CSCfan Posted April 23, 2007 at 07:23 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 07:23 PM IMHO, they should sing a different song.... I think Elvis would do a GREAT rendition of.."I'm Alive"! Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
SlovakClark Posted April 23, 2007 at 08:07 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 08:07 PM I totally dont care about elvis and i dont know any his song except ICHFIL, but i think it is very poor singer to sing with the legend like Celine.this is my reference to loser elvis fans who dont like celine. Elvis was never have that beautifull voice like celine have, and i dont like people who dont like celine, poor elvis , celine will bring him down. lol Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
Ronny83 Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:13 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:13 PM Tune into Fox on April 24 and 25 to see Celine on American Idol! Celine is scheduled to take part in the show’s special charity event, ‘Idol Gives Back.’Source: CelineDion.com Newsletter Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Shaun Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:21 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:21 PM I seriously hope this turns out to be awesome and not an embarrassment. The "All The Way" duet was fully endorsed by the Sinatra family and they were kept up to date all the way through the process. I wonder if the same here can be said with the Pressley's? Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Koolan Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:31 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:31 PM Shaun: the same company that owns American Idol, owns Elvis' estate. http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2007/04/0423_celine_elvis_ex_ap_tmz.jpg Celine & Elvis' "Idol" Duet from the Grave "American Idol" will raise the dead on Wednesday and feature a performance with Celine Dion and ... Elvis Presley?! While "A.I." teased their "Idol Gives Back" charity benefit by revealing that "two of the biggest stars in musical history come together," sources at last week's taping tell TMZ that Celine sang Elvis Presley's hit, "If I Can Dream" -- with an Elvis impersonator! Ugh! But we're told the impersonator was just used as a stand-in, and what you will actually see when the show airs is Celine singing with a virtual Elvis -- in the vein of Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable." Unbelievable! At the taping, the remaining "Idol" wannabes also sang with Celine and Elvis, but as backup in the choir. Hallelujah! Elvis died nearly thirty years ago, while Celine has been singing at Caesars Palace in Vegas for the last four. "Idol Gives Back" will help raise money to fight extreme poverty in the U.S. and Africa, and feature artists like Gwen Stefani, P!nk and Josh Groban. A rep for "American Idol" could not be reached.TMZ.com This is getting so much hype Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
CSCfan Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:31 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 09:31 PM If not.....Lisa-Marie will create havoc.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Loup_garou Posted April 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM Why in the world do they use that pic and filed it under "Wacky and Weird" Quote
Shaun Posted April 23, 2007 at 10:48 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 10:48 PM Shaun: the same company that owns American Idol, owns Elvis' estate. Ahh ok. Thank you. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
stevethefan Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:37 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:37 PM If not.....Lisa-Marie will create havoc..I kind of like that wacky tabloid Celine picture! I hope that the Celine will be singing with a REAL person, even if they sing some Elvis song. Maybe it will be Josh Groban. Quote
Shaun Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:43 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:43 PM If not.....Lisa-Marie will create havoc..I kind of like that wacky tabloid Celine picture! I hope that the Celine will be singing with a REAL person, even if they sing some Elvis song. Maybe it will be Josh Groban. No offence to Josh but I don't find that a "duet that has to be seen to be believed." Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Celinefreak05 Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:46 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:46 PM Celine already pre-taped her performance last week. I was there...there wont be anything w/ Josh Groban or anyone else. She sang with an Elvis impersonator last week, and the Idol producers said he was just a stand-in for the computer generated elvis that they were editing. Celine will not be there live...sorry to crush your hopes! Kimberly Quote
Shaun Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:50 PM Posted April 23, 2007 at 11:50 PM Celine already pre-taped her performance last week. I was there...there wont be anything w/ Josh Groban or anyone else. She sang with an Elvis impersonator last week, and the Idol producers said he was just a stand-in for the computer generated elvis that they were editing. Celine will not be there live...sorry to crush your hopes! Kimberly How is that going to work though Kimberly? I'm intrigued... was the impersonator dressed in green so they can edit him out via green screen etc? Can't wait to see the end result. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Loup_garou Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:12 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:12 AM Here's a link to an Annie Lennox interview for Idol Gives Back... I just love how she pronounce "Celine Dion" just wanted to share a little bit of info on the show...and the fact that she says "I have to admit I don't watch it" as being asked about who she wants to win AI. Do you guys think Celine Does? What would she respond if being asked that very same question? anyway http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/myfox/pages/In...mp;pageId=5.2.1 Quote
Melody Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:32 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:32 AM She probably does not she, "doesn't watch very much television." remember. And maybe this was already posted but, what song will they sing? Quote Where words fail music speaks.Où les mots échouent la musique parle
Loup_garou Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:42 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:42 AM (edited) On additional "rumours" I found that Ryan Pelton probably was the impersonator that took the stage with Celine, also "...And wait until you see Celine in her see-through shirt. YIKES. Elvis was in a cool white suit, but she had on black pants and a see-through shirt with a bolero jacket. And crazy silver and black platform shoes. She certainly has an interesting style of dress! lol." http://www.ryanpelton.com/http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?thr...d=1176885409898 JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!! PS: Sorry guys NO under cleavage on this review Edited April 24, 2007 at 04:49 AM by Loup_garou Quote
smw Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:46 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:46 AM See-through!!! ) ) Now that should be a show stopper! tehehehehe Quote
Koolan Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:54 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:54 AM smw: yes, someone said you can see under the cleavage! Celine was great and her hair looked awesome. And yes they did a LOT of takes. She sang it all the way through about five times and then did short parts of the song a few more times from different angles so they could get the close-ups. It's going to look very cool when they are done with it. This has to be a flawless performance Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Loup_garou Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:58 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:58 AM I know but please let's change the "Under cleavage" for the Bolero Jacket.....mmm...even thought I was thinking on adding that expression to my urban dictionary Quote
KimboCosmo Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:59 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 04:59 AM (edited) Not so much a show stopper as her voice hopefully! Edited April 24, 2007 at 05:00 AM by KimboCosmo Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
CSCfan Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:38 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:38 AM CELINE DION TO DUET WITH ELVIS 2007-04-24 01:01:20 - CELINE DION will raise the dead on Wednesday (25Apr07) when she performs a duet with ELVIS PRESLEY on American Idol.The odd couple will perform Presley's hit If I Can Dream during the upcoming Idol Gives Back charity benefit.Dion has been rehearsing for her odd live collaboration with a Presley impersonator, according to TMZ.com. The Canadian singer will perform with a virtual Presley on the show.The Idol Gives Back special will help raise money to fight extreme poverty in the US and Africa. Decoding 'Idol's medley mysteryWhich two music mega music stars will duet on the "Idol Gives Back" special? By Deborah Netburn, Times Staff WriterApril 23, 2007 Survival. Desperation. And ultimately, triumph. These are the things that "American Idol" is made of. But to some super fans, the show is about even more than that. To these fans "Idol" is a code that must be cracked. Over the past few weeks the Idol obsessives have been presented with a mystery of unimaginable magnitude: What two celebrity performers will sing a duet on this week's much-hyped "Idol Gives Back" special? While promoting "Idol Gives Back" last week, Ryan Seacrest incanted a long list of banner names booked on "Idol" this week, including Gwen Stefani, Earth, Wind & Fire, Il Divo, Keira Knightly and Hugh Grant. And then came the "Idol" twist: an element of surprise. "….Plus, a duet you'll have to see to believe when two of the biggest stars in musical history come together on our stage," he said. By the following day the predictions were flying. Madonna and Bono? Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney? Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson? Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson? Paul McCartney and Celine Dion? Anything, it seemed was possible. But many "Idol" detectives zeroed in on one particular phrasing in Seacrest's words. Surely a message was hidden there. "Biggest stars in musical history." "Anytime that someone claims to have two of the biggest stars in musical history performing a duet, then Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney are certainly two names that come up," wrote "Joe Reality" in RealityTVMagazine.com. The trouble was Michael Jackson's camp had denied twice that the singer would be participating in the event. Further clues also made the McCartney/Jackson pairing unlikely. As Seacrest announced the mystery duet, the figures in the background were the silhouette of a man and a woman. Certainly not a random choice, the superfans deduced. And then a voice cried out in the wilderness. Kim Lawson, founder and reporter of the celebrity news site called GirlsTalkinSmack, claimed, unequivocally, to know just whom this mystery pair would be. "It turns out this 'ground breaking' duet has already been pre-recorded and of course, leaked by someone in the audience," she wrote on April 19, a full three days before TMZ reported the same information. "The duet will be … Celine Dion and Elvis Presley!" Kim was not into it. "Um, yeah, not that exciting," she wrote. But generously, she did deign to give details. "In case you're wondering HOW Elvis will show up, he's being played by a Vegas impersonator but his real voice will be used (and apparently his real face, although that doesn't make sense to me)," she wrote. Over time this report has morphed into Celine Dion and some kind of Elvis hologram. Reached via e-mail, Kim was still not psyched. "Personally, I think the idea is pretty lame … I was expecting two big performers like MJ and Whitney Houston or even Madonna and Justin Timberlake ... but we're stuck with Celine Dion and a hologram. What a bore!" That's the trouble with mysteries; the chase tends to be more fun than the discovery. But if there is anything "Idol" has shown us, it is its unerring ability to understand and toy with viewers' expectations. When the three most likely to be sent home are seated right together on the results-night couch, for instance, you know a surprise is in store. And despite Lawson's certainty that she has cracked the code, some fans note that while Celine Dion's name has jumped on and off Fox's myriad press releases, her name does appear on the most recent one. So does that mean it's not her? Is her? Might Celine and phantom Elvis be a false lead? Stay tuned. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
nano Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:40 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:40 AM (edited) hiih. I love that the media is so interested of this duet. Go Celine. I was expecting two big performers like MJ and Whitney Houston or even Madonna and Justin Timberlake ... but we're stuck with Celine Dion and a hologram. What a bore!"JT isn't the biggest star in musical HISTORY. Michael and Whitney can practise their duet at never-ever-land. Celine and Elvis are a perfect combination..I'm so looking forward of seeing it. Edited April 24, 2007 at 08:45 AM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
stevo Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:50 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:50 AM I SO SO SO can't wait for this- this is gonna be in every paper and on every entertainment news program. Good or bad, Celine's gonna be out there. She's a clever girl Quote
Love, Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:53 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 08:53 AM Michael and Whitney can practise their duet at never-ever-land. :mdr: :mdr: :mdr: Quote
Filine Posted April 24, 2007 at 09:19 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 09:19 AM You know, all the names mentioned... Céline is SO SO under acknowledged, she's out there for more than 25 years and has been succesful in everything she touched. I think that this year she will reach the 200 million albums sold mark. I mean, that IS INCREDIBLE. She is more succesful than Elvis ever was, his advantage is that he's dead and that he is no longer judged because he's a legend. They have never been able 'to find something on Céline' she's always been around strong and powerful and never changed who she is for anyone. I guess that she is supposed to be THE rolemodel for all talented musicians and singers out there today. And no matter how she does it, this duet: brilliant, moderate or not so brilliant... she will be criticized the day after. It always has been like that. But it doesn't matter, she will be out there and show herself exactly the way she is and they will all see why she is where she is today, you can't deny the facts people. It's funny how the entire american media is speculating, speculating, while we have known for days and days Quote http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"
CSCfan Posted April 24, 2007 at 09:19 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 09:19 AM Elvis performer to explode on ‘American Idol’ By Tribune staff He’s singing with Celine Dion on national television Wednesday night, but lots of La Crosse folks already have heard Ryan Pelton sing. That’s because Pelton is the 1999 winner of the Elvis Explosion, held each year in La Crosse. Pelton is scheduled to sing “If I Can Dream” with Dion in a tribute to Elvis on “American Idol” at 7 a.m. Wednesday on WLAX-TV. Ronny Craig, organizer of the Elvis Explosion, said Pelton is one of the best Elvis tribute artists working today. “He is regarded in some circles as the No. 1 Elvis performer in the world. This guy is an incredible look alike and an incredible performer,” Craig said. “And we’re the ones who put him into the forefront.” This year’s Elvis Explosion will be Sept. 7-9. For tickets, call (608) 386-7809. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
firebird Posted April 24, 2007 at 09:39 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 09:39 AM I'm still not convinced by this hologram thing. I don't know who told her that she'd need such a ridiculous gimmick to gain mass attention. I think if she'd just went there and sang the song she could blow people away. She doesn't need this at all nor the pity of some Elvis fans. Quote
Filine Posted April 24, 2007 at 10:11 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 10:11 AM I'm still not convinced by this hologram thing. I don't know who told her that she'd need such a ridiculous gimmick to gain mass attention. I think if she'd just went there and sang the song she could blow people away. She doesn't need this at all nor the pity of some Elvis fans. We can only wait and see, and about gaining mass attention...we want her to sell the record at the end of the year right? She has to be out there again before she releases it and kick some serious butt. AI is watched by people of all backgrounds and ages... I think it's a smart move. Quote http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"
firebird Posted April 24, 2007 at 10:19 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 10:19 AM We can only wait and see, and about gaining mass attention...we want her to sell the record at the end of the year right? She has to be out there again before she releases it and kick some serious butt. AI is watched by people of all backgrounds and ages... I think it's a smart move.I think she deserves better than being degraded to sing with a hologram. You have to consider that people have very short attention span, so I doubt this performance will have any influence on the sales of an album that comes out in 6 months from now (!) Quote
nano Posted April 24, 2007 at 10:22 AM Posted April 24, 2007 at 10:22 AM I'm still not convinced by this hologram thing. I don't know who told her that she'd need such a ridiculous gimmick to gain mass attention. I think if she'd just went there and sang the song she could blow people away. She doesn't need this at all nor the pity of some Elvis fans. We can only wait and see, and about gaining mass attention...we want her to sell the record at the end of the year right? She has to be out there again before she releases it and kick some serious butt. AI is watched by people of all backgrounds and ages... I think it's a smart move.exactly..AI has 30+ million viewers. Good reviews or bad reviews..it doesn't matter....this is a great promotion. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.