Jump to content

Celine Dion's best Album


Best Album (from Unison to Sans Attendre)  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

My vote gets LTAL. I think it sounds the best and has overall the best songs.

Also it is the one I've listened to the most and it was the first album I bought which started it all.

To be honest I didn't consider the live albums sorry. Even though they are great I think they lean more towards like a greatest hits album so I don't think they are albums in that regard, if that makes sense.

  • Like 1
< :afro: :alucard: :afro: >
Posted

They should have released Reveal as a single in summer 03. It would have been a summer hit for Celine.

 

Instead of HYEBIL :huh:

  • Like 1
Posted

They should have released Reveal as a single in summer 03. It would have been a summer hit for Celine.

 

Reveal or Naked would have been great singles to help keep Céline out of the adult-contemporary-ballads-only trap that Sony always pushed. So instead we got HYEBIL (which I believe was a contractual requirement more than anything), and Stand By Your Side, which is a great song but she really needed something more upbeat and fun at that time to help solidify a more-than-power-ballads image. Of course, it's not like she's been anything but successful so you can't stay they really made big mistakes per se, but the tone of her career could have varied more, particularly backed by such an enjoyable album as One Heart. Leftovers or not, it was an entertaining, consistent, and downright fun album!

Posted

Why do you think they keep on changing the eq of her live albums? Some are so clear, some are a bit muffled/flat? I don't really get it...

 

I mean, who knows. It's probably a lot of different people making the album, so that's probably one reason, but they should have always tried to replicate the Olympia mixing. Whomever worked on the Olympia album should have been permanently hired to do all of her live albums.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Instead of HYEBIL :huh:

Reveal or Naked would have been great singles to help keep Céline out of the adult-contemporary-ballads-only trap that Sony always pushed. So instead we got HYEBIL (which I believe was a contractual requirement more than anything), and Stand By Your Side, which is a great song but she really needed something more upbeat and fun at that time to help solidify a more-than-power-ballads image. Of course, it's not like she's been anything but successful so you can't stay they really made big mistakes per se, but the tone of her career could have varied more, particularly backed by such an enjoyable album as One Heart. Leftovers or not, it was an entertaining, consistent, and downright fun album!

 

The question is whether the radio stations would have played the single, even if Sony had pushed it, because of the name Celine Dion and the power ballad image.

Edited by comingback
Posted (edited)
IA and IDAN were quite successful. Why did they released GITSW and HYEBIL as singles? Why not RIFOY and Reveal? I will never understand it. Edited by comingback
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
IA and IDAN were quite sucessful. Why did they release GITSW and HYEBIL as singles? Why not RIFOY and Reveal? I will never understand it. Edited by comingback

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...