Xpresso Posted February 20, 2013 at 08:46 PM Posted February 20, 2013 at 08:46 PM Celine hosted JUNO???? I just remembered she hosted Gala De L'Adisq 1998.Celine was nominated Juno 2000 3 times,2003 4 times,2004 4 times,2005 3 times,2006 1 times,2008 6 times,2009 3 times,2011 1 time. I just can not get it. :unsure: Yes she did! She won many awards and sang two songs I believe, and was hosting!!All that on the same night... She was all over!! She did a great job too. Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 20, 2013 at 09:10 PM Posted February 20, 2013 at 09:10 PM Yes she did! She won many awards and sang two songs I believe, and was hosting!!All that on the same night... She was all over!! She did a great job too. That was in 1993, and you're right, she sang 'Love Can Move Mountains' and 'I Just Fall In Love Again' and won many awards Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Del Posted February 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM Posted February 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM Has there been a big Juno Celine Tribute Lifetime show yet? Like there was on the Asdiqs or however you spell it... No there hasn't been one. Would be nice nice to have one in the next few years. Quote Instagram: @delphis78
c4n4d4 Posted February 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Posted February 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM I wonder if "Sans attendre" can't be nominated in both album of the year and best french album? If it couldn't be that may explain why it is only up for album of the year, and if that's not the case and it could be nominated for both then it definitely should have been cause it is an amazing album. Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
nuts2you Posted February 21, 2013 at 01:58 AM Posted February 21, 2013 at 01:58 AM Can you vote , and is there a website to do so? Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted February 21, 2013 at 02:33 AM Posted February 21, 2013 at 02:33 AM The Junos have not been very niie with Céline ever since she took Bryan Adam's side when his album was not eligible for the Juno Awards even if he's Canadian. Something to do with the % of Canadian content if I remember correctly. And when Céline accepted her award, she defended him. After that, the Junos were not so kind to Céline... This was back in 1994, when she defended both David Foster and Bryan Adams, who were excluded from consideration. (You can read about it here: http://books.google.com/books?id=OQgEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA43&dq=celine+dion+david+foster+junos+canadian&hl=en&sa=X&ei=CIYlUeeaDYPK0wGW2oDACg&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=celine%20dion%20david%20foster%20junos%20canadian&f=false) Celine has won many Junos since 1994 (13 between 1995 and 1999, if I'm counting correctly) so I don't think her speech really affected her winning awards. Quote
kevincheung410 Posted February 21, 2013 at 05:08 AM Posted February 21, 2013 at 05:08 AM That was in 1993, and you're right, she sang 'Love Can Move Mountains' and 'I Just Fall In Love Again' and won many awards I found it. Thank you. Quote www.celinecn.com Youtube | Sohu
DionFanAlways Posted February 21, 2013 at 01:55 PM Posted February 21, 2013 at 01:55 PM This was back in 1994, when she defended both David Foster and Bryan Adams, who were excluded from consideration. (You can read about it here: http://books.google....anadian&f=false) Celine has won many Junos since 1994 (13 between 1995 and 1999, if I'm counting correctly) so I don't think her speech really affected her winning awards.You have to love her feistiness! It definitely use to get her in hot water! 'best in the world-including Canada!' 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Charles Posted February 23, 2013 at 01:30 AM Posted February 23, 2013 at 01:30 AM Question: when was the last time she actually "won" a Juno? exactly... Quote
CSCfan Posted February 27, 2013 at 05:30 PM Posted February 27, 2013 at 05:30 PM COME ON, let's do this guys!! Let's show Céline fans can get their idol to #1 again....let's get her that Fan Choice award!! VOTE HERE: http://junofanchoice.ca/ Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Matej Posted February 27, 2013 at 05:40 PM Posted February 27, 2013 at 05:40 PM I voted today morning but for the first time not for Celine. Quote
wjd Posted February 27, 2013 at 07:12 PM Posted February 27, 2013 at 07:12 PM I voted, for Celine of course! Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
nuts2you Posted February 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM Posted February 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM to bad its only one vote per person, but I 'm making up a name and submitting it, hope she wins Quote
idroveallnight Posted March 4, 2013 at 03:27 PM Posted March 4, 2013 at 03:27 PM There was a time when Celine fans dominated the internet, but now we are just too little to compete with the likes of crazy teenage Bieber fans. I voted but am not holding my breath. 3 Quote
Mattie Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM Good point! I surely hope Celine gets this award, not only does she deserve it but it'd be great to see her win over JB. But with the usual predictions, JB will probably win LOL Quote ♦︎ july 7, 2012 - las vegas, nevadahttp://i59.tinypic.com/11tluus.png
DionFanAlways Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM I know.....can't compete with the power of teenage girls! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
celinish98 Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM Posted March 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM There was a time when Celine fans dominated the internet, but now we are just too little to compete with the likes of crazy teenage Bieber fans. I voted but am not holding my breath.lol true but i still think celine has a great chance of winning and i don't think jb is in the lead, if it was 1D then i would be worried, who knows i have my fingers grossed for celine and just hope for the best. Quote
c4n4d4 Posted March 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM Posted March 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM Plus you can only vote once so its not like little girls can sit there and vote over and over again 1 Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
Matej Posted March 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM Posted March 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM Canada's Warner Music will release The Juno Awards 2013 Nominee CD. The new compilation album will contain total of 17 songs including the song "Parler a mon pere" by Celine. As in previous years, the project is a joint venture between SME, Universal Music and Warner Music in conjunction with CARAS. In stores 19 March 2013. 2 Quote
Matej Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:11 AM Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:11 AM Celine has only two remaining categories because an award in the category "adult contemporary album of the year" at the 2013 Juno Awards goes to The Tenors. Don't forget to tune the main awards ceremony today's night, 21 April 2013 on CTV. Quote
LuisMa Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:16 AM Posted April 21, 2013 at 08:16 AM Fingers crossed for the other two, then. 1 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM Posted April 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM (edited) There's not a hope in hell she'll win either of the other two. I'd bet my entire month's salary on it. The Juno's hate celine now. Nominate her only because of sales and have not given her an award since 1999. Fan's choice award-her winning that is laughable. There's not enough of us that voted Album of the Year-to a french album??? Never. Bieber is winning Edited April 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM by Kyle_Jared Quote
Del Posted April 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM The Juno's hate celine now. Nominate her only because of sales and have not given her an award since 1999.They made sure she wasn't going to win when they placed Sans Attendre in the categories they did, yet it wasn't nominated for French album of the year. That to me made no sense. 4 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
c4n4d4 Posted April 21, 2013 at 04:34 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 04:34 PM They made sure she wasn't going to win when they placed Sans Attendre in the categories they did, yet it wasn't nominated for French album of the year. That to me made no sense.I agree if it should have been placed anywhere it should have been in that category. As much as it sucks she has no chance of really winning. Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
Peppercorn1991 Posted April 21, 2013 at 05:14 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 05:14 PM at least she was nominated eh? it wont help that celine doesn't go in person kev x Quote
Xpresso Posted April 21, 2013 at 06:08 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 06:08 PM The Junos don't really like Céline and Céline doesn't really like the Junos either I believe. They use her name to get more people to watch, and Céline gets some promo (many English speaking Canadians have no idea about Sans attendre...) But she won't win that's for sure. Quote
Bóól'át'í Posted April 21, 2013 at 06:40 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 06:40 PM (edited) I don't think it's a question of the Juno's hating Celine and vice versa. Yes, there some issues between them. But I think it's just a question of time - a singer comes along. First they're paying thier dues, then hit the big time, then thier career descends. Celine came on the music scene and wasn't rewarded with Juno's immediately. But her career started to soar and was awarded with many Juno's. Now she's on the decline and the Juno's aren't coming as they once were. It's just the cycle of two entities. For the Juno's it's giving out awards to the 'hot' acts of the time irrespective of creativity. For the singer it's just simple - you can't be on top forever. Edited April 21, 2013 at 06:43 PM by Bóól'át'í Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 21, 2013 at 07:20 PM Posted April 21, 2013 at 07:20 PM The Junos don't really like Céline and Céline doesn't really like the Junos either I believe. They use her name to get more people to watch, and Céline gets some promo (many English speaking Canadians have no idea about Sans attendre...) But she won't win that's for sure.What was the issue? I don't know how the Junos work. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.