browseceline Posted April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM Posted April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM (edited) Do I like this.... it is...kind of nice and also a bit boring.. but to me this sounds fanmade, since this is just the same vocal used in the dance-version. It was slowed down for this version and the music was built around it or the voice was slowed down to the preprepared instrumental in the given beats per minute. The song is about driving to get to you..well if you really want to be there soon, you have to drive quite fast, so this is not driving fast at all. Reason why these lyrics don't work with this tempo I think.The bassdrum sounds like a 999 drumkit, which I am familiar with, it's the same one used in dance/house tracks from the 90s...I would have chosen a different bassdrum, not this sound, which has not been altered in any way, just a sample of that drumkit, at least that is what I hear..I think some songs just don't work in a ballad version, this is one of them - in my opinion. Edited April 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ImAliveUK Posted April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM Author Posted April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM This is an official mix - it was played on Magic FM radio station in the UK. I don't know who the owner of the YouTube clip is but it sounds to me to have been recorded from the radio. I knew this existed because 8 years ago I heard the end of the last chorus on the radio as I was driving to work and have been trying to find it since. I gave up, and here it finally surfaces. This is VERY rare!!! Just because it sounds a little distorted doesn't mean it's fan made!!!!! Quote
Céline's Blues Posted April 12, 2012 at 09:09 AM Posted April 12, 2012 at 09:09 AM This is an official mix - it was played on Magic FM radio station in the UK. I don't know who the owner of the YouTube clip is but it sounds to me to have been recorded from the radio. I knew this existed because 8 years ago I heard the end of the last chorus on the radio as I was driving to work and have been trying to find it since. I gave up, and here it finally surfaces. This is VERY rare!!! Just because it sounds a little distorted doesn't mean it's fan made!!!!!So happy to see a fellow TRUE fan confirming this ish in the midst of HATERS! This is old news and y'all not real fans I'm the BIGGEST! Bye!!!! Love! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
ryba Posted April 12, 2012 at 02:06 PM Posted April 12, 2012 at 02:06 PM What if we write an e-mail to Magic FM and kindly ask if they could give us this song in hq. Do you think they would provide it for the fans? What do you think guys? Quote
fred Posted April 12, 2012 at 03:26 PM Posted April 12, 2012 at 03:26 PM (edited) The song is about driving to get to you..well if you really want to be there soon, you have to drive quite fast, so this is not driving fast at all. Reason why these lyrics don't work with this tempo I think.That theory doesn't hold. I'm sorry. She sings she DROVE all night not that she's "driving all night". It takes place when she gets inbetween the sheets where here lover lays asleep. A ballad would work really well then. On the contrary it would had been very uncormfortable to wake up in the middle of the night by someone suddenly lying beside you screaming to a loud up tempo track. /fred Edited April 12, 2012 at 03:27 PM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
duri Posted April 12, 2012 at 03:36 PM Posted April 12, 2012 at 03:36 PM Do I like this.... it is...kind of nice and also a bit boring.. but to me this sounds fanmade, since this is just the same vocal used in the dance-version. It was slowed down for this version and the music was built around it or the voice was slowed down to the preprepared instrumental in the given beats per minute. The song is about driving to get to you..well if you really want to be there soon, you have to drive quite fast, so this is not driving fast at all. Reason why these lyrics don't work with this tempo I think.The bassdrum sounds like a 999 drumkit, which I am familiar with, it's the same one used in dance/house tracks from the 90s...I would have chosen a different bassdrum, not this sound, which has not been altered in any way, just a sample of that drumkit, at least that is what I hear..I think some songs just don't work in a ballad version, this is one of them - in my opinion.I totally agree, this song is good in it´s uptempo original version it´s not good song for ballad version. Quote http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 12, 2012 at 03:36 PM Posted April 12, 2012 at 03:36 PM thanks for sharing but this version does not excite me... prefer the other version. Quote
XDestin82X Posted April 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM Posted April 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo I don't like it at all Quote
changepas39 Posted April 19, 2012 at 04:57 PM Posted April 19, 2012 at 04:57 PM It is beautiful! Quote http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/changepas39/f28ed0e8-0230-434c-9df9-6801977de1f0_zps821ef336.jpg
Esty Posted April 20, 2012 at 05:49 PM Posted April 20, 2012 at 05:49 PM What if we write an e-mail to Magic FM and kindly ask if they could give us this song in hq. Do you think they would provide it for the fans? What do you think guys? That's a brilliant idea! Has anyone written to them? Quote
celinemaniacaik Posted April 20, 2012 at 06:04 PM Posted April 20, 2012 at 06:04 PM I wanna hear the clear version... Quote http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Prima_Donna1 Posted April 20, 2012 at 06:29 PM Posted April 20, 2012 at 06:29 PM This version sounds like it was mixed. The original is better. Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
ryba Posted April 20, 2012 at 06:53 PM Posted April 20, 2012 at 06:53 PM That's a brilliant idea! Has anyone written to them? Thanks Esty the e-mail adress is studio@magic.fm let's write some e-mails guys! Quote
joyandrian Posted April 21, 2012 at 06:04 AM Posted April 21, 2012 at 06:04 AM I want to hear this song in ballad version when I'm going to bed I love this version! Quote
Esty Posted April 21, 2012 at 02:30 PM Posted April 21, 2012 at 02:30 PM Maybe if more of us will send an email to this radio station, they will provide us with the song... Quote
ryba Posted April 21, 2012 at 06:36 PM Posted April 21, 2012 at 06:36 PM Maybe if more of us will send an email to this radio station, they will provide us with the song... exactly!! I already wrote an e-mail. So you should! Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM Posted April 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM I absolutely love this. It's miles better than the way she released IDAN, which is one of of my least favorites by her. I personally think Cyndi's version is miles better because it is a little more ballad-ish. Quote
seantrainor Posted April 22, 2012 at 07:43 AM Posted April 22, 2012 at 07:43 AM Oh my GOD I LOVE IT!!!!! It's awesome. Super beautiful. Yeah the upbeat version is great, but this is just stunning. To me, vocally it almost sounds like they used the track from the Taking Chances Tour DVD/Through the Eyes of the World. I love it, so beautiful. Quote https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbAYHWyU8AEWKub.jpg
pollsy Posted April 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM Posted April 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM I so much LOVE this ballad version! It's simply amazing!! Quote http://prikachi.com/images/153/5347153U.jpg
Esty Posted April 22, 2012 at 04:10 PM Posted April 22, 2012 at 04:10 PM exactly!! I already wrote an e-mail. So you should! I did so! Quote
Javito Posted April 22, 2012 at 05:12 PM Posted April 22, 2012 at 05:12 PM I really liked this version and I don't think its a fan version. We've never heard about this song before, so why should it surface now, 9 years after the release of the single? I'm so in love with the One Heart album these days, and I would like to have this in HQ (since it seems we'll never get a rarities album from Sony with these kind of unreleased songs ) Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ryba Posted April 22, 2012 at 05:39 PM Posted April 22, 2012 at 05:39 PM I really liked this version and I don't think its a fan version. We've never heard about this song before, so why should it surface now, 9 years after the release of the single? I'm so in love with the One Heart album these days, and I would like to have this in HQ (since it seems we'll never get a rarities album from Sony with these kind of unreleased songs ) well, then you should also write an e-mail to magic fm Quote
Javito Posted April 22, 2012 at 06:50 PM Posted April 22, 2012 at 06:50 PM But have they replied anyone yet? Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ryba Posted April 23, 2012 at 04:06 PM Posted April 23, 2012 at 04:06 PM no, no answer so far.. Quote
olemra17 Posted April 23, 2012 at 05:02 PM Posted April 23, 2012 at 05:02 PM OmGGGGGGG!!!! I really like it!!! Is just amazing... love the tone!!! its just amazing!!!! And that beautiful ending. Quote
Rodrigo in Brazil Posted April 24, 2012 at 02:17 AM Posted April 24, 2012 at 02:17 AM Here are the MP3 files of what I was able to do with it in terms of filtering/equalizing and noise removal. Because the biggest problem was the distortions (and, as far as I'm concerned, there aren't many softwares that can actually remove them), there wasn't much to do, but I think it sounds better than the YouTube audio. I'm sure someone here must have better softwares and hardwares, so maybe we could ask one of them to come up with a better remaster. I Drove All Night (Magic 105.4 Ballad Mix) [Filtered].mp3http://www.mediafire.com/?eds9tisebqgh7y4* equalized, smoothed, noise reduced, filtered and improved. I Drove All Night (Magic 105.4 Ballad Mix) [Filtered & Repitched].mp3http://www.mediafire.com/?muaeb3fjm5t7kn5* same as the above but in the same key as the album version. They clearly pitched-down Céline's vocals a semitone to make this remix, so I pitched it back to the original key - but that lead to a quality decay, so you might like the first one better. As to whether it's an official remix or not, I think it could be. If it was fan mande, then the fan would've used the acapella version that was officially released and it has a lot of echo, which would've been hard to remove (and some of it would still remain). This mix has no echo at all, so only a person who had access to Céline's recorded vocals could have made it. Maybe it was released on a rare, limited promo CD single distributed only to a few radio stations in the UK. I'll email Magic 105.4 right now and ask for a HQ version, why don't we all do that? http://www.magic.co.uk/contact-us/ Quote See Ya!Rodrigo.
Javito Posted April 24, 2012 at 08:18 AM Posted April 24, 2012 at 08:18 AM Here are the MP3 files of what I was able to do with it in terms of filtering/equalizing and noise removal. Because the biggest problem was the distortions (and, as far as I'm concerned, there aren't many softwares that can actually remove them), there wasn't much to do, but I think it sounds better than the YouTube audio. I'm sure someone here must have better softwares and hardwares, so maybe we could ask one of them to come up with a better remaster. I Drove All Night (Magic 105.4 Ballad Mix) [Filtered].mp3http://www.mediafire.com/?eds9tisebqgh7y4* equalized, smoothed, noise reduced, filtered and improved.I Drove All Night (Magic 105.4 Ballad Mix) [Filtered & Repitched].mp3http://www.mediafire.com/?muaeb3fjm5t7kn5* same as the above but in the same key as the album version. They clearly pitched-down Céline's vocals a semitone to make this remix, so I pitched it back to the original key - but that lead to a quality decay, so you might like the first one better.As to whether it's an official remix or not, I think it could be. If it was fan mande, then the fan would've used the acapella version that was officially released and it has a lot of echo, which would've been hard to remove (and some of it would still remain). This mix has no echo at all, so only a person who had access to Céline's recorded vocals could have made it. Maybe it was released on a rare, limited promo CD single distributed only to a few radio stations in the UK.I'll email Magic 105.4 right now and ask for a HQ version, why don't we all do that? http://www.magic.co.uk/contact-us/ I liked much more the repitched version! That's much closer to how the album version sounds. Good work and thanks for sharing!! 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Celine Fan 77 Posted April 24, 2012 at 09:41 AM Posted April 24, 2012 at 09:41 AM just e-mailed them! thanks for the improved audios Rodrigo in Brazil! Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
browseceline Posted April 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM Posted April 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM i have to say I start to appreciate the version more..but I don't get why the original person that mixed the song, used such a Booming bass sound! Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted April 24, 2012 at 12:39 PM Posted April 24, 2012 at 12:39 PM I think emailing can result in them not giving the version since they are not allowed to spread official material - IF it is a official mix - without permission of the record company/sony. Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.