celinedream Posted November 29, 2010 at 03:50 PM Posted November 29, 2010 at 03:50 PM My visa was approved , and to celebrate I bought my plane ticket, I arrive to LV on the 12th at noon . I'm so happy Do you need a Visa to visit the US from Mexico? Yeah, it's not very nice of our neighbor to do this but the USA requests visas for all Mexican citizens Same with American citizens going to Canada! I'm still dealing with visa crap until my landed immigrant status comes through! So stupid! NAFTA countries have a lot to learn from the EU Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
angelil78 Posted November 29, 2010 at 08:30 PM Posted November 29, 2010 at 08:30 PM I am soooo happy that I don't need that Visa crap. I mean I have to give out my passport number and apply for visa when I buy the flight ticket but they never deny anyone except if they have some record of some kind.. I am not a big fan of Schengen. So easy for criminals to travel I think.. but I have to admit that it's nice to drive between countries in Europe without worrying about passports and stuff Quote
Bralo20 Posted November 30, 2010 at 09:58 AM Author Posted November 30, 2010 at 09:58 AM I am soooo happy that I don't need that Visa crap. I mean I have to give out my passport number and apply for visa when I buy the flight ticket but they never deny anyone except if they have some record of some kind.. I am not a big fan of Schengen. So easy for criminals to travel I think.. but I have to admit that it's nice to drive between countries in Europe without worrying about passports and stuff The Visa Waiver Program is just ideal for members of participating countries. You'll only need to have a valid international passport, apply through ESTA and travel... Regarding Schengen: It made travel much easier and while you can think that it is easier for criminals I don't think it did change much for them. There are so many roads in Europe and not every road had border patrol nor was it sufficient protected. I remember that we drove outside Belgium back in the old days when the border patrol was still present and it was just a big joke. Even throught the big roads we never ever were forced to stop nor to give our ID cards to check. As long as you looked normal you just could do what you want. If you wanted to smuggle you just needed to take a back road and you were able to cross borders without a fuss. Quote ...
angelil78 Posted November 30, 2010 at 06:58 PM Posted November 30, 2010 at 06:58 PM Ok you got a point there.Maybe it's just more different for us in Iceland since we are an island. Now we get lots of criminals here (not that we didn't have our own ) When I lived in Denmark, we used to go to Germany a lot and smuggle stuff in, like food, beer and it was kinda easy And that was before schengen. But we once got stopped between Austria and Germany because they thought we were from Israel (Icelandic code is IS) Quote
ladylindsey Posted December 1, 2010 at 02:17 PM Posted December 1, 2010 at 02:17 PM Prices will go up on hotels after the first of the new year? Quote
Claudette Posted December 1, 2010 at 03:16 PM Posted December 1, 2010 at 03:16 PM I'm wondering the same thing. Some people say I should wait with airline tickets because there are always specials after Christmas, but I don't know, I'm getting a bit anxious... Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
angelil78 Posted December 5, 2010 at 05:51 PM Posted December 5, 2010 at 05:51 PM I have bought my flight tickets to Las Vegas I will arrive at 9 pm on March 11th Quote
Bralo20 Posted December 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM Author Posted December 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM I will arrive at 9 pm on March 11th I arrive the same day but arround 19h30 if everything goes OK... The last time I flew to Vegas my flight ex-IAD was delayed for 4 hours and I arrived past midnight Quote ...
Bralo20 Posted December 10, 2010 at 08:12 AM Author Posted December 10, 2010 at 08:12 AM Tip: If one wants to rent a rental car in Las Vegas you should check out the German sites of the best known rental agencies. It appears that the German sites are a bit cheaper then the other sites. For example, I rented this car for Vegas: Rental Agency: DOLLAR (through Dollar.de)Type: Standard SUVCar: Jeep Grand CherokeeDate: 11 till 21 March 2011Price: 413 EUR (+/- 540 USD) The price includes all the insurances, extra drivers and a full tank of gas... Quote ...
Der_Griffon Posted December 12, 2010 at 03:41 PM Posted December 12, 2010 at 03:41 PM So, I also got my VISA and now I can focus on planning the big trip! I'm so excited!I'm coming with my boyfriend and we have a flight to NY on the 11th, then we're flying to LV on the 14th, going to CA (hopefully Palm Springs) on the 18th and back to Germany from LA on the 25th! Yay! I'm so happy! Quote http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg March 15th and 16th 2011, Las VegasThank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!
Koolan Posted December 15, 2010 at 05:28 AM Posted December 15, 2010 at 05:28 AM I finally booked my plane tickets for March 12. I'll be there in the afternoon. I don't want to risk the prices increasing if I wait any longer...it was stressing me out for the past few weeks. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
celinedream Posted December 15, 2010 at 09:17 PM Posted December 15, 2010 at 09:17 PM has anyone ever used a limo to go from the airport to the hotel? Is it very expensive/worth it? Any companies you recommend? Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
apollo28 Posted December 15, 2010 at 09:55 PM Posted December 15, 2010 at 09:55 PM im doing it this time. i just wanted to try it out. i booked it one expedia for 68 cdn. its a bit too much money but i just wanted to try it. Quote
nuts2you Posted December 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM Posted December 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM I finally booked my plane tickets for March 12. I'll be there in the afternoon. I don't want to risk the prices increasing if I wait any longer...it was stressing me out for the past few weeks. I will be arriving at 5pm.on the 12th..CY there, Quote
ennostiel Posted December 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM Posted December 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM (edited) I got my US visa today!! For 10 years! So I'm coming on March 13th, it's 100% sure now!!! Edited December 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM by ennostiel Quote Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
Alex_Incognito Posted December 20, 2010 at 03:39 PM Posted December 20, 2010 at 03:39 PM Jimea, it would be in the $100 range. Probably not worth it when you can take a shuttle for $12. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Bralo20 Posted December 21, 2010 at 05:34 PM Author Posted December 21, 2010 at 05:34 PM Just booked my hotel through VIP Services at New York New York: Check-in: March 14Check-out: March 19 Price: 35 USD / night for an upgraded room It's not free but cheap enough Quote ...
Koolan Posted January 13, 2011 at 04:09 AM Posted January 13, 2011 at 04:09 AM Any good deals for a 4 star hotel, preferably within walking distance for the 12th and 13th? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
celinefanonline Posted January 13, 2011 at 08:40 AM Posted January 13, 2011 at 08:40 AM i booked my hotel through Expedia from 14th to 18thonly 490 for Trump International Hotel! you guys should check expedia out they got special now for march! Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Claudette Posted January 13, 2011 at 08:58 AM Posted January 13, 2011 at 08:58 AM Oh wow thanks for the tip. There are loads of specials and stuff. Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Shesings2me Posted January 13, 2011 at 11:36 AM Posted January 13, 2011 at 11:36 AM So, I also got my VISA and now I can focus on planning the big trip! I'm so excited!I'm coming with my boyfriend and we have a flight to NY on the 11th, then we're flying to LV on the 14th, going to CA (hopefully Palm Springs) on the 18th and back to Germany from LA on the 25th! Yay! I'm so happy! Sounds great!! Are you guys coming to the Fan Meeting Lunch? Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
smw Posted January 13, 2011 at 10:30 PM Posted January 13, 2011 at 10:30 PM (edited) I've got my trip all planned out and paid for. And it was EXPENSIVE. But I'm gonna soak it in! I'm staying at the LUXOR. I'm going to the premiere. And I'm gonna take in a couple Cirque shows. It was the flight costs that killed me…but I know I shouldn't complain too much since many of you are coming from other countries! Edited January 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM by smw Quote
Koolan Posted January 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM Posted January 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM i booked my hotel through Expedia from 14th to 18thonly 490 for Trump International Hotel! you guys should check expedia out they got special now for march!That hotel offers the best bang for the buck. We're also staying at the Trump and a few nights at the Bellagio. I think Expedia doesn't allow cancellations, right? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
ladylindsey Posted January 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM Posted January 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM so are you guys calling and talking with these hotels? because I'm checking online rates and it's not what you guys have quoted- not nearly! Quote
Koolan Posted January 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM Posted January 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM Booked Trump through vegas.com and Bellagio through their own site with a promo code. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
celinedream Posted January 14, 2011 at 04:38 PM Posted January 14, 2011 at 04:38 PM im staying at IP from 12-16 but i need to book a hotel for 16th-18th...how much was Bellagio Vic, if you don't mind me asking? Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Claudette Posted January 14, 2011 at 07:47 PM Posted January 14, 2011 at 07:47 PM Where is the best place to sit in a plane, especially for a veeeeeery long flight. It is still 2 months away and I'm already a nervous wreck about this flying thing. 23 HOURS!!! Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
ladylindsey Posted January 14, 2011 at 07:55 PM Posted January 14, 2011 at 07:55 PM (edited) window seat! At least, it was for me on our trip to Europe this year- if you know the person sitting next to you. If it's just you then maybe the aisle seat next to the window seat. Matthew has really long legs, so it works out for us- I like sitting by the window but he gets cramped up over there. Jeez I would love to stay at Caesars Palace. It's a difference of about $1,000. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I mean I know why, but whyyyyyy? Edited January 14, 2011 at 08:06 PM by ladylindsey Quote
Claudette Posted January 14, 2011 at 08:07 PM Posted January 14, 2011 at 08:07 PM (edited) We were just talking about that. We are three, so I don't know how that is gonna work. I think we are gonna get two seats next to each other by the window, and another window seat behind or in front. I don't want to sit in the middle where there are three seats next to each other. A window seat just makes things a bit easier, especially if you get air sick and stuff. Is it better to sit at the front, middle or at the back. Somebody told me that it is better to sit at the door. Edited January 14, 2011 at 08:10 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
ladylindsey Posted January 14, 2011 at 08:17 PM Posted January 14, 2011 at 08:17 PM (edited) We always sit right above the wing. Our travel agents have always said it was safer and better but I'm not sure why hahah.Google tels me because it's stronger and turbulence isn't so bad bc it's the center of gravity for the plane... I didn't mind it. I sat in the back, in the middle of 5 center seats on my first flight to Europe. Anything is better than that haha.I've always thought the back was loud and bumpier. Edited January 14, 2011 at 08:20 PM by ladylindsey Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.