I need to go to our townhall and order myself a new passport, my old one is expiring in the beginning of 2011... Quote ...
KimboCosmo Posted November 27, 2010 at 12:27 AM Posted November 27, 2010 at 12:27 AM My visa was approved , and to celebrate I bought my plane ticket, I arrive to LV on the 12th at noon . I'm so happy Do you need a Visa to visit the US from Mexico? Yeah, it's not very nice of our neighbor to do this but the USA requests visas for all Mexican citizens Same with American citizens going to Canada! I'm still dealing with visa crap until my landed immigrant status comes through! So stupid! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
angelil78 Posted November 27, 2010 at 05:42 PM Posted November 27, 2010 at 05:42 PM I'm booking my flight ticket next week I'm flying, Iceland- Boston- Las Vegas and back home Las Vegas- NYC- Iceland. I can't wait!!! It's gonan cost a US$1000 tough but it's gonna be so much worth it!! Quote
Tyler1991 Posted November 27, 2010 at 09:19 PM Posted November 27, 2010 at 09:19 PM I still need to sort out all my stuff. Ugh... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.