Jump to content

Can Celine have a hit ballad again due to the success of Adele?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I love Celine and Adele.

I wouldn't mind hearing Celine singing "Someone like you"!

With reference to Celine having a hit, I think it's all down to the choice of singles.

I think only us fans really know the scope of Celine's talent because we listen to all the songs on all the CDs, but radio listeners or the general public only get to hear the poor single choices.

For example I think if a song like "Sorry for love" on the A New Day Has Come CD was released as a single it would have been a hit, and there are many more such songs.

A collaboration with David Guetta would be AWESOME, something like "When love takes over" that he did with Kelly Rowland.

Posted
I love Celine and Adele.

I wouldn't mind hearing Celine singing "Someone like you"!

With reference to Celine having a hit, I think it's all down to the choice of singles.

I think only us fans really know the scope of Celine's talent because we listen to all the songs on all the CDs, but radio listeners or the general public only get to hear the poor single choices.

For example I think if a song like "Sorry for love" on the A New Day Has Come CD was released as a single it would have been a hit, and there are many more such songs.

A collaboration with David Guetta would be AWESOME, something like "When love takes over" that he did with Kelly Rowland.

 

I agree with you! I think "Sorry for Love" would have been a good single choice; I've always liked that song. I also agree that the public only gets to hear one side of an artist when they just listen to their singles. A lot of artists out there, like Ke$ha, may have a lot of party songs as singles, but the rest of the world might not realize that there are ballads on their CDs as well that show off their vocal range more. If the public knew the breadth of talent that an artist has, and not just their single choices, I think they would appreciate those artists more.

Tommy
Posted

Can Celine have a HIT again? (Ballad or othewise)

 

Remember CHER and BELIEVE in 1998?

 

The biggest and most popular single of that year and one hell of a comeback for Cher.

 

So yes, Celine can still have a hit if she has the right song and the right direction.

Posted
I'm sorry but I really don't care for Adel. Her voice is too rough!
The greatest voice ever! ♥
Posted
Yes, she CAN. All she needs is the right song at the right time. If Cher could, Celine can too, also Madonna had her comeback with Ray of Light and she was 40 something

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...