Shamrock_1982 Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:17 PM Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:17 PM A new day has come us by far her best album for me 1 Quote
dyusha Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:35 PM Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:35 PM D'elles! Quote I'll always be with you
LukeD Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:48 PM Posted May 14, 2020 at 07:48 PM (edited) I think I am still more emotionally connected to Let's Talk About Love and Sans Attendre. Encore Un Soir, A New Day Has Come and Courage come very close. Edited May 14, 2020 at 07:48 PM by LukeD Quote
Taking Chances Posted May 15, 2020 at 01:30 PM Posted May 15, 2020 at 01:30 PM I still think her best English album is Falling Into You. It's been my favorite for years, and I don't think it'll ever change. It's just perfect. I think her best French album is Dion Chante Plamondon. I just love everything about it. The whole vibe of the album is just amazing, and I think it's better than D'eux which seems to be most people's favorite. And her best live album is Olympia. Crystal vocals! I hope they'll release the video one day, or just an extended version of the album with Misled and Oxygene. Quote
PuraVida Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:07 AM Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:07 AM I still think her best English album is Falling Into You. It's been my favorite for years, and I don't think it'll ever change. It's just perfect. I think her best French album is Dion Chante Plamondon. I just love everything about it. The whole vibe of the album is just amazing, and I think it's better than D'eux which seems to be most people's favorite. And her best live album is Olympia. Crystal vocals! I hope they'll release the video one day, or just an extended version of the album with Misled and Oxygene. Was Olympia filmed when they recorded it? Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:02 AM Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:02 AM Was Olympia filmed when they recorded it? I know it was filmed since it was planned to be released on public but cancelled. No one knows why.... Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:06 AM Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:06 AM (edited) L’Olympia is crystal clear because it is super enhanced and they should do this in every live albums close to studio quality. It’s like a clean stereo sound. I think the live album that resembles the almost same quality is the A New Day live album. Even though her vocals are not that great on that album but still the quality is so crystal clear. Unlike the other live albums The stade de france 1999 dvd, the sound is simulated. Not good. I don’t know who suggested that kind of effect. That kind of effect removes the resonance Edited May 19, 2020 at 04:15 AM by jpatdeleon09 2 Quote
CelineDionForeverNY Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:20 AM Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:20 AM L'Olympia is crystal clear because it is super enhanced and they should do this in every live albums close to studio quality. It's like a clean stereo sound. I think the live album that resembles the almost same quality is the A New Day live album. Even though her vocals are not that great on that album but still the quality is so crystal clear. Unlike the other live albums The stade de france 1999 dvd, the sound is simulated. Not good. I don't know who suggested that kind of effect. That kind of effect removes the resonance I can't stand the ASDF recording... sounds like the whole concert's happening in a tin can. The only portion I can repeatedly listen to is the acoustic medley. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 05:59 AM Posted May 19, 2020 at 05:59 AM I can't stand the ASDF recording... sounds like the whole concert's happening in a tin can. The only portion I can repeatedly listen to is the acoustic medley. because they edited the sound. They made it sound simulated. I don’t know why they did that but it doesn’t sound good. That’s why that tour is better to listen on fancams than on DVD Quote
Taking Chances Posted May 19, 2020 at 10:18 AM Posted May 19, 2020 at 10:18 AM (edited) Was Olympia filmed when they recorded it? Apparently it was. I'd rather they release the audio of Oxygene and Misled than release the video for the existing songs though, but they should just do both. I can only imagine what Oxygene sounds like. L'Olympia is crystal clear because it is super enhanced and they should do this in every live albums close to studio quality. It's like a clean stereo sound. I think the live album that resembles the almost same quality is the A New Day live album. Even though her vocals are not that great on that album but still the quality is so crystal clear. Unlike the other live albums The stade de france 1999 dvd, the sound is simulated. Not good. I don't know who suggested that kind of effect. That kind of effect removes the resonance None of her other live albums have the same quality that Olympia has unfortunately. I even think some of the songs on Olympia sound better than the studio versions. Like L'amour Existe Encore, Je Danse Dans Ma Tête and even Le Fils de Superman. There are some various live performances that has a similar quality to Olympia though. Like the Think Twice performance Live for Peace. It's just such a shame we don't have this in HD. https://youtu.be/7FEPuv8ApIE Edited May 19, 2020 at 10:20 AM by Taking Chances 2 Quote
ajguerras Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:05 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:05 PM This thread needs to be updated and include EUS and Courage 1 Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
Céline RO Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:07 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:07 PM This thread needs to be updated and include EUS and Courage And Sans attendre and Loved Me Back to Life! Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:35 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:35 PM Apparently it was. I'd rather they release the audio of Oxygene and Misled than release the video for the existing songs though, but they should just do both. I can only imagine what Oxygene sounds like. None of her other live albums have the same quality that Olympia has unfortunately. I even think some of the songs on Olympia sound better than the studio versions. Like L'amour Existe Encore, Je Danse Dans Ma Tête and even Le Fils de Superman. There are some various live performances that has a similar quality to Olympia though. Like the Think Twice performance Live for Peace. It's just such a shame we don't have this in HD. https://youtu.be/7FEPuv8ApIE You are talking about her performance not the sound quality. Olympia and A New Day has the same sound quality. Clear Stereo Sound. Quote
Taking Chances Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:54 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 12:54 PM (edited) You are talking about her performance not the sound quality. Olympia and A New Day has the same sound quality. Clear Stereo Sound. If you wanna call them the same that's fine, but I can't hear it. A New Day certainly has a better audio mix than some of her other live albums, but even if her vocals were perfect on A New Day, the mixing is different from Olympia. Aside from the vocals, the audio on Olympia is just richer. To my ears anyway. I had to go and listen to a couple of songs from A New Day now, and it's such a shame the vocals are so... I don't know, not as great as it could be. Edited May 19, 2020 at 12:57 PM by Taking Chances 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 01:49 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 01:49 PM (edited) If you wanna call them the same that's fine, but I can't hear it. A New Day certainly has a better audio mix than some of her other live albums, but even if her vocals were perfect on A New Day, the mixing is different from Olympia. Aside from the vocals, the audio on Olympia is just richer. To my ears anyway. I had to go and listen to a couple of songs from A New Day now, and it's such a shame the vocals are so... I don't know, not as great as it could be. Both Olympia and A New Day Live Album CD has the same "Clear Stereo Sound". The only difference between the two. Is the vocals + effects (Reverbs, Echoes) so her vocals has more depth on Olympia. But of course her vocals were better on Olympia since it was younger Céline. But again, we are talking about the "Sound Quality". Like it's more surround. more open. Compare it to the other live albums where it sounded warmer/flat unlike these two which sounded brighter (clean/clear sounds) and the other one which was from sdf 1999 live album which sounded simulated. For effects. Saying it's richer. You should try playing with reverbs and echoes on Logic Pro or Garageband with your own vocals so you'll understand. This is how Channel MHX use (you know him?). These effects can make your music, vocals more richer, more depth/resonance. I also use this with my edit with Courage I put reverb, both the instrumentals and the vocals to sound more fuller/richer. BTW, Listen to the sound quality of A New Day DVD with A New Day CD. Who has the brighter/clearer/clean sounds? The EQ of the brighter sounds are High (More Treble)The EQ of the warmer sounds are Low (More on Bass side) Warmer sounds are best for listening Movie scores/soundtracks since it uses more cinematic bass or else it will not give justice (it will sound flat) why even bother inventing a subwoofer lol Olympia has a sub bass, clear/clean sounds - which is the best sound on a live album of Céline second will be A New Day. Edited May 19, 2020 at 02:08 PM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 02:18 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 02:18 PM (edited) I'll try to make the sound quality of her TCWT live album same with A New Day/Olympia. I'll use the song POL You'll notice a big difference Edited May 19, 2020 at 02:19 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
comingback Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:37 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 04:37 PM (edited) This thread needs to be updated and include EUS and Courage And Sans attendre and Loved Me Back to Life! + IncognitoIt's an important album for Celine.Her first album on the major label CBS/Sony and it was the start as a mature artist. Edited May 19, 2020 at 04:39 PM by comingback 2 Quote
comingback Posted May 19, 2020 at 05:27 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 05:27 PM + IncognitoIt's an important album for Celine.Her first album on the major label CBS/Sony and it was the start as an mature artist. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 05:32 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 05:32 PM (edited) I'll try to make the sound quality of her TCWT live album same with A New Day/Olympia. I'll use the song POL You'll notice a big difference Tried my best (but i hope now you know what i mean) lol (use earphones) Original (Warm/Flat) vs (Bright) (Sound is more open and you can hear more instruments) close to the eq of A New Day... CD https://soundcloud.c...-warm-vs-bright I wish they didn't dubbed it and put too much autotune Edited May 19, 2020 at 05:42 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Taking Chances Posted May 19, 2020 at 07:55 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 07:55 PM I'll listen to it when I get back home and reply then. I'm excited to see the difference. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 19, 2020 at 09:47 PM Posted May 19, 2020 at 09:47 PM I'll listen to it when I get back home and reply then. I'm excited to see the difference. LOL I’m not an expert at sound editing. Don’t expect too much but it’s noticeable lol 1 Quote
Taking Chances Posted May 20, 2020 at 11:32 AM Posted May 20, 2020 at 11:32 AM LOL I'm not an expert at sound editing. Don't expect too much but it's noticeable lol Of course. I did listen to it and I see what you mean. The mixing, reverb, clarity, whatever it is, on Olympia is just perfect. I wish we could fix all her live albums to sound like that. 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 20, 2020 at 12:51 PM Posted May 20, 2020 at 12:51 PM Of course. I did listen to it and I see what you mean. The mixing, reverb, clarity, whatever it is, on Olympia is just perfect. I wish we could fix all her live albums to sound like that. Why do you think they keep on changing the eq of her live albums? Some are so clear, some are a bit muffled/flat? I don’t really get it... Quote
Céline RO Posted May 21, 2020 at 05:06 PM Posted May 21, 2020 at 05:06 PM Why do you think they keep on changing the eq of her live albums? Some are so clear, some are a bit muffled/flat? I don't really get it... Maybe it’s either different people doing it or they want to try different things. Anyway, to me anything is better than the 2018 Tokyo show. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
homerton Posted May 21, 2020 at 05:24 PM Posted May 21, 2020 at 05:24 PM I love a new day. Courage is worse for me. It’s flat and lifeless. I have tried every day to like it. Like about three songs. Love a new day and falling into you. X 1 Quote
Chantemoi Posted May 22, 2020 at 03:05 PM Posted May 22, 2020 at 03:05 PM This is a really complicated question, so I’m giving a really complicated answer...One Heart and 1F4T are probably my favourite two albums to listen to. They have no shortage of energetic, effervescent pop songs and a modest handful of restrained ballads. Approach and production feels really laidback and fun. Total opposite of her “serious” albums like LTAL and SSDA, the latter being my favourite as far as artistic achievement goes. Start to finish, it’s a masterpiece in my eyes. Her music from the 80s is also wonderful. Loves me some Marnay. The 2-disc compilation from this era is one of the best. 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 22, 2020 at 03:48 PM Posted May 22, 2020 at 03:48 PM (edited) This is a really complicated question, so I'm giving a really complicated answer...One Heart and 1F4T are probably my favourite two albums to listen to. They have no shortage of energetic, effervescent pop songs and a modest handful of restrained ballads. Approach and production feels really laidback and fun. Total opposite of her "serious" albums like LTAL and SSDA, the latter being my favourite as far as artistic achievement goes. Start to finish, it's a masterpiece in my eyes. Her music from the 80s is also wonderful. Loves me some Marnay. The 2-disc compilation from this era is one of the best. I took a look at One Heart after you mentioned it, and am really surprised to learn that Cathy Dennis of 90s dance music fame wrote the song "Reveal" for Celine's album. Never a shortage of new trivia to discover, I guess. But yes, OH has to be her most up-tempo and light-hearted album...and I think that's what makes it so necessary in her repetoire. Edited May 22, 2020 at 03:50 PM by PuraVida 1 Quote
comingback Posted May 22, 2020 at 05:21 PM Posted May 22, 2020 at 05:21 PM (edited) I took a look at One Heart after you mentioned it, and am really surprised to learn that Cathy Dennis of 90s dance music fame wrote the song "Reveal" for Celine's album. Never a shortage of new trivia to discover, I guess. But yes, OH has to be her most up-tempo and light-hearted album...and I think that's what makes it so necessary in her repetoire. I love One Heart, it's a well produced Pop album and I like it more than A New Day Has Come, which is too sterile for me.BTW Cathy Dennis also wrote Kylie's Can't get you out of my head and Britney's Toxic. Edited May 22, 2020 at 05:34 PM by comingback 1 Quote
comingback Posted May 22, 2020 at 05:46 PM Posted May 22, 2020 at 05:46 PM They should have released Reveal as a single in summer 03. It would have been a summer hit for Celine. 4 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 22, 2020 at 07:32 PM Posted May 22, 2020 at 07:32 PM I love One Heart, it's a well produced Pop album and I like it more than A New Day Has Come, which is too sterile for me.BTW Cathy Dennis also wrote Kylie'sCan't get you out of my head and Britney's Toxic. So Cathy must have a very nice house. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.