Ronny83 Posted July 4, 2005 at 09:57 PM Posted July 4, 2005 at 09:57 PM None of those. I never heard about them. I remember there was a band too but not really the kind of music I like<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Les Trois Accords, but they were totally unknown to me. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
VinnyT. Posted July 4, 2005 at 11:13 PM Posted July 4, 2005 at 11:13 PM yeah those poor guys needed to introduced themselvs! "we are...this is our song.." Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
VanMerlin Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:32 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:32 PM Yeah once again the candian concert really sucked,full of unknown singers!who cares if they are famous in Canada! and they had a very bad tracklist.Celine wasnt in the right place!Most of candians love her who cares about those stupid who did boo,just stupid people like u can find everywhere, and I cant respect people like this,coz they dont respect artists who give their contribute to a good cause!NO EXSCUSE for the ones who did it ,just SHAME ON THEM and TO THE ONE who support them! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Please don't be disrespectful. You're being just as disrespectful as the people who booed. They had their reasons and they are not stupid. They were a little rude, yes, but let's not be mean, alright? You're missing the point of the entire day, just like the crowd did when they booed so please stop with the insults. If you didn't like the list of performers, those people came out and worked very hard to do Live 8 and also don't deserve you're insults. They weren't there to entertain just you but to bring awareness. If you didn't like them, okay, but don't put Celine on a pedestal above them or say she's too good to be among them. The other performers there have nothing to do with Celine's audience reaction, so please don't insult them. They did their best. Quote
CSCfan Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:35 PM Author Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:35 PM Ahem.... Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
VanMerlin Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:43 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:43 PM Is that from the London papers, CSCFan? They're notoriously false when it comes to celebrity gossip. I wouldn't believe half of it!! Quote
Ronny83 Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:44 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:44 PM If you didn't like them, okay, but don't put Celine on a pedestal above them or say she's too good to be among them.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I do put Celine on a pedestal above them and say she's too good to be among them. And so? It's just my opinion, I don't think you can tell us what we should think/say about it. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
VanMerlin Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:58 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 03:58 PM If you want to believe that one person is better than another, okay. I'm simply trying to inspire a sense of compassion and equality. Personally, I don't think Celine is any better than the homeless person on the street or the person dying of AIDS in Africa. But if you want to believe she's better than anyone, that's up to you. Is she better than you? Quote
CSCfan Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:03 PM Author Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:03 PM Is that from the London papers, CSCFan? They're notoriously false when it comes to celebrity gossip. I wouldn't believe half of it!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yes....and it's not [from] a tabloid.. 12,000 dollar gift bag for A-list2,000 dollar gift bag for B-list Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Ronny83 Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:03 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:03 PM If you want to believe that one person is better than another, okay. I'm simply trying to inspire a sense of compassion and equality. Personally, I don't think Celine is any better than the homeless person on the street or the person dying of AIDS in Africa. But if you want to believe she's better than anyone, that's up to you. Is she better than you? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> That's very funny. We were talking about music artists, and not about homeless or people dying... BTW, I won't reply to this topic anymore. It has gone too far. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
VanMerlin Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:10 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:10 PM (edited) That's exactly what the entire day was about. That's the point. Of course, musically speaking, Celine isn't too good to sing with an amatuer country band in an Alberta bar. I wonder why there is such an heirarchy in the world. It's a peculiar thing, isn't it? Hmm...maybe that's why things like this happen in the first place. Thanks, Ronny, for giving me some contemplation. This topic is dead (no one wants to play with me...I'd love to see where it goes) but I've gotten so much out of it. Thanks folks, for all the deep brain inspiration. Bellamy, maybe it's time to nix the thread. The people are getting tired. Edited July 5, 2005 at 04:12 PM by VanMerlin Quote
Bellamy Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:14 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:14 PM yes, this topic shouldn't go this far. and please don't just post to PLAY. or posts will be deleted or topic will be closed. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Belle Céline Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:19 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:19 PM if ppl would quit whining it wouldnt have gone this far. Quote “There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png
CSCfan Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:21 PM Author Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:21 PM Yeah....let's just talk about Celine's fantastic performance! It made me long for Vegas again.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
VinnyT. Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:43 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 04:43 PM Please don't be disrespectful. You're being just as disrespectful as the people who booed. They had their reasons and they are not stupid. They were a little rude, yes, but let's not be mean, alright? You're missing the point of the entire day, just like the crowd did when they booed so please stop with the insults. If you didn't like the list of performers, those people came out and worked very hard to do Live 8 and also don't deserve you're insults. They weren't there to entertain just you but to bring awareness. If you didn't like them, okay, but don't put Celine on a pedestal above them or say she's too good to be among them. The other performers there have nothing to do with Celine's audience reaction, so please don't insult them. They did their best.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't think I have been disrespectful.And I don't want you to compare me to those people.I can't see why you want to take it so personally.It was just my opinion.And I criticised the audience,expressing my own opinion.For me they had no reasons to boo Céline,you think they had.Just different points of view.I didn't mean to provoke or insult no one.Once again:I was just expressing my opinion to what happened.What do you mean with "no one wants to play with me"?I don't understand what's your aim. I hope all this will end.I'm getting tired.And, as CSCfan said,let's just talk about Celine's fantastic performance! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
VanMerlin Posted July 5, 2005 at 07:27 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 07:27 PM Okay, I hope you all don't mind. I'll just answer Vinny and then I'll be out, but he asked a question so I think I should answer it, to be fair. I apologize to the rest of you. Vinny, you were (in my opinion) disrespectful when you called them 'stupid'. That is an unfair judgement. That's all I was saying. Stupidity had nothing to do with it. I'm all for you saying they were wrong, but to then say they're stupid because of it is a 'judgement'. They booed Celine from they're belief that she should have been there, then we all boo the audience for our belief that they were rude, and we're really all being the same. Funny how that works, isn't it? I don't agree with the audience, Vinny, I just think they're entitled to being respected for their opinion without us judging them. I'm not taking it personally, I just want everyone to be fair. Let me put it this way...I can say you're wrong...that's my opinion and that's okay (just as an example). BUT, if I were to say you were stupid, that's a false judgement on my part and I would most certainly be wrong. The comment, "no one wants to play with me" is pertaining to the fact that this thread is slowly dwindling, and it could go so many places, but it's dying and I'm saddened by the fact that we could go on talking about all the various facets of this situation, but no one will. I could explore this situation and the many things that come from it forever...my mind thrives on this kind of stimulation, and I've learned very much from this thread. There's so much to explore!!! But everyone, as you can see, just wants to go back to talking about the miserable performance, which is quite fair. So, therefore, no one wants to play with me. You thought I was interested in making trouble, didn't ya'? he he he Can I just say, though, how impressed I've been with this board? Good on ya' folks. ALL of you. Quote
Mozinha Posted July 5, 2005 at 07:56 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 07:56 PM Still talking about this?Omg... I bet even René got over this... LOL Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
tativale Posted July 5, 2005 at 10:40 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 10:40 PM I guess it's time to close this topic.......please.... Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
Koolan Posted July 5, 2005 at 11:07 PM Posted July 5, 2005 at 11:07 PM Let's get back to discussing the speech/performance, not about why this and that, coulda woulda, shoulda... We've heard enough. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Mozinha Posted July 6, 2005 at 12:24 AM Posted July 6, 2005 at 12:24 AM Let's get back to discussing the speech/performance, not about why this and that, coulda woulda, shoulda... We've heard enough. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>coulda woulda, shoulda Her speech was really good, very emotional!!!! I love that soft way she talks, so cute! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Bellamy Posted July 6, 2005 at 07:30 AM Posted July 6, 2005 at 07:30 AM Live 8 organizer defends Celine DionLast Updated Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:35:06 EDTCBC Arts Canadian Live 8 organizer Michael Cohl has come to the defence of songstress Celine Dion, whose appearance was booed on Saturday. Dion did not perform live at the Canadian edition of Live 8 in Barrie, Ont. Instead, she taped a segment at her Las Vegas show earlier in the day. The tape was then shown to the crowd in Barrie, which reacted by booing the Quebec singer. Cohl said he's not sure Dion is aware of what happened. "I think everybody who gives, in whatever way they give, should be applauded," he said in an interview with the Canadian Press. "And that includes her. She's one incredibly successful Canadian star. She's locked into a situation in Las Vegas that prevented her from being in two places at once." Some of the 35,000 people who attended the Barrie concert said they were disappointed that Dion did not show up in person, taking it as a sign of insincerity. Known for songs like The Power of Love and My Heart Will Go On, Dion is currently playing an extended engagement at the Caesars Palace casino complex in Las Vegas. Comedian Dan Aykroyd, who helped to host the event, chided the crowd on Saturday for jeering. "No, no, no ... Be proud of Celine Dion. She's here to help and entertain us. She's working hard, hard, hard," the Ghostbusters star said. Cohl said he was "disappointed" by the reaction. "But it's a free country," he added. "I appreciate what she did and I respect her for it." Live 8 is a series of concerts that was staged around the world on Saturday. The aim of the event was to put pressure on the leaders of the G-8 nations – who are meeting in Scotland starting Wednesday – to modify their Africa policies so poverty can be ended on that continent. Cohl, a concert promoter known for working with the Rolling Stones, served as the public face of Live 8 in Canada. He said he should know by the end of the week if the free concert achieved its financial goal of breaking even. "Overall, I think we're going to be fine ... TV did well, the sponsorships did well, the food did well. I don't know what the merchandise number was but I saw a lot of people in [Live 8] T-shirts, so I'm hopeful." He said that one of the highlights of the concert was the so-called "snap moment" – when all the concertgoers at all the venues clicked their fingers in unison every three seconds, signifying how often a child dies of extreme poverty. "The click moment was brilliant, I thought," he said. "I wasn't sure how it was really going to work ... all the producers worldwide knew it was coming."Source: http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005...dion050705.html I think he said very well. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
tativale Posted July 6, 2005 at 11:34 AM Posted July 6, 2005 at 11:34 AM Me too! I'm glad that there are people there like thaht guy that can defend Celine. I wonder what she and Rene will say to him so cute! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
tativale Posted July 6, 2005 at 04:35 PM Posted July 6, 2005 at 04:35 PM Rene reactsCaesars Palace headliner Celine Dion, who rarely gets in a public relations pickle, may have some fences to mend after being booed by the Live 8 crowd in Barrie, Ont. "While some may have been simply booing Ms. Dion because they don't happen to like her, I got the distinct impression that the booing was because of the 'live via satellite' nature of her performance," wrote M. Thomson of the Globe and Mail. "Acts such as Bryan Adams, Deep Purple, Tom Cochrane and Simple Plan made extraordinary efforts to fit Live 8 into their schedules and appear at the concert. If Ms. Dion couldn't be bothered to do the same, Live 8's Canadian organizers should have given her a pass." Booing continued until Dan Akroyd of "Saturday Night Live" fame had to ask the boobirds to settle down. "We did the right thing. She did what she was asked. They asked her to participate and she did participate," Rene Angelil, Dion's husband and manager, said by telephone Tuesday. "The 10,000 young people are forgetting that millions more around the world got to see her. There is no way we could have gone." Dion, who performed Friday night at Caesars Palace, returned to The Colosseum at noon to sing "Love Can Move Mountains" for Live 8 at 1 p.m. Saturday.Source http://www.reviewjournal.com/ (thanks Nance) Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
Mozinha Posted July 6, 2005 at 10:34 PM Posted July 6, 2005 at 10:34 PM That's my René!!!!!!!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Ronny83 Posted July 8, 2005 at 12:47 PM Posted July 8, 2005 at 12:47 PM BREAKING NEWS: Due to the newsworthy momentum of the concerts, VH1 and MTV will air ten hours of commercial free coverage of Live 8 performances on Saturday, July 9th. Right now, this is what we know: 1. 10am to 3pm coverage on VH1 2. 3pm to 8pm coverage on MTV 3. Full sets, with performances not yet seen on network television We expect more specifics tomorrow.Source: HITS Daily Double Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
CSCfan Posted July 8, 2005 at 12:48 PM Author Posted July 8, 2005 at 12:48 PM Cool! Hope they'll also show the Edinburgh one.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
SandraC Posted July 8, 2005 at 01:13 PM Posted July 8, 2005 at 01:13 PM wheres the link for the video download? Quote
Bellamy Posted July 8, 2005 at 02:27 PM Posted July 8, 2005 at 02:27 PM wheres the link for the video download?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>in our multimedia section on bottom of our forum. hope you'll participate in our forum. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
nano Posted July 8, 2005 at 04:57 PM Posted July 8, 2005 at 04:57 PM Rene, you said it Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Bellamy Posted September 6, 2005 at 06:07 PM Posted September 6, 2005 at 06:07 PM I got the official DVD tracklist today. Celine is not in the DVD. Tracklisting DISC 1 Paul McCartney & U2 – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band U2 – Beautiful Day U2 – Vertigo U2 – One Coldplay – In My Place Coldplay with Richard Ashcroft – Bittersweet Symphony Coldplay – Fix You Elton John – The *CENSORED* Is Back Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting Elton John with Pete Doherty – Children Of The Revolution Dido & Youssou N’Dour – 7 Seconds Stereophonics – Bartender And The Thief REM – Everybody Hurts REM – Man On The Moon Ms Dynamite – Dy-Na-Mi-Tee Keane – Somewhere Only We Know Black Eyed Peas – Where Is The Love Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started Black Eyed Peas with Stephen Marley – Get Up Stand Up Duran Duran – Wild Boys ( Rome) Bob Geldof – I Don’t Like Mondays Muse – Time Is Running Out ( Paris) Travis – Sing Kaiser Chiefs – I Predict A Riot Kaiser Chiefs – Everyday I Love You Less And Less UB40 with Hunterz & The Dohl Blasters – Reasons UB40 – Red Red Wine Green Day – American Idiot ( Berlin) Snoop Dogg – Signs Snoop Dogg – Who Am I (What’s My Name)? Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer Annie Lennox – Why Annie Lennox – Sweet Dreams DISC 2 Destiny’s Child – Survivor Destiny’s Child – Girl Razorlight – Somewhere Else Razorlight – Golden Touch Bryan Adams – All For Love Kanye West – Diamonds From Sierra Leone CBC Ethiopian Famine Film Madonna – Like A Prayer Madonna – Ray Of Light Madonna – Music Will Smith – Getting’ Jiggy Wit It Will Smith – Switch Will Smith – The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Brian Wilson – Good Vibrations ( Berlin) Snow Patrol – Run Toby Keith – Stays In Mexico The Killers – All These Things That I’ve Done Dave Matthews Band – American Baby Daniel Powter – Bad Day Linkin Park – In The End Linkin Park with Jay-Z – Numb Joss Stone – Super Duper Love Joss Stone – Some Kind Of Wonderful Jars Of Clay – Show You Love Scissor Sisters – Laura Scissor Sisters – Take Your Mama Alicia Keys – For All We Know Velvet Revolver – Fall To Pieces Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl? Sarah McLachlan & Josh Groban – Angel Sting – Message In A Bottle Sting – Driven To Tears Sting – Every Breath You Take DISC 3 Mariah Carey – Make It Happen Mariah Carey – Hero Vusi Mahlasela – When You Come Back ( Johannesburg) Roxy Music – Do The Strand ( Berlin) Maroon 5 – This Love Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved Neil Young – Four Strong Winds ( Toronto) Pet Shop Boys – Go West ( Moscow) Robbie Williams – We Will Rock You Robbie Williams – Let Me Entertain You Robbie Williams – Feel Robbie Williams – Angels Keith Urban – Somebody Like You Placebo – Twenty Years ( Paris) Rob Thomas – Lonely No More Faithless – We Come 1 ( Berlin) Stevie Wonder – Master Blaster (Jammin’) Stevie Wonder & Rob Thomas – Higher Ground Stevie Wonder & Adam Levine – Signed Sealed Delivered Stevie Wonder – So What The Fuss/Superstition The Who – Who Are You? The Who – Won’t Get Fooled Again Pink Floyd – Speak To Me Pink Floyd – Breathe Pink Floyd – Money Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here Pink Floyd – Comfortably Numb Paul McCartney – Get Back Paul McCartney & George Michael – Drive My Car Paul McCartney – Helter Skelter Paul McCartney – The Long And Winding Road Finale – Hey Jude Extras (Disc 4) Edinburgh – The Final Push Highlights from the Murrayfield concert held on 6 July McFly – All About You ( Tokyo) Good Charlotte – Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous ( Tokyo) Dreams Come True – Love Love Love ( Tokyo) Bjork – All Is Full Of Love ( Tokyo) The Who - ‘Who Are You?’ film Travis - ‘Why Does It Always Rain On Me?’ film Ricky Gervais – Enjoy The Day Behind The Scenes At Hyde Park Pink Floyd rehearsalbut they said "Additional bonus international performances may be added". Hope they'll add Celine's performance later, although I highly doubt it. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
fred Posted September 6, 2005 at 07:48 PM Posted September 6, 2005 at 07:48 PM Alicia Keys - For All We Know - is this the classic jazz track?!?!?! 'for all we know this may only be a dream, we come and we go like a ripple on a stream...'??? /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.