Kyle_Jared Posted April 21, 2013 at 07:36 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 07:36 PM (edited) Celine is the second most awarded artist in the HISTORY of the Juno awards (Anne Murray has 24) Celine has 20 Juno Awards including two international achievements from them. That's huge. She was showered with awards in the 90's. Literally. Even hosted. Because she has so many damn awards, I feel the Juno's purposely see to it that other acts are recognized now that Celine already has been. Anne Murray hasn't won a Juno in decades....neither has Bryan Adams. They've had their time. I strongly feel Celine will not ever win another Juno unless it the hall of fame. Edited April 21, 2013 at 07:37 PM by Kyle_Jared Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted April 21, 2013 at 07:53 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 07:53 PM I think the ceremony started about two hours ago, anybody watching? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Peppercorn1991 Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:09 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:09 PM Celine is the second most awarded artist in the HISTORY of the Juno awards (Anne Murray has 24) Celine has 20 Juno Awards including two international achievements from them. That's huge. She was showered with awards in the 90's. Literally. Even hosted. Because she has so many damn awards, I feel the Juno's purposely see to it that other acts are recognized now that Celine already has been. Anne Murray hasn't won a Juno in decades....neither has Bryan Adams. They've had their time. I strongly feel Celine will not ever win another Juno unless it the hall of fame. I agree! But I wouldn't rule out awards, celine just needs to be at the top again and have buzz around her! She delivered an amazing album and we all loved it but the album didn't have the kind of impact like she had in the 90s. The album was there and people brought it but where was the buzz? Was everyone talking about it and did the singles really play that much of the radio? Not living in the French counties where the album sold well I don't really know how big the album was. It's all just figures to me. I really wanted to know from French fans what impact the album had on people? Was it talked about? We're songs played as regular as much as the 'chart clan' ( beyonce, will I am.....). I really wish I was in France at the time just to understand how much buzz there was. When celine promoted taking chances in the UK I felt celine was everywhere in November and there was some buzz. She was in mags on tv, biography channel had her on and people were talking about her. This is what I mean. Kev x 2 Quote
Del Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:37 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:37 PM I think the ceremony started about two hours ago, anybody watching?It hasn't started yet. CTV is airing it tonight at 8PM eastern Quote Instagram: @delphis78
celine-rc Posted April 21, 2013 at 09:10 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 09:10 PM Céline isn't attending, right ? Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
Del Posted April 21, 2013 at 09:34 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 09:34 PM As far as I know she won't be there. Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Neddo Posted April 21, 2013 at 09:41 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 09:41 PM I think Celine told it herself "oh God, again?" Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
Peppercorn1991 Posted April 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM How cool would it be if she surprised us and turned up! She is off so who knows? Maybe in dreaming...... Yes I am lol Kev x Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM How cool would it be if she surprised us and turned up! She is off so who knows? Maybe in dreaming...... Yes I am lol Kev x I was thinking about that earlier today , that her surprising us is a possibility! I would love to see her turn up , win the fan choice award....or any of them really! Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
mike_z Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM If she turns up for sure she's won something. Have we ever really seen her losing an award, her present? Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM however, when you look at the Album of the Year nominees, Sans Attendre is miles ahead of the nominees. Justin Bieber, Hedley? Seriously? Pathetic. Still, I'd projectile spit out my wine if they announced her name. I predict the Beibs will win 1 Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM however, when you look at the Album of the Year nominees, Sans Attendre is miles ahead of the nominees. Justin Bieber, Hedley? Seriously? Pathetic. Still, I'd projectile spit out my wine if they announced her name. I predict the Beibs will win I would love to see her win over beiber!! There would be a riot by his fans tho! LolShe deserves it so much more...she has more talent in her little finger! 1 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
québecflower Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM Justin bieber could win album of the year......i'm depressed Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Ejion Posted April 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM The show is starting Celine was mentioned in the intro skit! Kelly Ripa and Michael Buble sang a bit of 'My Heart Will Go On'! Yay! Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted April 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM If she turns up for sure she's won something. Have we ever really seen her losing an award, her present? Yes. In the 1998 Grammys, Tell Him was nominated for best pop collaboration with vocals. This was the year Celine was supposed to sing with Barbra, but sang MHWGO instead. They announced the award right after she sang (she's still backstage), and she didn't win. You can see it on YouTube (link below). She didn't win anything else that year either (the Grammys for FIY were in '97, and for MHWGO were in '99. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLH1zVmXvEE Quote
celinish98 Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:09 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:09 AM is there any chance that someone will be posting the video on youtube? i would like to watch it since i can't watch it on tv i hope that she won something i would be very happy for her. I would love to see her win over beiber!! There would be a riot by his fans tho! LolShe deserves it so much more...she has more talent in her little finger! me too and i agree with you I have nothing against Bieber but Celine has a lot more experience and talent. Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:21 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:21 AM KD was just inducted into Canadian Music Hall of fame. Can you believe that Celine has not yet been? Shania Twain was in 2011....and no Celine. It's so ridiculous. Quote
c4n4d4 Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:22 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:22 AM KD was just inducted into Canadian Music Hall of fame. Can you believe that Celine has not yet been? Shania Twain was in 2011....and no Celine. It's so ridiculous.Are you serious? That's just insane that has not been inducted in yet. She has sold way more and been way more successful than Shania Twain! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
QueenCeline87 Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:27 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:27 AM KD was just inducted into Canadian Music Hall of fame. Can you believe that Celine has not yet been? Shania Twain was in 2011....and no Celine. It's so ridiculous. What?? I did not know Celine hasn't been inducted yet....I just kinda assumed she was cos of all the success she has had! That's just crazy!! Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
QueenCeline87 Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:29 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:29 AM is there any chance that someone will be posting the video on youtube? i would like to watch it since i can't watch it on tv i hope that she won something i would be very happy for her. me too and i agree with you I have nothing against Bieber but Celine has a lot more experience and talent. Nothing against Bieber either he's just not my thing but I know he has a crazy fan base lol It would be nice for Celine to win it and kinda show the younger ones play your cards right and you can be still winning these babies in 20 years time too! 1 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
Del Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:49 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:49 AM Can you believe that Celine has not yet been? Shania Twain was in 2011....and no Celine. i was thinking when watching, when are we going to see a tribute to Celine on the Junos. Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Del Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:52 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:52 AM And she just lost Album of the Year Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Peppercorn1991 Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:53 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:53 AM Fingers crossed! is anyone watching this? kev x Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:54 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:54 AM "Kiss" by Carley Rae Jepsen won album of the year. LAUGHABLE! sold A QUARTER of what Sans Attendre did. Quote
Del Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:56 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:56 AM There's only Junos fan aware left and she won't get that either. Carly Rae Jepsen is taking just about everything home this evening. Quote Instagram: @delphis78
DionFanAlways Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:59 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 01:59 AM It would be nice for Celine to win it and kinda show the younger ones play your cards right and you can be still winning these babies in 20 years time too!Love your comment! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Kyle_Jared Posted April 22, 2013 at 02:02 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 02:02 AM Beiber won fan's choice. Complete shut out for Celine again. no surprise. 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted April 22, 2013 at 03:26 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 03:26 AM What was the issue? I don't know how the Junos work. Oh, it's just the old story (mentioned earlier in this tread) about Céline taking Bryan Adam's side a long time ago because he was excluded from the Junos because of some non-Canadian contents on his album. Since Céline voiced her opinion against the Junos rules during the awards show (while accepting an award), she hasn't received many Junos... She gets nominated but that's where it ends. She could beat any of the nominees, but they just won't give her one... Maybe one day they'll beg her to perform on the show again if she gets a big hit! 1 Quote
Matej Posted April 22, 2013 at 07:42 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 07:42 AM I think nominations must be also a success for everyone even for Celine and her fans. The times when she won everything (not only Juno) because "she was the one and only" are long gone. So I'm grateful for nominations, thanks Juno! And of course, congratulations to all nominees and winners! 1 Quote
wjd Posted April 22, 2013 at 08:54 AM Posted April 22, 2013 at 08:54 AM The Junos are utter shite these days! Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.