Jump to content

Post YouTube/video links you want to share here


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

One of my reasons of why i thought it was a playback fail is because at most shows she was moving around. Ad libbing or karate kicking it. It almost appears as this show celine pauses touches her monitor to get message she has to sing live maybe? Idk. Personally it didnt look planned but just my opinion. It also was a little flat i think? If she dropped the playback to slay it she would have been more on point.

 

Well imo the reason it didnt sound too good is that

 

1) She hadnt belted a C5 for that long in a LONG time.

2) her midbelts were not polished or up to standards during TC era

3) The monitor could have been the reason she was flat ?

Posted (edited)

Well imo the reason it didnt sound too good is that

 

1) She hadnt belted a C5 for that long in a LONG time.

2) her midbelts were not polished or up to standards during TC era

3) The monitor could have been the reason she was flat ?

 

I disagree with #1 and #2. I'll elaborate. February-April 08 at start of tour she really was on fire!! Her range up to F#5 was better then than it is now, and anytime after her first break. This was during that time. She demonstrated multiple times things I wish she stuck with.

 

To say her midbelts were not polished or up to standard is a bit of a misrepresentation. Man's World had a D5 belt that was sustained to end the song. Before she mixed notes around G5-A5 in that song she was belting multiple D5's and at least one F5-F#5 which sounded chestier than most of her mixes tend to now. I agree as the tour went on, yes the belts were not up to par. Belts got headier... attempts got lessened, as silly adlibbing increased. First few My Love performances had a nice Eb5 belt that was sustained...at the end it wasn't even impressive. But, starting the tour after rest reminded me of the same feelings her voice made me feel when she returned in 2015. She was rested, and going for a few more notes than what she did in Vegas. The opening night February 14th, 2008 was a better ABM high note than any of the 90's one. Every last one of them had some strain in the 90's, but that 08 was as clear as can be. If anything, she just didn't show us that much in the mid-belt range. She chose to lip a lot of these on the tour, and most of her belts she did do were mixed... I wouldn't say the QUALITY of the ones she did give us in early 2008 were less than now. The quantity then surely was less. I wonder if she had sang The Reason in Africa and Asia in 2008 how it would sound? The Copenhagen show was VERY solid, but every one after as amazing as it STILL was, there was strain that IMO I think wouldn't be as evident in 2008 - but that is really just my imagination of how I imagine it sounding LOL.

 

TSMGO had a LONG C#5 to end the song.....and she was used to singing long notes from the I surrender ending in Vegas. She did the Alone C5 ending during the promo - the today show performance was sustained a bit longer than usual - though the ending was set up a little differently.

 

I do think that maybe her ear monitor could be a possibly? I think maybe she was caught off guard. Same thing with I surrender on August 29th. It wasn't bad, but all the best parts were either modified/not tried. If you're not expecting to have to do something, to suddenly jump in with little to no notice makes it difficult to imitate a standard??

 

Remember first few times she sang the F5 in Purple Rain, there were at least 2 really terrible ones and the first handful sounded different....after a few, she got into a rhythm and it's consistent now. Same with the ending in Tous les blues... first couple were wondering where is this going?? Ehhhh...idk....now you can almost predict it. Once she gets into a rhythm she will surely shine. Throwing an unexpected wrench likely won't result in perfection.

 

I think being caught off guard is more likely than her vocal state at the time.

 

Edit...geez first time in a LONG time I'm typing on my computer instead of the phone. Easy to write a bunch more lol!

Edited by Tyler1991
Posted

 

I've missed her, I was a few minutes too late :pinch:

You could see? I could break! Did you notice all my mistakes? | *taking a kayak* | thanks @TakingChances for the signatur

4vsjj4do.jpg

♥ Vienna ♥ Las Vegas ♥ Paris ♥ Lille ♥ Berlin ♥ London ♥ Québec City ♥

Posted

 

 

Where/when was this??

The outfit looks like Berlin?

  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

 

 

I disagree with #1 and #2. I'll elaborate. February-April 08 at start of tour she really was on fire!! Her range up to F#5 was better then than it is now, and anytime after her first break. This was during that time. She demonstrated multiple times things I wish she stuck with.

 

To say her midbelts were not polished or up to standard is a bit of a misrepresentation. Man's World had a D5 belt that was sustained to end the song. Before she mixed notes around G5-A5 in that song she was belting multiple D5's and at least one F5-F#5 which sounded chestier than most of her mixes tend to now. I agree as the tour went on, yes the belts were not up to par. Belts got headier... attempts got lessened, as silly adlibbing increased. First few My Love performances had a nice Eb5 belt that was sustained...at the end it wasn't even impressive. But, starting the tour after rest reminded me of the same feelings her voice made me feel when she returned in 2015. She was rested, and going for a few more notes than what she did in Vegas. The opening night February 14th, 2008 was a better ABM high note than any of the 90's one. Every last one of them had some strain in the 90's, but that 08 was as clear as can be. If anything, she just didn't show us that much in the mid-belt range. She chose to lip a lot of these on the tour, and most of her belts she did do were mixed... I wouldn't say the QUALITY of the ones she did give us in early 2008 were less than now. The quantity then surely was less. I wonder if she had sang The Reason in Africa and Asia in 2008 how it would sound? The Copenhagen show was VERY solid, but every one after as amazing as it STILL was, there was strain that IMO I think wouldn't be as evident in 2008 - but that is really just my imagination of how I imagine it sounding LOL.

 

TSMGO had a LONG C#5 to end the song.....and she was used to singing long notes from the I surrender ending in Vegas. She did the Alone C5 ending during the promo - the today show performance was sustained a bit longer than usual - though the ending was set up a little differently.

 

I do think that maybe her ear monitor could be a possibly? I think maybe she was caught off guard. Same thing with I surrender on August 29th. It wasn't bad, but all the best parts were either modified/not tried. If you're not expecting to have to do something, to suddenly jump in with little to no notice makes it difficult to imitate a standard??

 

Remember first few times she sang the F5 in Purple Rain, there were at least 2 really terrible ones and the first handful sounded different....after a few, she got into a rhythm and it's consistent now. Same with the ending in Tous les blues... first couple were wondering where is this going?? Ehhhh...idk....now you can almost predict it. Once she gets into a rhythm she will surely shine. Throwing an unexpected wrench likely won't result in perfection.

 

I think being caught off guard is more likely than her vocal state at the time.

 

Edit...geez first time in a LONG time I'm typing on my computer instead of the phone. Easy to write a bunch more lol!

 

 

Id easily say 2011-2013 Celine was FAR more vocally capable than early 2008 Celine was. More full and resonant mid belts, better upper belts, more consistency, a higher level of support. Etc.

 

As for the IAMW D5, she was quite flat a few times, it also wasnt as resonant as her D5s should be. IMO her D5s in IDAN in 2017 were better than 2008. As with her 2017 versions of TT being better than 2008.

 

Her C#5-B4 belt in TSMGO was okay until around April then it went flat sounding and not realy resonant at all. As for saying I Surrender gave her long note capabilities, dont forget I Surrender was only around G#4, not a C#5 or a B4 both of which were rare for Celine to attmept at all in AND era and in TC era it was further shown that her mid belts were no where near as good as they were in 2002/3 or 2011-2013. I would go as far to say her mid belts now are far... stronger than they were back then. Her voice was more fragile then.

 

If she sang the reason in 08 it wouldnt have been as good as 2017. In 2008 Celines Mid Belts were easily less powerful and consistent than 2017 and her belts in TSMGO were beaten by the AMAZING B4 belts in Ordinaire in 2016.

 

In 2008 her mid belts sounded flatter, less powerful and less supported. If i compare her 2008 TSMGO long belt with Ordinaires long belt in 2016 or her Stockholm B4 in 2017, it would be obvious 2016/7 would be better.

 

Im not saying she lacked mid belts then, but from 2011 onwards her mid belts were far stronger.

 

As for All By Myself, in the 90s she used pure chest and was very chesty in her Eb5/E5 attempt. However, in 2008 she used a heady mix which was headier than the playback, meaning it was easier to hit. In the grammys in 1997, she hit the E5 very raspy but then as the drums kicked in she opened her throat and placed it in the mask. Making the rest of the E5 EXTREMELY resonant and ringing.

 

Thats all lol

  • Like 1
Posted
No, your not crazy, cause I see it as well
Posted

 

Am I crazy or Celine has a heart in the middle of her forehead?

 

I haven't noticed it all these years until u mention it. Lol

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

 

Id easily say 2011-2013 Celine was FAR more vocally capable than early 2008 Celine was. More full and resonant mid belts, better upper belts, more consistency, a higher level of support. Etc.

 

As for the IAMW D5, she was quite flat a few times, it also wasnt as resonant as her D5s should be. IMO her D5s in IDAN in 2017 were better than 2008. As with her 2017 versions of TT being better than 2008.

 

Her C#5-B4 belt in TSMGO was okay until around April then it went flat sounding and not realy resonant at all. As for saying I Surrender gave her long note capabilities, dont forget I Surrender was only around G#4, not a C#5 or a B4 both of which were rare for Celine to attmept at all in AND era and in TC era it was further shown that her mid belts were no where near as good as they were in 2002/3 or 2011-2013. I would go as far to say her mid belts now are far... stronger than they were back then. Her voice was more fragile then.

 

If she sang the reason in 08 it wouldnt have been as good as 2017. In 2008 Celines Mid Belts were easily less powerful and consistent than 2017 and her belts in TSMGO were beaten by the AMAZING B4 belts in Ordinaire in 2016.

 

In 2008 her mid belts sounded flatter, less powerful and less supported. If i compare her 2008 TSMGO long belt with Ordinaires long belt in 2016 or her Stockholm B4 in 2017, it would be obvious 2016/7 would be better.

 

Im not saying she lacked mid belts then, but from 2011 onwards her mid belts were far stronger.

 

As for All By Myself, in the 90s she used pure chest and was very chesty in her Eb5/E5 attempt. However, in 2008 she used a heady mix which was headier than the playback, meaning it was easier to hit. In the grammys in 1997, she hit the E5 very raspy but then as the drums kicked in she opened her throat and placed it in the mask. Making the rest of the E5 EXTREMELY resonant and ringing.

 

Thats all lol

 

You do make some interesting points, i enioyed reading. It is nice having another person on here who likes to discuss the more intricate vocal element.

 

I definitely can agree that 2011-2013 were very strong years. Its easy to forget that considering how few high notes her live songs at the time required...The eb5 she ended abm with was very strong. Strong enough to where she could have went for the first one imo. The few times she tried that ending in 2016 were mostly a struggle. Of course she was struggling overall after rene passed with her voice. I do think the last couple vegas shows in june 2016 before the tour she finally got that eb5 closer to how she was doing it in 2011-2013. Trying to remember how they sounded in 2015... I just remember that august 27th she failed on the opening night at the ending one. I wish she had tried that in 2008. I honestly think it would have sounded better than even the best attempt in 2016. But then, i do agree with your point that her d5's of late had been better than IAMW. The idan d5 was very good and consistent...definitely better than iamw. Its strange how her mhwgo d5 was not as consistent. Wonder if being the first song compared to last makes a difference.

Posted (edited)

https://youtu.be/lYjqojwp2hQ

 

Am I crazy or Celine has a heart in the middle of her forehead?

 

Lol, I had never noticed it. It's probably a combination of the effects of lighting+make up.

Edited by Celine Fan 77

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

 

 

You do make some interesting points, i enioyed reading. It is nice having another person on here who likes to discuss the more intricate vocal element.

 

I definitely can agree that 2011-2013 were very strong years. Its easy to forget that considering how few high notes her live songs at the time required...The eb5 she ended abm with was very strong. Strong enough to where she could have went for the first one imo. The few times she tried that ending in 2016 were mostly a struggle. Of course she was struggling overall after rene passed with her voice. I do think the last couple vegas shows in june 2016 before the tour she finally got that eb5 closer to how she was doing it in 2011-2013. Trying to remember how they sounded in 2015... I just remember that august 27th she failed on the opening night at the ending one. I wish she had tried that in 2008. I honestly think it would have sounded better than even the best attempt in 2016. But then, i do agree with your point that her d5's of late had been better than IAMW. The idan d5 was very good and consistent...definitely better than iamw. Its strange how her mhwgo d5 was not as consistent. Wonder if being the first song compared to last makes a difference.

 

 

The placement of the song really does matter. MHWGO is always at the end, its always last. Therefore when her voice is most tired, shes belting these full D5s that are quite hard for her to do giving that shes just performed like 20 songs before them. IDANs D5s had me quaking really, she was hitting them with massive resonance and honestly after that. Id like 2018 Celine with all this rest to retry IAMW.

Posted

 

check this one out, I thought it was really her, I'm really floored by this one

Posted

Is it me or does the Albanian song from Eurovision 2018 sounds quite like Celine's "A World To Believe In"?

 

 

No it’s not you, I noticed it too!

  • Like 1
Posted

OMG I'm so upset that Condors channels have been terminated, all because someone complained of copyright issues.

 

I haven't had any time to check out his videos but knew he had uploaded LOT, so I was really looking forward to see them.

 

Why is it that someone has to ruin a good thing. And I don't care if it's the broadcasting company or an individual. All the videos had been shown on tv and were already available on Youtube. The only thing he was doing was to put subtitles to the videos so people all around the world could enjoy it.

 

I really really hope that Condor can publish the videos somewhere else but I will understand it 100% if he lost all motivation :cry:

  • Like 7
Posted

 

OMG GO TO 2:36 for roughly 30 seconds live clip of a song that to my knowledge no one has known to ever be sang live. I about fell over. And those outfits are way more colorful and fitting for camera than the recorded show we got.

  • Like 6
Posted

 

OMG GO TO 2:36 for roughly 30 seconds live clip of a song that to my knowledge no one has known to ever be sang live. I about fell over. And those outfits are way more colorful and fitting for camera than the recorded show we got.

 

I’m Loving Every Moment With You 😍

Posted

 

Kev x

  • Like 2
Posted

Love these old clips!

Would be so amazing if they released all these concerts :wub:

 

I'm loving every moment with youuuu :wub:

 

 

OMG GO TO 2:36 for roughly 30 seconds live clip of a song that to my knowledge no one has known to ever be sang live. I about fell over. And those outfits are way more colorful and fitting for camera than the recorded show we got.

  • Like 2
Posted
Older videos are always better. I really love this song.
Posted (edited)
Today the Official VC on Youtube has ~16K views/hour. The past 2 days had was like ~21K views/hour. Edited by Moleque20
Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted

Id say Celines vocal peaks were as follows :

 

1992 as stated above

 

1994 and 1995 two of the greatest live albums of her career vocally and artistically

 

Early 1996, January to May was EXCELLENT vocally

 

2002 was GODLY

 

2011 was also GODLY, showing how good she sounds after a break

 

agree with you but in my opinion i would add the beginning of the TC tour, her voice was on fire! also the first concerts in 2015 really good

Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg

Posted

I think 2007 was not impressive but 2008 at the beginning of the tour was great.

 

The very first performance of fade away she nailed all the high belts at the end. It was the only time she really went for every belt in this song and they sounded great.

https://youtu.be/m-mTLjZjAnA

 

 

The rehearsal of thats just the woman in me where she sang it way better than the tour playback.

https://youtu.be/EYHEGD1HEis

 

 

The earlier shows she sang the bridge note in alone more chesty as an f5 or f#5 and it was amazing. Way better than when she mixed it heavily and went higher. Also in this video the final playback failed.

https://youtu.be/Y6AKjBcDD3Q

 

 

Exact same thoughts on the "everything they can" belt in its a mans world. Earlier shows it was an f5 or f#5, slightly sustained. Interestingly she ditched that way even before europe but for one of the 4 dvd tapings she reverted back, obviously they didnt use it..2:29

https://youtu.be/PtM46kbYkPc

 

 

Then we have the opening show where she sang the high note in abm for the last time and the only time since millennium. That note, pity the crap video and sound quality, but it was perfect. Less strain than in the 90s. One of her best ever attempts.

https://youtu.be/WHuf63TiFMA

 

 

I got the music in me....wasnt that a fun number to open with for awhile?

https://youtu.be/P_wlmJs2QE8

 

 

Most of the 2008 shows she sang show must go on. This was when the ending c#5 was always live.

https://youtu.be/65jnw5csdhQ

 

 

I know many didnt particularly care for tcwt performance of think twice but personally the e5 sustained baby belt was definitely easier to hit then than it is now (though she still does a solid job hitting it, you can tell it was so easy then).

https://youtu.be/FoylkSy5ntg

 

just WOW

fade away was.. speechless

this tour (the beginning) was vocally amazing! i wish they have recorded the dvd at that time...

Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...