Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

"The Colour Of My Love" (album) - Official TopicOfficial Topic

280 replies to this topic

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,438
  • 288 posts
  • Local time: 09:18 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1981
I do actually mostly listen to my music in bed haha or on the bus going to work. But I like to turn the lights off and put my iPod on and listen to an album! :)

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 31,118
  • 73 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 AM

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

I do actually mostly listen to my music in bed haha or on the bus going to work. But I like to turn the lights off and put my iPod on and listen to an album! :)
Music in bed = Heaven on Earth
"We hardly need to use our ears..." (R. Taylor)

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,156 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 PM

View Postforhugo, on 31 March 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

5. EVERYBODY'S TALKING: What is that??

Interesting commentary -- and I, too, love Celine paired with David Foster.  but I have to disagree with you on Everybody's Talking My Baby Down -- when I first listened to this album (in the 90s), I didn't care for the song at all, but now I LOVE it.   I think she's probably thinking of Rene here (remember, she recorded this song before she'd announced her love to the world; rene thought the public would react badly, and celine's mother was quite opposed to their relationship for awhile).  I think that is reflected in the lyrics of this song -- everyone tells me this guy is bad for me, including my family, but *I* know he's right for me.  

I especially love the part where she sings "But they can't feel his touch/they can't feel his kiss/they don't know what it's like to be loved like this" . . .she sings that part with such a soaring sweetness. I love it!

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
the second best thing you can do in bed lmao :P of course i mean sleep being the other haha ;)

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

the second best thing you can do in bed lmao :P of course i mean sleep being the other haha ;)
LOL damn "Like This" quota limit!!

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
lmao ill like yours instead haha

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View Postchocolatechip15, on 31 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Interesting commentary -- and I, too, love Celine paired with David Foster.  but I have to disagree with you on Everybody's Talking My Baby Down -- when I first listened to this album (in the 90s), I didn't care for the song at all, but now I LOVE it.   I think she's probably thinking of Rene here (remember, she recorded this song before she'd announced her love to the world; rene thought the public would react badly, and celine's mother was quite opposed to their relationship for awhile).  I think that is reflected in the lyrics of this song -- everyone tells me this guy is bad for me, including my family, but *I* know he's right for me.  

I especially love the part where she sings "But they can't feel his touch/they can't feel his kiss/they don't know what it's like to be loved like this" . . .she sings that part with such a soaring sweetness. I love it!
OK, you've made I gave it a second chance...

I often tend to listen 90% music and 10% lyrics... --my bad habits are this and eating too much chocolate, LOL. If you listen to the song like that you simply don't like it. Those lyrics are actually worthy of a much better song (with all due respect to Diane Warren which is a terrific songwriter).

Hope that makes sense.

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

lmao ill like yours instead haha
I never thought I'd have such a good time in this forum...

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
yeah your a song writer so you listen to mostly the music, and if it doesnt appeal to you then you dont always like the song, but if you listen to the lyrics there can be a gem hiding in there, but the lyrics deserved a better tune I guess your saying?? I think dianne warren is one of the greatest writers out there, her catalogue speaks for itself, but she can be hit and miss and has a habit of recycling songs, whitneys I didnt know my own strength and chers you havent seen the last of me were very very similar right down to their meanings. when dianne warren nails a song it is magic, but then there are times that she has missed the nail completely. Although I do love everyones talking my baby down (its no because you loved me though).

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

View Postforhugo, on 31 March 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

I never thought I'd have such a good time in this forum...
no me either, id always read it for like 6 years, but i never really posted much, but its fun!!

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,156 posts
Just to clarify in the discussion, Diane Warren didn't write Everybody's Talking My Baby Down. The liner notes say it was written by Arnie Roman and Russ DeSalvo.

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

yeah your a song writer so you listen to mostly the music, and if it doesnt appeal to you then you dont always like the song, but if you listen to the lyrics there can be a gem hiding in there, but the lyrics deserved a better tune I guess your saying?? I think dianne warren is one of the greatest writers out there, her catalogue speaks for itself, but she can be hit and miss and has a habit of recycling songs, whitneys I didnt know my own strength and chers you havent seen the last of me were very very similar right down to their meanings. when dianne warren nails a song it is magic, but then there are times that she has missed the nail completely. Although I do love everyones talking my baby down (its no because you loved me though).
Exactly. And the second problem is that English is not my mother language (obviously) and that makes even easier to remove the lyrics... With such a lyrics I would've written a huge ballad FOR SURE. But that's me, Diane is much more savage and versatile.

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

View Postchocolatechip15, on 31 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Just to clarify in the discussion, Diane Warren didn't write Everybody's Talking My Baby Down. The liner notes say it was written by Arnie Roman and Russ DeSalvo.

ah thanks for clearing that up, shes written that bloody many i forget which are hers and which arent lol

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View Postchocolatechip15, on 31 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Where's the emoticon for "confused"?

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
OK I'm sorry for the total off-topic!!!

I'm playing online right now to SongPop through Facebook with Carole Bayer Sager!!! How-on-Earth-is-that-possible???

I think I'm gonna cry... LOL

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,753
  • 262 posts
  • Born: 1988

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Yeah think twice was celines defining song in the uk, most of her die hard fans I suspect became so with think twice!! I think celine could easily do think twice as her encore song in the uk and get a better reception than mhwgo!! That's how popular it was. It's the song that people like my mum who says and I quote "I'd rather listen to nails on a blackboard than celine dion" even those people including my mum will add "but she's amazing on think twice" I don't know why that song, the album had dropped out of the charts after a few weeks of doing nothing and then think twice and the same time the single and album shot to number 1. I think it must have literally jumped 100 places. Which is why it always shocked me it wasn't as big in the states. Maybe us Brits are easily pleased, something has to explain cliff Richards lmao but it's either my fave celine song of all time or my second, to love you more, the full uncut version is my all time favourite.

And I agree with all you said about FIY it flows beautifully. It doesn't have a bad song on it, make you happy and declaration of love oh and natural woman are te 3 I listen to least to me they sound more like TCOML tracks. But I don't not like them they are still great songs. Of all her albums falling into you has consistently the most songs that I would rate 10/10 with no hesitation. And if I could only listen to 10 celine songs for the rest of my life I think at least 6 of them would be off falling into you.

It's funny because Think Twice wasn't even a big AC hit in America. I think it got to like 28th place or something comparable on the Adult Contemporary charts. I'd guess that Think Twice isn't exactly an "immediate" song with a hook that just dives in right away. But then Because You Loved Me's chorus is pretty much the verse with a few more backing vocals and a more intent beat. I always think of To Love You More (one of my all-time favorites as well) as a LTAL song because that's the album it came out under when it was released here; also, I feel like sonically that song has such a good fit with LTAL, you could tell me it was made expressly for it in 1997 and I'd go along with you.

I'd rank Falling Into You somewhere around the high middle of the pack myself. I love it, don't get me wrong. It's just that there are Celine albums I hold in much higher regard. Your Light, jinky as it is, has been getting a lot of airplay with me lately. :giggle:

Anyway, back to The Colour of My Love. Listening now. Can we talk about Refuse To Dance tbh?

Edited by Si J'etais Quelqu'un, 31 March 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Posted Image

Irate_Ninja

Irate_Ninja

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 32,378
  • 70 posts
I LOVED TCOML!!!!!!!! It was a great mixture of sounds,i just loved it, the only Celine albums i really couldn't fall in love with were One Heart & Celine Dion.
My fav songs from TCOML:
TPOL
Lovin Proof
Next Plane Out (My Fav)
Love Doesn't Ask Why
Misled

The rest i have a equal love for lol. I just love Celine!!!
Posted Image

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,394 posts
  • Born: 1986

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I dont think your wrong, I think sometimes when you love an artist there will always be albums that dont sit as well with you, and sometimes they can be fan favourites, with celine my least favourite album (not to say i dont really like it, just that I listen to it much much less) is LTAL, I like the individual songs on it, I dont know how to describe that album, to me it was where she matured, but in a way where it came across she was trying to be as big as the hype that was snowballing around her, in 4 years she had become the worlds biggest artist. I just thought the album was a bit all over the place, going from the reason to immortality to treat her like a lady etc, then a couple of mature sounding songs, to tell him, then spanish and a cover of when I need you....... it just seems to not flow. of her career not including miracle it is the one I listen to least.

probably the ones I listen to joint least after that are unison (love it but its so short and seems to end as soon as its begun) and TCOML. colour of my love I love because its the era that got me into celine, but I think to some degree its another album that jumps about a bit, and even though its im my top Celine albums I guess for me its because it has some of my all time favourite songs on, TPOL, TT, LDAW, IRLA, JWA etc but then I think it has some average songs, and then some that I just have never brought myself to like, Im one of the few fans that doesnt like when I fall in love, i think its cheesy as hell, a poor follow up to beauty and the beast, and i never liked the original, I also think some of the songs I love but they are songs I have to be in the mood for TCOML NLWOLY EBTMDB etc and yeah I love them but they are side by side with some of the best songs Celine has ever recorded and i find they get slightly lost.

to me her perfect album was FIY, i just love it, its my favourite album of all time by anyone, and I see TCOML being a sort of prequel to it, you can see how it was taking her towards FIY, but then LTAL was such a massive departure. when I listen to LTAL I dont hate it, some songs I adore, but its not an album ill pick up and think ill play it, if anything its an album that ill look at and think wow not played this in months and ill listen to it and love it. same with TCOML. where as FIY, ATW, CD, TC, ANDHC I listen to all the time, FIY only yesterday actually.

oh I forgot OH as being another that I listen to less than the rest as to me its not so much a celine album as a celine experimenting album, i think its fun, catchy, but it doesnt shout Celine at me, if anything i sort of see it as a poor cousin to unison, does that make sense? unison she was finding her feet, trying different things, trying to make it a little like her french work of the era, and also include ballads to appeal to the whitney market. and with OH she was trying to have fun, experiment and sing songs she enjoyed. but it was a definite departure.

I LOVE "One Heart"...It's just an easy, breezy album. It's light and fresh (much like ANDHC as it does have many left overs from it) But EVERY TIME I hear the beginning guitar strings on "Reveal" I get excited. SUCH A GREAT SONG. "Faith"...get the hell out of here, just fantastic AND really decent lyrics coming from a Britney drone such as Max Martin. This album's got such a nice light feel to it. I have it constantly playing in the Spring and Summer. Love love love it. And I actually became a fan of Celine's through "Unison" when I was 4.

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I don't think this song should have been a ballad at all. I like the way it is. It's perfect. It's got attitude. Pretty much saying screw all of you, I don't care what you think. You don't know this guy like I do, and I love him. And I'm going to be with him and you can either accept it or not. It won't change how I feel about him. It will honestly just maybe change how I feel about you.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View PostCelinesDIVO5, on 01 April 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

I don't think this song should have been a ballad at all. I like the way it is. It's perfect. It's got attitude. Pretty much saying screw all of you, I don't care what you think. You don't know this guy like I do, and I love him. And I'm going to be with him and you can either accept it or not. It won't change how I feel about him. It will honestly just maybe change how I feel about you.
I finally have to surrender to this...

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

View PostSi J, on 31 March 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

It's funny because Think Twice wasn't even a big AC hit in America. I think it got to like 28th place or something comparable on the Adult Contemporary charts. I'd guess that Think Twice isn't exactly an "immediate" song with a hook that just dives in right away. But then Because You Loved Me's chorus is pretty much the verse with a few more backing vocals and a more intent beat. I always think of To Love You More (one of my all-time favorites as well) as a LTAL song because that's the album it came out under when it was released here; also, I feel like sonically that song has such a good fit with LTAL, you could tell me it was made expressly for it in 1997 and I'd go along with you.

I'd rank Falling Into You somewhere around the high middle of the pack myself. I love it, don't get me wrong. It's just that there are Celine albums I hold in much higher regard. Your Light, jinky as it is, has been getting a lot of airplay with me lately. :giggle:

Anyway, back to The Colour of My Love. Listening now. Can we talk about Refuse To Dance tbh?

Ah well I think with UK audiences think twice did have that hook, i guess its the haunting beginning that builds into her pretty much sing/talking the second verse, and then the build up and No No No screaming lol Its something we tend to love, I guess it shows the difference in song preference in general  between two countries, we always at least in the 90s loved a good power ballad. bonnie tyler, bryan adams, whitney, chers love hurts album (my second favourite album after FIY) wasnt a hit in the USA, yet in the UK was up until then the biggest hit of her career and it was packed full of power ballads. So I guess we like that.

As for TLYM, strange in a way that you associate it with LTAL, see I cant imagine the english version of be the man (on this night) not being on the album, I know it wasnt on your album you got TLYM, I sort of can see it fitting in, just as Ive never listened to it with that album it would be so strange for me. BTW have the americans really ever heard to be the man song, as I know on the CSV1 it was the japanese version (at least in the UK?)

refuse to dance, now thats a weird one, sometimes I love it, other times I skip it, its a very strange song, something that shakespears siter could have done or even madonna, a strange choice for celine but sometimes if im in the mood for it I love it.

Oh and yeah I agree with CELINESDIVO5 one heart I love having on my ipod when Im out walking in the summer, its a really summery cheery album!!

fred

fred

Joy is the key! | What price has compassion these days?

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 276
  • 3,599 posts
  • Local time: 03:18 AM
  • Born: 1925

View Postforhugo, on 31 March 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

OK I'm sorry for the total off-topic!!!

I'm playing online right now to SongPop through Facebook with Carole Bayer Sager!!! How-on-Earth-is-that-possible???

I think I'm gonna cry... LOL
Wow! The Prayer right?

What is SongPop?

/fred
Peace and love to all.

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
song pop is a game on facebook where they play a section of a song, say 30 secs from the middle of the song, you play against a friend and the first person to get it right wins the coins, and you can unlock more genres with your coins, Celine tends to come up a lot in the love songs, and female singers sections, and movie soundtracks, its quite fun.

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,394 posts
  • Born: 1986

View Postguyddavies, on 01 April 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

song pop is a game on facebook where they play a section of a song, say 30 secs from the middle of the song, you play against a friend and the first person to get it right wins the coins, and you can unlock more genres with your coins, Celine tends to come up a lot in the love songs, and female singers sections, and movie soundtracks, its quite fun.

View Postfred, on 01 April 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Wow! The Prayer right?

What is SongPop?

/fred

It's kind of like "Name That Tune"

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View Postfred, on 01 April 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Wow! The Prayer right?

/fred
Exactly! Internet is unbelievable...

View Postguyddavies, on 01 April 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

It's really fun. And the truth is that she crushed me a couple times... :innocent:

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

View Postguyddavies, on 01 April 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Ah well I think with UK audiences think twice did have that hook, i guess its the haunting beginning that builds into her pretty much sing/talking the second verse, and then the build up and No No No screaming lol Its something we tend to love, I guess it shows the difference in song preference in general  between two countries, we always at least in the 90s loved a good power ballad. bonnie tyler, bryan adams, whitney, chers love hurts album (my second favourite album after FIY) wasnt a hit in the USA, yet in the UK was up until then the biggest hit of her career and it was packed full of power ballads. So I guess we like that.

As for TLYM, strange in a way that you associate it with LTAL, see I cant imagine the english version of be the man (on this night) not being on the album, I know it wasnt on your album you got TLYM, I sort of can see it fitting in, just as Ive never listened to it with that album it would be so strange for me. BTW have the americans really ever heard to be the man song, as I know on the CSV1 it was the japanese version (at least in the UK?)

refuse to dance, now thats a weird one, sometimes I love it, other times I skip it, its a very strange song, something that shakespears siter could have done or even madonna, a strange choice for celine but sometimes if im in the mood for it I love it.

Oh and yeah I agree with CELINESDIVO5 one heart I love having on my ipod when Im out walking in the summer, its a really summery cheery album!!

Well in the early 90s at least we had our share of Bryan Adams and Meat Loaf. :sofunny:  After My Heart Will Go On, To Love You More was her next single in America and it didn't chart because it didn't have a physical release, but it did hit #11 in airplay so before I got the ideas about what was released when and where and became a more savvy Celine fan, that song just grew into the era for me and I can't pull it out; I just pretend the song didn't exist until late 1997. :giggle:

Refuse To Dance sounds, to me, like something Enigma would have recorded. Well, a Celine album wouldn't be a Celine album if it didn't have at least one out-of-left-field song that people didn't know how to read.

Posted Image

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

View PostSi J, on 01 April 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Well in the early 90s at least we had our share of Bryan Adams and Meat Loaf. :sofunny:  After My Heart Will Go On, To Love You More was her next single in America and it didn't chart because it didn't have a physical release, but it did hit #11 in airplay so before I got the ideas about what was released when and where and became a more savvy Celine fan, that song just grew into the era for me and I can't pull it out; I just pretend the song didn't exist until late 1997. :giggle:

Refuse To Dance sounds, to me, like something Enigma would have recorded. Well, a Celine album wouldn't be a Celine album if it didn't have at least one out-of-left-field song that people didn't know how to read.

yeah i expect the new album to have a celine take on "smack my *CENSORED* up" lol although on saying that if the song by neyo is the cover of the michael jackson song that will certainly be a strange one!!

I think to love you more must be the song thats been on more albums than any other song by celine, even if you dont include ATM and my love essential collection, it was on the japanese colour of my love, the japanese falling into you, the american LTAL and live a paris CD, obviously in the UK the only place we can get it as the full 7 minute track is the inedit on live a paris. out of interest is the version on your LTAL the full 7 minute version of the shortened version from ATW and my love?

Ray

Ray

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,721
  • 1,143 posts
  • Born: 1971
The Power Of Love:
I really love this one. Had to get used to it though as I already knew other versions. Especially Celine changing "I am your lady" into "I'm your lady" sounded really strange to me. But once I was used to it, it became my favorite version ever. No one can sing it like Celine!

Misled:
Great up-tempo. Like it a lot.

Think Twice:
Didn't like it at first. When it was released as a single, I thought it would never become a hit. You can imagine I was so amazed it became her first #1 hit here and made her come for a concert. Although she had had top 40 hits before, Think Twice made her a household name here. There was no escaping this song. Thank God for that, because all those times on Top Of The Pops and on the radio made me fall in love with this song.

Only One Road:
I thought this was a safe bet for a hit. Very middle of the road. However, it didn't do well on the charts. Although I thought it could be a hit, it's never been a favorite of mine. It sounds like anyone could sing it. It misses that extra special something.

Everybody's Talkin' My Baby Down:
I love this one. Great lyrics. For Celine it must have been like she was singing about René. I've played this so often. Back in the day it was really one of my favorites.

Next Plane Out:
Bit boring.

Real Emotion:
Loved this one back in the day. I always fell for the up-tempo's at first sight. Ballads usually have to grow on me. But although I have played this song over and over and over again... I hardly play it anymore.

When I Fall In Love:
I love this song. Rick Astley also did a great version. But Celine turns this into something unique by singing it as a beautiful duet.

Love Doesn't Ask Why:
One of my favorites. One of the highlights of the album!!!!!! LOVE it!

Refuse To Dance:
Another one of my favorites. Sounds so different and mystic. Love the whole atmosphere. And the performance on the Colour Of My Love DVD is just brilliant!

I Remember L.A.:
One of her most romantic songs. LOVE it!!! And it doesn''t grow old on me.

No Living Without Loving You:
Never really cared for this song. It's just okay IMO.

Lovin' Proof:
Like Real Emotion I really liked this back in the day, but now I hardly play it anymore.

Just Walk Away:
Such a beautiful ballad. Lyrically it's a lot like that Ace Of Base song (Don't Turn Around). Really love it. Should have been a single. So dramatic. LOVE it!

The Colour Of My Love:
Beautiful song.

Overall:
It's one of my most played Celine albums. The 90's were my favorite Celine years:
celine dion, the colour of my love, D'eux, Falling Into You...
(Let's Talk About Love was the first album in years which disappointed me.)

Edited by Ray, 01 April 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

View PostRay, on 01 April 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

The Power Of Love:
I really love this one. Had to get used to it though as I already knew other versions. Especially Celine changing "I am your lady" into "I'm your lady" sounded really strange to me. But once I was used to it, it became my favorite version ever. No one can sing it like Celine!

Misled:
Great up-tempo. Like it a lot.

Think Twice:
Didn't like it at first. When it was released as a single, I thought it would never become a hit. You can imagine I was so amazed it became her first #1 hit here and made her come for a concert. Although she had had top 40 hits before, Think Twice made her a household name here. There was no escaping this song. Thank God for that, because all those times on Top Of The Pops and on the radio made me fall in love with this song.

Only One Road:
I thought this was a safe bet for a hit. Very middle of the road. However, it didn't do well on the charts. Although I thought it could be a hit, it's never been a favorite of mine. It sounds like anyone could sing it. It misses that extra special something.

Everybody's Talkin' My Baby Down:
I love this one. Great lyrics. For Celine it must have been like she was singing about René. I've played this so often. Back in the day it was really one of my favorites.

Next Plane Out:
Bit boring.

Real Emotion:
Loved this one back in the day. I always fell for the up-tempo's at first sight. Ballads usually have to grow on me. But although I have played this song over and over and over again... I hardly play it anymore.

When I Fall In Love:
I love this song. Rick Astley also did a great version. But Celine turns this into something unique by singing it as a beautiful duet.

Love Doesn't Ask Why:
One of my favorites. One of the highlights of the album!!!!!! LOVE it!

Refuse To Dance:
Another one of my favorites. Sounds so different and mystic. Love the whole atmosphere. And the performance on the Colour Of My Love DVD is just brilliant!

I Remember L.A.:
One of her most romantic songs. LOVE it!!! And it doesn''t grow old on me.

No Living Without Loving You:
Never really cared for this song. It's just okay IMO.

Lovin' Proof:
Like Real Emotion I really liked this back in the day, but now I hardly play it anymore.

Just Walk Away:
Such a beautiful ballad. Lyrically it's a lot like that Ace Of Base song (Don't Turn Around). Really love it. Should have been a single. So dramatic. LOVE it!

The Colour Of My Love:
Beautiful song.

Overall:
It's one of my most played Celine albums. The 90's were my favorite Celine years:
celine dion, the colour of my love, D'eux, Falling Into You...
(Let's Talk About Love was the first album in years which disappointed me.)

Wow I could have written that review. Never really saw the appeal of only one road. It's not bad just not unique, to me it's a b class celine Whitney or Mariah album filler it doesn't scream celine at me. The only song I disagree with u on is when I fall in love its one I always skip.

LTAL I've been listening to today and I have really enjoyed it I think a lot ofthe songs individually are amazing my problem with it I decided today is it has moments where it reaches amazing heights then you hit a road block with treat her like a lady. Then it picks up again and gets good but you always know I hate you then I love you is coming up !! I love us. I love where is the love LTAL etc but the album for all its great tracks always felt like it was trying to hard to be contempory and lacked flow. Yet some of my favourite songs are on it.

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

View Postguyddavies, on 01 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

yeah i expect the new album to have a celine take on "smack my *CENSORED* up" lol although on saying that if the song by neyo is the cover of the michael jackson song that will certainly be a strange one!!

I think to love you more must be the song thats been on more albums than any other song by celine, even if you dont include ATM and my love essential collection, it was on the japanese colour of my love, the japanese falling into you, the american LTAL and live a paris CD, obviously in the UK the only place we can get it as the full 7 minute track is the inedit on live a paris. out of interest is the version on your LTAL the full 7 minute version of the shortened version from ATW and my love?

It's the 5:30 version. Uh.. I didn't know there was a seven minute version. I'll have to look into it. I swear, the part where the first chorus slams back into "see me as if you never knew...." is one of my top ten favorite MOMENTS from any song by anyone ever.

Which Michael Jackson song? I really can't get on board with a Ne-Yo duet. Just because it's Celine, and if she's going to share a marquee it has to be with someone of her stature, not some ersatz Usher.

Posted Image

Daysleeper

Daysleeper

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,629
  • 1,341 posts
This topic gave me motivation for listening the entire album again, including those that are my less favorites. In the beginning of my passion for Céline, this used to be my favorite English album. Now it's still among my favorites.
I find interesting to read reviews from from the old albums. What we thought about each song when we first heard them and what we think of them now, after many years. Some songs can grow in us with the time. For me it's "Only One Road". I love it very much now. Before I found it little bit average. On the contrary, one of my favorites at that time was "Next Plane Out", which I rarely listen these days.
It would be good if we make a topic like this for every album.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 307 user(s)

kyliefreak, WCD199317, Moo112, woodstock, Nautanick, actofcontrition, isabel leite, Celine Fan 77, Fanxiaoqiang, Celinex, TommKat22, Ukrfan, jwawesomepanda, maki_Dion-er, nuts2you, Joe, Loup_garou, Katie, Javito, Ronny83, ivo, Nmj, comingback, Holborn, nowanorris, Taking Chances, Simon, ordinary fan, brendanm999, HushNow, Lotty, pame-65, Kyle_Jared, CelineDionForeverNY, minolli, québecflower, Flymetothemoon, CSCfan, Niko's, jonny823, Davey84, Alex_Incognito, Del, dawn, Boy, MTJ, Critiaslux, gafsa, Modesta, Daysleeper, joaofilho, Frenchie, Jackie, pepillo90, giannislyber, celinefanonline, Thinktwicefan, Black Kitten, scielle, MaiconSC, the power of celine, frana, Sebulba1, max24, delta, mariox, celine19, Matias, Remon, krazy_kool_dude, n1ko, stevo, bronzey, Moleque20, incognito, selsdion, chs, manu23, pat200, mattia, joc13, tomdalbou, BartFCS, GIORGOS, duri, jpatdeleon09, PaulTo, Overjoyed, alextrusca, Shaun, Esty, isurrender, Schwa83, mdion2006, emi&celine, Ri2n, Marcc, GoldenLeaf, remykyes, smw, sky-fits-heaven, Bruno Dion, Edgar14, célinedionfan_16, fabricio esteves, Danbaa4, Thuy, chassyeah, Celine_2533, Roland61, Lolo88, Peppercorn1991, LeChauffeur100, MrTim212, Ororo Munroe, Tyler1991, lily94, liketheair, cec, lowell22, RosieBarron, djdanii, celinesounds, somaltseva, DionFanAlways, MaxRayÎles, stone, Gabriel81, Cuchi, couldawouldashoulda, sayyed, Scramasboy, chocolatechip15, Mark_Rdam, Audreyhat, Bruno Portugal, Jeff Abbott, karen5, pegasus, CelineGAfan, andyw024, celinedion87, Sazeliza, celian, rpopowski, forhugo, Dionism, Caledor, LukeD, Thunder_mesa, A cause, A cause, hollylou, clarinetgirl91, westpalm542, jay8418, Leo, karebear82, Bell, SuperLove4Celine, Manila, maria_k, Neddo, marckvls, martele, Timster, Leone, marif, Pepperpote, dreamoflove, flutefreak, youhaveamerryheart, BondGirl68, toiowo, celinish98, if-you-askedmeto, Robrules3, melanie_cd, celine4evauk, celine28, Ben, CelinesDIVO5, justinecoria, ehild, ucrazybeautifulu, D'elles, dmeredith, littlechap, brujocrow, celfan123, WendyB, bgcalde, mareti, Si J'etais Quelqu'un, Cuquito, Celcool, nadeen, CELINE MARIE, celinefandk, hala, Austinadk, morguna, Ola_Pola, Jessyka, maikan, Lu Georgia, Ashane, kmonline, izadolphin, George Woodson, Henri, Ray, J081113, littleames, clbmed02, gilsjhonny, beeb, Macaronie, Helen1981, infiniti, LuisMa, tessika, cdrarock, captaineos, Irate_Ninja, maceta_biloxi, Jonih, Hollisteranfluvr, DoronTam, whosarahre, lllBeautifulll, j'attendais..., muzboy98, chrissid79, CelineDork14, Lindah1984, federico, Philippe, zuv, OnlyCeline, drrose24, Claudiakarin, Yangedd, uk28uk28, c4n4d4, Je lui dirai, Leonardo L, empress, CELINEFAN01, stéph14, fred, guyddavies, klmalling, tim123, quaizee, celinefan1991, CK1Czar, Amethystj, gian982, divaslive98, QueenCeline87, ajguerras, ryba, UniqueCeline, juicyoranges, takeachance, marc-02, Chin, divaceline, CaesarCeline, lyn, Chrissi, milestogo, Jeffieboi, browseceline, Duchess, Ilaria, garçon, Matej, CelinesLegs, vojva, robert sadler, Cheska, ewan123, Mariann, Mattie, Rosa, $P!K&, pescaitofrito32, Yentl Anchel, Lizzy, jbechs, LVCeline, aafass, blueangel92, mbox1974, celinerulz91, Prima_Donna1, showmi, mike_z, winforlife, Miha, Domi, celine9211, mikymika, Samantha-Jayne, *Daniel, Koolan

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy