celinefanonline Posted February 29, 2012 at 03:43 AM Posted February 29, 2012 at 03:43 AM yeah but i would love to hear what David think of her while producing her songs from I Look To You album Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Celinenvegas Posted February 29, 2012 at 05:08 PM Posted February 29, 2012 at 05:08 PM yeah but i would love to hear what David think of her while producing her songs from I Look To You album He's a professional, I'm sure he wouldn't say anything bad. He knows her voice was comprimised and working within that to do the best they both can. Quote ~J O E Y~
riobeard11 Posted March 22, 2012 at 09:47 PM Posted March 22, 2012 at 09:47 PM (edited) Coroner report was released: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/22/coron...ston/?hpt=hp_t1The cause of singer Whitney Houston's death was drowning and the "effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use," the Los Angeles County coroner's office said Thursday. ... Other drugs identified in Houston's body were marijuana, alprazolam (Xanax), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and diphenhydramine (Benadryl), but they "did not contribute to the death," the report said. Flexeril is a muscle relaxant, and Benadryl is an allergy medicine. While it's still sad she died...it's not a big surprise to see this is how it happened. Edited March 22, 2012 at 09:52 PM by riobeard11 Quote
ferjaacu Posted March 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM Posted March 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM (edited) Oh man... So sad... Edited March 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM by ferjaacu Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
GoldenLeaf Posted March 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM Posted March 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM This confirms the obvious. Now I hope the Whitney fans realize that Celine was right when she said that ''drugs killed Whitney Houston''. Quote
duri Posted March 23, 2012 at 08:04 AM Posted March 23, 2012 at 08:04 AM So first news about the reasons of her death was right, very sad. Quote http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
openthetelevision Posted March 23, 2012 at 08:18 PM Posted March 23, 2012 at 08:18 PM Oh boy. It's sad how something so strong can take away something so beautiful. Quote
popstar60 Posted March 24, 2012 at 09:13 PM Posted March 24, 2012 at 09:13 PM It was so expected.... What a waste! I still can't realize she's gone forever. I always knew her, but I only began to pay attention to her when she released I look to you. I so hoped that this album could be like a resurrection for her, but it was not. We've lost one of the greatest singers of her generation! Quote 1997 - 2010: 13 ans de passion pour une voix que je n'oublierais jamais...
browseceline Posted March 24, 2012 at 09:27 PM Posted March 24, 2012 at 09:27 PM (edited) I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I want to share this with you;In Holland a special tribute concert took place, with some of Holland's best singers.Among them was Glennis Grace, a girl who ows her career to Whitney, as she was the winner of the Soundmixshow in 1994 with One Moment In Time.Here are some of the songs of this Tribute concert. For more check the channel. One Moment In Time: I look To you: Did we almost have it all: I will Always love you: Edited March 24, 2012 at 09:27 PM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Celinenvegas Posted March 25, 2012 at 09:50 PM Posted March 25, 2012 at 09:50 PM It was so expected.... What a waste! I still can't realize she's gone forever. I always knew her, but I only began to pay attention to her when she released I look to you. I so hoped that this album could be like a resurrection for her, but it was not. We've lost one of the greatest singers of her generation! I didn't understand why the songs didn't hit big, "I look To You" and "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" werehigh quality songs. I really think the press & radio got soured on her with all the crazy antics during her marriage to bobby brown. She should've gotten a Grammy nod for that album or at least the single. This summer we will get a movie and some music from Whitney. Maybe she'll get a Grammy nod next year. Quote ~J O E Y~
J-Man Posted April 2, 2012 at 07:04 PM Posted April 2, 2012 at 07:04 PM Sparkle Trailer The trailer to Whitney's upcoming final movie, Sparkle. Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
ferjaacu Posted April 2, 2012 at 08:47 PM Posted April 2, 2012 at 08:47 PM I totally agree with you Celineinvegas Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
CelineAndRene Posted April 7, 2012 at 06:46 AM Posted April 7, 2012 at 06:46 AM Sparkle Trailer The trailer to Whitney's upcoming final movie, Sparkle. Just like Michael, she looked TOP SHAPE! How unfortunate. Still hard to believe.... Quote "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
ferjaacu Posted April 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM Posted April 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM They're paying tribute to Whitney on Glee, but I don't know when the episode will be aired... You can listen some of the songs that are being performed on Whitney's Official Website Can't wait to see how they do it !!! Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
rael1983 Posted May 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM Posted May 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM (edited) From Billboard: Exclusive: Whitney Houston To Be Honored in Next 'VH1 Divas' Tribute VH1 will pay tribute to Whitney Houston for its next installment of "VH1 Divas," Billboard has learned. The network will tape the performance in Los Angeles in December, with Houston's longtime musical director Rickey Minor on board as executive producer. No artists have been confirmed for the tribute to Houston, a three-time performer on "Divas" in 1999, 2002 and 2003. The tribute has already received the blessing of Houston's family and her label partners at Sony. "We all felt that if any show could pay tribute to Whitney's music, it would be 'Divas,'" VH1 president Tom Calderone tells Billboard. "December felt like enough time where it wouldn't be sad anymore, you'd want to celebrate her music." Since debuting in 1998, "Divas" has become one of VH1's most-watched and best known franchises. Previous performers include Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion, Diana Ross, Cher, Tina Turner, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Adele and Kelly Clarkson. The 2011 installment, "VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul," attracted 1.3 million total viewers and doubled the previous year's average rating, according to Nielsen Media Research. http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/tv...006996952.story Here you can vote for Celine:http://thelavalizard.com/2012/05/vh1-divas...for-the-lineup/ Edited May 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM by rael1983 Quote
Davey84 Posted May 9, 2012 at 06:19 AM Posted May 9, 2012 at 06:19 AM I think it would be very nice if Celine did a tribute to her, but not a big sing like IWALY... It would be nicer if she did a lesser known simple song Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
J-Man Posted May 9, 2012 at 08:44 AM Posted May 9, 2012 at 08:44 AM (edited) That's a great idea. They are right, The Diva's format would be the perfect tribute for her. I would think IWALY should be performed as an ensemble piece at the end of the show. Celine may choose to perform something from the 80's, which would probably be her favourite Whitney period. She has already done SAMLFY and TGLOA in the past, so she might decide to re-do one of those. IF she performs. Please God she won't turn this down. She's surely going to be asked. If she and Mariah weren't there it would seem less poignant. I voted for her at that lava lizard site. Just as well it's not the official vh1 site. So far she's only got 2.7% of the vote.Less than.... Fantasia. Christina Aguillera fans have given her over 45% of the vote. (you can vote as many times as you like. If you're that way inclined) Edited May 9, 2012 at 08:50 AM by J-Man Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
sfbaysinger Posted May 9, 2012 at 03:38 PM Posted May 9, 2012 at 03:38 PM Thanks for this info!Oh I would absolutely Love it if our Celine sang a tribute to Whitney. They better ask her! It would be weird if she and/or Mariah weren't there.I do have to confess that I'm a fan of both Fantasia, (and think she could do Whitney proud!!!!!!) and am a Christina Aguilera fan. I'm not sure her voice is cut out for a Whitney song, but it sounds like her fans want to see it. Although who knows if there will be another installment of `The Voice` going on by then...Either way, I just really seriously hope Celine is asked. They'd be Stupid to turn it down, I don't think She would. As for what she would sing, I would not really care because I know it would be amazing/stupendous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
GoldenLeaf Posted May 9, 2012 at 04:51 PM Posted May 9, 2012 at 04:51 PM (edited) I think it would be very nice if Celine did a tribute to her, but not a big sing like IWALY... It would be nicer if she did a lesser known simple songCeline could easily nail big songs like IWALY, I Have Nothing, The Greatest Love Of All.... Those songs would be like a piece cake for her. Edited May 9, 2012 at 04:54 PM by Calypso Quote
duri Posted May 9, 2012 at 05:56 PM Posted May 9, 2012 at 05:56 PM Hope Céline will be part of it, thank you for info. Quote http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Ray Posted May 9, 2012 at 07:31 PM Posted May 9, 2012 at 07:31 PM Hope Mariah and Céline will sing! In addition I hope for Brandy, Jordin Sparks and Leona Lewis. Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Davey84 Posted May 9, 2012 at 08:54 PM Posted May 9, 2012 at 08:54 PM Celine could easily nail big songs like IWALY, I Have Nothing, The Greatest Love Of All.... Those songs would be like a piece cake for her. Yes I know, but people will only complain that Céline wanted to outshine Whitney! I meant do an easy simple song to be powerful, yet simple and respectful... like a tribute should be IMO Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
ferjaacu Posted May 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM Posted May 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM I totally agree with you Davey Maybe singing something like Didn't We Almost Have It All or even an up-tempo song like So Emotional ! Anyway, I surely hope she's asked and that she performs there. Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Prima_Donna1 Posted May 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM Posted May 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM Celine, and Mariah both of them being part of the great three or the vocal trinity should definately perform. Aguilera, Mary J., Jordan Sparks, and Jennifer Hudson should also perform. Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
ahmed_dh90 Posted May 10, 2012 at 06:38 PM Posted May 10, 2012 at 06:38 PM voted for her , she is ahead of the others now Quote http://images.wikia.com/lyricwiki/images/9/98/CelineDion.jpg How it hurts to need someone that much
Prima_Donna1 Posted May 10, 2012 at 07:18 PM Posted May 10, 2012 at 07:18 PM I just voted for 6th time. Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
rael1983 Posted May 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM Posted May 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM Guys, that poll has no connections to VH1. You can post your suggestions on the message thread of their announcement link:VH1 DIVAS 2012 will salute the musical legacy of Whitney Houston Also on Entertainment Weekly's link:'VH1 Divas' will tribute Whitney Houston: Who should participate? Quote
ferjaacu Posted May 11, 2012 at 07:35 AM Posted May 11, 2012 at 07:35 AM Thanks for that info !!! I really hope Celine to be a part of this Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
browseceline Posted May 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM Posted May 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM our Dutch megatalent Glennis Grace doing a tribute for Whitney Houston during the toppers in concert 2012 concert:Need I say more that Glennis should be part of the VH1 tribute!? ;-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMgqp-zXTFA...feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayk94E6WQd8...;feature=relmfu Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ferjaacu Posted May 21, 2012 at 04:45 PM Posted May 21, 2012 at 04:45 PM (edited) Last night, the 2012 Billboard Music Awards honoured Whitney Houston with the 2012 Billboard Millennium Award. Watch the performances and Bobbi Kristina's moving acceptance speech below: John Legend & Jordin Sparks performed some of Whitney's classical songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwT-N6zBek Whitney !!! Edited May 21, 2012 at 04:50 PM by ferjaacu Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.