Alex_Incognito Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:48 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:48 PM She is, but careful, the word "legend" can mean both positive and negative things. Madonna is also a legend and she's not called like that. I think they look to her also as a "has been" artist, and that's something I don't like at all in the case of Céline. I don't like them to refer to her as someone who is looked as a singer from the distant past This connotation doesn't exist in English. Being called a legend is a great honor and not everyone gets that privilege. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Javito Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:51 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:51 PM I originally Sayed I liked straight and darker but even curly would be nce. For The last few years its been "in between " and wavy which makes her look much older she needs to go tottaly straight or curly IMO It is the look she has in her Vegas show, what did you expect? I always thought that heavy long hair + those "nightgown" dresses she wears in Vegas now make her look older since the first day Yes she is classy that way... but it also makes her look older. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Alex_Incognito Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:53 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:53 PM Her makeup and hair look better during her Vegas show. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
quaizee Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:54 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:54 PM I dont like her dress! She look as a old woman! So she is! she's getting older, we can see the expression lines on her face but I'm glad she doesn't try to hide her age with tons of makeup neither wearing teen clothes that might her look ridiculous (well, maybe a lil bit of photoshop in some pictures)Actually I would say, she and her team have picked the right clothes since some years ago, than when she was younger... 2 Quote
mike_z Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:55 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:55 PM New album will be "FRESH, MODERN AND CLASSY" in her own words. And all reporters asking and re-asking her about her new music. I'm fainting!! 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:58 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:58 PM How is modern and classy even in the same sentence! Lol. Tho I love "at seventeen"I hope it's not a album full of them. Quote
mike_z Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:59 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 01:59 PM How is modern and classy even in the same sentence! I can tell you how in one word: ADELE! 1 Quote
gines Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:01 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:01 PM So she is! she's getting older, we can see the expression lines on her face but I'm glad she doesn't try to hide her age with tons of makeup neither wearing teen clothes that might her look ridiculous (well, maybe a lil bit of photoshop in some pictures)Actually I would say, she and her team have picked the right clothes since some years ago, than when she was younger...I agree she's getting older, and she has expression lines, but that dress is sooo ugly for her! She has a good body, and she can show more! And i dont like here hair here... i'm so sad... I want a beatiful and sexy Celine! NO OLD! 1 Quote
Javito Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:06 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:06 PM She also uses a lot of dresses in golden tones today, and that next with the hair she has today since the start of this Vegas show, I can't help if but every time I see her this image comes to my mind I would call the look of 2011- the look of the MGM Lion http://tigrepelvar.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/mgm.jpg http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120218134403/disney/es/images/5/5e/Mufasa.jpg 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
mike_z Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:10 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:10 PM (edited) you are right! she's golden all over! dress, shoes, jewelery, hair, skintone, even her eyes! "for a golden girl..!" Edited May 20, 2013 at 02:11 PM by mike_z Quote
bourque222 Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:25 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:25 PM http://imageshack.us/a/img856/1175/12056402.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img547/1271/cucelinedionpressroom.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img211/9337/cucelinedionpressroom2.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img199/7471/cucelinedionpressroom3.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img809/9923/cucelinedionpressroom4.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img404/2833/cucelinedionpressroom5.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img43/6360/cucelinedionpressroom6.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img254/2825/cucelinedionpressroom7.th.jpg 1 Quote Celine Dion sexy HQ
mike_z Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:46 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 02:46 PM Céline's teeth are not sheer white as they used to... do you think they might be her real teeth after all? (despite surgery and stuff) Quote
joaofilho Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:23 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:23 PM I did not like this outfit or that hair and, celine got older, I think because of the color of the clothes. did not like Quote
manolo19 Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:28 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:28 PM loved her.. she is soo above all the others, just cant explain it 3 Quote
Popular Post immensite_pour_d_elles Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:42 PM Popular Post Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:42 PM Personally, I don't really like the direction of this topic. She is freakin' Celine Dion. She was, is, and will be the best thing I bumped into. No matter who we are and what we want, time is moving forward. I guess that whatever the chances are, Celine had reached the top of the ladder. One should not take things for granted; yet take it all as it is.In my opinion, she looks goregous for her age and she is still doing a lot of things for us, her beloving fans.Big plus for Billboards2013 8 Quote
Nmj Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:56 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 03:56 PM I can tell you how in one word: ADELE! I like Adele, but I want CELINE, ok maybe a 'modern celine'. But I really miss her "Diva" notes and purity she's still capable of doing them, but it seems like she's going for more the edginess like Katie Couric said. For Example in the song WAAF, I would have loved her to play with it more ALA Mariah Carey with some more runs and a pure voice. Quote
Nmj Posted May 20, 2013 at 04:22 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 04:22 PM Celine Dion On Kid Rock's 'Lip-Sync' Statement By CONCETTA DELUCO May 20, 2013 He tilted his mug and failed to mention any names when multi-genre singer Kid Rock took to the stage to present an award at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas and called attention to "lip-synchers," causing an uproar from peers and fans alike including Vegas veteran and music legend Celine Dion.Swift Sweeps The 2013 Billboard Awards"Lip-sync existed a long long time ago. It will always be. It's not a surprise. It did happen. It's happening and it will happen again," said an adamant Celine Dion. "But at the end of the day, you see the artist that you like, enjoy the performance. A lot of artists are doing a lot of physical work and stunts and a lot of artists are doing a lot of acrobatic performance. Is she? Isn’t he? [who cares?] Enjoy the show!"SOURCE:http://www.etonline.com/music/134219_Billboard_Awards_Kid_Rock_Disses_Lip_Syncers/index.html 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:28 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:28 PM Finally, she has addressed/said something about lipsynching! 1 Quote
LuisMa Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:29 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:29 PM I can tell you how in one word: ADELE!I think Celine is also modern and classy; sure, she records covers and wants to keep the classy sound she has delivered throughout her career, but she's also very modern and we've got quite some surprises with every single release. Look at her latest video, and her latest French CD. She's given us different sounds yet she's still who she is: our Celine! Quote
zuv Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:36 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:36 PM i love Celine and Taylor's faces when the interviewer starts asking a question about lip synching. they both look annoyed and disgusted. LOL Its like they feel attacked, because they know they do hahahah 2 Quote
céline_mtl Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:39 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:39 PM i love Celine and Taylor's faces when the interviewer starts asking a question about lip synching. they both look annoyed and disgusted. LOL Its like they feel attacked, because they know they do hahahah Where is the video of Celine's answer on that? Quote
zuv Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:44 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:44 PM Where is the video of Celine's answer on that?http://www.etonline.com/music/134219_Billboard_Awards_Kid_Rock_Disses_Lip_Syncers/index.html Quote
Javito Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:47 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:47 PM Where is the video of Celine's answer on that? Here! http://www.etonline....cers/index.html There we have Celine finally saying something about lipsync! :worthy: 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
artistman2007 Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:56 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:56 PM The other thing that i want her to stop is the phelospfy part , i mean for every place there are things to say so for example when she is on oprah or katy couric show its nice intemet and she can talk about her like her ladder story and how shes proud of her roots children and so on .but for a show its becoming annoying to keep saying the same things like i dont need to prove, My roots ,my family , the coming down the ladder story and so on ....... Just have fun be cool and talk music fans and dresses celine darling 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:58 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 05:58 PM Well she is very honest about it! I don't think there isn't a single major artist out there, who doesn't lipsync during their concerts. In the end all that counts is that you enjoyed the show! 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:04 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:04 PM Well she is very honest about it! I don't think there isn't a single major artist out there, who doesn't lipsync during their concerts. In the end all that counts is that you enjoyed the show! Whitney Houston and Adele are the only ones that come to my mind... 2 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
DionFanAlways Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:05 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:05 PM Celine Dion On Kid Rock's 'Lip-Sync' Statement By CONCETTA DELUCO May 20, 2013 He tilted his mug and failed to mention any names when multi-genre singer Kid Rock took to the stage to present an award at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas and called attention to "lip-synchers," causing an uproar from peers and fans alike including Vegas veteran and music legend Celine Dion.Swift Sweeps The 2013 Billboard Awards"Lip-sync existed a long long time ago. It will always be. It's not a surprise. It did happen. It's happening and it will happen again," said an adamant Celine Dion. "But at the end of the day, you see the artist that you like, enjoy the performance. A lot of artists are doing a lot of physical work and stunts and a lot of artists are doing a lot of acrobatic performance. Is she? Isn’t he? [who cares?] Enjoy the show!"SOURCE:http://www.etonline.com/music/134219_Billboard_Awards_Kid_Rock_Disses_Lip_Syncers/index.htmlI love this quote! Wow she addressed it! You go girl! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Koolan Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:12 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:12 PM Celine is more articulate in English than ever. 1 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
DionFanAlways Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM For all those people saying she dressed "old" what did y'all want her to wear? Madonna's outfit or maybe Nicki Minaj? Celine dresses classy and sexy and elegant! Tre chic! 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Koolan Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM Posted May 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM She also uses a lot of dresses in golden tones today, and that next with the hair she has today since the start of this Vegas show, I can't help if but every time I see her this image comes to my mind I would call the look of 2011- the look of the MGM Lion http://tigrepelvar.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/mgm.jpg http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120218134403/disney/es/images/5/5e/Mufasa.jpg And her big hair in 2009. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQSjsbf8ufk 3 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.