Shamrock_1982 Posted May 3, 2024 at 08:51 PM Posted May 3, 2024 at 08:51 PM Hearing from a source in Vegas that a new residency will be announced imminently for RW. Whether it’s Céline or not, they desperately need another artist to fill dates for the rest of this year at their theatre. Let’s wait and see… fingers crossed it’s her 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 3, 2024 at 08:59 PM Posted May 3, 2024 at 08:59 PM (edited) Hearing from a source in Vegas that a new residency will be announced imminently for RW. Whether it’s Céline or not, they desperately need another artist to fill dates for the rest of this year at their theatre. Let’s wait and see… fingers crossed it’s her Fingers and TOES crossed for Celine but I can’t see it, at least not yet. Her vogue answer about not knowing about “ 4 months down the road” basically told me that no time soon for the stage, but let’s pray! Also, would Celine be counted as “new residency” at this point she’s a current residency artist on hiatus. Edited May 3, 2024 at 09:00 PM by Nmj 1 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted May 3, 2024 at 11:37 PM Posted May 3, 2024 at 11:37 PM I think the new ABBA VOYAGE residency will be annocued first and next …before Celine 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 8, 2024 at 02:42 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 02:42 AM Guys, why Celine is not in the list? I mean, she sold out shows in minutes in her opening night up to April 2011 Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Is this something to do with the capacity of the venue? Quote
scielle Posted May 8, 2024 at 03:55 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 03:55 AM Guys, why Celine is not in the list? I mean, she sold out shows in minutes in her opening night up to April 2011 Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetIs this something to do with the capacity of the venue?Because it’s an unsourced list from some random fan account. Anyone can post anything. Doesn’t mean it’s rooted in fact. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 8, 2024 at 04:38 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 04:38 AM Because it's an unsourced list from some random fan account. Anyone can post anything. Doesn't mean it's rooted in fact. I mean, it was on touringdata? But it has to do with the capacity, right? The Dolby Live is 5K in capacity while in Caesars Palalce. I remember it was in 4,100K+? Quote
Davey84 Posted May 8, 2024 at 06:27 AM Author Posted May 8, 2024 at 06:27 AM Guys, why Celine is not in the list? I mean, she sold out shows in minutes in her opening night up to April 2011 Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Is this something to do with the capacity of the venue? Well the tweet says: Top opening nights by female artists in a Las Vegas residency. All these dates are after 2011, when Celine premiered, the oldest one being 2013. So the most logical explanation (if the list is correct), next to the size/ capacity of the venue, is that ticket prices have increased a lot after 2011. 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
No1IrishFan Posted May 8, 2024 at 06:32 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 06:32 AM She was #5 on the list before Mariah was added. Number was around 600k if I’m not mistaken. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 8, 2024 at 08:00 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 08:00 AM Well the tweet says: Top opening nights by female artists in a Las Vegas residency. All these dates are after 2011, when Celine premiered, the oldest one being 2013. So the most logical explanation (if the list is correct), next to the size/ capacity of the venue, is that ticket prices have increased a lot after 2011. Right! The increased of ticket prices + The capacity of the venue.. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 8, 2024 at 08:02 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 08:02 AM But overall… it’s Celine https://www.billboard.com/lists/top-grossing-concert-residencies-all-time/ Quote
Ukrfan Posted May 8, 2024 at 08:42 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 08:42 AM But overall… it’s Celine https://www.billboar...ncies-all-time/ Crazy to think that U2 grossed almost the same money at the Sphere in a few months as "Celine" did during the 8 years. With 10 times fewer number of concerts. Wow. 2 Quote
Critiaslux Posted May 8, 2024 at 10:25 AM Posted May 8, 2024 at 10:25 AM Crazy to think that U2 grossed almost the same money at the Sphere in a few months as "Celine" did during the 8 years. With 10 times fewer number of concerts. Wow. And 3 times less persons. Crazy price per seat! 1 Quote
Ukrfan Posted May 8, 2024 at 12:55 PM Posted May 8, 2024 at 12:55 PM And 3 times less persons.Crazy price per seat! Yet still sold out. And it's an arena, not a theater. Quote
tshlw Posted May 8, 2024 at 01:45 PM Posted May 8, 2024 at 01:45 PM Crazy to think that U2 grossed almost the same money at the Sphere in a few months as "Celine" did during the 8 years. With 10 times fewer number of concerts. Wow. Are any of these list taking into account inflation? The price of tickets for Celine's shows now compared to what cost back in 2003 would be so different. 1 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
Critiaslux Posted May 9, 2024 at 06:43 AM Posted May 9, 2024 at 06:43 AM Are any of these list taking into account inflation? The price of tickets for Celine's shows now compared to what cost back in 2003 would be so different. Nope, that’s the current prices not taking into consideration inflation, just like for usual movies box-office numbers (that’s why there are so many “billion” movies nowadays but with inflation the biggest would still be Gone with the wind) Quote
manu23 Posted May 9, 2024 at 01:05 PM Posted May 9, 2024 at 01:05 PM (edited) And 3 times less persons.Crazy price per seat! That's why they should do these lists adjusting tickets price to inflation. Edit: funny I was going to give the same Gone with the Wind example. Edited May 9, 2024 at 01:07 PM by manu23 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2024 at 11:31 AM Posted May 19, 2024 at 11:31 AM (edited) Look at the new and improved Colosseum at Caesars Palace. This place is much better than Resorts World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVKWii23sCE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9freSHwE0 And the new speakers sounds.. IMPROVED! Edited May 19, 2024 at 11:47 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
Cuchi Posted May 22, 2024 at 01:36 PM Posted May 22, 2024 at 01:36 PM (edited) From Perez Hilton a few days ago, watch from 3:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOKkMmT_2-Q Edited May 22, 2024 at 01:42 PM by Cuchi Quote
Davey84 Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:07 PM Author Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:07 PM From Perez Hilton a few days ago, watch from 3:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOKkMmT_2-Q First... Perez is really getting old! Second... let's hope he's right and there's an announcement on the horizon!! 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Nmj Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:08 PM Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:08 PM (edited) First... Perez is really getting old! Second... let's hope he's right and there's an announcement on the horizon!! We all are. The mirror has me double taking lol, and I’m fairly young still. I hope he knows what he’s talking about and not just reading the Johnny K columns. Edited May 22, 2024 at 02:11 PM by Nmj Quote
No1IrishFan Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:14 PM Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:14 PM How reliable is Perez these days? I stopped paying attention to him years ago! 2 Quote
scielle Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:18 PM Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:18 PM I hope he knows what he's talking about and not just reading the Johnny K columns. Yes, let us hope so! I think you made a very good point yesterday in the doc thread - why would John Nelson hang around her at every appearance, public and otherwise, if there wasn't some hope of a comeback to the stage? Unless he joined her management team in some capacity, which could well be the case with Dave Platel being completely invisible and Danis Savage doing his regular day job in Montreal/ at Piccolo. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:41 PM Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:41 PM Yes, let us hope so! I think you made a very good point yesterday in the doc thread - why would John Nelson hang around her at every appearance, public and otherwise, if there wasn't some hope of a comeback to the stage? Unless he joined her management team in some capacity, which could well be the case with Dave Platel being completely invisible and Danis Savage doing his regular day job in Montreal/ at Piccolo. Even as a manager would he need to join at a hockey game?? We don’t have much to base it off of because her first manager was her husband and the Aldo era was short lived And we didn’t see any “ personal fun” gigs as we are seeing now it was all music related. Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:45 PM Posted May 22, 2024 at 02:45 PM We all are. The mirror has me double taking lol, and I’m fairly young still. I hope he knows what he’s talking about and not just reading the Johnny K columns. Perez seems to be based in LV nowadays, so let's hope he knows more 😊 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 23, 2024 at 04:03 AM Posted May 23, 2024 at 04:03 AM How many more chances are there for Celine to visit the Adele residency? Quote
remykyes Posted May 23, 2024 at 12:51 PM Posted May 23, 2024 at 12:51 PM How many more chances are there for Celine to visit the Adele residency? From what I saw on Wikipedia, the following dates remain: May 24, 25, 31June 1, 7, 8, 14, 15October 25, 26November 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23 So, 18 dates left as of this post. Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 23, 2024 at 01:01 PM Posted May 23, 2024 at 01:01 PM Would she do it on the eve of the doc do we think for extra exposure ahead of the release? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 26, 2024 at 09:26 AM Posted May 26, 2024 at 09:26 AM (edited) I like to be organised in general and I do believe she will be back performing in Vegas but I can only imagine ticket prices for her to now be crazy prices so I have already started saving for my trip to vegas whenever that may be… something to look forward to! Edited May 26, 2024 at 09:37 AM by Shamrock_1982 2 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted May 26, 2024 at 06:35 PM Posted May 26, 2024 at 06:35 PM I like to be organised in general and I do believe she will be back performing in Vegas but I can only imagine ticket prices for her to now be crazy prices so I have already started saving for my trip to vegas whenever that may be… something to look forward to! I would bet my bottom dollar Vegas is announced by end of June at latest. I’ve been saying this a long time. But demand will be insane. And prices too!!! But I’m going ! 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 26, 2024 at 09:58 PM Posted May 26, 2024 at 09:58 PM Omg! I’ve just seen Christina Aguilera and Kylie in Las Vegas on YouTube. Are they really calling them Las Vegas residencies? I’m shook. Terrible! There is no comparison between Celine’s residencies. I will understand going forward when big artists say they have a residency - most are so low budget and forgettable. Kev x Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.