duchess83 Posted February 6, 2016 at 01:57 AM Posted February 6, 2016 at 01:57 AM But I just can't understand, how someone can not only be interested in the clothes Céline choose for the saddest days of her life, but also how much they cost. It really breaks my heart reading some of the comments @ Instagram. Looking into Céline's sad face and people, who call themselves fan, joyfully exchange about her wardrobe. Or choosing a picture of Celine standing beside the open casket, visible in the back, just to show her skirt and the shoes. I understand and in essence agree with what you say here. Personally I was interested in what Celine wore for these events for a simple reason: if they had any sentimental meaning, other than just being appropriate. Just as an example, for Princess Diana's funeral, Prince Charles wore a navy blue suit that upset many of her admirers. Why wasn't he in black for mourning? Finding out that it was a suit she'd bought for him during their marriage wasn't just an answer, it brought something more to the event. I don't think anyone knows any of these kind of personal facts about the items Celine wore last week, but knowing she was turned out in her finest somehow feels right. I will say that it would've been more considerate to just post pictures and information of the items, without the graphic photos from memorial and funeral. If it was my work that's what I would do. Also, there's no doubt what his source of information is. He even stole Frida's name for this thread for his account name! Sad. 2 Quote
Angel2006 Posted February 7, 2016 at 06:12 AM Posted February 7, 2016 at 06:12 AM (edited) I was thinking about the outfits Celine chose to wear for Rene's memorial and funeral and I remember that Rene had a say in what Celine would wear for appearances and things. Rene even made her change out of a yellow dress once right before doing an interview. The interviewer had to wait, while Celine changed into a blue dress instead. Even when Celine was on Le'te Indien with Julie Snyder. Celine had to go find Rene in the parking lot so that he could approved of her water skiing outfit before choosing to wear it on t.v. It was always important to Celine to get Rene's approval on her clothes. When I saw Celine's outfits for Rene's memorial and funeral, I thought that she looked old fashioned and glamorous, with the vials and everything. Kind of like a throwback to the Jackie Kennedy era. I thought to myself that maybe Rene envisioned this look for her? It just seems more like something from his time. I don't know. I could be totally wrong. I just thought that since he has always to some level had a say on alot of the things Celine would wear and he planned the whole funeral, that maybe he planned this aswell? It wouldn't surprise me at all if he helped pick the vision of the two outfits. Not every detail or anything like that. Celine or Annie might have picked the dress and shoes and jewellery, but the feel, the vibe. The idea of the vials. It just seems very Rene to me. Him and Celine are such detail oriented people. Rene really payed attention to the smallest things to make the funeral very special and romantic. Him having the idea for the vial look was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw it. I could be wrong, but that's just the feeling I have. That maybe at some point, Rene pulled Annie off to the side and expressed to her some idea's of what he wanted Celine to look like at his funeral. It could have been another effort at trying to ease her pain and one last loving gesture. Edited February 7, 2016 at 06:13 AM by Angel2006 Quote
browseceline Posted February 7, 2016 at 07:36 AM Posted February 7, 2016 at 07:36 AM I'm sorry but I'm not crazy about it. I don't think it fits her figure well at all. Just my thoughts.I completely agree with you. The fabric also looks like plastic. It does not do anything for her figure. The open arns dress was so so much more elegant, exclusive and beautiful Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Angel2006 Posted April 10, 2016 at 07:05 AM Posted April 10, 2016 at 07:05 AM I know that this is pretty much an impossible question to answer, but I was wondering if anyone knows who the designers of these two jeans are? I know it's hard to judge from these photos alone, but I'm hoping that someone might know the answer? The first pic is from the 2008 Plains De Abraham concert in Quebec. Celine also performed in the jeans and outfit that she is wearing in the second picture. It was when she was doing promotion for the On Ne Change Pas album in 2005. I think she was in Paris at the time and she also did a photoshoot that shows more of the jeans. Celine paired them with studded, knee high black boots. I think these are some of my top favorite jeans I have ever seen Celine wear over the years. They fit her to perfection! I would love to be able to purchase them somewhere. I know they are probably way over my budget and probably aren't ever available to buy anymore. Quote
empress Posted April 10, 2016 at 08:27 PM Posted April 10, 2016 at 08:27 PM I would love it if someone who knew fashion and had access to pics of Celine would pic up this thread again. I so miss seeing all the wonderful clothes she wears. This was my favorite subject. For instance, since she came back, maybe after Rene's death, she is wearing some new costumes/gowns on her show...Just sayin' Quote
nuts2you Posted April 10, 2016 at 08:29 PM Posted April 10, 2016 at 08:29 PM I was on IG but not sure what ever happen to that, anymore Quote
Angel2006 Posted April 11, 2016 at 07:04 AM Posted April 11, 2016 at 07:04 AM I also miss this topic. I try my best to find Celine's fashions, but I'm not very good at it. I don't know how people can find all the designs that Celine wears. Especially when it comes to jewellery and shoes. When Celine was on Let'e Indien, she was wearing a grey tank top from Revolve.com I wonder if she has any other items from that online shop? Some of there stuff is a little pricey, but it's not to bad for the most part. I think it would be so cool if someone on here who knows alot about fashion could create a topic on this forum that would be totally dedicated on how to get Celine's looks. Whenever Celine's wears something I often wonder how I can own it myself? I know that everything Celine wears is way over my budget, but it would still be really cool to know where to purchase certain items. If there were ever a point where she wears something that's somewhat affordable, it would be nice to know I could have the option of purchasing it. LOL. I think I remember that the grey tank top, with the black lips on it that Celine purchased on the revolve site was $70.00 If we paired all of Celine's casual wear into a topic and posted where to purchase them, I think that would be something really cool and fun. Even if there wasn't anyone on this forum actually buying the items it would still be a really interesting and fun topic. 1 Quote
empress Posted April 11, 2016 at 04:27 PM Posted April 11, 2016 at 04:27 PM I just love seeing beautiful clothes, shoes, etc......It is fun to see what brands she is currently wearing "in her closet"! Quote
nuts2you Posted May 8, 2016 at 03:16 PM Posted May 8, 2016 at 03:16 PM Well I do hope in the coming weeks that the thread will have some life back into it Does anyone know where frida went to , we miss her, Quote
Angel2006 Posted May 8, 2016 at 08:45 PM Posted May 8, 2016 at 08:45 PM (edited) For some reason I am having trouble uploading pictures. My computer is acting up at the moment. I just wanted to post that the black, lace jumpsuit that Celine was pictured wearing in her recent Alix Malka photoshoot is Balmain. I saw some pictures online of Alessandra Ambrosio wearing the same outfit, but paired with a belt. I did a little more research from there and found out on google that it's a Balmain Jumpsuit. Just tried to upload something else I wanted to share with everyone, but still no luck. Anyways. Cindy Crawford is on the latest issue of Edit Magazine, wearing the same black lace jumpsuit from Celine's photoshoot! If anyone's interested they can google it. It really is an awesome jumpsuit. Totally not wearable in the real word, but great for a high fashion photoshoot. Edited May 8, 2016 at 08:54 PM by Angel2006 Quote
empress Posted May 9, 2016 at 05:17 PM Posted May 9, 2016 at 05:17 PM Someone HELP!! I can't do it as I am a technology bumbler!! I rarely come to the forum itself anymore because the stuff I was interested in is no longer being updated. I know, I sound like a whiner, but I love the fashion! I am praying someone picks it up. It is so lovely and interesting. Quote
nuts2you Posted May 9, 2016 at 08:09 PM Posted May 9, 2016 at 08:09 PM https://www.instagram.com/thecelinishcloset/ Guys you an follow here 1 Quote
duchess83 Posted May 13, 2016 at 03:34 AM Posted May 13, 2016 at 03:34 AM https://www.instagra...celinishcloset/ Guys you an follow here Several of us discussed this account just a few messages ago. It's tacky, it stole Frida's idea and work without giving her credit, it exploited images of Celine in her recent grief, and personally I won't follow it. 1 Quote
drove all night Posted May 13, 2016 at 06:18 AM Posted May 13, 2016 at 06:18 AM (edited) Several of us discussed this account just a few messages ago. It's tacky, it stole Frida's idea and work without giving her credit, it exploited images of Celine in her recent grief, and personally I won't follow it. Perfectly said. I won't follow too. It's disgusting how that special person acted. He even met Céline telling her about "his" Celinish closet - I'm pretty sure he didn't mention Frida there either. For me he ruined that wonderful thread. And who knows - maybe that's the reason why Frida didn't come back ... :-( Edited May 13, 2016 at 06:20 AM by drove all night Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted May 13, 2016 at 01:38 PM Posted May 13, 2016 at 01:38 PM Debora and I are pleased to announce we are opening a Facebook group for all things Céline fashion! We have been doing this for the past year and finally wanted to share with you. We already have the new outfit Céline wore with Marie for her new interview. Come now to see the findings of Céline's fashion! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1081294071916919/?fref=ts 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
ehild Posted May 14, 2016 at 12:58 PM Posted May 14, 2016 at 12:58 PM Ditto Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Davey84 Posted May 23, 2016 at 04:51 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 04:51 PM http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/9fa26ab1e1a46b50bbb0950661ab9f9f.jpg 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
takeachance Posted May 23, 2016 at 06:32 PM Posted May 23, 2016 at 06:32 PM i used to love this thread..... wheres Frida !! 2 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
drove all night Posted July 31, 2016 at 07:17 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 07:17 PM Such a pitty that this thread lost it's positive power and leads a sad existence .... At least here's a picture of Céline's jewelry in New York. Maybe someone knows the designers ... 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 31, 2016 at 07:32 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 07:32 PM Kinda weird that this section has died while Celine is on top of the game right now... Shame Kev x 3 Quote
Katie Posted July 31, 2016 at 08:44 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 08:44 PM Kinda weird that this section has died while Celine is on top of the game right now... Shame Kev x https://www.instagram.com/thecelinishcloset/ 1 Quote
MissHillCountry Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:01 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:01 PM https://www.instagram.com/thecelinishcloset/ I am sorry, but the person who runs celinish closet on Instagram is nothing more than a copy cat. He blatantly stole and plageurized Frida's and other people's work and passed it as his own. Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:01 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:01 PM https://www.instagra...celinishcloset/ Waaaa that's impressive this blog / website. :clap: Is it someone of the forum ? Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:02 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:02 PM https://www.instagram.com/thecelinishcloset/ WoW never knew this existed! Kev x Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:11 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:11 PM Yes, don't follow thecelinishcloset on Instagram. They stole frida's mountages/picand claimed them as their own. Debora and I have been running a Célinish closet on Facebook... We've been doing this since May and we have 136 members so far, we'd love for more to join! We usually find her outfits quick! Here's the link to our group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1081294071916919?tsid=0.9868239657953382&source=typeahead 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Angel2006 Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:13 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:13 PM (edited) Why don't people post here anymore? Just because there is a Celinishcloset instagram page and a page about Celine's fashion on facebook, doesn't mean people can't also post about Celine's fashion on the forum. I don't get it. Surely Frida can't be the only person on this forum remotely interested in fashion. I hope people continue to post here. It would suck if this topic went up in flames. Edited July 31, 2016 at 09:14 PM by Angel2006 1 Quote
LukeD Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:14 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:14 PM (edited) I hope the millions of dollars spent on these rings don't take offense, but I really dislike such big rings! I think smaller, more elegant accessories work better on Celine. Edited July 31, 2016 at 09:16 PM by LukeD Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:18 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:18 PM (edited) Why don't people post here anymore? Just because there is a Celinishcloset instagram page and a page about Celine's fashion on facebook, doesn't mean people can't also post about Celine's fashion on the forum. I don't get it. Surely Frida can't be the only person on this forum remotely interested in fashion. I hope people continue to post here. It would suck if this topic went up in flames. Exactly...other fan talent in the fashion industry is greatly appreciated by us Other fans Kev x Edited July 31, 2016 at 09:31 PM by Peppercorn1991 Quote
québecflower Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:38 PM Posted July 31, 2016 at 09:38 PM Yes, don't follow thecelinishcloset on Instagram. They stole frida's mountages/picand claimed them as their own. Debora and I have been running a Célinish closet on Facebook... We've been doing this since May and we have 136 members so far, we'd love for more to join! We usually find her outfits quick! Here's the link to our group: https://m.facebook.c...ource=typeaheadi asked to join, thanks.. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.