Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

"The Colour Of My Love" (album) - Official TopicOfficial Topic

280 replies to this topic

Ray

Ray

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,721
  • 1,143 posts
  • Local time: 11:35 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1971
Glad you all enjoyed my story.
I was so thrilled to see Celine Dion this very first time! I even wrote to "Hitkrant" (a weekly pop magazine) and they published my story (which was mostly about the concert) and placed a nice picture to go with it. I still treasure it.
Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,385
  • 6,710 posts
  • Local time: 10:35 AM
  • Born: 1993
Yes, I know that 'The Colour Of My Love Concert' (the special that was released on DVD) was mostly lipped but here's a little analysis of it concerning the playback:

1. Everybody's Talkin' My Baby Down (lipped to the album track except 2:37 of the video bellow, which is NOT included on the studio recording)

2. Love Can Move Mountains (live)
3. If You Asked Me To (lipped from the first "if you asked me to" but with the ending being live; lipped to the same track between 1992 and 1997)
4. Only One Road (lipped to the album recording BUT again we have a difference at 3:10, not the same audio as the album version)

5. Ce N'était Qu'un Rêve (live)
6. Misled (lipped to album track)
7. Think Twice (lipped to album track)
8. Where Does My Heart Beat Now (lipped to the same track between 1992-1997)
9. When I Fall In Love (lipped to album track)
10. Refuse To Dance (lipped to album track)
11. The Power Of Love (lipped to album track)
12. Beauty and the Beast (lipped to album track)
13. Can't Help Falling In Love (live)
14. The Colour Of My Love (lipped to album track)

Blog.png

'Sans Attendre Tour' Paris [1-12-2013]

'Tournée Été' Antwerp [20-06-2016]

'Celine Live' Birmingham [27-07-2017]

Matej

Matej

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 373
  • 1,030 posts
I love The Colour Of My Love Concert VHS/DVD despite the fact it was mostly lipped and some scenes were crazy mixed and edited probably from both shows into the one performance. From this viewpoint I like very much "When I Fall In Love" with Clive Griffin. They used both microphones during the song - with cable and without. It is kind of funny however as I said above I love this concert, one of my favorite.

comingback

comingback

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,619
  • 2,050 posts
  • Born: 1979
I love THINK TWICE. What a classic.

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,131 posts
  • Local time: 04:35 AM
I love her performance of Ce N'Etait Qu'Un Reve in this concert -- her voice was just so incredibly beautiful -- maybe her best performance ever of this song.

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,710 posts
RARE: Two videos from 'The Colour Of My Love Tour' at Montreal Forum from late March 1994

http://celinedionspa...-love-tour.html

Blog.png

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,710 posts
RARE: Rare video of Celine performing The Colour Of My Love at the Sonia Benezra show, from the same night she sang TPOL, ETMBD and the duet with Mario Pelchat.

http://celinedionspa...benezra-93.html

Blog.png

Ray

Ray

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
I wish she would add Think Twice more often to her setlist.
Still an incredible song!
Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika

fred

fred

Joy is the key! | What price has compassion these days?

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 276
  • 3,369 posts
  • Born: 1925
This album is incredible. So classy. The only thing I was sad about was that it had so many electric instruments and not real orchestral arrangements. It's a very special album for me, since it was the one that made me a fan. Think Twice lead the way followed by Love Doesn't Ask Why, Next Plane out and so on. The only track I kinda skipped was Refuse To Dance, which I now think is an incredible track and rather skip When I Fall In Love.

What surprises me is that the only song she allows to live on is TPOL. This album had a number of very fine tracks. I think it's quite remarkable that she no longer sings Only One Road, which to me was her own My Way, and I thought it woulf follow hear throughout her career.

View PostLukeD, on 09 February 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

I love this album and especially the vocals. Lyrically, it is a step forward from ''Celine Dion''. In ''Celine Dion'' she was more innocent, like a girl who discovers love, but in ''The Colour Of My Love'' she was more of a passionate grown woman. Best songs for me are (in no particular order): I Remember LA, To Love You More, Just Walk Away, Only One Road, Think Twice, Love Doesn't Ask Why. The only songs I don't like are the up-tempo ones, as the lyrics are way too cheesy. I love all the ballads though and I think It's a shame ''Just Walk Away'' wasn't released as an international single, as it would be a classic, smash hit. The album cover is one of her best, she's so classy.
The most ironic thing here is that Just Walk Away was a bonus track, even though it was an extremely strong track and like you said would probably have made a huge hit. The first bad decision of her English career was made right there?

/fred
Peace and love to all.

Ray

Ray

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
On the first page of this topic you can read about my very first Celine Dion concert.
As many people here appreciated it, I've looked in my diary for my second Celine Dion concert.
Here it goes:

Friday 1 December 1995 we went to the Celine Dion concert in Ahoy Rotterdam. We were sitting in row 30. Mark, Monique, Renske and I all decided to go again as we were so enthousiastic last time. This time my sister Ruby Ann and another friend, Nalan, also came along.

The openingsact was Irish band The Corrs. They were unknown back then, but I thought they were one of the best opening acts I'd ever seen.

In the dark we heard Celine sing a few lines of Think Twice, then she walked up onto the stage, the lights went up and she started to sing Everybody's Talking My Baby Down. Like last time she was dressed in black. It was like a rubberlike suit and she had a light glow in her hair. One of the papers (De Telegraaf) wrote: "one of the most noticeable voices of the current popscene" and "crystal clear voice and like an unknown force that cuts right through your soul". Couldn't agree more!

After the opening Celine sang some of her ballads: Where Does My Heart Beat Now, If You Asked Me To (love the ending of the live version), Only One Road (which everyone sang along to) and Beauty And The Beast (which she sang as a duet with backingsinger Terry Bradford like last time).

Next were some up-tempo tracks: Misled and Unison. I was especially thrilled to hear Unison live as she didn't sing it in The Hague. She said she wasn't just a singer and dancing was part of the deal too. She may not be a real dancer, but she moves so comfortabley on stage, it's a joy to watch.

Next was the stunning Calling You with the long belting vocals. When you hear her sing this live, you can only be A-MAZED!

Another highlight followed: The Power Of Love. The lighting was on it's best here. The 'stairs' changed into a cylinder on which Celine suddenly seemed to stand. Looked good.

French songs were not forgotten: Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore (Celine said music is like an international language, proven by the success of this song) and Des Mots Qui Sonnent.

Then it was time for some covers: River Deep Mountain High (I must admit I only started to like this song when she finally recorded it for the Falling Into You album; before I always thought: "Why is she singing this sing live? Please stick to your own great songs." LOL Now I love this song so much!) and When I Fall In Love (which she sang with Terry Bradford).

Celine asked us to imagine we were sitting in a French bluescafe and she started to sing Le Ballet. No harmonica, but a female backsinger sang a high note instead. At the end of the song Celine gave each bandmember a solo, while she sort of 'sang' along with the instrument. Very funny!

Last song of the show was Love Can Move Mountains.

The first encore was The Colour Of My Love. She ended the show with Think Twice. When she sang those last two songs we went up to the front (except for Monique) and so we could see the final from quite close by. Not as cosy and intimate as the Congresgebouw in The Hague, but it was incredible again!

At one point in the show she also sang the sentence "Everybody dance now!" (from the Gonna Make You Sweet song by C&C Music Factory) three times in a row, which I thought was very funny. I didn't expect it.

Edited by Ray, 29 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

ivo

ivo

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 16,827
  • 806 posts
  • Born: 1980
Great story!
I was a fan back then already but I didn't know about these concerts back then! I became a fan because of Think Twice. The first one I went to was the one in the Amsterdam Arena in 1997!

Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017

Ray

Ray

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

View Postivo, on 29 March 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Great story!
I was a fan back then already but I didn't know about these concerts back then! I became a fan because of Think Twice. The first one I went to was the one in the Amsterdam Arena in 1997!

I am so glad I went to the other concerts as well. The Amsterdam Arena is so huge. It was my least favorite concert.

ivo

ivo

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 16,827
  • 806 posts
  • Born: 1980
I understand your opinion! I only saw Céline in big stadiums but it would be the best to see her in a smaller venue. The Amsterdam Arena is too big. When Céline came to Holland in 2008 i hoped she would do two times Gelredome instead of one time the Arena. Next time (if it happens) she schould perform in the Ziggo Dome!

Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,131 posts
Great story! Thanks for sharing!

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 31,118
  • 73 posts
My two cents on this album. Please take my comments with a pinch of salt since it is only my opinion:

1- In the first place, David Foster is God and Celine is the best Celine when she works with him. Why on Earth don't they work together anymore???

OK, once said that:

1. THE POWER OF LOVE = Perfection. Listen to the guitar at 1:00, there's more music in those four notes than in many entire albums of some artists of today. I love the Lexicon reverb all over the place, LOL!
2. MISLED: I personally don't like it too much. My 6 months old baby girl loves the "Tinkerbell" sound at the beginning, then she starts crying.
3. THINK TWICE: The song would've deserved a more proper arrangements. What happened to the real instruments in the 90's?? Come on! Give me some real strings!!!
4. ONLY ONE ROAD: Beauuutiful song, yes Sir! Very "Whitney", very "Mariah", but here it comes Celine. Very "Walt Disney", too, but I personally love that.
5. EVERYBODY'S TALKING: What is that??
6. NEXT PLANE OUT: Not a fan of the song but Diane Warren is Diane Warren after all.
7. REAL EMOTION: ??
8. WHEN I FALL IN LOVE: Yes! This is it. This is quality music. David Foster and his ears: real strings, good taste, beautiful voice from Clive Griffin, the sweetest Celine ever... I definitely fell in love with the whole thing.
9. LOVE DOESN'T ASK WHY: Afanasieff + a good song + Celine = Success is guaranteed.
10. REFUSE TO DANCE: This freakin' song scares the hell outta me... (seriously).
11. I REMEMBER L.A.: Good song. Please overproduce it and I'll love it even more!
12. NO LIVING WITHOUT LOVING YOU: Diane Warren is so prolific, isn't she?
13. LOVIN' PROOF: "
14. JUST WALK AWAY: Nice try.
15. THE COLOUR OF MY LOVE: Thank you David and Celine for being born.

Final conclusions: David Foster is God; Celine, too. Together? The can make an entire album of covers from The Smurfs' cartoons and I'd buy it...

PS: Be careful with the booklet that comes with the CD. If you unfold it you will never figure out how to fold it again!

Edited by forhugo, 31 March 2013 - 09:29 AM.

"We hardly need to use our ears..." (R. Taylor)

Daysleeper

Daysleeper

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,629
  • 1,337 posts
  • Born: 1981

View Postforhugo, on 31 March 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

PS: Be careful with the booklet that comes with the CD. If you unfold it you will never figure out how to fold it again!

Yes, that's right. Anyway, I absolutely love the cover picture. It's one of my favorites. But I miss more photos inside the booklet. The same goes for "Celine Dion" album.

Thanks for the review.

takeachance

takeachance

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,521
  • 3,799 posts
  • Local time: 09:35 AM
  • Born: 1984
Just walk away.... This should of been one of the biggest ballads ever. I am amazed it was never released. Actually shocking . Its very like "I have nothing" by Whitney.... What were they thinking not releasing that song!! id love Celine to answer that question
Posted Image
RIP Rene Angelil xx

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 14,797 posts
  • Born: 1965

View Postforhugo, on 31 March 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

My two cents on this album. Please take my comments with a pinch of salt since it is only my opinion:
1- In the first place, David Foster is God and Celine is the best Celine when she works with him. Why on Earth don't they work together anymore???
10. REFUSE TO DANCE: This freakin' song scares the hell outta me... (seriously).
15. THE COLOUR OF MY LOVE: Thank you David and Celine for being born.
Final conclusions: David Foster is God; Celine, too. Together? The can make an entire album of covers from The Smurfs' cartoons and I'd buy it...
Thank you so much for your two cents...love it and couldn't agree more. Especially about David Foster and Celine being God together and why don't they work together anymore? I love your take on Refuse to Dance however I love that song but it is a very haunting melody!! :giggle: Yes and good luck with the booklet.... :laugh:
How could you not love this woman!

"You know, the mind is such a wonderful thing...especially mine. It's crazy." Celine, Tour 2018

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View PostDionFanAlways, on 31 March 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Thank you so much for your two cents...love it and couldn't agree more. Especially about David Foster and Celine being God together and why don't they work together anymore? I love your take on Refuse to Dance however I love that song but it is a very haunting melody!! :giggle: Yes and good luck with the booklet.... :laugh:
LOL!! The booklet...

The song reminds me of Judas by Lady Gaga. I don't say RTD is a bad song, but it seems to have been written by the Devil itself... :-)

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View PostDaysleeper, on 31 March 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Yes, that's right. Anyway, I absolutely love the cover picture. It's one of my favorites. But I miss more photos inside the booklet. The same goes for "Celine Dion" album.

Thanks for the review.
Very "Casablanca" but... much sexier!

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,438
  • 288 posts
  • Local time: 05:35 AM
i agree about just walk away, and i cant believe it was only a bonus song!!!! I never understood what they were thinking, even now it gives me chills!! Oh someone mentioned about about "if you asked me to" and its live ending, I could be completely wrong about this, but i remember a few times years ago seeing it on the colour of my love DVD i remember thinking it couldnt be lipped because the ending was different, but then if you listen to the album version it fades out, but towards the end it does sound the same as the live version just with more instruments and quieter, if you turned up the volume and stripped back some of the music i remember thinking it would be the live version.

I always loved the live ending of think twice she sang during the falling into you tour where she added an extra mini verse right at the ending, something along the lines of baby please think twice, all i wanna do is share my love with you baby

fred

fred

Joy is the key! | What price has compassion these days?

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 276
  • 3,369 posts
  • Born: 1925

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

I always loved the live ending of think twice she sang during the falling into you tour where she added an extra mini verse right at the ending, something along the lines of baby please think twice, all i wanna do is share my love with you baby
Me too! It's incredible. And so nice to hear her change up the live version a bit (other than just shortening it). Adding an extra touch to it.

/fred
Peace and love to all.

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,753
  • 259 posts
  • Local time: 03:35 AM
  • Born: 1988
I don't know why, but as much as I love Celine, almost everything she does pre-1995 is a bit of a blur for me. I've made a concerted effort recently to get into and appreciate 1990-1994, but I wonder if I've missed out on the chance to really digest and appreciate those albums. I'd say Celine Dion (1992) is the one I get along with best. The Colour of My Love and Unison never really jump at me beyond the singles. I'd really like to change this, especially with The Colour of My Love, which on paper should be right up my alley. I like the atmosphere of the album, but the individual songs have a hard time sticking to the wall. After reading everyone's praise here, I'll definitely spend the next few days with the album though!

Posted Image

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

View PostSi J, on 31 March 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

I don't know why, but as much as I love Celine, almost everything she does pre-1995 is a bit of a blur for me. I've made a concerted effort recently to get into and appreciate 1990-1994, but I wonder if I've missed out on the chance to really digest and appreciate those albums. I'd say Celine Dion (1992) is the one I get along with best. The Colour of My Love and Unison never really jump at me beyond the singles. I'd really like to change this, especially with The Colour of My Love, which on paper should be right up my alley. I like the atmosphere of the album, but the individual songs have a hard time sticking to the wall. After reading everyone's praise here, I'll definitely spend the next few days with the album though!

I dont think your wrong, I think sometimes when you love an artist there will always be albums that dont sit as well with you, and sometimes they can be fan favourites, with celine my least favourite album (not to say i dont really like it, just that I listen to it much much less) is LTAL, I like the individual songs on it, I dont know how to describe that album, to me it was where she matured, but in a way where it came across she was trying to be as big as the hype that was snowballing around her, in 4 years she had become the worlds biggest artist. I just thought the album was a bit all over the place, going from the reason to immortality to treat her like a lady etc, then a couple of mature sounding songs, to tell him, then spanish and a cover of when I need you....... it just seems to not flow. of her career not including miracle it is the one I listen to least.

probably the ones I listen to joint least after that are unison (love it but its so short and seems to end as soon as its begun) and TCOML. colour of my love I love because its the era that got me into celine, but I think to some degree its another album that jumps about a bit, and even though its im my top Celine albums I guess for me its because it has some of my all time favourite songs on, TPOL, TT, LDAW, IRLA, JWA etc but then I think it has some average songs, and then some that I just have never brought myself to like, Im one of the few fans that doesnt like when I fall in love, i think its cheesy as hell, a poor follow up to beauty and the beast, and i never liked the original, I also think some of the songs I love but they are songs I have to be in the mood for TCOML NLWOLY EBTMDB etc and yeah I love them but they are side by side with some of the best songs Celine has ever recorded and i find they get slightly lost.

to me her perfect album was FIY, i just love it, its my favourite album of all time by anyone, and I see TCOML being a sort of prequel to it, you can see how it was taking her towards FIY, but then LTAL was such a massive departure. when I listen to LTAL I dont hate it, some songs I adore, but its not an album ill pick up and think ill play it, if anything its an album that ill look at and think wow not played this in months and ill listen to it and love it. same with TCOML. where as FIY, ATW, CD, TC, ANDHC I listen to all the time, FIY only yesterday actually.

oh I forgot OH as being another that I listen to less than the rest as to me its not so much a celine album as a celine experimenting album, i think its fun, catchy, but it doesnt shout Celine at me, if anything i sort of see it as a poor cousin to unison, does that make sense? unison she was finding her feet, trying different things, trying to make it a little like her french work of the era, and also include ballads to appeal to the whitney market. and with OH she was trying to have fun, experiment and sing songs she enjoyed. but it was a definite departure.

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Si J'etais Quelqu'un

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,753
  • 259 posts
  • Local time: 03:35 AM
  • Born: 1988

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I dont think your wrong, I think sometimes when you love an artist there will always be albums that dont sit as well with you, and sometimes they can be fan favourites, with celine my least favourite album (not to say i dont really like it, just that I listen to it much much less) is LTAL, I like the individual songs on it, I dont know how to describe that album, to me it was where she matured, but in a way where it came across she was trying to be as big as the hype that was snowballing around her, in 4 years she had become the worlds biggest artist. I just thought the album was a bit all over the place, going from the reason to immortality to treat her like a lady etc, then a couple of mature sounding songs, to tell him, then spanish and a cover of when I need you....... it just seems to not flow. of her career not including miracle it is the one I listen to least.

probably the ones I listen to joint least after that are unison (love it but its so short and seems to end as soon as its begun) and TCOML. colour of my love I love because its the era that got me into celine, but I think to some degree its another album that jumps about a bit, and even though its im my top Celine albums I guess for me its because it has some of my all time favourite songs on, TPOL, TT, LDAW, IRLA, JWA etc but then I think it has some average songs, and then some that I just have never brought myself to like, Im one of the few fans that doesnt like when I fall in love, i think its cheesy as hell, a poor follow up to beauty and the beast, and i never liked the original, I also think some of the songs I love but they are songs I have to be in the mood for TCOML NLWOLY EBTMDB etc and yeah I love them but they are side by side with some of the best songs Celine has ever recorded and i find they get slightly lost.

to me her perfect album was FIY, i just love it, its my favourite album of all time by anyone, and I see TCOML being a sort of prequel to it, you can see how it was taking her towards FIY, but then LTAL was such a massive departure. when I listen to LTAL I dont hate it, some songs I adore, but its not an album ill pick up and think ill play it, if anything its an album that ill look at and think wow not played this in months and ill listen to it and love it. same with TCOML. where as FIY, ATW, CD, TC, ANDHC I listen to all the time, FIY only yesterday actually.

oh I forgot OH as being another that I listen to less than the rest as to me its not so much a celine album as a celine experimenting album, i think its fun, catchy, but it doesnt shout Celine at me, if anything i sort of see it as a poor cousin to unison, does that make sense? unison she was finding her feet, trying different things, trying to make it a little like her french work of the era, and also include ballads to appeal to the whitney market. and with OH she was trying to have fun, experiment and sing songs she enjoyed. but it was a definite departure.

Oh no! Let's Talk About Love is one of my three favorite Celine albums. :giggle:  I get it though; there's a great sense of Importance floating all over the album that feels very planned-out.

I don't like When I Fall In Love either. Nat King Cole has a beautiful version of the song and after having heard it, I couldn't listen to Celine's anymore because it just sounded so slick. I also see Falling Into You as the sort of "fruition" of Celine Dion. The first few albums slowly set the table and then Falling Into You is the one that really cements her direction or her sound. I'm sure the fact that it was her first all-out blockbuster makes it sound that much more potent in retrospect, but it really is, to me at least, the first album where the "Celine vibe" is fully harnessed.

It's funny you mention One Heart as being a cousin to Unison because back in the day when scrolling through Amazon reviews, I saw someone make the same comparison. And their reasoning was the same: that it went to a lot of places, sonically - at least in comparison with Celine's general body of work. I love One Heart knowing that it was kind of a tossed off project, but it can seem rather brittle and stressed out when compared to A New Day Has Come.

Anyway, The Colour of My Love. I'm not even that nuts about Think Twice, believe it or not. Maybe it's just a divide between the British and Americans because you guys were SO here for that song and we just shrugged and played Ace of Base instead. :sofunny:

Posted Image

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Yeah think twice was celines defining song in the uk, most of her die hard fans I suspect became so with think twice!! I think celine could easily do think twice as her encore song in the uk and get a better reception than mhwgo!! That's how popular it was. It's the song that people like my mum who says and I quote "I'd rather listen to nails on a blackboard than celine dion" even those people including my mum will add "but she's amazing on think twice" I don't know why that song, the album had dropped out of the charts after a few weeks of doing nothing and then think twice and the same time the single and album shot to number 1. I think it must have literally jumped 100 places. Which is why it always shocked me it wasn't as big in the states. Maybe us Brits are easily pleased, something has to explain cliff Richards lmao but it's either my fave celine song of all time or my second, to love you more, the full uncut version is my all time favourite.

And I agree with all you said about FIY it flows beautifully. It doesn't have a bad song on it, make you happy and declaration of love oh and natural woman are te 3 I listen to least to me they sound more like TCOML tracks. But I don't not like them they are still great songs. Of all her albums falling into you has consistently the most songs that I would rate 10/10 with no hesitation. And if I could only listen to 10 celine songs for the rest of my life I think at least 6 of them would be off falling into you.

Matias

Matias

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,352
  • 2,369 posts
  • Local time: 06:35 AM
  • Born: 1982
I Just LOVE the pre TCOML Celine, you know, with her curly long hair! specially around 1991-92, I love to see her fashion and how hard she worked to get where she is today, she was a newbie in the US biz, andher voice was crystal clear!

Posted Image

"No no, put it back..."

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Now that you mention, in my opinion Let's Talk About Love is not only one of the best Celine's album but one of the best albums ever.

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
That's what's so good about this forum. Everyone likes different songs, albums, we all have our own opinions on her career but we can come here and share what we think. Strangely enough I'm getting an urge to listen to LTAL!!! Like I said I love the album It just never clicked the way FIY did. But because I listen to it less when I do it's so refreshing and I enjoy it even more if that makes sense.

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

View Postguyddavies, on 31 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

That's what's so good about this forum. Everyone likes different songs, albums, we all have our own opinions on her career but we can come here and share what we think. Strangely enough I'm getting an urge to listen to LTAL!!! Like I said I love the album It just never clicked the way FIY did. But because I listen to it less when I do it's so refreshing and I enjoy it even more if that makes sense.
Do go and listen to it again before going to bed, let yourself cry like a baby and you'll never regret! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 306 user(s)

Moo112, WCD199317, woodstock, Nautanick, actofcontrition, isabel leite, Celine Fan 77, Fanxiaoqiang, Celinex, TommKat22, Ukrfan, jwawesomepanda, maki_Dion-er, nuts2you, Joe, Loup_garou, Katie, Javito, Ronny83, ivo, Nmj, comingback, Holborn, nowanorris, Taking Chances, Simon, ordinary fan, brendanm999, HushNow, Lotty, pame-65, Kyle_Jared, CelineDionForeverNY, minolli, québecflower, Flymetothemoon, CSCfan, Niko's, jonny823, Davey84, Alex_Incognito, Del, dawn, Boy, MTJ, Critiaslux, gafsa, Modesta, Daysleeper, joaofilho, Frenchie, Jackie, pepillo90, giannislyber, celinefanonline, Thinktwicefan, Black Kitten, scielle, MaiconSC, the power of celine, frana, Sebulba1, max24, delta, mariox, celine19, Matias, Remon, krazy_kool_dude, n1ko, stevo, bronzey, Moleque20, incognito, selsdion, chs, manu23, pat200, mattia, joc13, tomdalbou, BartFCS, GIORGOS, duri, jpatdeleon09, PaulTo, Overjoyed, alextrusca, Shaun, Esty, isurrender, Schwa83, mdion2006, emi&celine, Ri2n, Marcc, GoldenLeaf, remykyes, smw, sky-fits-heaven, Bruno Dion, Edgar14, célinedionfan_16, fabricio esteves, Danbaa4, Thuy, chassyeah, Celine_2533, Roland61, Lolo88, Peppercorn1991, LeChauffeur100, MrTim212, Ororo Munroe, Tyler1991, lily94, liketheair, cec, lowell22, RosieBarron, djdanii, celinesounds, somaltseva, DionFanAlways, MaxRayÎles, stone, Gabriel81, Cuchi, couldawouldashoulda, sayyed, Scramasboy, chocolatechip15, Mark_Rdam, Audreyhat, Bruno Portugal, Jeff Abbott, karen5, pegasus, CelineGAfan, andyw024, celinedion87, Sazeliza, celian, rpopowski, forhugo, Dionism, Caledor, LukeD, Thunder_mesa, A cause, A cause, hollylou, clarinetgirl91, westpalm542, jay8418, Leo, karebear82, Bell, SuperLove4Celine, Manila, maria_k, Neddo, marckvls, martele, Timster, Leone, marif, Pepperpote, dreamoflove, flutefreak, youhaveamerryheart, BondGirl68, toiowo, celinish98, if-you-askedmeto, Robrules3, melanie_cd, celine4evauk, celine28, Ben, CelinesDIVO5, justinecoria, ehild, ucrazybeautifulu, D'elles, dmeredith, littlechap, brujocrow, celfan123, WendyB, bgcalde, mareti, Si J'etais Quelqu'un, Cuquito, Celcool, nadeen, CELINE MARIE, celinefandk, hala, Austinadk, morguna, Ola_Pola, Jessyka, maikan, Lu Georgia, Ashane, kmonline, izadolphin, George Woodson, Henri, Ray, J081113, littleames, clbmed02, gilsjhonny, beeb, Macaronie, Helen1981, infiniti, LuisMa, tessika, cdrarock, captaineos, Irate_Ninja, maceta_biloxi, Jonih, Hollisteranfluvr, DoronTam, whosarahre, lllBeautifulll, j'attendais..., muzboy98, chrissid79, CelineDork14, Lindah1984, federico, Philippe, zuv, OnlyCeline, drrose24, Claudiakarin, Yangedd, uk28uk28, c4n4d4, Je lui dirai, Leonardo L, empress, CELINEFAN01, stéph14, fred, guyddavies, klmalling, tim123, quaizee, celinefan1991, CK1Czar, Amethystj, gian982, divaslive98, QueenCeline87, ajguerras, ryba, UniqueCeline, juicyoranges, takeachance, marc-02, Chin, divaceline, CaesarCeline, lyn, Chrissi, milestogo, Jeffieboi, browseceline, Duchess, Ilaria, garçon, Matej, CelinesLegs, vojva, robert sadler, Cheska, ewan123, Mariann, Mattie, Rosa, $P!K&, pescaitofrito32, Yentl Anchel, Lizzy, jbechs, LVCeline, aafass, blueangel92, mbox1974, celinerulz91, Prima_Donna1, showmi, mike_z, winforlife, Miha, Domi, celine9211, mikymika, Samantha-Jayne, *Daniel, Koolan

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy