Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted
I like the caesars palace for Celine since it’s her home
  • Like 1
Posted

I like the caesars palace for Celine since it’s her home

 

It’ll likely never happen again. AEG who produces Celine no longer has the Colosseum as their venue.

Posted

Someone of Céline's caliber shouldn't be the one who should save the theatre of RW from being dark most of the year.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

Posted (edited)

Celine will be at Resorts World by years end. That’s been all but confirmed by those in the know , several podcasts with Vegas insiders I listened to earlier this year even before all of this comeback started to take off. So really what’s been happening lately with the resurgence of Celine is of no surprise.

 

Also to the point made about Carrie Underwood, that is totally true because this winter I remember checking available tickets her shows at resorts world and they were selling tickets for $25.00! Lol. So Resorts World having a s*** hemorrhage is very likely 🫢😂

Edited by KyleVan41
Posted

Celine will be at Resorts World by years end. That's been all but confirmed by those in the know , several podcasts with Vegas insiders I listened to earlier this year even before all of this comeback started to take off. So really what's been happening lately with the resurgence of Celine is of no surprise.

 

Also to the point made about Carrie Underwood, that is totally true because this winter I remember checking available tickets her shows at resorts world and they were selling tickets for $25.00! Lol. So Resorts World having a s*** hemorrhage is very likely

 

I told you a 2 days ago, stop saying something will happen with such certainty because you have not been right in 2022, 2023 and in 2024 so far either... As we have seen RH has much bigger problems and you solely base your theory on their empty calendar... but it's been empty for months and simply nobody is filling that void. It doesn't mean anything when it comes to Celine

  • Like 2

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted (edited)

I like the optics of ‘we’re building a Colosseum specifically for Celine and her show’, rather than ‘no-one wants to perform here/we can’t sell existing performers’ tickets so Celine better hurry up’.

 

I don’t like it at all. All Céline’s career she’s been associated with prestige, and the best of the best. I don’t want her to go to some dead end.

Edited by stevo
  • Like 2
Posted

However, AEG/John Meglen/RW Management are pushing for her to be back ASAP. They are worried that right-wing girly pop Barbie (Carrie Underwood) isn't selling enough tickets nor is she a draw to Vegas anymore since Caesar's has Adele, Park MGM now has Mariah, Lady Gaga and Usher/Bruno Mars, and The Cosmopolitan is about to have Toni Braxton. The theatre is dark 70-80% of this year because they don't have any other acts lined up in the immediate future. RW needs Celine more than Celine needs RW. So, my gut feeling is that she will be back on stage at RW this year because of all the things I've been told. Like I said, no date has been set but RW is beginning to get desperate since they have an empty theatre most of the year.

Well, the fact that RW wants her sooner rather than later and badly needs her is obvious. That doesn’t mean she’s in a position to deliver though.

And of course AEG wants her back, given she’s their golden goose. But let’s not forget John Meglen’s experience with MJ. Hopefully he has leaned from that (and from interviews I have posted here with him, I’m fairly confident that’s the case). I get the sense AEG has been very supportive of her through all this; note it’s John Nelson who was there with her for every recent appearance, even in NYC and Boston, not Dave Platel.

Posted

 

Well, the fact that RW wants her sooner rather than later and badly needs her is obvious. That doesn’t mean she’s in a position to deliver though.

And of course AEG wants her back, given she’s their golden goose. But let’s not forget John Meglen’s experience with MJ. Hopefully he has leaned from that (and from interviews I have posted here with him, I’m fairly confident that’s the case). I get the sense AEG has been very supportive of her through all this; note it’s John Nelson who was there with her for every recent appearance, even in NYC and Boston, not Dave Platel.

 

That still has name scratching my head, unless he travels with Celine as a “friend” and not in a professional capacity. What does a AEG rep have to do with a Grammy or hockey appearance? I wonder if his role has changed in her inner circle as some form of co-manager. I just don’t understand why he would “need to” present.

 

 

Posted (edited)

I wonder if his role has changed in her inner circle as some form of co-manager. I just don’t understand why he would “need to” present.

I believe he is indeed acting in a kind of co-manager role. AEG needs her and it’s in their interest to stay close and involved.

And don’t forget, Céline’s personal assistant/ estate manager/ etc is married to her tour director, who’s an AEG employee. So I imagine she’s quite close with her AEG team, probably much more so than with her Sony A&R crew. Obviously performing has become her livelihood, not recording.

 

Edited by scielle
  • Like 1
Posted

 

I believe he is indeed acting in a kind of co-manager role. AEG needs her and it’s in their interest to stay close and involved.

 

So you think he’s the one possibly running the day to day operations?

 

In terms of reaching out to vogue on her behalf etc… wouldn’t be a bad thing n Necessarily, as Dave Platel seemed in over his head in that role…. Yet him and Dennis are still serving as EP on “ I Am: Celine Dion” as they did in “Love Again”. :hmm:

Posted

So you think he’s the one possibly running the day to day operations?

I have no clue, just theorizing.

But since he’s in the touring biz, he’s probably just more use to being on the road, so from a practical perspective it might just make more sense for him to tag along and look after her. I’m sure AEG wants to protect their investment! Believe he’s normally based in Vegas, whereas Denis is in Montreal and Dave I believe is in Toronto. So unless Celine is actively and consistently on the road, it may make little sense for either of them to show up for random one-off things. But, I suspect something like reaching out to Vogue etc would be something Dave Platel would do. He probably inherited a lot of the business relationships from Rene plus he’s an ex-marketer.

  • Like 1
Posted
She was clear the Grammys took it out of her. No way they’ll be a Vegas or tour. I think that is right. She may do an odd concert. Or performance. Certainly no residency. She’d be too poorly. Not worth it.
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

She was clear the Grammys took it out of her. No way they’ll be a Vegas or tour. I think that is right. She may do an odd concert. Or performance. Certainly no residency. She’d be too poorly. Not worth it.

 

I think some people hold onto Celine‘s words to close. Not everything she says is an Easter egg. Is it possible that she phrased the Grammys as it “took it out of” her Because it was her first time stepping out in front of a large public again and an actual stage, and she means in terms of the nerves, etc. The Celine, we saw that night did not look fraile… Not saying that she still isn’t struggling. She probably is from day to day it’s different, but I think you’re taking her words toooooo literal.

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 5
Posted (edited)

She was clear the Grammys took it out of her. No way they'll be a Vegas or tour. I think that is right. She may do an odd concert. Or performance. Certainly no residency. She'd be too poorly. Not worth it.

 

That is not at all what she said. She said The Grammy's wasn't a good day for her, health wise. She never said anything else. Vegas is a lot more probable than a tour, I agree, but because there is consistency here. Her schedule will be able to be set and adjusted as needed. Also, we can look at this disease in the same way Toni Braxton has lupus, which is also an auto-immune disorder. She has good days and bad days, just like Celine. They are around the same age. Toni was out of the spotlight and not performing for quite a few years. And now look, she is getting ready to premiere a Vegas residency on Saturday. Celine will be back, it's just a matter of when at this point.

Edited by seantrainor
Posted

 

 

I told you a 2 days ago, stop saying something will happen with such certainty because you have not been right in 2022, 2023 and in 2024 so far either... As we have seen RH has much bigger problems and you solely base your theory on their empty calendar... but it's been empty for months and simply nobody is filling that void. It doesn't mean anything when it comes to Celine

 

You think because you told me to stop I will ? Get lost. I never spoke of a residency in 2022. You’re daft if you can’t tell she’ll be back at resorts world. Don’t ever reply to me again. Ever.

Posted (edited)

 

 

Edited by KyleVan41
Posted

You think because you told me to stop I will ? Get lost. I never spoke of a residency in 2022. You're daft if you can't tell she'll be back at resorts world. Don't ever reply to me again. Ever.

 

Now you are being just rude. And you expect ME to do what YOU tell me to do then? You don't even have any arguments.

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted

 

 

Now you are being just rude. And you expect ME to do what YOU tell me to do then? You don't even have any arguments.

 

I can’t argue with fools. Bye Felicia

Posted

I like the optics of ‘we’re building a Colosseum specifically for Celine and her show’, rather than ‘no-one wants to perform here/we can’t sell existing performers’ tickets so Celine better hurry up’.

 

 

 

I don’t like it at all. All Céline’s career she’s been associated with prestige, and the best of the best. I don’t want her to go to some dead end.

 

 

Ya I get what you’re saying but don’t forget Celine was supposed to open RW and the execs said she helped design the theatre ….and then this side railed her . But it was always their goal to relaunch her when she was ready and that was / is well documented . I’m sure other residents are also being looked at in rotation. I think the big ABBA show from the uk was rumoured

Posted

I can't argue with fools. Bye Felicia

\

 

And now you are calling me names. That's rather a foolish behaviour. I just pointed out how groundless your theories have been and it's pointless to keep repeating them... but I guess it's hard for you to understand. And I still want Celine to perform, still would love to go to Vegas but it's a different story. You are straying away from the whole point again without any solid arguments.

  • Like 1

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted

 

 

It’ll likely never happen again. AEG who produces Celine no longer has the Colosseum as their venue.

 

Which is ironic and crazy.

The best is yet to come...
Posted

Someone of Céline's caliber shouldn't be the one who should save the theatre of RW from being dark most of the year.

 

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

Maybe but Céline helped design the theater and talked in 2021 about how excited her whole team was to be working with the best equipment and venue from a technical point of view. And when questioned about performing at RW vs. Caesars, she made it clear that she preferred to perform wherever she could put on the best possible show, the prestige or location of the venue being of little importance.

  • Like 2
The best is yet to come...
Posted

Maybe but Céline helped design the theater and talked in 2021 about how excited her whole team was to be working with the best equipment and venue from a technical point of view. And when questioned about performing at RW vs. Caesars, she made it clear that she preferred to perform wherever she could put on the best possible show, the prestige or location of the venue being of little importance.

 

Well it would be weird for them to publically say that RW is not the best venue from a technical point of view, so I don't think we should blindly trust those words.

 

Personally, I didn't see anything special about RW. The Sphere, on the other hand... one can dream

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I think some people hold onto Celine‘s words to close. Not everything she says is an Easter egg. Is it possible that she phrased the Grammys as it “took it out of” her Because it was her first time stepping out in front of a large public again and an actual stage, and she means in terms of the nerves, etc. The Celine, we saw that night did not look fraile… Not saying that she still isn’t struggling. She probably is from day to day it’s different, but I think you’re taking her words toooooo literal.

 

EXACTLY.

 

The only time we can and should analyze the specific words that Céline or her team uses is in official statements. Contrary to Céline’s way of talking a lot without saying much in spontaneous circumstances, it appears that everything they put out officially is meticulously crafted and timed with true meaning to every subtlety and no excess words.

  • Like 2
The best is yet to come...
Posted (edited)

 

 

Well it would be weird for them to publically say that RW is not the best venue from a technical point of view, so I don't think we should blindly trust those words.

 

Personally, I didn't see anything special about RW. The Sphere, on the other hand... one can dream

 

Well yes, they would’ve never said that it wasn’t good. But there is always the option to not talk about it at all. Céline could’ve said that she was just excited to perform again and that’s all that matters to her as she’s always stayed out of business decisions… but she chose to fawn over RW. And I don’t believe it was with the intention of generating hype for RW, just Céline saying what she felt.

 

And yes, the Sphere is SPECTACULAR. Céline had done it all in Vegas… until the Sphere came around. That is where it’s at in terms of still being able to innovate in the Vegas residency model in 2024. And it’s bigger too, which means fewer shows required from a revenue standpoint. Too bad Céline is tied to RW.

Edited by Céline RO
The best is yet to come...
Posted
Having seen the sphere in person it’s impressive but it’s not for Céline… and it depends on her contract type and length for RW but I feel that she will feel that she needs to complete it. Although for me Wynn is now the new Caesars, so I would love her to do a David Blaine and leave RW for Wynn, but being realistic I can’t see that happening.
Posted

I like the optics of ‘we’re building a Colosseum specifically for Celine and her show’, rather than ‘no-one wants to perform here/we can’t sell existing performers’ tickets so Celine better hurry up’.

 

I don’t like it at all. All Céline’s career she’s been associated with prestige, and the best of the best. I don’t want her to go to some dead end.

 

The Resorts World Theatre might as well have been built for her- the stage, the tech and everything surrounding ‘performance’ was built to her specifications.

Posted

\

 

And now you are calling me names. That's rather a foolish behaviour. I just pointed out how groundless your theories have been and it's pointless to keep repeating them... but I guess it's hard for you to understand. And I still want Celine to perform, still would love to go to Vegas but it's a different story. You are straying away from the whole point again without any solid arguments.

 

 

Don’t ever speak to me again. Ever .

 

Posted
RW in general is going downhill quite quickly unfortunately. They have lost millions upon millions of dollars since they opened. Like I stated before, the COO was convicted of money laundering when he worked for MGM. Celine, Carrie, Luke, and Katy unfortunately signed their name to a supposedly innovative new mega-resort before they were the wiser. Now, all that's left is Carrie and like I said, they don't have anyone lined up in the near future. Britney was in talks but that fell through pretty quickly. Several restaurants have closed, and it is not busy compared to the Wynn across the street or any of the major resorts. Celine unfortunately has a contract she has to follow through on. As far as The Sphere goes, that's more for a Beyonce/Janet Jackson type of artist who is an all-around entertainer, not just a vocalist.
Posted
Our commander & chief will sort it out & will once again, save Vegas and the local economy! :)

post-6793-0-52156300-1714137218_thumb.jpeg

  • Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...