amelie Posted May 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM Posted May 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM (edited) Great news if they're true! can't wait for french single! Edited May 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM by amelie
browseceline Posted May 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM Posted May 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM I fail to see the bad news anywhere here Tim. This is exactly how she should be doing it. It's like Celine of old and I'm stoked!! The next 12 months are going to be all about Celine for me. I do hope that we hear the studio versions of the new show at some stage though. Maybe as bonus tracks on a DVD box set. But in the meantime, the new concept is exciting. And best of all we finally have a new French album on the way. Oh my days!!! I need to sit down. that is the best news in months!!! Maybe they have read the celinedionforum opinions? Glad she decides to make something special instead of recycling material that already has been done before in the Vegas show. Next news is I hope quitting Vegas and preparing for a new worldtour ;-) <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted May 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM Posted May 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM The thing is though we know Sony / Feeling monitor these boards and if even the fans aren't convinced by a "covers album" then they can be sure the general public aren't going to buy it either. If this news is true it's a very sensible move by the team, quality over quantity. Take their time putting together an album of original songs. Sounds great to me! never knew Sony or Feeling Inc. screened this forum too... if so, I think it is great they look what our opinions are. And if they screen enough they would know then you look at me has to come in the Vegas show too;-) <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
celine-rc Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM Great news ! Can't wait ! thanks for the info. http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
mebe Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM wow great news!!!! We need a complete new album!!
Koolan Posted May 23, 2012 at 03:48 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 03:48 AM Lovely news! I wonder why they decided to change the direction of the album. Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
duri Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:00 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:00 AM Latest news about english album, 7 songs already recorded, will be out this year one month after french album. http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/05/2...nge-son-contrat http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:08 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:08 AM please someone to translate that! Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
ashtonelijah Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:24 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:24 AM please someone to translate that! Celine Dion, the lucky Las Vegas chanteuse, has come to renegotiate her contract with Caesars Palace "for several years," Rene Angelil says happily. Her show started March 15, 2011, originally planned as a period of three years at a rate of 70 shows per year. But we can't let go of such a treasure that easily. "This show in Las Vegas is the perfect balance between family life and career for Celine. I am very happy, but I will say no more about this new agreement. We will be there for several years. We have renewed long-term," said Rene Angelil, speaking to the Journal. Celine Dion has performed to packed out houses in Las Vegas since her first show, A New Day. This show brings together 31 musicians, according to Rene Angelil, her life accomplice throughout her career. "It's the greatest show of Celine's career. It has sold out every single night, filled a room of 4,300 seats." The star returns June 9 to the Colosseum stage at Caesars Palace after a forced rest in March, due to a virus that affected her vocal cords. She will perform until August 19. She will then return to Florida in time for Rene-Charles' new school year, on August 21. Celine Dion must participate in the Today Show in anticipation of her return to Las Vegas. Two albums this fall But during this forced leave and after healing her voice, Celine has addressed her two major projects including albums due out this fall. Rene Angelil spoke enthusiastically of the work already done on these two albums. "The French album released a month before the English one. Luc Plamondon and Jean-Pierre Ferland participated. No date is set. But it will be this fall. We first recorded the songs in French. We have three left that we will finalize this summer. "And we also recorded seven songs in English. It's been a long time since Céline released an album. Her last album in French was six years ago, and her last album in English released fall 2007, before the tour, so it's been five years. " According to Rene Angelil, Celine Dion has "never been in such good vocal shape." "What I hear in the studiois fantastic. Celine's voice is like good wine," said Angelil proudly. He recalled that the second phase with Las Vegas makes him even more happy that the bar was so high after the success of A New Day. "The pressure was there because I did not want people to say they preferred the other show. That way, they can just say it's better or as good." Film Premiere "The whole family is well. The twins were 18 months and are already in great shape, like Rene-Charles. And I can tell Celine fans to hear him sing during the recordings of these albums, his voice remains unique, "says Rene Angelil. Celine has sold 200 million albums worldwide. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
ashtonelijah Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:25 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:25 AM (edited) In short: No date set for either albums, but both the English and French will be released this fall, with the English coming a month after the French. 7 songs have been recorded in English thus far. All but 3 of the songs for the French album have been recorded. Vegas contract is being extended. Edited May 23, 2012 at 07:25 AM by ashtonelijah http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
duri Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:39 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:39 AM Thank you for translate article, yeasterday everything seems very good about Céline´s future career and today ... I don ´t want to complain but it would be more better to have one album this year and one next year, but they do it again in their srategy, two albums one year maybe little promo, no concert to promote it and then next 2,3,4,5 ... years in Vegas out of eyes of public, yes it´s Céline´s life she could do what is best for her and her family I know, but this is very frustrating she is still very young active singer to be so long somewhere in Vegas ... Vegas is only thing I hate in Céline´s career from begining in 2003 to now, I would be Ok with Vegas if she will do something more than Vegas, for example few concerts to promote albums or something like she did in Jamaica http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Davey84 Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:41 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:41 AM (edited) I'm sad to hear they prolongued Vegas, I thought they wouldn't renew anymore :sad: Hmmm if the English one comes quickly after the French one, then the French one will be forgotten ASAP! Good to hear she already recorded 7 songs in total though Edited May 23, 2012 at 07:43 AM by Davey84 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
CSCfan Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:48 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:48 AM (edited) Latest news about english album, 7 songs already recorded, will be out this year one month after french album. http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/05/2...nge-son-contrat Thank you.... like I said, don't trust Charts in France as a source, now we have a real one. Looking good! Btw....Today Show?? Hmmm! Edited May 23, 2012 at 07:51 AM by CSCfan »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Claudette Posted May 23, 2012 at 08:27 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 08:27 AM (edited) I'm also very sad about the Vegas thing. Guess all those rumours about the tour were rubbish. Ugh, they are putting Celine in a dang box. I'm just very confused about the English album now. If that article from yesterday was false, does that mean that the news about dropping the covers and recording new songs is also false? The fact that she already recorded 7 songs makes me a bit worried that they are still going for the covers. Or did I miss something? Also, is the news about her visit to France also false? So confused at the moment. Edited May 23, 2012 at 08:36 AM by Claudette http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Davey84 Posted May 23, 2012 at 08:38 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 08:38 AM I guess it's all a matter of time now Claudette... if it's all really coming this Fall, then we'll learn more about the albums and promotion soon. Maybe Céline wants to wait with touring untill the twins are at least 6 or something http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
duri Posted May 23, 2012 at 08:39 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 08:39 AM I'm also very sad about the Vegas thing. Guess all those rumours about the tour were rubbish. Ughn they are putting Celine in a dang box. I'm just very confused about the English album now. If that article from yesterday was false, does that mean that the news about dropping the covers and recording new songs is also false? The fact that she already recorded 7 songs makes me a bit worried that they are still going for the covers. Or did I miss something? Also, is the news about her visit to France also false? So confused at the moment. Yes I´m also thinking that some of those 7 songs could be covers and finally it could be "Vegas´s style" album ... recording new songs could be true, René confirmed most of french songs are recorded and about Céline in Paris could be true Céline promised in recent interview for TeleMagazine she will visit Paris this fall. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
J-Man Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:06 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:06 AM Releasing them back to back like that would make no sense. Hopefully it's not true. She won't know wether she's coming or going promotion wise. The French album will suffer if that was the case.And Vegas for "several years" ugh. I love going to Vegas and all, but I don't want her stuck out in the desert for the rest of the decade. http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
stevo Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:38 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:38 AM I don't mind Vegas now as it's only 70 shows a year. When the twins are a bt older she'll be out and about, don't worry. This is allvery good news. I'm loving Rene's comments about her voice (although obviously he'll say it's amazing)- but her voice is unique. I wonder will she have another go at X Factor UK this year
browseceline Posted May 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM I'm also very sad about the Vegas thing. Guess all those rumours about the tour were rubbish. Ugh, they are putting Celine in a dang box. I'm just very confused about the English album now. If that article from yesterday was false, does that mean that the news about dropping the covers and recording new songs is also false? The fact that she already recorded 7 songs makes me a bit worried that they are still going for the covers. Or did I miss something? Also, is the news about her visit to France also false? So confused at the moment. I am so sad about the stupid Vegas and the whole stabilty story; she does not have to work everytime because she has money enough. She can retire for months if she wants to. She can really focus on music instead of these liveshows with a neverending setlist of covers. I wonder when she will even tour again. I hate Vegas. <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted May 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM and to be honest, I may be a huge Celine Dion fan, but I am not that crazy to pay like a 1000 euros ( planeticket/hotel/concertticket) only to see her one night performing uninspiring songs I have heard a million times before. And Vegas is not my thing at all. <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM Posted May 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM I'm glad the English album is still scheduled to be released this year; the article that talked about a spring-2013 release meant probably the other English project she is preparing... I don't know, but they didn't give us so much info about the English album after all... they told us they abandoned the "covers" idea to make a brand-new album full of new songs, but then, the 2013 album has been cancelled? Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
celine-rc Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM Latest news about english album, 7 songs already recorded, will be out this year one month after french album. http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/05/2...nge-son-contrat Thank you for the article. They talked about it on Salut Bonjour ! this morning! Very exciting ! http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
artistman2007 Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Release 2 albums at the same time is really wierd how concentrate in english and french interviews singles it's pretty hard I think hope she gives each one what it deserves
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM I think it's going to be the first time that she releases two albums so close! There's always been at least a couple of months between her English and French recordings; U (1990) and DCP(1991), D (1995) and FIY (1996), LTAL (1997) and SSDA (1998), so it's going to be pretty interesting. 1F4T and OH were quite far between their release dates I think and the same for D'elles and TC in 2007. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Javito Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM So sad about the extended contract!! Soooo sad!! :cry: And "for several years"? Why don't René says directly that he wants Céline to retire there and say bye bye to her international career? Such a nosense all the Vegas thing since 2003! :doh: "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
manu23 Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM If they already have the song for the English album there is not point to wait until spring 2013, more if they are extending the Vegas contract and there is not going to be a tour. Albums released at the beginning of the year sell way less than those released in November, however it will be hard to debut at number one in USA. Regarding the promotion, I don't see any trouble, I don't think there'll be too much promo for the French album, just in Canada and France, and she can promote both when she visits Paris in October. The worst thing of getting the two albums now is than then we’ll have to wait a lot to get something new..
ryba Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM Im my opinion, releasing 2 albums in autumn is actually a very good strategy. Celine disappeared from the limelight for 5 long years and the release of 2 different albums, that will go along with new singles, will catch people's attention and make them aware of the fact that Celine is back again, and big time!!!
Edwin Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM Finally some real information. Fall isn't too far away Much sooner than some other dates people were speculating.
LcMason Posted May 23, 2012 at 01:03 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 01:03 PM Fall, eh? This is definitely a lot sooner than I had expected. Just be optimistic guys, this is new Céline!
duri Posted May 23, 2012 at 01:15 PM Posted May 23, 2012 at 01:15 PM . The worst thing of getting the two albums now is than then we’ll have to wait a lot to get something new..This is what I´m thinking of too, this year 2 albums and then long waiting for something new it could be again 5 years ... but I´m still not sure about this english album, i have a feeling that it finally will be album with covers of Vegas+some new songs I´m very curious about it. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Recommended Posts