zenmeban Posted November 21, 2012 at 02:03 AM Author Posted November 21, 2012 at 02:03 AM Disappointed. They had all the cards to make something splendid, nice outdoor footage, nice look with that black leather jacket, beautiful hairdo, nice shots on the sofa, and Thierry Vergnes ruined it all with very bad editing. I had faith in him. 1 Quote BRICEhttp://s17.postimg.org/7igcotu27/DFGHLK.jpg
celine-rc Posted November 21, 2012 at 02:04 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 02:04 AM Since it was filmed in Montréal, they had to jump, if not, there would be orange cones everywhere. Not good for the esthetics of the video. http://postmediamontreal.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/orange-cones.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f-opd50AOng/UDLc0w3LrXI/AAAAAAAACzg/tp_cdOUFZME/s1600/Montreal,+ses+routes.jpg Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
québecflower Posted November 21, 2012 at 02:06 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 02:06 AM (edited) Since it was filmed in Montréal, they had to jump, if not, there would be orange cones everywhere. Not good for the esthetics of the video. http://postmediamontreal.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/orange-cones.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f-opd50AOng/UDLc0w3LrXI/AAAAAAAACzg/tp_cdOUFZME/s1600/Montreal,+ses+routes.jpg you have to live near Montreal to understand that one.....it is a good one lol Edited November 21, 2012 at 02:07 AM by québecflower Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
zenmeban Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:07 AM Author Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:07 AM Disappointed. They had all the cards to make something splendid, nice outdoor footage, nice look with that black leather jacket, beautiful hairdo, nice shots on the sofa, and Thierry Vergnes ruined it all with very bad editing. I had faith in him, but this looks like amateur work. It spends an eternity showing people still in the air, and yet we can't see Celine sing a whole sentence even once, she's always cut, it makes no sense. And the transitions are way too slow, and we can't see any of the Celine footage clearly. It could have had less of this: http://imagesup.org/images11/1353465166-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353465249-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353465540-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353465375-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353465742-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353465828-screenshot2012-11-2.png And a little more of this:http://imagesup.org/images11/1353466480-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353466258-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353466140-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353466046-screenshot2012-11-2.pnghttp://imagesup.org/images11/1353465957-screenshot2012-11-2.png But OH MY GOD, is Celine STUNNING or what!!! Love her !!!! 1 Quote BRICEhttp://s17.postimg.org/7igcotu27/DFGHLK.jpg
québecflower Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:22 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:22 AM It seems to me now that Celine has become bigger than herself. I understand people disappointement, but sometimes , iIt is so hard to just meet expectations that fans have. Myself , i find this video ordinary, but i like her so much so i accept it. I think that to love love someone , you should take take te bad and the good, so.... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelineDork14 Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:24 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:24 AM (edited) I love this song, and I thought the video was pretty good. A lot of water in it! lol Edited November 21, 2012 at 03:25 AM by CelineDork14 Quote The Greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to Love and be Loved in return.
browseceline Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:40 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:40 AM What i cannot believe is that people say tjat parler a monpere was less then.this video. that video had a theme and was perfectly shot and itvshowed that the productionteam really did their best. ts new video is technically very bad. so i cannot believe sone people praising the video or saying it melt their heart or that it is good just because you see new images of celine. i cannot believe it either that some of you think we should be grateful that there is a video and celine is in it.i will say it again: celine is one of the worlds big megastars. For that she deserves high standard promotion. but this is just amateuristic. a shame that we can notice this but celine and rene. your dresses are of topdesigners and expensive. you deserve better for your videos. the standard we see in those dresses..where can we see that high standard in this video? Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
letstalkaboutce Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:54 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 03:54 AM Le miracle has beautiful melody I hope it will be a hit single Quote
rhapsodion Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:51 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:51 AM Hmm....I guess I am the only one who quite like this video. Cuz I orginally don't really care about this song, as I find the melody quite tacky and old fashion, especially with those children choir la la la la la. But I find this video gives it a fresh breath, beautiful scenes (inside and outside shots), including all those actors/actresses. Their jumping scenes do give me a up spirit and energetic feel. This feel reminds me a bit of the Air Canada You And I commercials actually. And Celine looks happy, young and beautiful. I don't need to see her the whole time. Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:18 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:18 AM Hmm....I guess I am the only one who quite like this video. Cuz I orginally don't really care about this song, as I find the melody quite tacky and old fashion, especially with those children choir la la la la la. But I find this video gives it a fresh breath, beautiful scenes (inside and outside shots), including all those actors/actresses. Their jumping scenes do give me a up spirit and energetic feel. This feel reminds me a bit of the Air Canada You And I commercials actually. And Celine looks happy, young and beautiful. I don't need to see her the whole time. No i like it too, some people r just never happy kev x 1 Quote
Bell Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:45 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:45 AM It spends an eternity showing people still in the air Yes, a little too much indeed but it's still a very nice video. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Rammstein Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM Love it. For a water bottle advert. 1 Quote Tiefe Wasser sind nicht still...
Javito Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM It seems to me now that Celine has become bigger than herself. I understand people disappointement, but sometimes , iIt is so hard to just meet expectations that fans have. Myself , i find this video ordinary, but i like her so much so i accept it. I think that to love love someone , you should take take te bad and the good, so.... That you love her so much does not mean you have to agree and accept everything HER TEAM does. We all love Céline very much, but one thing is to admit that, and another very different is to praise and swallow everything they put out with her name/image on it. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Claudette Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM Posted November 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM Maybe they should have stuck with the drawing theme for the videos too. I think they could have told a very nice story with a cartoon to go with the song. It would have been something different for a change. I kinda like the drawings. It is girly, but I think it suits Celine since she is a girly girl. Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted November 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM Anybody noticed that they used a radio edit of the song for the video? It's 20 seconds shorter than the album version. 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Timster Posted November 21, 2012 at 01:04 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 01:04 PM Anybody noticed that they used a radio edit of the song for the video? It's 20 seconds shorter than the album version. Yeah, I mentioned that on the last page - I wonder if this is the version that is on the promo CD, as I assume this shorter version is the one being played on the radio?? Quote
québecflower Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:08 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:08 PM That you love her so much does not mean you have to agree and accept everything HER TEAM does. We all love Céline very much, but one thing is to admit that, and another very different is to praise and swallow everything they put out with her name/image on it.since i can't change it.....tha't sad but i totally understand the disppointment of certain fans. They certainly have the right to express it , I just try to say why this video is not such a big deal for me. At least the album is good. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
browseceline Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:49 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:49 PM (edited) No i like it too, some people r just never happy kev x that is too easy kevin. It is just a matter of seeing that things are not like they should be. Yes Celine looks stunning, yes the location was great, yes everything that is shot during that filmshoot was perfect, but the way it has been edited is mediocre.I will praise her for the things I think she should be praised for but I will also express my opinion when I think they did it the wrong way, and they clearly did. And it is a matter of how you look at things; I have a graphic design and video background, so when the transitions are wrong and the story is not easy to follow and it looks like a compilation with transitions at the wrong places, that bothers me, because Celine is one of the biggest artists in the world. I don't expect videos like this from a world famous artist.Celine is not to blame in this at all, she looked stunning, the jacket looks gorgeous but well, I have said it all already;-)Btw in the 90s she had great videos! And taking chances video was not bad either! What about It's All Coming Back to me now or Think Twice, well, that was quality. Edited November 21, 2012 at 04:52 PM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Javito Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:50 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:50 PM since i can't change it.....tha't sad but i totally understand the disppointment of certain fans. They certainly have the right to express it , I just try to say why this video is not such a big deal for me. At least the album is good. Yes I get your point too. At least we still got a video and we should be grateful for it, but its a shame that even when we're seeing its getting harder to get Céline videoclips done for her albums these days, and having Céline in them, they keep wasting their time with her making videos with no stories What I see is here is that Céline is doing a video and the people that shows jumping is telling another. I don't get the connection between the scenes, if there's any. So then, why not use Céline to develop the whole story in the video? Is that hard to do? Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
québecflower Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:58 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 04:58 PM (edited) Yes I get your point too. At least we still got a video and we should be grateful for it, but its a shame that even when we're seeing its getting harder to get Céline videoclips done for her albums these days, and having Céline in them, they keep wasting their time with her making videos with no stories What I see is here is that Céline is doing a video and the people that shows jumping is telling another. I don't get the connection between the scenes, if there's any. So then, why not use Céline to develop the whole story in the video? Is that hard to do? it certainly lacks in imagination, i don't get the jumping all around...is it possible to be happy and see miracles without that? in a more quiet way, they are not thinking about handicapped peoples. Edited November 21, 2012 at 04:59 PM by québecflower Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Javito Posted November 21, 2012 at 05:15 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 05:15 PM I think that the main issue here is that many of us enjoyed more the "behind the scenes" images we could see in anticipation of the video (in the "en attendant Céline" documentary") than the actual video itself, and when we enjoy more the content behind the video than the video itself, we have a problem LOL The shoots at the woods were outstanding, and definetly they should have taken more advantage of them. We could enjoy more Céline in the behind the scenes than in the video :/ it certainly lacks in imagination, i don't get the jumping all around...is it possible to be happy and see miracles without that? in a more quiet way, they are not thinking about handicapped peoples. I think I get the idea the director wanted to share. The miracles happen everyday and you have to find them in the simple things in life, things that happen daily. That's the main idea behind using people just jumping I guess. And the use of the water, maybe its because water is what gives life in this world. We wouldn't be here if we did not have water. Water is life, and life is a miracle. That said, could (and should) have ellaborated more the director in the video. YES Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
artistman2007 Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:01 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:01 PM Ok im not gonna say any more bad things about the director , but when u find a woman so sexy , cheec, elgegant standing infront u and waiting to be filmed and its her video u leave her and get some strangers jumping all over the place .that guys is ubnormal, maybe he is gay but even if he is gay men loves celine ,and whats with that black screen behind her footage he used the most ?is there any body in the whole world still does these old ideas, we are In 2013 u dum ..... Egghhh 2 Quote
Chin Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:35 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 06:35 PM I like the music video... The only thing I would complain is too much black background over the video Quote
dj4celine Posted November 21, 2012 at 08:23 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 08:23 PM Something about this director and water/water droplets is just unsettling. Quote
Javito Posted November 21, 2012 at 08:23 PM Posted November 21, 2012 at 08:23 PM (edited) Ok im not gonna say any more bad things about the director , but when u find a woman so sexy , cheec, elgegant standing infront u and waiting to be filmed and its her video u leave her and get some strangers jumping all over the place .that guys is ubnormal, maybe he is gay but even if he is gay men loves celine ,and whats with that black screen behind her footage he used the most ?is there any body in the whole world still does these old ideas, we are In 2013 u dum ..... Egghhh He probably watched IDAN videoclip to be inspired before shooting this video and thought it was great Edited November 21, 2012 at 08:25 PM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
artistman2007 Posted November 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM Posted November 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM Believe me IDAN is a better video than that one at least she was excited , moving and dancing not standing like an old lady Quote
celine-rc Posted November 22, 2012 at 01:35 AM Posted November 22, 2012 at 01:35 AM I have to say that I still like it ! Ok, it's a bit cheesy with the people in the air throughout the whole thing, but I like it. I mostly love the quote at the end as well ! Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
chocolatechip15 Posted November 22, 2012 at 02:12 AM Posted November 22, 2012 at 02:12 AM The video has some beautiful images, and I love Celine with the autumn leaves, but I think the thing that's disappointing about the recent videos is that Celine's role is just standing there and singing. In Celine's best videos (IACBTM and Think Twice ,as was mentioned earlier, and also ones like PQTME), Celine really becomes an actress, plays a part . .acts out a mini-movie that tells a story in tandem with the song. And for all the videos of her songs from movies (BATB, When I Fall in Love, BYLM, and of course MHWGO), there were clips of the movie interspersed with the song, again telling a story. When that's what you're hoping for, it's disappointing to get these videos that are basically just pretty pictures. And I *like* these videos; it's just that I think a music video could be so much more. 2 Quote
Xpresso Posted November 22, 2012 at 02:29 AM Posted November 22, 2012 at 02:29 AM If at least we could see Céline jumping and flying like all the others in the video!!! 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted November 22, 2012 at 03:59 AM Posted November 22, 2012 at 03:59 AM (edited) What about i want you to need me video i love that video , even then you look at me althogh she was standing still but the video had an idea oh and how can we forget if walls could talk , i love it . And since she wants to act how about showing her abilities in acting in her videos maybe she'l get some roles Edited November 22, 2012 at 04:03 AM by artistman2007 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.