Jump to content

"Sing": benefit project with Annie Lennox (2007)


Recommended Posts

Posted
For sure Céline, René and Annie! :D LOL!

Visit me on Facebook

  • 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis
  • 24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy
  • 2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA
  • 12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne
  • 18th June 2008 - Köln Arena
  • 20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena
  • 28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park
  • 1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle
  • 15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre
  • 10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace Colosseum

J'étais là pour toi, Céline!

Why has Javito been silenced ???

Posted
That album cover is AMAZING! I can't believe I'm getting SO many new records from the artists I love. This is a wonderful year of music. :kicking: :clap:
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
...and she sang to them - her song “Sing” off her new album. It features Madonna, Pink, KD Lang and others, and ends with a section in Xhosa, which we saw her sing! When “Sing” is released (hopefully World Aids Day) a website will be launched that will raise awareness. And all the proceeds from the song are going to the TAC (whose choir, The Generics, provided some artists for the song).

 

http://www.themuso.co.za/?p=933

Posted
Celine Sings for the Treatment Action Campaign

July 30 , 2007

 

Celine has teamed up with 23 female solo artists to record the powerful feminist anthem "Sing," which is featured on Annie Lennox's upcoming album, "Songs of Mass Destruction." Lennox invited Celine and other artists to join her in raising money and awareness for the Treatment Action Campaign initiatives which include human rights, education and health care for those affected by the HIV and AIDS virus. "Songs of Mass Destruction" is scheduled to be released on October 1 in Europe and October 2 in North America. Stay tuned for more details!

 

Source: www.celinedion.com

Posted
thanks... well that means no 'solo' duet... i'm very curious how the song will sound!!


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Thanks for the update Wendy..

 

oh no..I was hoping for a duet. :(

curious about this "sing" song. :shifty:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted (edited)

oh well... no duet? for sure...?

 

dammit... my hopes arent up for the SING... its got what 500 ppl on it... i'd be happy if she got 3sec airtime...

 

aiiiii

 

S

Edited by shasti
Posted

I can't stand those worthless >3 artists squeesed into one badly written banal song given one word each to raise some money. Horrible.

 

And a feminist anthem to raise money for aids?! Gee, I guess the thought is nice ("I wanna show everyone what a nice person I am I'm gonna let my name be in a collobration for something, I don't know what it was, but I'm a good person.") but they could surely do something else if they wanna do charity.

 

Shouldn't a feminist anthem be used for a female cause? Like equality between sexes?

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted
it seems there won't be that duet:(
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
i cant believe theres no duet. :cry:

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted

A sadness is overwhelming me.

 

I thought this was "confirmed" that there was a "duet", which by definition means between TWO people. :ermm:

Posted
i dont know why u guys r so suprised . we know for some time now that there is no duet between them and that celine only sing few lines on the new charity single
Posted
Wow.... That's a lot of talk for nothing... the long awaited "duet" is actually an female all-star song... Not what I was hoping for :confused:
Posted
Well that sucks big time I was looking forward to the Duet between the two of them. Dang it had my hopes up and everything. :o :o :cry:
Posted
I can't stand those worthless >3 artists squeesed into one badly written banal song given one word each to raise some money. Horrible.

 

And a feminist anthem to raise money for aids?! Gee, I guess the thought is nice ("I wanna show everyone what a nice person I am I'm gonna let my name be in a collobration for something, I don't know what it was, but I'm a good person.") but they could surely do something else if they wanna do charity.

 

Shouldn't a feminist anthem be used for a female cause? Like equality between sexes?

 

/fred

 

Annie Lennox does more for charity then most musicians. She's done so much for Greenpeace, and 46664 to help raise awareness, and money for the causes she believes in.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/venusunfolding/100_3663.jpg

3/14/07 - The Celine concert that almost was

Posted
i dont know why u guys r so suprised . we know for some time now that there is no duet between them and that celine only sing few lines on the new charity single

 

I guess we are so disappointed because we wanted this "duet" to happen so much and we were hoping till the last moment that there will be a duet after all...

Posted
Celine Sings for the Treatment Action Campaign

July 30 , 2007

 

Celine has teamed up with 23 female solo artists to record the powerful feminist anthem "Sing," which is featured on Annie Lennox's upcoming album, "Songs of Mass Destruction." Lennox invited Celine and other artists to join her in raising money and awareness for the Treatment Action Campaign initiatives which include human rights, education and health care for those affected by the HIV and AIDS virus. "Songs of Mass Destruction" is scheduled to be released on October 1 in Europe and October 2 in North America. Stay tuned for more details!

 

Source: www.celinedion.com

 

o finally they know it! :P

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
so dissapointed that there won't be a duet after all, guess the topic's title should change...
Posted

looking forward to this. i wonder if all of the stars will agree to appear in the video.

 

nice pic joeym :-)

Posted
celine recorded her part alone in new-york as far as i know and i'm sure they'll just take the diffrent recording sessions from the various artists and put it together :kicking:
Posted

You can't even hear Céline on the track. 12 pages for nothing, she sings only background choirs. Annie sings the majority + Madonna one stanza. The other singers including Céline only sing background.

 

Unless of course Céline and Annie recorded a duet for Céline's new album we won't hear much Céline here.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

from what i heard it's not just background vocals but not much more LOL - it'll be very sad if celine will take part in the madoona show while being her background singer like the rest of them :confused:

i still hope for few high notes :shrug:

Posted

:whistling: yeap it's true a first review for the song stands

Mit „Sing“ hat sie einen Benefiz-Song zugunsten der HIV-Arbeit in Afrika auf die CD gepackt, der mit vielen großen Namen, wie Celine Dion, Dido, Shakira, Melissa Etheridge, Fergie und P!nk aufgenommen wurde. Als Chor hört man sie jedoch nicht einzeln raus, womit sie lediglich auf dem Papier stehen bleiben. Lediglich Madonna singt eine eigene Strophe. Jedoch ist „Sing“ ein typische Allstars-Track, der zwar eine Botschaft beinhaltet, musikalisch aber absolut nichts bietet.

 

You hear all of them as a Choir but no one sings an individual piece but madonna and Annie. The song is a typical all-star track with a message but has musically nothing to offer.

 

and the official 23 are Anastacia, Angelique Kidjo, Beth Gibbons, Beth Orton, Beverley Knight, Bonnie Raitt, Celine Dion, Dido, Faith Hill, Fergie, Gladys Knight, Isobel Campbell, Joss Stone, KD Lang, KT Tunstall, Madonna, Martha Mainwright, Melissa Etheridge, P!nk, Sarah McLachlan, Shakira, Shingai Shoniwa, Sugababes.

 

so siur was right indeed

Posted
You hear all of them as a Choir but no one sings an individual piece but madonna and Annie. The song is a typical all-star track with a message but has musically nothing to offer.

:pinch: :sick:

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

i'm really suprised rene agreed to such thing . the message here is that madonna is the real queen and that's what everyone will think while hearing this song - all the others r doing background vocals to the queen .

now i truely hope it will flop so not many people hear it - very embarrassing for celine , the best selling female artist of all time who is still treated as a d-list singer and not doing anything about it :sick: :confused:

Edited by thevoice
Posted (edited)

from Annie's website

"SING - who are the 23?

 

There seems to be a lot of interest about SING, the HIV Aids anthem I've written and recorded with the "Choir of 23" internationally renowned women artist, and the Generics..Treatment Action Campaign's vocal group, who I recently met for the first time in Cape Town. I thought it might be a good time to announce the quintessential line up of the ladies...

 

Anastacia

Angelique Kidjo

Beth Gibbons

Beth Orton

Beverley Knight

Bonnie Raitt

Celine Dion

Dido

Faith Hill

Fergie

Gladys Knight

Isobel Campbel

Joss Stone

KT Tunstall

Madonna

Martha Wainwright

Melissa Etheridge

Pink

Sarah McLachlan

Shakira

Shingai Shoniwa

Sugababes

 

I also met with Nitan Sawney the other evening, and it's very likely that he'll work his magic into an alternative "special" version of the song. Nitan is a committed humanitarion, and is very much behind the concept of SING, what it stands for, and aims to achieve. Watch this space...MY space for further news...

I'm building up towards October."

Edited by nano

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
You can't even hear Céline on the track. 12 pages for nothing, she sings only background choirs. Annie sings the majority + Madonna one stanza. The other singers including Céline only sing background.

 

Unless of course Céline and Annie recorded a duet for Céline's new album we won't hear much Céline here.

that sucks!!!! we were all waiting for a duet and we get this!!!! :pinch:

 

i'm really suprised rene agreed to such thing . the message here is that madonna is the real queen and that's what everyone will think while hearing this song - all the others r doing background vocals to the queen .

now i truely hope it will flop so not many people hear it - very embarrassing for celine , the best selling female artist of all time who is still treated as a d-list singer and not doing anything about it :sick: :confused:

yeah i hope it will flop,

only background vocals...damn!! :pinch:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpg

I dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT...

 

Posted
i'm really suprised rene agreed to such thing . the message here is that madonna is the real queen and that's what everyone will think while hearing this song - all the others r doing background vocals to the queen .

now i truely hope it will flop so not many people hear it - very embarrassing for celine , the best selling female artist of all time who is still treated as a d-list singer and not doing anything about it :sick: :confused:

 

EMBARASSING?? Are you f****** kidding me?? Shai this song was done for CHARITY! You know, to raise awareness and help others who are less fortunate. This isn't about promotion, or being the 'Queen'. How freaking out of touch and selfish could you be to wish that this song doesn't do well because Celine doesn't have a lead vocal. You seriously f****** amaze me! Celine would be embarassed you're a fan of hers if she read that.

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted

I honestly think it's a great idea that she contributed to a song that's for Charity. The attitude of some people here saying that the song should flop is just plain nasty. Saying something like that to me means that you hope it doesn't raise awareness or money for Charity and that's quite insulting. The lineup for the song is very impressive and to say she's treated as a d-list isn't right in my opinion. She hasn't been treated like that at all. Celine's sung backup/sung small parts for many songs.

Anyway this is just my opinion.

Instagram: @delphis78

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...