Jump to content

Mission: Bring back PQTME to #1 to celebrate 20th anniversary of D'Eux release


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well they've reached the TOP 10!!!!!!!!

 

"Pour que tu m'aimes encore" is back in the Top 10 in France?

Posted (edited)

 

 

"Pour que tu m'aimes encore" is back in the Top 10 in France?

They posted that enough people have contributed to get it there. The official buying of singles starts March 23 and the campaign ends March 29th. So I guess we'll see this week if they're able to pull this off.

 

It would be kinda cool if they can do this and add this to Celine's list of accomplishments.

Edited by ehild

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

They posted that enough people have contributed to get it there. The official buying of singles starts March 23 and the campaign ends March 29th. So I guess we'll see this week if they're able to pull this off.

 

It would be kinda cool if they can do this and add this to Celine's list of accomplishments.

 

If their efforts are proven successful, perhaps it will inspire the rest of the Celine world to band together for other songs to get recognition. Only time will tell!

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

 

 

If their efforts are proven successful, perhaps it will inspire the rest of the Celine world to band together for other songs to get recognition. Only time will tell!

Yes! I would love to see other projects like this throughout the years. Maybe even for entire albums.

Edited by ehild

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
Does anyone know how single distribution works for this project? I'm assuming we're just donating so the RH can purchase singles to get the song where they want it to be. Just wasn't sure if they are actually distributing digital copies or actual singles to everyone. I wouldn't think so but just curious. For those of you that bought 75 singles....could you imagine getting hard copies of all that? Lol

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

Yes! I would love to see other projects like this throughout the years. Maybe even for entire albums.

 

To me, i personally think it is kinda acceptable to do this for very special occassion. If we do this kind of project all the time, and everybody does that, the chart will lose its essence. Instead of really about popularity, the chart will end up becoming on who's fan-base has more money. Just my two cents.

  • Like 6
Posted (edited)
I understand the sentiments, but in MY OPINION, I just think it's kind of nonsense for fans to spend money on a song we already have supported in many different formats on many different albums and releases. I'd rather see all the money collected go to a charity that Celine officially supports and she acknowledges those who contributed in some way. Whether it's a simple thank you video message, or she matches the amount donated, but I just think for people to get this on the charts for number's sake is dumb. But I get it for fans who live on the charts and want to see their artist #1, but I just don't get it. But I still don't really understand The Red Heads and "their mission" as fans. They seem very cult-like.

Yeah I agree.

 

Edited by Prima_Donna1
  • Like 3

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

Why couldn't we have done this for the singles of LMBTL? I'm feeling positive about this project and buying my singles today!

 

Kev x

  • Like 4
Posted

 

 

To me, i personally think it is kinda acceptable to do this for very special occassion. If we do this kind of project all the time, and everybody does that, the chart will lose its essence. Instead of really about popularity, the chart will end up becoming on who's fan-base has more money. Just my two cents.

Agreed. It can't be all the time.

 

Why couldn't we have done this for the singles of LMBTL? I'm feeling positive about this project and buying my singles today!

 

Kev x

I would love to see them bring this song and album back to life (pun intended lol). It just has to be under the right circumstances.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

Agreed. It can't be all the time.

 

 

I would love to see them bring this song and album back to life (pun intended lol). It just has to be under the right circumstances.

 

What I mean is back when they came out

 

Kev x

  • Like 3
Posted

Just brought 10 anyway.... See where this goes... Its not a great deal to spend

 

Who else is going to contribute??

 

Kev x

Posted (edited)

The reason why a single gets to the no1 position should be because of its popularity; people love the song. it has recently been played on the radio, tv, internet and people decide to buy the single ( something that does not happen a lot anymore with downloading being so easy). So this is the other way, encourage Celine fans around the world to buy a song that has already been in the charts a long time ago. And that fanbase is very big. So yes, it could get to that no1 position. But that is not how it should be.

Then michael jackson fans or adele fans can decide something like this as well and suddenly get back an early song back in the top 10. It says nothing. It only shows how much fans want to spend to realize something for their idol. To be honest I think it is a bit crazy.

The charts show what is hot at this moment. I think French chart listeners look weird when suddenly Celine Dion is on the no1 position with a very old French song. This is not what a chart is intended for.

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 4
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

The reason why a single gets to the no1 position should be because of its popularity; people love the song. it has recently been played on the radio, tv, internet and people decide to buy the single ( something that does not happen a lot anymore with downloading being so easy). So this is the other way, encourage Celine fans around the world to buy a song that has already been in the charts a long time ago. And that fanbase is very big. So yes, it could get to that no1 position. But that is not how it should be.

Then michael jackson fans or adele fans can decide something like this as well and suddenly get back an early song back in the top 10. It says nothing. It only shows how much fans want to spend to realize something for their idol. To be honest I think it is a bit crazy.

The charts show what is hot at this moment. I think French chart listeners look weird when suddenly Celine Dion is on the no1 position with a very old French song. This is not what a chart is intended for.

 

No I disagree... The charts do not show what is popular...... In fact they show very little of what people want to listen to.....

 

When for the most part have the radio supported celine this last decade?

 

Kev x

  • Like 3
Posted
I'm sorry but I really don't see the point.
  • Like 5

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg

 

Posted
It'll just result in songs getting disqualified from the chart in the future. Organized buying is fixing the chart.
  • Like 5
Posted

^ well won't that be an achievement :P celine broke the charts haha

 

Kev x

  • Like 5
Posted
Well one thing I'll say is that I can't get this song out of my head now... Not that that is a bad thing!
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

It'll just result in songs getting disqualified from the chart in the future. Organized buying is fixing the chart.

 

Yeah I have to agree. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I feel like everything the Red Heads seem to do, it's like a vanity project or the purpose doesn't really have a true meaning to it. Maybe I'm wording it wrong but they actually remind me of Aldo the new manager lol.

  • Like 1
Posted

Does anyone know how single distribution works for this project? I'm assuming we're just donating so the RH can purchase singles to get the song where they want it to be. Just wasn't sure if they are actually distributing digital copies or actual singles to everyone. I wouldn't think so but just curious. For those of you that bought 75 singles....could you imagine getting hard copies of all that? Lol

 

Hard copies don't really exist anymore (they do, but only the most popular artist still bring one out), so it will be purely digital. And it will be one country at a time, starting with France.

  • Like 1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

It'll just result in songs getting disqualified from the chart in the future. Organized buying is fixing the chart.

 

I was just thinking about that. It's chart manipulation.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg

 

Posted (edited)

The reason why a single gets to the no1 position should be because of its popularity; people love the song. it has recently been played on the radio, tv, internet and people decide to buy the single ( something that does not happen a lot anymore with downloading being so easy). So this is the other way, encourage Celine fans around the world to buy a song that has already been in the charts a long time ago. And that fanbase is very big. So yes, it could get to that no1 position. But that is not how it should be.

Then michael jackson fans or adele fans can decide something like this as well and suddenly get back an early song back in the top 10. It says nothing. It only shows how much fans want to spend to realize something for their idol. To be honest I think it is a bit crazy.

The charts show what is hot at this moment. I think French chart listeners look weird when suddenly Celine Dion is on the no1 position with a very old French song. This is not what a chart is intended for.

I was just thinking about that. It's chart manipulation.

 

I hate to break the news to everybody, but record labels buy their way onto radio stations all the time. The record labels themselves are the ones who control radio and the charts, not the fans. While it would be nice to believe it's the fans who are 100% in control, they're not. It's all about money, connections, quid quo pro, politics, etc. There are TONS of amazing songs out there that will never see the light of day on radio or the charts simply because the big record labels would never allow it. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

Edited by SuperLove4Celine
  • Like 6
Posted

I hate to break the news to everybody, but record labels buy their way onto radio stations all the time. The record labels themselves are the ones who control radio and the charts, not the fans. While it would be nice to believe it's the fans who are 100% in control, they're not. It's all about money, connections, quid quo pro, politics, etc. There are TONS of amazing songs out there that will never see the light of day on radio or the charts simply because the big record labels would never allow it. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

 

I don't doubt that.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg

 

Posted
Does everybody know how they're gonna proceed...because I can't see Céline anywhere in the French iTunes songs chart :-/
  • Like 2
62008933_3302094023149751_3467110073363333120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru2-1.fna&oh=4f58e00ddc52743e263578419950824a&oe=5D5255DE
Posted

 

 

What I mean is back when they came out

 

Kev x

Gotcha. Yeah that would have been awesome. Maybe for future projects?

 

Only problem I can forsee is would we all still put up the money we've already put towards a new purchase?

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I just can't see the point. Kudos to the red heads for wanting to get Celine up in the charts, but I'd rather it be merited because she releases a new relevant single. There's so many more worthy causes in the world to donate money to nowadays, getting a song that's already a classic on the charts again doesn't seem like a priority to me. Better to cut that check to Celine's foundation.

 

THIS ^

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg

 

Posted
I don't understand one thing... because even if they manage to reach no. 1, how long will it last? one day? It's not that it's gonna be on a chart for weeks to come, is it?
  • Like 1
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
it is like buying a burial mass to honor a loved one. You have to believe. :giggle:
  • Like 2
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
If this project works... I suggest that once Celine releases a new French album we all buy enough copies of its lead single to make it #1...!
  • Like 5
Posted

If this project works... I suggest that once Celine releases a new French album we all buy enough copies of its lead single to make it #1...!

I was thinking the same thing. Why not pull this stunt when new song emerges. Should work right?

  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...