Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I just don't get it. In 2021 or so she announced the new Vegas show and started promoting it, a time that seemed like a peak of her illness, and yet she continued. Then all of a sudden everything stopped.

 

If Celine fans are confused as to the timeline, imagine the general public trying to follow. Not that most would try I suppose but you get the idea

  • Like 3
Posted

If Celine fans are confused as to the timeline, imagine the general public trying to follow. Not that most would try I suppose but you get the idea

Add the general Spanish public and her fans (who are already very few) in a country where, for some reason, news about Céline doesn’t even reach us through the Internet, and the media in my country don’t even talk about her.

Posted
Then during her docu premiere and the promo interviews she claimed how much she will be back very soon, and now 2 years have passed and nothing happened. Why making all these big announcements and raise expectations and then go totally silent. It’s very childish and unprofessional
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

Then during her docu premiere and the promo interviews she claimed how much she will be back very soon, and now 2 years have passed and nothing happened. Why making all these big announcements and raise expectations and then go totally silent. It’s very childish and unprofessional

 

She didn't make any announcements! She stated her intent to return to the stage. She did in this in the context of disclosing the full extent of her condition and assumed that people would interpret what she said in light of what they saw in the documentary: if I can't walk, I'll run, if I can't walk, etc. She literally said that she would return to the stage no matter what but that it might take a while. Well, turns out she had to crawl. She isn't just sitting around st home twiddling her thumbs, she's crawling (!) back to the stage. I don't know what more could be said about it at this time.

  • Like 1
Posted
Just wondering how Rene could have handle her career given her situation or regarding her official pages.
  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

He would have released old shows on DVD/streaming services to keep the public happy.

 

Released another Greatest hits album like All the Way… with 3/4 new tracks ( she showed though difficult with her condition that she can record a song as shown in her doc. It’s just a longer process )

 

I also think another book ( update from for keeps ) would have been released during this absence.

 

Just my opinion on what I think he would have done in regards to her situation.

  • Like 3
Posted
He would have released old shows on DVD/streaming services to keep the public happy.

 

Released another Greatest hits album like All the Way… with 3/4 new tracks ( she showed though difficult with her condition that she can record a song as shown in her doc. It’s just a longer process )

 

I also think another book ( update from for keeps ) would have been released during this absence.

 

Just my opinion on what I think he would have done in regards to her situation.

I agree. Plus he wouldn't got totally radio silent on her health. Even if it was just a comment "she is working hard to get back on stage".

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G781B met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 2


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Just wondering how Rene could have handle her career given her situation or regarding her official pages.

 

Honestly I think they would have had a serious conversation about it and he would have asked her "Do you want to stop?" and he would have pushed her to just retire. And there would have been a big to do about it while they work behind the scenes to get her better.

 

His presence wouldn't just have given us another DVD or book, the trajectory of this situation would be completely different. I think in a lot of ways better, but also worse in others.

  • Like 1
Posted

Just wondering how Rene could have handle her career given her situation or regarding her official pages.

 

Honestly I think they would have had a serious conversation about it and he would have asked her "Do you want to stop?" and he would have pushed her to just retire. And there would have been a big to do about it while they work behind the scenes to get her better.

 

His presence wouldn't just have given us another DVD or book, the trajectory of this situation would be completely different. I think in a lot of ways better, but also worse in others.

  • Like 2
Posted

Add the general Spanish public and her fans (who are already very few) in a country where, for some reason, news about Céline doesn’t even reach us through the Internet, and the media in my country don’t even talk about her.

 

I don't know why she didn't visit Spain more often during her career.

  • Like 2
Posted
His presence wouldn't just have given us another DVD or book, the trajectory of this situation would be completely different. I think in a lot of ways better, but also worse in others.

 

I really don't know what are the ways that could have been worse than the current situation (I mean for us, fans)? unsure.gif

 

No Friday repost? giggle.gif

Posted (edited)

Still zilch annocued for the new year for resorts world

Theatre. A huge multi million dollar venue sitting practically vacant when Caesar’s palace already has Jennifer Lopez , Cyndi Lauper, Kelly Clarkson , Dolly Parton, Rod Stewart , etc and then list goes on on sale for 2026.

 

Somthing is up or wayyyyyy the hell

Off lol

Edited by KyleVan41
Posted (edited)

 

 

I really don't know what are the ways that could have been worse than the current situation (I mean for us, fans)? unsure.gif

 

No Friday repost? giggle.gif

 

What I mean is Rene was serious about her and her career and he is also a gambler so he knows when to fold. His idea probably would have been to announce her retirement and make a big event out of it. We would have probably gotten some more material released, but there would also be an element of sadness and grief to it knowing with finality that it was over.

 

In Rene's absence, Celine has no one strong enough to push back and tell her to stop, so she keeps going to prove herself, that she can do it alone. That was a problem with Courage and it's a problem now; there is no finality, no ending, and without that there is no concept of how to market her catalog. You don't invest money in reissues and archival footage if there might potentially be a big comeback on the way, you wait.

 

We sometimes forget that Rene was not just some svengali that pushed her and pushed her to keep performing. He gave her options and she took them. He was also fiercely protective of her reputation and was probably the loudest voice behind the scenes telling her to cancel a show if she wasn't at her best. More importantly, he loved her and didn't want to see her struggle. He would have told her to just stop everything and put a period at the end of it and line everything up for the "final curtain call."

Edited by jolo87
  • Like 2
Posted

I don't think there must be an "event" - a comeback or a retirement or whatever - to celebrate a catalog.

 

That's the issue : this is 2026 and everything can be done when it comes to media.

 

I said it before and I may repeat myself but A LOT of other artists don't wait anything to talk or do whatever they want with their work or catalog. A LOT of other artists who probably don't have the status, the power or the means that Céline has access to.

 

Having in mind that there must be a reason to do it is like sharing the vision of whoever is in charge that it's OK to dress up, put make up on, pull out a camera & a teleprompteur to record 20 messages about autums leaves or thank yous. This is not OK. Not today.

 

And let's be honest : even with a good reason, they don't do anything. Look at the disaster the after Olympics was. There won't be any other window on such a scale.

 

I don't know what a big comeback would be but whatever it is , it won't have the same impact or viral audience. This is what matters nowadays.

And above all, music industry is physically dead everywhere and back catalogues are not as attractive as it used to be, so whatever they would do wouldn't drag anything major attention. So waiting for anything ( beside death) is useless and difference would be minimal between a proper comeback or a quieter period.

  • Like 1
Posted

What I mean is Rene was serious about her and her career and he is also a gambler so he knows when to fold. His idea probably would have been to announce her retirement and make a big event out of it. We would have probably gotten some more material released, but there would also be an element of sadness and grief to it knowing with finality that it was over.

 

In Rene's absence, Celine has no one strong enough to push back and tell her to stop, so she keeps going to prove herself, that she can do it alone. That was a problem with Courage and it's a problem now; there is no finality, no ending, and without that there is no concept of how to market her catalog. You don't invest money in reissues and archival footage if there might potentially be a big comeback on the way, you wait.

 

We sometimes forget that Rene was not just some svengali that pushed her and pushed her to keep performing. He gave her options and she took them. He was also fiercely protective of her reputation and was probably the loudest voice behind the scenes telling her to cancel a show if she wasn't at her best. More importantly, he loved her and didn't want to see her struggle. He would have told her to just stop everything and put a period at the end of it and line everything up for the "final curtain call."

 

Found myself agreeing to everything you wrote. It's very hard for Celine (if that's the case) accept that at least the touring phase is over for her.

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

 

 

Found myself agreeing to everything you wrote. It's very hard for Celine (if that's the case) accept that at least the touring phase is over for her.

 

Yeah, and I think she really doubled down on the "show must go on" mentality after Rene's death, to sort of keep going to honor him. When that's almost certainly not what he would have wanted.

  • Like 1
Posted

I don't think there must be an "event" - a comeback or a retirement or whatever - to celebrate a catalog.

 

That's the issue : this is 2026 and everything can be done when it comes to media.

 

I said it before and I may repeat myself but A LOT of other artists don't wait anything to talk or do whatever they want with their work or catalog. A LOT of other artists who probably don't have the status, the power or the means that Céline has access to.

 

Having in mind that there must be a reason to do it is like sharing the vision of whoever is in charge that it's OK to dress up, put make up on, pull out a camera & a teleprompteur to record 20 messages about autums leaves or thank yous. This is not OK. Not today.

 

And let's be honest : even with a good reason, they don't do anything. Look at the disaster the after Olympics was. There won't be any other window on such a scale.

 

I don't know what a big comeback would be but whatever it is , it won't have the same impact or viral audience. This is what matters nowadays.

And above all, music industry is physically dead everywhere and back catalogues are not as attractive as it used to be, so whatever they would do wouldn't drag anything major attention. So waiting for anything ( beside death) is useless and difference would be minimal between a proper comeback or a quieter period.

 

For Celine, though, everything is an event. She's either on or off. Everything she releases is an event unto itself. She doesn't have to keep putting out content to stay relevant, if she chooses to release something she gets a massive amount of unpaid PR since it is literally an event. So there's no upside to continually releasing old material or one-off singles, or even just social media content. Did Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston ever do that? No. Mariah is the outlier here but that's mostly due to her narcissistic need for attention.

Posted

 

 

For Celine, though, everything is an event. She's either on or off. Everything she releases is an event unto itself. She doesn't have to keep putting out content to stay relevant, if she chooses to release something she gets a massive amount of unpaid PR since it is literally an event. So there's no upside to continually releasing old material or one-off singles, or even just social media content. Did Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston ever do that? No. Mariah is the outlier here but that's mostly due to her narcissistic need for attention.

 

I believe Mariah does what she does with re-releases because she truly does appreciate her fans. That’s something she has been consistent about for over 30 years in her career.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

 

 

I believe Mariah does what she does with re-releases because she truly does appreciate her fans. That’s something she has been consistent about for over 30 years in her career.

 

Yes, and Mariah writes and co-writes her own music, it behooves her to keep promoting herself.

 

Celine is making people like Diane Warren more rich.

Posted

 

 

Yes, and Mariah writes and co-writes her own music, it behooves her to keep promoting herself.

 

Celine is making people like Diane Warren more rich.

 

Plus I love how aware she is of her own material. If you watch recent interviews of her, you’ll notice she speaks of some really deep cuts from her discography quite often. I’m 100% sure Céline remembers things that would probably surprise us, she just won’t mention rare songs for some reason.

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

Plus I love how aware she is of her own material. If you watch recent interviews of her, you'll notice she speaks of some really deep cuts from her discography quite often. I'm 100% sure Céline remembers things that would probably surprise us, she just won't mention rare songs for some reason.

 

For sure Celine remembers her deep cuts, at least if someone reminds her of it. I remember watching a video of her singing along to I Feel Too Much i think sometimes in 2007/2008 (i remember her hair was the Taking Chances era hair) when someone sang the song to her, though she did mess up the lyrics but i was surprised that she remembered the “I Feel Too…” background vocal (the one in the chorus between the “All i do is think about you night and day” and “too much, too much baby”).

Posted

 

Plus I love how aware she is of her own material. If you watch recent interviews of her, youll notice she speaks of some really deep cuts from her discography quite often. Im 100% sure Céline remembers things that would probably surprise us, she just wont mention rare songs for some reason.

Would love to get more insight in this from Celine.

I think we all do!

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

Posted (edited)

For Celine, though, everything is an event. She's either on or off. Everything she releases is an event unto itself. She doesn't have to keep putting out content to stay relevant, if she chooses to release something she gets a massive amount of unpaid PR since it is literally an event. So there's no upside to continually releasing old material or one-off singles, or even just social media content. Did Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston ever do that? No. Mariah is the outlier here but that's mostly due to her narcissistic need for attention.

 

Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston died before the global digital era. And WH career before her passing was not precisely a model to look up to.

Your vision of the music industry or the reasons why other artists do what they do is inevitably outdated and biaised.

 

I don't think one sec that when Mariah or Madonna releases an EP gathering all remixes of a song that flopped 30 ago thinks "mmhhhh that will draw attention to me or that will make money or I will stay relevant with that".

First of all, it's to make their discography available.

In 2000, not finding a remix that was released on a vinyl 10 years before was OK.

In 2026, there's no other excuse than being lazy, careless and selfish.

Edited by isurrender
  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston died before the global digital era. And WH career before her passing was not precisely a model to look up to.

Your vision of the music industry or the reasons why other artists do what they do is inevitably outdated and biaised.

 

I don't think one sec that when Mariah or Madonna releases an EP gathering all remixes of a song that flopped 30 ago thinks "mmhhhh that will draw attention to me or that will make money or I will stay relevant with that".

First of all, it's to make their discography available.

In 2000, not finding a remix that was released on a vinyl 10 years before was OK.

In 2026, there's no other excuse than being lazy, careless and selfish.

 

I do think Madonna and Mariah do it to stay relevent, I don't think it's driven by money so much as fear of getting old.

 

I really don't think, if MJ or WH were still alive they'd be releasing at the same pace as those two. There's still a place for elusivity and intrigue in the music business today. I made the comparison simply because there are few other artists to compare her to.

 

She could have taken a different approach, that's true. But she didn't. I don't think that shows a careless disrespect for her fans. That truly is to some extent a reflection of the way she chooses to imagine her career. She's all in or all out.

Posted

 

 

For sure Celine remembers her deep cuts, at least if someone reminds her of it. I remember watching a video of her singing along to I Feel Too Much i think sometimes in 2007/2008 (i remember her hair was the Taking Chances era hair) when someone sang the song to her, though she did mess up the lyrics but i was surprised that she remembered the “I Feel Too…” background vocal (the one in the chorus between the “All i do is think about you night and day” and “too much, too much baby”).

 

For sure she remembers her old songs. There have been more than a few deep cuts that she's brought back for no other reason than that she liked them (refuse to dance, love is all we need, etc). She just doesn't like talking about her songs as much as Mariah does. Perhaps she isn't as proud of them, perhaps she is humble to a fault, or perhaps she simply doesn't have much to say about them. Her music has always spoken for itself, that's how she communicates her feelings and she lets the songs do the talking. When she talks about a song it's usually to praise the songwriter or producer or offer some kind of anecdote or memory. She doesn't obsess over her catalogue or fetishize it in the way that other artists do. Her music just is what it is.

Posted

 

 

For sure Celine remembers her deep cuts, at least if someone reminds her of it. I remember watching a video of her singing along to I Feel Too Much i think sometimes in 2007/2008 (i remember her hair was the Taking Chances era hair) when someone sang the song to her, though she did mess up the lyrics but i was surprised that she remembered the “I Feel Too…” background vocal (the one in the chorus between the “All i do is think about you night and day” and “too much, too much baby”).

 

For sure she remembers her old songs. There have been more than a few deep cuts that she's brought back for no other reason than that she liked them (refuse to dance, love is all we need, etc). She just doesn't like talking about her songs as much as Mariah does. Perhaps she isn't as proud of them, perhaps she is humble to a fault, or perhaps she simply doesn't have much to say about them. Her music has always spoken for itself, that's how she communicates her feelings and she lets the songs do the talking. When she talks about a song it's usually to praise the songwriter or producer or offer some kind of anecdote or memory. She doesn't obsess over her catalogue or fetishize it in the way that other artists do. Her music just is what it is.

  • Like 1
Posted

She said in an interview once that her fave songs are usually the B-sides, and we see her often singing random parts of her old songs in interviews.

 

I think she has a great auditory memory--but I don't think she has them as active in her mind like Mariah would. Anyway Celine's career is longer and in two languages so there's more to remember/forget...but yes I do wish Celine was as interested in her legacy and communicating with the fans, but that's not who she is.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Still zilch annocued for the new year for resorts world

Theatre. A huge multi million dollar venue sitting practically vacant when Caesar�s palace already has Jennifer Lopez , Cyndi Lauper, Kelly Clarkson , Dolly Parton, Rod Stewart , etc and then list goes on on sale for 2026.

 

Somthing is up or wayyyyyy the hell

Off lol

 

I feel like since Joyce Smyth is involved, they've been ironing out any legal issues that they couldn't talk about during the 2025 radio silence and they are planning something decent for 2026 at RW. Is that what the renovations at RW were about maybe, to suit a new show that she could manage with her current health issues. Maybe after the success of Joyce Smyth managing the rolling stones recently they are going to try and use some of the same strategies for Cèlines comeback

  • Like 2
Posted
Why would you guys even want Céline to have a new residency in Vegas? The US is a mess right now,is it even safe to perform in Vegas any more?Céline has spent almost half of her life in Vegas,it really is enough...and tourism in the US is down the toilet,I can see that residencies won't be as successful as they used to be,so at this point, I'd rather see Céline stay at home and be safe and enjoy her life.Of course a new album is very welcome.
  • Like 1
Posted

Why would you guys even want Céline to have a new residency in Vegas? The US is a mess right now,is it even safe to perform in Vegas any more?Céline has spent almost half of her life in Vegas,it really is enough...and tourism in the US is down the toilet,I can see that residencies won't be as successful as they used to be,so at this point, I'd rather see Céline stay at home and be safe and enjoy her life.Of course a new album is very welcome.

 

Certainly true that a lot of Europeans would not be comfortable travelling to the US at the moment. I am in a dilemma myself, I would love her to come back but I don't want to go to Vegas again at the moment. Just hoping the Paris rumours have some truth in them.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...