Davey84 Posted May 7, 2026 at 12:16 PM Posted May 7, 2026 at 12:16 PM On 5/7/2026 at 12:14 PM, Geremy said: La gestion de cette futur album est vraiment très bizarre… Enregistrement du 1 er single en septembre pour une sortie en avril Enregistrement du 2 eme single en mai pour une sortie en juillet Mais où en est le reste de l’album… et pourquoi prendre au tant de temps …. I don't know if we can really trust these given dates. I do think the whole album isn't finished yet. But I do think the second single would be by now! Like I said before, I'd rather have them take the time to put together a solid album, than have an album that's not cohesive with loads of 'fillers'. Something I wonder though, and a (near) native speaker could maybe clarify this; how hard would it be to sing Danson live without loosing the pace of the lyrics and melody? I feel some words are sooo closely together, it would be hard to catch a breath between the two words! For example: Nos mains nouées/ Pour oublier nos peines Jouez violons/ Dansons, ce soir il y a bal Doux rendez-vous/ Flottons, front contre front Quand l'univers hostile/ Une idylle, une île Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Alex_Incognito Posted May 7, 2026 at 01:44 PM Posted May 7, 2026 at 01:44 PM On 5/7/2026 at 6:14 AM, Geremy said: La gestion de cette futur album est vraiment très bizarre… Enregistrement du 1 er single en septembre pour une sortie en avril Enregistrement du 2 eme single en mai pour une sortie en juillet Mais où en est le reste de l’album… et pourquoi prendre au tant de temps …. C'est vraiment bizzarre. C'est comme si sans Rene ils ne savent pas comment faire un album... 1 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LukeD Posted May 9, 2026 at 12:46 PM Posted May 9, 2026 at 12:46 PM 'Dansons' now needs several days to surpass 100k views on YT. I am still in shock because last time I checked it pulled 360k daily and then a sudden drop that it doesn't seem to be able to recover from. And I do not think the 'Dansons Challenge' is going to change that - it seemed very unimaginative and poorly timed. Still hopeful for a spike in autumn. A Celine performance can do wonders, no doubt. 1 Quote
emiliejolie Posted May 9, 2026 at 01:06 PM Posted May 9, 2026 at 01:06 PM On 5/7/2026 at 2:16 PM, Davey84 said: I don't know if we can really trust these given dates. I do think the whole album isn't finished yet. But I do think the second single would be by now! Like I said before, I'd rather have them take the time to put together a solid album, than have an album that's not cohesive with loads of 'fillers'. Something I wonder though, and a (near) native speaker could maybe clarify this; how hard would it be to sing Danson live without loosing the pace of the lyrics and melody? I feel some words are sooo closely together, it would be hard to catch a breath between the two words! For example: Nos mains nouées/ Pour oublier nos peines Jouez violons/ Dansons, ce soir il y a bal Doux rendez-vous/ Flottons, front contre front Quand l'univers hostile/ Une idylle, une île You are so right. They cannot come back with a weak album, regarding that the first song got an reserved enthusiasm, because for French songs ( although it tends to disappear with the new generation ) lyrics is more important than the music, and "Dansons" appears to be very weak in therms of lyrics and rimes. Well Let's say that JJG was very low battery the day he wrote the song 😅 I cannot imagine the album is not ready. It would be so unprofessional and at this level of professionalism in music industry, I cannot imagine one second they would go as an amateur checking if Celine might still interest a few people. To answer your question, if you are not speaking French, yes all these sounds might sound like a whole hubbub, but if it's your language once again, these are very basic rimes so no problem to breathe 😄 Quote
Céline RO Posted May 9, 2026 at 03:57 PM Posted May 9, 2026 at 03:57 PM Allegedly, Céline herself was not that confident and only wanted to record a few songs, but then once she started recording she was really happy with it and wanted to do a whole album—hence the recency of it all. Quote The best is yet to come...
mirage Posted May 9, 2026 at 06:28 PM Posted May 9, 2026 at 06:28 PM On 5/9/2026 at 5:57 PM, Céline RO said: Allegedly, Céline herself was not that confident and only wanted to record a few songs, but then once she started recording she was really happy with it and wanted to do a whole album—hence the recency of it all. Still find it odd not being confident to record an album, but confident enough to sign a 16 show deal last September. 1 1 Quote
Nmj Posted May 9, 2026 at 09:23 PM Posted May 9, 2026 at 09:23 PM On 5/9/2026 at 2:28 PM, mirage said: Still find it odd not being confident to record an album, but confident enough to sign a 16 show deal last September. I think she has many many songs already recorded maybe not the full album but my guess is a good chunk. I also bet she has recorded a few English songs for that album. She may have half of each album finished… we do know she was in and out the palms Las Vegas studio last year so I’d be willing to bet it’s more than one song. 1 Quote
Critiaslux Posted May 10, 2026 at 03:31 PM Posted May 10, 2026 at 03:31 PM On 5/7/2026 at 3:44 PM, Alex_Incognito said: C'est vraiment bizzarre. C'est comme si sans Rene ils ne savent pas comment faire un album... Well Courage was a solid album IMO. There may have been discussions regarding her voice, but overall the album sounded cohesive. 3 1 Quote
isurrender Posted May 10, 2026 at 04:57 PM Posted May 10, 2026 at 04:57 PM If Ycare was in Las Vegas last week to work on her next single, I am once again speechless at how Céline ('s team) is working. Not officially ( but what is with Céline's team as they don't bother to announce anything?), but we know a new single is coming in Summer since +/- 1.5 month. So they said it to the press without being certain of anything? I mean ... so many artists actually work on new stuff and they can't say when it will be out but with Céline they can tell and they don't even work on it? 🤣 What about if these sessions don't work out, if the outcome is not good, etc. Quote
Macaronie Posted May 10, 2026 at 06:32 PM Posted May 10, 2026 at 06:32 PM ^ or they are doing some finishing touches, backing vocals, re-recordings? Quote
Nmj Posted May 10, 2026 at 09:54 PM Posted May 10, 2026 at 09:54 PM (edited) On 5/10/2026 at 12:57 PM, isurrender said: If Ycare was in Las Vegas last week to work on her next single, I am once again speechless at how Céline ('s team) is working. Not officially ( but what is with Céline's team as they don't bother to announce anything?), but we know a new single is coming in Summer since +/- 1.5 month. So they said it to the press without being certain of anything? I mean ... so many artists actually work on new stuff and they can't say when it will be out but with Céline they can tell and they don't even work on it? 🤣 What about if these sessions don't work out, if the outcome is not good, etc. if that’s the case they’d act like they never said anything to begin with. Remember an actual ET interview where Celine talks about the music video for “Lying Down”, on the actual set of the video…. yeah that didn’t stop them from changing their mind. Edited May 10, 2026 at 09:54 PM by Nmj Quote
mebe Posted May 11, 2026 at 08:20 PM Posted May 11, 2026 at 08:20 PM Down from #6 to #14 in Québec this week. https://palmares.adisq.com/top30 1 Quote
Balao Posted May 11, 2026 at 08:31 PM Posted May 11, 2026 at 08:31 PM On 5/7/2026 at 2:16 PM, Davey84 said: Something I wonder though, and a (near) native speaker could maybe clarify this; how hard would it be to sing Danson live without loosing the pace of the lyrics and melody? I feel some words are sooo closely together, it would be hard to catch a breath between the two words! For example: Nos mains nouées/ Pour oublier nos peines Jouez violons/ Dansons, ce soir il y a bal Doux rendez-vous/ Flottons, front contre front Quand l'univers hostile/ Une idylle, une île It's doable for any singer and very doable for Céline. Also, "Et je t'aime encore" is unsingable the way it is on the album because the sentences are "sooo closely together". On stage, she takes longer time to catch her breath and the guitar player waits for her to sing. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 13, 2026 at 07:56 AM Posted May 13, 2026 at 07:56 AM Do you guys think her voice will be much better than in 2019? Like more relaxed? Quote
Céline RO Posted May 13, 2026 at 08:01 AM Posted May 13, 2026 at 08:01 AM On 5/13/2026 at 9:56 AM, jpatdeleon09 said: Do you guys think her voice will be much better than in 2019? Like more relaxed? Well, is it not? I thought that was pretty obvious in anything we’ve heard her sing over the past two years. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 13, 2026 at 04:53 PM Posted May 13, 2026 at 04:53 PM (edited) On 5/13/2026 at 4:01 PM, Céline RO said: Well, is it not? I thought that was pretty obvious in anything we’ve heard her sing over the past two years. Well, in Late 2018-2019, there’s a lot of uncontrolled belting like raspy tired like vocals when doing high belts like the one in Aretha Franklin Tribute. Also, in her vegas shows. Now, that she mentions vocal therapy in her recent interviews.. obviously, we really haven’t heard yet her real voice since end of Courage tour. That’s the last thing we heard her sing live. I’m not gonna include the studio recorded vocals like she did in pandemic videos (The Prayer, Une Chance Qu’on S’a) and her Love Again songs) Maybe I’m just curious about how she’s going to sound with her new voice, which has undergone vocal therapy. Edited May 13, 2026 at 04:54 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 13, 2026 at 09:22 PM Posted May 13, 2026 at 09:22 PM On 5/13/2026 at 9:01 AM, Céline RO said: Well, is it not? I thought that was pretty obvious in anything we’ve heard her sing over the past two years. I don’t think it’s very obvious at this stage at all…. We have barely heard her sing …. Kev x 2 Quote
isurrender Posted May 14, 2026 at 10:33 AM Posted May 14, 2026 at 10:33 AM I think people have high expectations about her voice because she has voice rehabilitation. But I think she did it to be able to sing again, not to improve it. Her voice kept deteriorating after the Courage tour stopped. Let's say she was 6 on Courage Tour ( notes are totally random) , she went down to 2 ( she was really struggling on Love Again recording sessions)...so I really don't think hoping for a 8 is reasonable. Will see! Quote
ivo Posted May 14, 2026 at 05:33 PM Posted May 14, 2026 at 05:33 PM I can’t wait to hear her live voice again, but I love her voice on Dansons. 2 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
zuv Posted May 15, 2026 at 02:47 PM Posted May 15, 2026 at 02:47 PM I knew it would grow on me, but I didn’t think he would grow that much. …. une ydille une île, dansons au dessus les abiiiimes … Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 15, 2026 at 02:54 PM Posted May 15, 2026 at 02:54 PM I’m having this feeling that her voice now is still in the courage era but a more relaxed vocals. Same tone but more relaxed?.. i don’t know. I’m having this expectations since she mentioned vocal therapy in her interviews.. I wonder what the genre for the next single this coming july that we thought this june l Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 15, 2026 at 02:57 PM Posted May 15, 2026 at 02:57 PM On 5/15/2026 at 1:33 AM, ivo said: I can’t wait to hear her live voice again, but I love her voice on Dansons. Did JJG produced her vocals in “Dansons” like in “Encore Un Soir”?If so, he can really make Celine’s vocals shine. The right eq for her voice Quote
Céline RO Posted May 15, 2026 at 03:28 PM Posted May 15, 2026 at 03:28 PM (edited) On 5/15/2026 at 4:54 PM, jpatdeleon09 said: I’m having this feeling that her voice now is still in the courage era but a more relaxed vocals. Same tone but more relaxed?.. i don’t know. I’m having this expectations since she mentioned vocal therapy in her interviews.. From what we’ve heard (albeit pre-recorded and produced), it’s more similar to 2011-2016 in terms of tone, before her voice became “darker”—for lack of a better word. Edited May 15, 2026 at 03:31 PM by Céline RO 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted May 15, 2026 at 03:30 PM Posted May 15, 2026 at 03:30 PM On 5/15/2026 at 4:57 PM, jpatdeleon09 said: Did JJG produced her vocals in “Dansons” like in “Encore Un Soir”?If so, he can really make Celine’s vocals shine. The right eq for her voice I think Scott Price and someone else produced the vocals. JJG is listed as a general producer for the entire track, so he may have played a role but I’m not a specialist so I wouldn’t know. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted May 16, 2026 at 07:04 PM Posted May 16, 2026 at 07:04 PM According to the Spotify anniversary special, “Dansons” is my second most streamed song of all time! After PQTME, of course. 4 Quote The best is yet to come...
mebe Posted May 19, 2026 at 07:27 PM Posted May 19, 2026 at 07:27 PM In Québec, Dansons is down from #14 to #17 in its 4th week. 1 Quote
queenofvegas Posted May 19, 2026 at 09:26 PM Posted May 19, 2026 at 09:26 PM On 5/13/2026 at 1:01 AM, Céline RO said: Well, is it not? I thought that was pretty obvious in anything we’ve heard her sing over the past two years. The last time we heard her sing a proper live performance was that Serge Fiori tribute in 2025 and she did not sound great. Quote
Ajax Posted May 19, 2026 at 09:30 PM Posted May 19, 2026 at 09:30 PM On 5/19/2026 at 11:26 PM, queenofvegas said: The last time we heard her sing a proper live performance was that Serge Fiori tribute in 2025 and she did not sound great. She sounded very close to before her hiatus honestly. anyway yes that is the more accurate state of her voice that we can have. More accurate than Dansons. Quote
queenofvegas Posted May 19, 2026 at 09:41 PM Posted May 19, 2026 at 09:41 PM On 5/19/2026 at 2:30 PM, Ajax said: She sounded very close to before her hiatus honestly. anyway yes that is the more accurate state of her voice that we can have. More accurate than Dansons. Yes and we also have no idea how Dansons was produced. It could have been completely manufactured in studio with hundreds of vocal takes like how Love Again was. 1 Quote
rodrigofreitas Posted May 21, 2026 at 11:06 AM Posted May 21, 2026 at 11:06 AM Dansons Youtubemusic 7,000,000 (from yesterday) VEVO Video 5,930,178 Youtube auto generated audio 807,337 Spotify 3,246,186 (from yesterday) 16,983,701 million I don't want to compare, but I saw many fans of another singer on X laughing at the numbers for "Dansons". Since they are fans of a specific singer, I went to take a look at the numbers for her last English single, and I saw: Her latest single in English VEVO Video 4,8 million in 11 months (Dansons video 5,9 million in 1 month) on YoutubeMusic 9,2 million in 11 months (Dansons 7 million in 1 month) But they keep laughing... (And here I am, laughing to myself in here 😂 😘) 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.