J-Man Posted April 10, 2012 at 08:55 AM Posted April 10, 2012 at 08:55 AM (edited) They must often experiment with tempo for songs. It could be that the song was initially performed this way By Celine and they then mixed it up to give us the version we know. (although her voice is a bit unusual in this alright) Sorry For Love is a prime example of how a song can be sung as a ballad and then evolve into a dance track. Edited April 10, 2012 at 08:59 AM by J-Man Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
J-Man Posted April 10, 2012 at 08:55 AM Posted April 10, 2012 at 08:55 AM (edited) Delete this. Double post Edited April 10, 2012 at 08:58 AM by J-Man Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
celinedionfan1 Posted April 10, 2012 at 08:59 AM Posted April 10, 2012 at 08:59 AM I may be weird, I dunno.. But this is actually one of my fave songs of hers, I just love it so much! Discovered it myself a few years ago, it's amazing. Quote Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
superibi Posted April 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM Posted April 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM Has somebody got it in good quality? I just love it!!!!!! Quote
celinesounds Posted April 10, 2012 at 01:07 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 01:07 PM maybe would fit the new show Quote #FREEJAVITO
Celine Fan 77 Posted April 10, 2012 at 01:10 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 01:10 PM I like it. I just wish we had a better quality version. However, it's a great adaptation into a more soft style. Really like it! Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
celinelover50 Posted April 10, 2012 at 01:49 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 01:49 PM oh my Dion! Seriously love this so much - this is one of my favourite songs she has covered - the more versions the better. only thing is i wish her vocals weren't so low - j'adore celine Quote http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/celinelover50/celine/TEOL_Sig.jpg
lost84 Posted April 10, 2012 at 02:11 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 02:11 PM its simply beautiful !!! Quote
Celine@tone Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:05 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:05 PM Thanks for posting. I like this alot. Tony Quote
Bell Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:22 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:22 PM Sorry For Love is a prime example of how a song can be sung as a ballad and then evolve into a dance track.Yes, but I think 'Sorry For Love' sounds good both ways while this one doesn't. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Bell Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:23 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:23 PM That's a great idea Davey !!! It'd be great to have a Celine's MTV Unplugged concert !!! Definitely! Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
GoldenLeaf Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:24 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 05:24 PM It's nice but it's obviously fan made. Quote
AlberDR2 Posted April 10, 2012 at 06:25 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 06:25 PM It's nice but it's obviously fan made. AMEN 1 Quote http://i48.tinypic.com/2ngfr0p.jpg
dorfus Posted April 10, 2012 at 06:37 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 06:37 PM Even if this is fan made, is it me or would this slowed down version make a great addition to her show's set list? Quote 6 May 2008 - London, England / 15 May 2019 - Las Vegas, USA / 3 June 2023 - Nicosia, Cyprus
whosarahre Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:07 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:07 PM that is A-MAZING! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/whosarahre/photo68.jpgI'm gonna love you forever always together, you'll never be far away from my heart
celinemaniacaik Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:10 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:10 PM OMD!!! tHIS IS SUCH A NICE VERSION!! Wish it were better quality though Quote http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
mebe Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:12 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:12 PM I find it's good...not great!...Her voice is different...It shows that it has been slowed down. Quote
fred Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:29 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 09:29 PM Could it be? After nine years this myth comes forth as truth?? I actually didn't believe it existed. Fanmade or not. It is very okay. There are some parts which makes me think it's fan made, some clumsy transitions here and there. But her latest official remixes has been total crap, and this is way way above them. If it is authentic: why has it been in the shadows for all these years?! I like how it sounds. It isn't brilliant to me, but I could very well see this type of song making it big. Although I can't shake off that is very familiar to SFL (2003 version) and TCAT. Thanks for sharing. It's a nice treat. Whish we had it in better quality though, and that the music was louder. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Del Posted April 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM Posted April 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM I had a listen. It's indeed an interesting track. To say I like it... well I'm not 100%. There's something about the vocals that I don't like. That being said it's nice to hear the song as a ballad for a change. Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Trami0501 Posted April 11, 2012 at 06:01 AM Posted April 11, 2012 at 06:01 AM I listen to I drove All Night by Celine Dion. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:05 AM Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:05 AM Could it be? After nine years this myth comes forth as truth?? I actually didn't believe it existed. Fanmade or not. It is very okay. There are some parts which makes me think it's fan made, some clumsy transitions here and there. But her latest official remixes has been total crap, and this is way way above them. If it is authentic: why has it been in the shadows for all these years?! I like how it sounds. It isn't brilliant to me, but I could very well see this type of song making it big. Although I can't shake off that is very familiar to SFL (2003 version) and TCAT. Thanks for sharing. It's a nice treat. Whish we had it in better quality though, and that the music was louder. /fred TCAT? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Esty Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:34 AM Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:34 AM I really like it. There's another ballad version which is definitely fan made and there the vocal is more artificial, meaning slowed down and as if some filter has been used. This one is in that respect better. In any case it is fab. Quote
Javito Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:36 AM Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:36 AM TCAT? I guess its There Comes A Time Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
beautyroses Posted April 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM Posted April 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM It was good to listen to it, but I love the fast version more, honestly Quote http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpgAngel of My World[/i]
fred Posted April 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM Posted April 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM I guess its There Comes A Time Yes, I was about to write LMBYS (coz in my mind that's the title). I really don't get why they changed the title from Let Me Be Your Soldier to There Comes A Time. I guess it was so that it would be "kinder" and more "Celine-like". But to me the new titel is very banal and says nothing about the song. Another mad decision. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
kevincheung410 Posted April 11, 2012 at 01:04 PM Posted April 11, 2012 at 01:04 PM I really love this mix version. Thank you for sharing... Quote www.celinecn.com Youtube | Sohu
celinefan5 Posted April 11, 2012 at 03:08 PM Posted April 11, 2012 at 03:08 PM Thanks for sharing It's different, that's for sure! Not sure if I like it....I think it would be better if Celine sang it as a ballad instead of them just slowing the song...sounds a but strange and not like the Celine we know! I love the original 100 times better. Quote
Trami0501 Posted April 11, 2012 at 05:55 PM Posted April 11, 2012 at 05:55 PM I like this song! Quote
celinemaniacaik Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:52 PM Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:52 PM well obviously its fan made, otherwise we woeuld've heard it before and the quality would'nt be this bad. Quote http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Javito Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:55 PM Posted April 11, 2012 at 09:55 PM well obviously its fan made, otherwise we woeuld've heard it before and the quality would'nt be this bad. According to the youtube link it seems this version only surfaced in a specific radio station, so maybe this was only delivered to that radio in a very rare promotional single. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.