flutefreak Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM It works for me but you have to wait a few minutes. Looks black and like it doesn't work at first. It stopped and started a few times then I got it to play entirely using my phone. Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:29 AM Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:29 AM It works for me but you have to wait a few minutes. Looks black and like it doesn't work at first. It stopped and started a few times then I got it to play entirely using my phone.Ok thanks! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
anewdayhascome Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:42 AM Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:42 AM (edited) I may be in the minority but I prefer the English version it's MUCH better! Fred isn't needed The problem with both songs is though the fact that it's not extraordinary, it's slow and it doesn't really evolve... What's more the main problem for me is that there are too many long instrumental parts which are really boring. Both lack energy... They're cute but that's all. On the other hand, we have to bear in mind that it's for a cartoon for children, so in my opinion it's ok. It's just OK. I just hope they won't be included on neither album (fr or eng). If there is anyone who could share both versions (mp3s), I'd be really grateful. Just PM me Edited October 30, 2015 at 11:45 AM by anewdayhascome 2 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Davey84 Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:54 AM Posted October 30, 2015 at 11:54 AM I think it's s lovely song. I only don't like she sings the "bridge" at the end of the song. Before the ooooh ooooohs. I think the French version is indeed a bit more magical! 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
A new day... Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM This is a perfect Christmas time song. 2 Quote
Allysadreams Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM I heard the english version, if you go in through facebook to listen to the red heals post on your phone change the facebook to desk top version and then it will work. I love this song, I think it is just as good as the french version maybe better because it is just Celine.....I really wish I could have the mp3 versions of both songs, please can some one pm me please? Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
CelineDionFreak Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:13 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:13 PM The English song is just soooooo good. I love her voice. It's so soft. The year of rest really did her good! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
artistman2007 Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:14 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:14 PM I loooooooooooooove the English version ,u know what even when there's no high notes at all she's still interesting to listen to mush hug 3 Quote
artistman2007 Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:21 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:21 PM Don't consider that she wanted to make a hit ,consider that it's a light song that just goes with concept of the movie. ,or maybe just wanted to do it for a change ,so just take it easy ,if it's a single for example for a new album I would definitely say no 2 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM I definitely prefer this new English version, sounds much more intimate! 7 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
ryba Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:02 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:02 PM Can we include it in the multimedia section, as not everybody is able to purchase it due to country specific restrictions? 2 Quote
LukeD Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:26 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:26 PM (edited) This marks the first time an English version of her songs is superior to the French one. I find the song sweet and heartfelt, a much needed addition to her english catalogue. Edited October 30, 2015 at 02:27 PM by LukeD 6 Quote
celine4evauk Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:27 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:27 PM Still not that keen on the song but I do prefer the english solo to the french duet. 1 Quote
Philippe1984 Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:36 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 02:36 PM French version is better for me. 1 Quote
québecflower Posted October 30, 2015 at 04:52 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 04:52 PM prefer the french, but i always prefer her in french. 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Shaun Posted October 30, 2015 at 05:40 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 05:40 PM Yeah I prefer the French version too but only I think because I heard it first and have gotten used to it. It's a pleasant song. 1 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Xpresso Posted October 30, 2015 at 06:12 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 06:12 PM I like the English song too. So soft and cute Add this song to the unfinished Xmas album and release it already!! Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 30, 2015 at 06:32 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 06:32 PM This marks the first time an English version of her songs is superior to the French one. I find the song sweet and heartfelt, a much needed addition to her english catalogue. What about "Je t'aime encore"??? I prefer the English to the French. This song is nice. Definitely good for easy listening. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
powerofamor17 Posted October 30, 2015 at 07:43 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 07:43 PM This English version is alot better. Fred, is meh, and brought her down. Kind-of Luke Incredible, I wish we could've heard her sing the whole song solo. She sounded fantastic. But this version is it for me. 1 Quote
ryba Posted October 30, 2015 at 07:53 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 07:53 PM Can we include it in the multimedia section, as not everybody is able to purchase it due to country specific restrictions? Quote
LukeD Posted October 30, 2015 at 08:30 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 08:30 PM (edited) What about "Je t'aime encore"??? I prefer the English to the French. This song is nice. Definitely good for easy listening.IMO Je T'aime Encore and Vole tie with their respective french versions. IDK is inferior to JSP and ITWIT is garbage when compared to PQTME. Edited October 30, 2015 at 08:30 PM by LukeD 1 Quote
contre5nature Posted October 30, 2015 at 08:44 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 08:44 PM (edited) Can we include it in the multimedia section, as not everybody is able to purchase it due to country specific restrictions? Try here!! https://vimeo.com/144107389 I prefer the song in french language, but I love better the solo version... I like Fred, but Céline alone is another thing!!! Edited October 30, 2015 at 08:50 PM by sunshania 1 Quote
Unisono Posted October 30, 2015 at 08:58 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 08:58 PM The english version is pretty much different. Even if I find it hard to understand what she sings at the very beginning of the song, her voice is marvellous. The melody changes al lot after the first chorus and I got someway lost (it's the strongest part of the french version)... she sings "father" in a completely different way from "père" (and I melt everytime I hear "père") but she creates something new. Quote
powerofamor17 Posted October 30, 2015 at 09:34 PM Posted October 30, 2015 at 09:34 PM I adore this version!!! Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 31, 2015 at 10:52 AM Posted October 31, 2015 at 10:52 AM It's nice that we have two versions. Bot sure people who don't speak a word of French can say the English one is better, but it certainly does stand alone well. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelineDionFreak Posted October 31, 2015 at 01:06 PM Posted October 31, 2015 at 01:06 PM It's nice that we have two versions. Bot sure people who don't speak a word of French can say the English one is better, but it certainly does stand alone well.That's very true. Some people would say the English is better. But I speak some French and I think they're both amazing 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
celine4evauk Posted October 31, 2015 at 03:56 PM Posted October 31, 2015 at 03:56 PM That's very true. Some people would say the English is better. But I speak some French and I think they're both amazing I don't prefer the english version purely because it's english! Think it's probably more to do with it just being celine - alone. 😅 2 Quote
powerofamor17 Posted October 31, 2015 at 06:43 PM Posted October 31, 2015 at 06:43 PM It's nice that we have two versions. Bot sure people who don't speak a word of French can say the English one is better, but it certainly does stand alone well.Or people who just like the English version like the English version more. Whether English or French, Celine's delivery ultimately decides the preference, not the language. Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 31, 2015 at 06:44 PM Posted October 31, 2015 at 06:44 PM Or people who just like the English version like the English version more. Whether English or French, Celine's delivery ultimately decides the preference, not the language. No. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
powerofamor17 Posted October 31, 2015 at 06:58 PM Posted October 31, 2015 at 06:58 PM No.Yes. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.