Taking Chances Posted October 13, 2013 at 09:26 AM Posted October 13, 2013 at 09:26 AM I know right! I made quite a few versions, but these are the ones I liked the best. The classic logo just brings back to much beauty to the cover, and it's so simple. 3 Quote
manu23 Posted October 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM Posted October 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM I had to go with Falling Into You, that smile on the cover Quote
fikus1 Posted October 13, 2013 at 02:28 PM Posted October 13, 2013 at 02:28 PM Loving this cover of A New Day Has Come. I made a couple of "Deluxe" (and regular for that matter) versions of LMBTL cover. I really think it looks so much better this way. Old logo, with the new font on "Loved Me Back To Life". If anyone want the full size of these covers, just let me know. I love playing around in Photoshop! http://i.imgur.com/d8TZnTS.png http://i.imgur.com/5HyniUY.png WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! IT'S JUST AMAZING!!! 2 Quote
Taking Chances Posted October 13, 2013 at 04:40 PM Posted October 13, 2013 at 04:40 PM WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! IT'S JUST AMAZING!!! Thank you! Glad you liked them. Quote
JasonFromTheMoon Posted October 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM Still my favorite album. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/4969_Celine%20Dion.jpg 4 Quote Welcome to the "Loved Me Back To Life" era!http://s10.postimg.org/j8wfwy3ah/Fotor0101825542.jpg
ghazal Posted October 16, 2013 at 03:39 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 03:39 PM I think the color of my love and lets talk about love are really good. And I really love them. Quote
Bell Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:55 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 06:55 PM Still my favorite album. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/4969_Celine%20Dion.jpg My favourite English album of Celine. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
dj4celine Posted October 16, 2013 at 09:54 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 09:54 PM (edited) For me, it's D'elles. "On S'est Aimé à Cause" alone seals the deal but this is one of the few albums in her catalog that I can listen to from start to finish without skipping a single song (Yeah, I even learned to like"Lettre de George Sand à Alfred de Musset"). The lyrics are so beautifully written in certain songs that I can liken it to poetry. Sure, her vocals were strained and her pronunciations of certain words were terrible, but overall, the album made me love her even more. Maybe I loved this album so much that I just couldn't get Taking Chances at all. It was a weird concoction of sorts. Anyway, if I had to choose my Top 10 fav Post-Sony albums as of now (not counting collections or special releases), it would be somewhat like this: D'elles > SISDA > One Heart > ANDHC > Sans Attendre > Celine Dion > Falling Into You/1F&4T > Unison > TCOML > LTAL/Taking Chances Edited October 16, 2013 at 09:56 PM by dj4celine 2 Quote
Javito Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM D'elles is not my favourite french album but I do like many of the songs there. Je cherche l'ombre and On s'est aimé a cause are great songs to me, and the lead single Et s'il n'en restait qu'une had an impact when it was released that I don't think PAMP equalled, at least among the fans. The video was just amazing. Also, I never understood why "Lettre de George Sand à Alfred De Musset" was so rejected, I loved it from the first listen I think its a misunderstood song 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
zuv Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM Loving this cover of A New Day Has Come. I made a couple of "Deluxe" (and regular for that matter) versions of LMBTL cover. I really think it looks so much better this way. Old logo, with the new font on "Loved Me Back To Life". If anyone want the full size of these covers, just let me know. I love playing around in Photoshop! http://i.imgur.com/d8TZnTS.png http://i.imgur.com/5HyniUY.png awwww i wish they had used the orginal Celine Logo : ( 4 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 17, 2013 at 02:21 AM Posted October 17, 2013 at 02:21 AM Also, I never understood why "Lettre de George Sand à Alfred De Musset" was so rejected, I loved it from the first listen I think its a misunderstood song As a student of French lit I totally concur! 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Bell Posted October 18, 2013 at 05:05 PM Posted October 18, 2013 at 05:05 PM Also, I never understood why "Lettre de George Sand à Alfred De Musset" was so rejected, I loved it from the first listen I think its a misunderstood song Same here. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Neddo Posted October 18, 2013 at 07:47 PM Posted October 18, 2013 at 07:47 PM D'elles is not my favourite french album but I do like many of the songs there. Je cherche l'ombre and On s'est aimé a cause are great songs to me, and the lead single Et s'il n'en restait qu'une had an impact when it was released that I don't think PAMP equalled, at least among the fans. The video was just amazing. Also, I never understood why "Lettre de George Sand à Alfred De Musset" was so rejected, I loved it from the first listen I think its a misunderstood song That song is poetic like Attendre 2 Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
garçon Posted October 18, 2013 at 08:51 PM Author Posted October 18, 2013 at 08:51 PM No vote at all for DMQS?No vote at all for Unison (the one done was by Neddo, but he cheated on the poll, so that one doesn't count)?So, A l'Olympia is nobody's favorite? FIY three times as much votes as SISDA? Quote
JasonFromTheMoon Posted October 18, 2013 at 09:18 PM Posted October 18, 2013 at 09:18 PM No vote at all for DMQS?No vote at all for Unison (the one done was by Neddo, but he cheated on the poll, so that one doesn't count)?So, A l'Olympia is nobody's favorite?FIY three times as much votes as SISDA? We all love all the albums "so very much", but when it's about to choose one you have to be a bit harsh and choose only one lol 1 Quote Welcome to the "Loved Me Back To Life" era!http://s10.postimg.org/j8wfwy3ah/Fotor0101825542.jpg
Dionism Posted October 19, 2013 at 03:57 PM Posted October 19, 2013 at 03:57 PM I voted for The Colour Of My Love, since I could only choose 1. But if you ask me, which are Céline's best albums, I would say: * The Colour Of My Love* Falling Into You* 1 Fille & 4 Types* Sans Attendre It remains to be seen if Sans Attendre will stand the test of time to remain at this honourful position, but so far, it has survived its first year, and that's a good sign! You can only really tell after a few years, is my experience (ANDHC and Taking Chances have also been on the list as well, but didn't stand the test of time, TC now is nowhere near her best album in my opinion). Second place is D'eux, which almost made it! Quote
Celcool Posted October 28, 2013 at 07:54 PM Posted October 28, 2013 at 07:54 PM I chose Falling Into You. I'm partial to the album that made me a fan of hers. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted October 28, 2013 at 09:46 PM Posted October 28, 2013 at 09:46 PM Loved Me Back To Life!! 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
garçon Posted October 29, 2013 at 02:08 PM Author Posted October 29, 2013 at 02:08 PM Loved Me Back To Life!! Although I understand (maybe you are just kidding lol) I think one needs to be familiar with the album for a longer period of time before evaluating it/ comparing it to the larger oeuvre.So, it might be interesting to repeat the pole November 2014.. possibly people would vote differently. 2 Quote
LuisMa Posted October 29, 2013 at 02:11 PM Posted October 29, 2013 at 02:11 PM Hehe I agree, that would be a good idea, garçon dear. But this album is so solid and amazing with just a few listens, that I wouldn't be shocked if a year from now several people pick it as their favorite. It will take a lot more listens to move up to the high ranks in my ladder, but it's making its way. Slowly but surely! 1 Quote
garçon Posted October 29, 2013 at 03:51 PM Author Posted October 29, 2013 at 03:51 PM (edited) hmm... i'm not sure yet.. i guess this music might be less 'timeless' than her sets on SSDA, LTAL and mostly FIY. we'll see for it Edited October 29, 2013 at 03:52 PM by garçon Quote
DionFanAlways Posted October 29, 2013 at 04:10 PM Posted October 29, 2013 at 04:10 PM Although I understand (maybe you are just kidding lol) Yes! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
comingback Posted May 14, 2020 at 04:18 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 04:18 AM I thought, it would be nice to restart this topic. Which album is her best, after a 40 years lasting career? For me, D'eux (for French) and FIY (for English) are still the best. 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 14, 2020 at 05:00 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 05:00 AM (edited) I have to say Celine Dion as far as English albums go! (1) It's so coherent and cohesive vocally and emotionally--probably because it's mainly produced by the same guy Walter Afanasieff, but Celine's "mood" throughout really help.(2) There are no covers on it!!!(3) "Halfway to Heaven" may be my favorite Celine song of all time.(4) It feels very natural and easy, not as constructed and formulaic as FIY. And I love FIY, as we probably all do. Edited May 14, 2020 at 05:06 AM by PuraVida Quote
Céline RO Posted May 14, 2020 at 05:11 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 05:11 AM I have to say Celine Dion as far as English albums go! (1) It's so coherent and cohesive vocally and emotionally--probably because it's mainly produced by the same guy Walter Afanasieff, but Celine's "mood" throughout really help.(2) There are no covers on it!!!(3) "Halfway to Heaven" may be my favorite Celine song of all time.(4) It feels very natural and easy, not as constructed and formulaic as FIY. And I love FIY, as we probably all do. Isn’t “If You Asked Me To” a cover? 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
PuraVida Posted May 14, 2020 at 05:13 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 05:13 AM Isn’t “If You Asked Me To” a cover? Omg, yes duh! Okay, only 1 cover But really I think it's her most artistic album. Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:09 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:09 AM In English: Falling Into You;In French: S’il Suffisait D’Aimer. Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
Céline RO Posted May 14, 2020 at 09:29 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 09:29 AM English: Falling into YouFrench: D’eux Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 14, 2020 at 01:33 PM Posted May 14, 2020 at 01:33 PM (edited) I’m wrong when i vote for A New Day.. i was thinking of the the dvd not the album lol. I guess i’ll choose Falling Into You for the english album and for the French D’eux. For the concert dvd, I’ll choose A New Day... Edited May 14, 2020 at 01:34 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
garçon Posted May 14, 2020 at 02:37 PM Author Posted May 14, 2020 at 02:37 PM NICE TO SEE THIS TOPIC IS ALIVE AGAIN. BTW: THERE'S A POLL AT THE FIRST PAGE! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.