openthetelevision Posted May 22, 2012 at 07:11 AM Posted May 22, 2012 at 07:11 AM Last night, the 2012 Billboard Music Awards honoured Whitney Houston with the 2012 Billboard Millennium Award. Watch the performances and Bobbi Kristina's moving acceptance speech below: John Legend & Jordin Sparks performed some of Whitney's classical songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwT-N6zBek Whitney !!! That was amazing Quote
Celinenvegas Posted May 24, 2012 at 01:34 PM Posted May 24, 2012 at 01:34 PM It was very moving to see Pat and Bobbi Kris but I thought the performance was just ok. That song was too big for Jordan, she's got a nice voice but not enough for "I Will Always Love You". Quote ~J O E Y~
celinefanonline Posted May 24, 2012 at 02:02 PM Posted May 24, 2012 at 02:02 PM yeah same here but i think Jennifer Hudson can probably kill the song Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Celinenvegas Posted May 24, 2012 at 02:09 PM Posted May 24, 2012 at 02:09 PM yeah same here but i think Jennifer Hudson can probably kill the song OMG Jennifer Hudson did an amazing job with the song at the Grammys and so did that Jessica Sanchez from American Idol. I was pleasantly surprised with her version. Quote ~J O E Y~
disadiva Posted May 25, 2012 at 09:02 AM Posted May 25, 2012 at 09:02 AM This was so beautiful RIP Whitney. Quote http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
disadiva Posted May 25, 2012 at 09:02 AM Posted May 25, 2012 at 09:02 AM This was so beautiful RIP Whitney. Quote http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
browseceline Posted May 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM Posted May 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM (edited) OMG Jennifer Hudson did an amazing job with the song at the Grammys and so did that Jessica Sanchez from American Idol. I was pleasantly surprised with her version. for me there is only one singer in this world who can come closest to Whitney and that is Glennis Grace Her biggest idol was and will ever be Whitney. And you can definately hear that. here is one of the videos of her honouring Whitney Houston:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz5XvpaOh1Y Edited May 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
LVCeline Posted May 29, 2012 at 09:42 PM Posted May 29, 2012 at 09:42 PM It was very moving to see Pat and Bobbi Kris but I thought the performance was just ok. That song was too big for Jordan, she's got a nice voice but not enough for "I Will Always Love You". I tend to disagree. I think Jordan's voice is much thinner than Whitney's but her range is there. I thought it was a very nice effort and a much better performance than Jennifer Hudson's at the Grammy's. I didn't think she cut it at all. Quote
PrincesseJen Posted May 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM Posted May 31, 2012 at 12:04 AM What I wouldn't give to hear Celine sing "I Will Always Love You". Saw a vid on youtube of her singing the phone book in French to the tone of IWALY. It sounded so good. RIP Whitney. Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
Celinenvegas Posted May 31, 2012 at 05:14 PM Posted May 31, 2012 at 05:14 PM I tend to disagree. I think Jordan's voice is much thinner than Whitney's but her range is there. I thought it was a very nice effort and a much better performance than Jennifer Hudson's at the Grammy's. I didn't think she cut it at all. Well that's the beautiful thing about music and different artists...we like who we like and there's plenty to go around. So we'll agree to disagree on this one. I very much prefer Jennifer Hudson's more emotional, vocal performance to Jordan's. I do like Jordan very much and she has a wonderful voice. I can't wait to see the movie, I know it's gonna be great. Quote ~J O E Y~
browseceline Posted June 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM Posted June 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM listen to this amazing tribute on the piano by Shelea Frazier!this is what I call a real tribute..beautiful! Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
justinecoria Posted June 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM Posted June 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM (edited) for me there is only one singer in this world who can come closest to Whitney and that is Glennis Grace Her biggest idol was and will ever be Whitney. And you can definately hear that. here is one of the videos of her honouring Whitney Houston:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz5XvpaOh1YOMG, how come I've never heard of her? She's really impressive :o. Edited June 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM by justinecoria Quote
celinefanonline Posted June 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM Posted June 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM (edited) "Celebrate" duet with Jordin Sparks from the movie Sparkle!!! Edited June 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM by celinefanonline Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
browseceline Posted June 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM Posted June 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM (edited) OMG, how come I've never heard of her? She's really impressive :o. There are a lot of videos from Glennis Grace, and she also made some cd's more Whitney songs she sang:At a Whitney tribute concert in March: I look to you Did we almost have it all One Moment in Time Others: Singing the star-spangled banner in Cancun 2011; Competing in the Eurovision songcontest with the song - My Impossible Dream Edited June 11, 2012 at 10:53 AM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
rael1983 Posted June 11, 2012 at 01:09 PM Posted June 11, 2012 at 01:09 PM Keep voting for Celine to be part of "VH1 Divas" tribute to Whitney: VH1 Divas readies Whitney Houston tribute. Vote for the line-up! Quote
browseceline Posted June 13, 2012 at 07:24 PM Posted June 13, 2012 at 07:24 PM Keep voting for Celine to be part of "VH1 Divas" tribute to Whitney: VH1 Divas readies Whitney Houston tribute. Vote for the line-up! you can vote as much as you want, like we did, but this is not an official votesite that has any influence on wether Celine will be on this event.It does not have any influence Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
rael1983 Posted June 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM Posted June 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM you can vote as much as you want, like we did, but this is not an official votesite that has any influence on wether Celine will be on this event.It does not have any influence Well, I know it's not a poll posted by VH1. But it is all over Twitter with direct mentions to @VH1 and @VH1Divas Twitter accounts, so who knows? I'm sure VH1 will have a look to it as a reference. Quote
BLM Posted August 5, 2012 at 01:51 PM Posted August 5, 2012 at 01:51 PM Not sure the authenticity of this letter. http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/VH1.jpg Quote
CelineAndRene Posted August 5, 2012 at 03:45 PM Posted August 5, 2012 at 03:45 PM Not sure the authenticity of this letter. http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/VH1.jpg please be fake... It makes me want to vomit seeing Lady Gaga and Katy Perry's name next to a Whitney trubute. Quote "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
Edwin Posted August 5, 2012 at 08:02 PM Posted August 5, 2012 at 08:02 PM Another fan's wish list... Quote
*Daniel Posted August 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM Posted August 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM Well for one someone may lose their job Quote "Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion
JasonFromTheMoon Posted August 6, 2012 at 09:26 PM Posted August 6, 2012 at 09:26 PM Of course it's fake! Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj would pay tribute to Madonna or Cher, not to Whitney. I hope they dropped out the idea of Rihanna being in a movie about Whitney though, that could only inspire Whitney's fans like me to vomit, throw up, puke and collapse! Quote Welcome to the "Loved Me Back To Life" era!http://s10.postimg.org/j8wfwy3ah/Fotor0101825542.jpg
rael1983 Posted August 7, 2012 at 01:34 PM Posted August 7, 2012 at 01:34 PM Not sure the authenticity of this letter. http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/VH1.jpg FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!!! Quote
browseceline Posted August 7, 2012 at 04:36 PM Posted August 7, 2012 at 04:36 PM Of course it's fake! Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj would pay tribute to Madonna or Cher, not to Whitney. I hope they dropped out the idea of Rihanna being in a movie about Whitney though, that could only inspire Whitney's fans like me to vomit, throw up, puke and collapse! Rihanna in a movie about Whitney??? give me a break! she is soooo trashy! Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bóól'át'í Posted August 9, 2012 at 07:19 PM Posted August 9, 2012 at 07:19 PM Happy Birthday to the greatest singer ever!!! RIP Whitney. Quote
Celinenvegas Posted August 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM Posted August 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM Happy Birthday to the greatest singer ever!!! RIP Whitney. I've been listening to her music the last few days to celebrate her life & Bday! The Preachers Wife soundtrack was her BEST work (in my opinion). That is my favorite Whitney album. Quote ~J O E Y~
Bóól'át'í Posted August 10, 2012 at 01:05 AM Posted August 10, 2012 at 01:05 AM I've been listening to her music the last few days to celebrate her life & Bday! The Preachers Wife soundtrack was her BEST work (in my opinion). That is my favorite Whitney album. I'm such a fanatic of Miss Whitney's that all of her albums are favorites of mine and are constantly played. But I think The Preacher's Wife soundtrack is indeed her best album artistically. Such a masterpiece. Quote
Bell Posted August 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM Posted August 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM Rihanna in a movie about Whitney???Yes, there is such a possibility. I'm not excited about it... Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Celinenvegas Posted August 10, 2012 at 03:59 PM Posted August 10, 2012 at 03:59 PM I'm such a fanatic of Miss Whitney's that all of her albums are favorites of mine and are constantly played. But I think The Preacher's Wife soundtrack is indeed her best album artistically. Such a masterpiece. Yes, me also - huge Whitney fan since her first album, well a little before because I knew it was coming for well over a year and had anticipated the release. I was NOT disappointed. The thing I love about that album is that you could really hear her soul in that music. I connect with a lot of her music but nothing compares to those songs. It brings tears to my eyes and a chill runs through me when I hear some of those amazing songs. I jsut read that it's the biggest selling gospel album. Quote ~J O E Y~
JasonFromTheMoon Posted August 10, 2012 at 08:42 PM Posted August 10, 2012 at 08:42 PM Hopefully she's feeling better where she is now, too much pain for her down here. All because of love. I adore "The Preacher's Wife" too, even though her debut self-titled album, "My Love Is Your Love" and "Just Whitney" are albums that I love a little bit more. Actually every album of hers is breathtaking and will always be! I'll always love her! Only people like me who loved her while she was alive and not only after her death know what exactly the feeling is now. The MASTER voice will NEVER leave us! http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/1993WhitneyHouston02PA170212.jpg Quote Welcome to the "Loved Me Back To Life" era!http://s10.postimg.org/j8wfwy3ah/Fotor0101825542.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.