Jump to content

Hotels and Flights


Recommended Posts

Posted
sounds good, but they are charging extra for wifi wtf?!

 

Most of the hotels are indeed charging for WiFi, not only in Vegas though... However, when an hotel in Vegas charges a "resort fee" it will most lilkely includes WiFi.

The fee for "high speed" internet is something about 10 & 15 USD per 24h in Vegas.

 

I don't mind paying for WiFi because I'm used to it when I travel, but if you don't like paying for it just take your laptop to a McDo's for example where they have free WiFi.

...
Posted

yeah and there is a McD's close to the Imperial Palace if people don't want to pay!

 

last time I stayed at IP (summer of 2007? I think?) they did charge for wifi.

Posted
Well but if it is possible to go to McD's or some other restaurant/cafe outsid the hotel to use WiFi free of charge, then it's hardly a problem :)

Ce n'est qu'en te croisant

Que j'ai su, j'ai compris...

 

Elle

Est mon ideal

La plus grande etoile

Et je veux ressembler

A son portrait fidele...

Celine pour toujours. <3

Posted

For the first week:

 

Group Rate at Imperial Hotel:

$45 per room per night.

 

Directly across from Caesars Palace.

Rooms overlooking the Colosseum.

Deluxe Rooms with either one king or two queen beds.

 

I have not booked them yet as I would like to know how many we need first.

 

So who's interested?

 

 

count me in..

Posted
If you book the rooms at a group rate, how do you get paid from each individual? Don't you need the $$$ prior to making the reservation to reserve the room(s) for all dates requested? I booked at the Flamingo, which is right next door for $55/night without a group rate. I cannot wait to see our "Canadian Songbird" back on the Colosseum Stage :whistling:
Posted

I haven't worked out those details yet. Most likely I will make the reservations and everyone will have to call to give a credit card number to secure their room.

 

We'll see.

Posted
I think to book all the rooms under one name is going to be difficult, now that the IP is available people should start making reservation before it's all booked up. Vegas will be crazy that week.
Posted

I definitely want to stay with the group, but don't know all my details yet....school ended today so within the next few weeks I'll try to sort some stuff out.

 

I'm going to the shows on the 15th and 16th. I'll probably want to leave on the 17th and arrive either on the 14th or early 15th. Not sure yet....

Posted

to cheerfuljane; I have a question is there going to be anyone choices of hotels to chose from, so that we can stay as a group..instead of just one.

 

one more thing to everyone:: when is everyone going to start to find or book airfares, to Lv..???

Posted (edited)

I'm only making one group booking at one hotel, but there are many people staying at different hotels so I am gonna put a list together and call the hotels to put those rooms together. Only for those people that want to participate of course.

 

I am only booking my flights in December or January, but I'm only coming from Texas :D

I'm considering driving too. Dunno, we'll see.

Edited by Cheerfuljane
Posted
What does "not that expensive" mean? And what are the prices in Flamingo? Is it possible to find something on the Strip for less than $40 a night for one person? Maybe some girls from here would like to join me and share a room, I'll be coming alone :)

 

 

I was getting ready to post something to that . I would be willing to share a room with you if you want to. PARTY ON CELINE FANS.

 

Hello All Fellow Celine Fans,

I just wanted to let you know that being a diamond player at the harrahs properties has its benifits come to showtime...I am willing to help you all in getting my diamond rates at the properties... ex: harrahs, ballys, paris, Imperial palace, rio, flamingo, planet hollywood, and of course caesars...diamond rates are usually very minimal cost PM me personally and i can give u prices on your dates that you come off of my calendar and book them for you then send you confirmation number which u will be able to confirm yourself if u call the hotel...all you will need is to see me upon checkin so i can get you into the room and put up a credit card at the front desk when u arrive....you will pay the diamond rate when u arrive at the front desk NO MONEY NEEDS TO BE EXCHANGED...all i will be is your booking agent sort of speak so u can get my diamond player rate.....see you all real soon :) <3

"Lfe is too short to wake up with regrets. So believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life was easy. They just promised it would be worth it"
Posted
Who has stayed at the Flamingo before??

What is your opinion of it?

 

Reposting my Flamingo review....hehe!

 

 

Has anyone try the Flamingo. I hear that is nice as well. not sure on $$$$ thought.

 

I stayed at the Flamingo 2 weeks ago when I was in Vegas - from March 9-11, 2010 for 2 nights.

I wrote an extensive hotel & room review on Trip Advisor (a great hotel review website written by travelers)

Review Here

 

I booked the room on Expedia.ca & it was $63 USD/night (incl. taxes) in their Deluxe (regular) room with 2 queen beds.

I figure it should be around the same price for 2011 - give or take a few dollars more based on inflation.

 

Also uploaded a few pics to my Photobucket of the room & property itself... but only exterior

Photos Here

 

Flamingo also have "GO Rooms", which are more modern & nicer looking...but girly colour as it's hot pink! :giggle:

They ran about $100 USD/night during the same time period I was there.

There is a 42" flat-screen tv with CD/DVD player & iPod compatibility and the washroom has a nice stand-up shower & sink mirror with mini-tv.

dont seem very expensive right? with a normal salary, the money just where and how much can get expensive stay in a hotel for 3 days?

Posted
What does "not that expensive" mean? And what are the prices in Flamingo? Is it possible to find something on the Strip for less than $40 a night for one person? Maybe some girls from here would like to join me and share a room, I'll be coming alone :)

 

 

I was getting ready to post something to that . I would be willing to share a room with you if you want to. PARTY ON CELINE FANS.

 

Hello All Fellow Celine Fans,

I just wanted to let you know that being a diamond player at the harrahs properties has its benifits come to showtime...I am willing to help you all in getting my diamond rates at the properties... ex: harrahs, ballys, paris, Imperial palace, rio, flamingo, planet hollywood, and of course caesars...diamond rates are usually very minimal cost PM me personally and i can give u prices on your dates that you come off of my calendar and book them for you then send you confirmation number which u will be able to confirm yourself if u call the hotel...all you will need is to see me upon checkin so i can get you into the room and put up a credit card at the front desk when u arrive....you will pay the diamond rate when u arrive at the front desk NO MONEY NEEDS TO BE EXCHANGED...all i will be is your booking agent sort of speak so u can get my diamond player rate.....see you all real soon :) <3

 

 

thats fine and dainy, but can u helps us for a group rate as well. How about a night club afterward.. can u help us there as well. WE all want to stay together as a group..

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I'll be interested in the IP offer, cheerfuljane! :)

There's gonna be four of us, so I dunno if that counts as one room or two, or what?

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg

 

March 15th and 16th 2011, Las Vegas

Thank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!

Posted

You can have 4 in 1 room. There will be 2 queen size beds, so as long as you don't mind sharing beds, you'll be fine.

That's what we've always done in the past.

 

Some people even brought sleeping bags and slept on the floor. It just saves you so much money.

You won't spend much time in your rooms anyway. There are just too many fun things to do. The only problem with a lot of people in 1 room is that you have to share 1 bathroom, so work on a schedule in advance. Especially for the evening times when you're getting ready for the show.

 

The final hotel details will be up by Monday :D

Posted (edited)
I definitely want to stay with the group, but don't know all my details yet....school ended today so within the next few weeks I'll try to sort some stuff out.

 

I'm going to the shows on the 15th and 16th. I'll probably want to leave on the 17th and arrive either on the 14th or early 15th. Not sure yet....

We have the same schedule, lol. I want to get in the day before so I am not so tired the day of show. March 14th - March 17th. And I will stay at either IP or Flamingo.

Edited by Edwin
Posted (edited)

Cheerfuljane...the IP offer sounds great! Count me and my 2 friends in for one room with two beds...

 

We will be arriving in Vegas on Monday the 14th and leaving on Thursday the 17th...

Edited by mickle07
Posted (edited)

I'm probably going to stay at MGM Signature. I've checked the rates on the website of THEhotel and they are a bit to high for what you get... So I checked out MGM Signature (which is also closer to Caesars) and the rates are good, even for the one bedroom suite... But since I don't like to pay the full price I placed a call to VIP services at MGM to get at least the casino rate for players (I have a Playersclub account with plenty of (free) offers) but I need to call back in a couple of weeks, their new system is only going to December 2010 for the moment... Oh well, if the rate is fine I won't mind calling again later :lol:

 

So my schedule (90% certainty)

 

Hotel: Signature @ MGM Grand

Arrival: March 12, 2011

Departure: March 19, 2011

 

If I can find a decent airfare with United Airlines I'm happy :icon_mrgreen:

 

Signature is one of the few hotels with balcony's on the room :bananadance:

Edited by Bralo20
...
Posted
Damn... I would love to stay at Skylofts @ MGM Grand but with a tag of 900 USD a night it's a bit out of my league :( But damn, those rooms are nice :wub:
...
Posted (edited)
You can have 4 in 1 room. There will be 2 queen size beds, so as long as you don't mind sharing beds, you'll be fine.

That's what we've always done in the past.

 

Some people even brought sleeping bags and slept on the floor. It just saves you so much money.

You won't spend much time in your rooms anyway. There are just too many fun things to do. The only problem with a lot of people in 1 room is that you have to share 1 bathroom, so work on a schedule in advance. Especially for the evening times when you're getting ready for the show.

 

The final hotel details will be up by Monday :D

 

Oh, we definitely don't mind sharing, so count us in with he whole group! :)

That's gonna be so much fun being in one hotel with most of you guys, can't wait!

We're gonna be there from the 14th to the 16th., so that makes three nights.

Edited by Der_Griffon

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg

 

March 15th and 16th 2011, Las Vegas

Thank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!

Posted

The hotel is booked but it will take a few days for them to give me the booking code.

I will open a new topic with all the details when I get that code :D

Posted
That's great news! :) I'll be sharing a room with Tracey (nuts2you), and probably also CiynthiaTDL if she makes it to the premiere ;) Will you be booking rooms for us or is it gonna be done differently? If you're going to describe it all in the new topic, you don't have to answer here ;)

Ce n'est qu'en te croisant

Que j'ai su, j'ai compris...

 

Elle

Est mon ideal

La plus grande etoile

Et je veux ressembler

A son portrait fidele...

Celine pour toujours. <3

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Alright,

 

who is FOR SURE planning on staying at Caesar's? Who is with me?

 

Let's get this sorted through, shall we?

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)

Yes. Let's do it :D

 

We'll write a list of hotels.

Reply to the topic and add your forum name, first name and dates to the list.

Add your hotel if not on the list.

 

 

Caesars Palace:

 

 

Imperial Palace:

cheerfuljane - Jane (and husband, Rick) - March 14 - 18

 

Flamingo:

 

 

Treasure Island:

 

 

MGM:

Edited by Cheerfuljane
Posted
That's great news! :) I'll be sharing a room with Tracey (nuts2you), and probably also CiynthiaTDL if she makes it to the premiere ;) Will you be booking rooms for us or is it gonna be done differently? If you're going to describe it all in the new topic, you don't have to answer here ;)

 

 

Jane can you add the three of us for now, To IP thanks

Posted (edited)
Caesars Palace:

 

Ennostiel - Natasza - Dates?

nuts2you - Tracey - Dates?

CynthiaTDL - Cynthia - Dates?

 

 

Imperial Palace:

 

cheerfuljane - Jane (and husband, Rick) - March 14 - 18

 

Flamingo:

 

 

Treasure Island:

 

 

MGM:

 

 

Edited by Cheerfuljane
Posted
Alex_Incognito and brother Caesar's Palace 14 Mar - 19 march

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)
Caesars Palace:

 

Alex_Incognito and brother 14 Mar - 19 march

 

 

Imperial Palace:

 

cheerfuljane - Jane (and husband, Rick) - March 14 - 18

Ennostiel - Natasza - Dates?

nuts2you - Tracey - Dates?

CynthiaTDL - Cynthia - Dates?

 

 

Flamingo:

 

 

Treasure Island:

 

 

MGM:

 

 

Stratosphere:

 

 

Circus Circus:

 

 

 

Edited by Cheerfuljane
Posted
Bruninha_Chisholm Imperial Palace March 14-16 maybe 18th :)
Posted

Excellent :clap:

 

Caesars Palace:

 

Alex_Incognito and brother 14 Mar - 19 march

 

 

Imperial Palace:

 

cheerfuljane - Jane (and husband, Rick) - March 14 - 18

Ennostiel - Natasza - Dates?

nuts2you - Tracey - Dates?

CynthiaTDL - Cynthia - Dates?

Bruninha_Chisholm - March 14-16 maybe 18th

 

Flamingo:

 

 

Treasure Island:

 

 

MGM:

 

 

Stratosphere:

 

 

Circus Circus:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...