rodrigo_alka Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:43 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:43 AM SO PERFECT !! LOVE IT... LOVE IT Quote http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/celine_dion.jpg .......I want you to need me........
Bellamy Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:47 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:47 AM thanks a lot, hopefully we can get a high quality vid tomorrow or something. We need more people like you on here unlike some (mods) who keep everything to themselves hehehWho are you implying? Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Lawna Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:50 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:50 AM I couldn't help but buy the video from iTunes...it was an incredible performance and Celine just looked so amazing! Plus, it's for a good cause! So if you can, purchase it too! Let's help fight poverty around the world! Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
MTJ Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:50 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:50 AM haha I love her little mic drop near the end. shes so awsome Quote
winforlife Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:51 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:51 AM Sarah,Céline sounds so clear on your video. When I taped the performance her voice seemed drowned out by the orchestra......thanks for putting it on Youtube so quickly Again, it was exciting to hear the audience go wild The black outfit was so sexy I am curious what the critics will say about the performance Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
celinerific Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:51 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:51 AM thanks a lot, hopefully we can get a high quality vid tomorrow or something. We need more people like you on here unlike some (mods) who keep everything to themselves heheh I wanna be a mod... Only a dream. All I ever have are scans and Canadian Celine stuff. We already have like five Canadians on here... or something. Anyhooooo. Yeppp, can't wait for an HQ vid! Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
kdw123 Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:53 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:53 AM Wow! That was so amazing!!! Celine sounded and looked so good! Fantastic! We love you Celine! Thanks for giving us a great performance! Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:53 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:53 AM grr iTunes is being annoying...I can`t seem to dl it Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
DianaLuts Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:54 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:54 AM what part of the show did they air it? closer to the end? Quote
celinerific Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:54 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:54 AM (edited) I couldn't help but buy the video from iTunes...it was an incredible performance and Celine just looked so amazing! Plus, it's for a good cause! So if you can, purchase it too! Let's help fight poverty around the world!I'm too poor to fight poverty... I can't even fight my own poverty. I try.My poverty is from getting magazines (with Celine stuff) to scan for you poeple and getting Celine stuff. Donating to the Celine so that the Celine can donate to the other poverty people. Confused? That's okay. Edited April 26, 2007 at 02:54 AM by celinerific Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
winforlife Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:55 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:55 AM grr iTunes is being annoying...I can`t seem to dl it I wouldn't be surprised if the system can't handle so many people downloading the performance Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
Koolan Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:55 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:55 AM grr iTunes is being annoying...I can`t seem to dl it They removed the video from iTunes, it was probably put up by mistake in the first place. what part of the show did they air it? closer to the end?like an hour and 30min into the show Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
celinerific Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:56 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:56 AM Sarah,Céline sounds so clear on your video. When I taped the performance her voice seemed drowned out by the orchestra......thanks for putting it on Youtube so quickly Again, it was exciting to hear the audience go wild The black outfit was so sexy I am curious what the critics will say about the performance I can't get them now, my friend. I have to wait 'til tomorrow. Bare with me. Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
rodrigo_alka Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:57 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 02:57 AM thanx sara !!! you are so cool !! Quote http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/celine_dion.jpg .......I want you to need me........
Ted Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:00 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:00 AM (edited) That was perfect. Celine looked amazing and sounded great Celine, you did us fans proud Edited April 26, 2007 at 03:10 AM by Ted Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
celinerific Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:01 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:01 AM (edited) American Idol, making the world a better place. Sounds odd, doesn't it? Because for a show that turns product placement into low art, a show that revels in humiliation, materialism and parochialism, Idol connotes "global philanthropy" in the same way Paris Hilton connotes "chaste virtue." Mind you, last week's expulsion of Sanjaya Malakar did feel charitable. And holy cornflake moonbeams, Paula is actually making sense, so there's that. But still. Given the show's influence and vast fortune – according to one estimate, the franchise as worth more than $2.5 billion (U.S.) – imagine what Idol could do if a conscience was to ripen atop its well-rooted capitalist tree. Well, imagine no more. Television's most powerful brand will temporarily rebrand itself with a two-night extravaganza that promises to meld the show's vapid karaoke vibe with a newfound spirit of altruism. No, this doesn't mean American Idol will donate $1 to artemisinin-based combination therapies every time Randy uses the word "dawg." Though if it did, we could surely eradicate malaria by 2009. What it does mean is Idol Gives Back (Fox, CTV, 8 tonight and tomorrow), a "historic television event" that's part concert, part fundraiser, part new trick, part same old. Let's parse this in reverse order. The same old: the Top 6 finalists will perform tonight. After they sing "Life Anthems," you, the viewer, will be encouraged to vote for your favourite. The new trick: for every vote, corporate sponsors will donate an undisclosed sum to various charities that are fighting extreme poverty in Africa and America. The fundraiser: viewers can also donate via phone, the Web and, for fusty traditionalists, the post office. The concert: the show will broadcast live tomorrow from the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, where Ellen DeGeneres will emcee the proceedings. And as confirmed yesterday, Bono – Bono! – will take part in Wednesday's show to discuss his charitable work in Africa. The Top 6 will also sing "American Prayer," a song co-written by the U2 front man. Other scheduled guests (note: there could be changes) for Idol Gives Back include: Jack Black, Helen Mirren, Annie Lennox, Gwen Stefani, Daniel Radcliffe, Sacha Baron Cohen, Michael Bublé, Teri Hatcher, Brad Garrett, Brian McKnight, Rowan Atkinson, Helena Bonham Carter, Forest Whitaker, Keira Knightley, Hugh Grant, Céline Dion, Pink, Earth, Wind & Fire, and Il Divo. Céline Dion on American Idol? We don't see that everyday. Generous as she may be, will she be able to pull it off with the amazing Elvis replica? Come to think of it. Hmmm. Does Hatcher know Ryan Seacrest still works for Idol? And isn't there some kind of international treaty that prohibits Harry Potter, Borat and Mr. Bean from appearing on the same show? Continuing: Josh Groban will perform with the African Children's Choir. Quincy Jones has composed an original song for the occasion. And past Idols Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood – wallflowers-turned-billboard powerhouses – will return from whence they came to help raise money and reaffirm Idol's indisputable star-making machinery. So is Idol Gives Back good, bad or somewhere in between? Maybe old age is making me mushy – or I'm too tired for sniggering cynicism – but I'm going with an unqualified "good." Seriously. In recent years, celebrity activism has become a sort of cultural imperative. Stars are still rich and famous, sure, but many have added a new dimension to their public personas: conspicuous compassion. Where it was once enough to support a charity with a mere image (Mary Pickford's face, say, on World War I marketing for the American Red Cross), today's stars are more likely to be: a) actively involved and, b ) taken seriously. Put it this way: when George Clooney delivers a speech on the genocide ravaging Darfur, he does so at the United Nations Security Council. Scratch any issue – from the environment to poverty to disease to third-world debt relief – and you'll find a celebrity. Make that, many celebrities. If the '60s popularized the telethon (I'm looking at you, Jerry Lewis) and the '70s galvanized the relief concert – bookended by the Concert for Bangladesh and the Concerts for Kampuchea – the otherwise hedonistic '80s combined the unmatched reach of satellite television with the eternal power of song. The most obvious example is Live Aid, the 1985 cross-Atlantic concerts Bob Geldof dreamed up after watching a BBC report on the famine in Ethiopia. To an entire generation, Live Aid was a watershed, a revelation, a flashbulb memory. As such, Live Aid is there, in spirit, for everything that has followed – from Farm Aid to The Human Rights Now! tour, the Concert for New York City to the SARS benefit concert, here in Toronto. Undoubtedly, Idol Gives Back will elicit some griping and sniping since there will be those who find it impossible to extract this one-off charitable act from the show's superficial DNA. But here's the thing: American Idol is now itself a "celebrity." So it was only a matter of time before it would start acting like one. Meaning, it deserves praise when it uses its power for good. Not much about Celine. But that was a review on the 24th, so we'll see the reviews for the 25th. Edited April 26, 2007 at 03:04 AM by celinerific Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
Julieta Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:05 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:05 AM that was amazing!!!!!! Sarah you´re the best! Quote
Celinefreak05 Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:05 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:05 AM Did anyone else notice Sanjaya in the choir part of Celine's song? Guess they couldnt edit him out completely! Kimberly Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:06 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:06 AM (edited) grr iTunes is being annoying...I can`t seem to dl it They removed the video from iTunes, it was probably put up by mistake in the first place. Aw that stinks I want to keep it on my computer edit: Nevermind! its up! Edited April 26, 2007 at 03:08 AM by kathyc25 Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
SarahJB5 Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:08 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:08 AM Did anyone else notice Sanjaya in the choir part of Celine's song? Guess they couldnt edit him out completely! Kimberly You know, that's funny you said that...I was trying to look for him but I didn't see him...guess I'm not looking close enough...I really enjoyed the song though...definitely different for Celine, not the usual LCMM and other ones that she has done in the past! Quote I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010 http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg
Koolan Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:11 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:11 AM Did anyone else notice Sanjaya in the choir part of Celine's song? Guess they couldnt edit him out completely! Kimberly You know, that's funny you said that...I was trying to look for him but I didn't see him...guess I'm not looking close enough...I really enjoyed the song though...definitely different for Celine, not the usual LCMM and other ones that she has done in the past! It's probably only visible on the widescreen HD video. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Celinefreak05 Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:14 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:14 AM He's standing all the way on the left... Quote
Andrei Dion Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:20 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:20 AM I just saw the video and It was so good. Celine sounded perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Sarah!!!! *Waiting for the HDTV version* Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
SarahJB5 Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:22 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:22 AM It's probably only visible on the widescreen HD video. I can't wait!!!! Quote I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010 http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg
Love, Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:24 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:24 AM Thanks Sarah for the instant YouTube video! Yes, that was a historical, landmark performance. Regardless of the Owners of American Idol owning the Elvis Estate - they still would not just allow "ANYBODY" to perform with Elvis in a such a production as this. That's because CELINE is of the highest caliber! I just purchased the iTunes video! Great Price! $1.99 It's downloading right now. Quote
Adeline Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:26 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:26 AM wowww, I love it !!!!! Quote Taking Chances Tournée : 19, 20, 21, 25 et 27 mai à Bercy5 juillet à Nice7 juillet à Arras9 juillet à Genève12 Août à Boston19 Août à Montréal23 Août à Montréal12 Fevrier 09 à Montréal14 Février 09 à Montréal15 Février 09 à Montréal
Koolan Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:29 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:29 AM that was the greatest duet i have ever seen between a dead person and someone alive it was so real. for those who trashed celine dion booo yahhhh she did great and im proud of her and im proud of the true fans of music who actually stood up for hersource Just one of many positive reactions from the link above. Elvis fans are impressed! what a landmark performance, as Love, said. :wub: :wub: :wub: Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Loup_garou Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:32 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:32 AM Once again THE QUEEN has redefined her kingdom THE WORLD Quote
kdw123 Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:35 AM Posted April 26, 2007 at 03:35 AM I loved how she didn't over power him like she could have if she really wanted to, but kind-of stood in aw of him and you could tell it was an honor for her to sing with him. Fantastic performance! I don't really like Elvis at all, but I love how real they made it look and of course I love Celine. Her voice is fantastic as always! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.