Bellamy Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:20 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:20 AM Oh man.... people sometimes can be so stupid!!!!I'm not stupid ....I am just sayin she could have postponed the show a day if she really wanted to....sorry for being stupid...geez it was just a comment.... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no, she can't do that, even she really really wanted to. what if you come from 10000 miles away to see her, and know she postphone your show cause she need to join another show in Canada, and maybe you won't have time and money to see her anymore? there were 4100 people waiting for her. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
TrueNorth Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:20 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:20 AM Fellow Celine Fans I sent the whole video to Alfonso of www.celinemaniacs.com. You should be able to see it there Sunday July 3, 2005. I live in Toronto and I was embarassed by the booing as well. I think the Fans in Barry wanted a live show not a tape and they also seemed to want Rock not POP type performances. There is also some resentment and envy of Celine in Canada for spending so much time in Las Vegas and making the kind of money she makes. It is sad but many pepole are small minded. Dan Aykroyd tried very hard to support Celine while Tom Green didn't. Anyway I hope no one tells Celine about it. Best regards. --- Hal Quote
Celine's Wife Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:43 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:43 AM Ahhh... I need to seee this thing!! Quote Beautiful Sin - My Elizabeth Perkins Website! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/cathydion2/cdfsig.jpg We might kiss when we are alone... When nobody's watching... We might take it home... We might make out... When nobody's there... It's not that we're scared... It's just that it's delicate... We might live like never before... When there's nothing to give... Well how can we ask for more... We might make love in some sacred place... The look on your face is delicate
Koolan Posted July 3, 2005 at 05:02 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 05:02 AM I just watched this for the first time. The performance was exceptional, loved those high notes she hit especially the last one. This one was clearly better than the World Music Awards version. She had so much fun with this song, it was great to see the choreography. Tom Greene sucks Celine looked great with the ponytail, cute. MTV did such a lousy job, they could've aired more acts instead of repeatedly highlighting Madonna's performances. Video available in the Celine Multimedia section now DVD version coming soon. http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/live801.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/live802.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/live803.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/live804.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/live805.jpg Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Mozinha Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:12 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:12 AM I just watched this for the first time. The performance was exceptional, loved those high notes she hit especially the last one. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was amazing,I was going crazy here everytime she hit the notes, GREAT PERFORMANCE. I really loved it!!!!!!!!!!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Celcool Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:14 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:14 AM There is also some resentment and envy of Celine in Canada for spending so much time in Las Vegas and making the kind of money she makes. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's not like this only in Canada. Sadly. Our comentator of the event said that some people who don't belong here and have nothing to do with the show perform- right after Celine finished her song. I can see what she meant though, every performer could stay at home and sing in their living room via satellite. Oh I'm gonna get so much hate now. It's not my opinion though It's what my sister said to me. I know that we don't know Celine's reasons for not coming to Canada, maybe we should know those before we make accusations. About her singing, I don't like her doing those squealing sounds. I like the finish though! She was cool. Quote
Mozinha Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:51 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:51 AM Well, it's the last time I make a comment on whether Céline should have gone or not.Obviously she couldn't go because of schedule, think of the 4100 people who spent their money and maybe travelled from so far to see her. These tickets were for sale about 3 months ago so... no way she could have come 2 or 3 weeks ago and cancel it. What a disappointment for the fans who travel from so far to see Céline. And God knows what more she had to do yesterday that kept her behind. And just because Céline is a celebrity, do we have the right to speculate about her life like that? Can't she do the things she wants on the time she wants without being criticised? We have no right to say "She should have done this or that" when we don't even know her reasons and we have NOTHING to do with her life. Come on guys, shouldn't we support Céline? I'm so disappointed to see some fans reacting like this...No matter what reason Celine had, I'm with her. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Teodora Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:55 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 08:55 AM Ya the high notes were great, like i haven't heard her doing that in a while . And i simply adore the way she dances Quote
Bellamy Posted July 3, 2005 at 09:05 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 09:05 AM Added DVD version in our "Celine Multimedia" section on forum. VCD version moved to our website for everyone to download.http://www.celinechannel.com/ -> "Free Download" -> "Video" and the mp3 added in our website too. http://www.celinechannel.com/ -> "Free Download" -> "Audio" Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Adeline Posted July 3, 2005 at 09:23 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 09:23 AM Well, it's the last time I make a comment on whether Céline should have gone or not.Obviously she couldn't go because of schedule, think of the 4100 people who spent their money and maybe travelled from so far to see her. These tickets were for sale about 3 months ago so... no way she could have come 2 or 3 weeks ago and cancel it. What a disappointment for the fans who travel from so far to see Céline. And God knows what more she had to do yesterday that kept her behind. And just because Céline is a celebrity, do we have the right to speculate about her life like that? Can't she do the things she wants on the time she wants without being criticised? We have no right to say "She should have done this or that" when we don't even know her reasons and we have NOTHING to do with her life. Come on guys, shouldn't we support Céline? I'm so disappointed to see some fans reacting like this...No matter what reason Celine had, I'm with her.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I agree completely with you. Quote Taking Chances Tournée : 19, 20, 21, 25 et 27 mai à Bercy5 juillet à Nice7 juillet à Arras9 juillet à Genève12 Août à Boston19 Août à Montréal23 Août à Montréal12 Fevrier 09 à Montréal14 Février 09 à Montréal15 Février 09 à Montréal
one_heart_1_hart Posted July 3, 2005 at 11:01 AM Posted July 3, 2005 at 11:01 AM Can't download the dvd version topic is closed?? Quote TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras
nano Posted July 3, 2005 at 01:40 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 01:40 PM and Celine's speech is more emotional than anyone else I've seen on the concert. most of them just come and sing, nothing else.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah...she really talked from her heart:wub: ...and what becomes to the performance....she knocked me out the high notes woow...she looked so energetic and happy and the ponytail was so cute Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Fanny! Posted July 3, 2005 at 01:45 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 01:45 PM Am I the only one who doesn't like those high notes ? LOL. I really find that horrible sometimes. But I liked this performance, she went crazy as usual and made me want to danceeeeeeeeeee Quote LasVegas2011 by The Red Heads Official Program now available! http://i29.tinypic.com/311km1d.jpg THE RED HEADS
Mozinha Posted July 3, 2005 at 01:57 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 01:57 PM and Celine's speech is more emotional than anyone else I've seen on the concert. most of them just come and sing, nothing else.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah...she really talked from her heart:wub: ...and what becomes to the performance....she knocked me out the high notes woow...she looked so energetic and happy and the ponytail was so cute <{POST_SNAPBACK}>She really looked like a little girl jumping around and having all that fun. And one word for those extremely high and difficult notes: AMAZING. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
VanMerlin Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:12 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:12 PM HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Come on... of course it was impossible for her to fly from Vegas to Toronto to performance LIVE over there. The flight from Vegas to Toronto lastes 3h and 30min something like that, plus the city where that concert was held, is 99km form Toronto, so she probably would have to fly a bit more... so let's put 3h 30min in a plane + 20 -30 in something (car or helic.) then she gets there tired because let's face it's more 3h , as you know.. which makes we feel like a 7hs flight...lol so she would get there tired and late. Let's pretend she leaves Vegas about 8am she would get in Toronto like almost 1pm o clock. Until she get to the stadium it would be 2-2:30pm. Them she sings at 3pm them run against time, leaves the stadium at 4pm them gets to the airport at 4:30pm them she takes the plane , goes back to Vegas at 5pm. them more almost 4 hours flight them she arrives in Vegas around 6pm Vegas times. How can she be in top shape for the show?????? That's IMPOSSIBLE!!! Oh man.... people sometimes can be so stupid!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> OR, she could have gotten on a plane after the show the night before, slept on the plane, had a good sleep in Barrie, been one of the openers for the Barrie show, gotten on her plane, returned to Vegas, and had more than enough time for a workout and a nap before her Vegas show. She didn't have to be on at 3. And for that matter, did she have to give us a pre-recorded show? She could have at least gone to the Vegas stage for a special performance. Devil's advocate again...don't mind me folks. Oh, and I don't think Canada has much resentment of Celine, either for Vegas or for her money. I think they would resent someone with her kind of resources not even showing up when half of the other acts were all double booked and working their butts off just to be there. There was one act that had just gotten in from Belguim! And let's not forget that the crowd in Barrie wasn't just Canadians. A lot of foreigners scooped up those tickets too, so it wasn't entirely Canadian booing. Quote
Mozinha Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:23 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:23 PM I don't understand what's all this fuss. Honestly, that's just a concert, that's just a song. Let's me honest here, I bet a lot of performers there don't even care about the world poverty, they just wanna promote themselves in a worldwide show. Some did not even say a word about poverty. Céline's speech was so great, did she need to fly all night to make people believe she means it? Céline going there was not going to change the world, was not going to end poverty and stop children from dying. The same message she sent to people she sent from Vegas. Why is it never enough? Why would she do all this travelling for one song? Why not the video? Again, do we know why she didn't go? Do we know what she was doing yesterday? nope, we don't. So we can't talk about her life, it's none of your business. I don't understand why such a fuss for nothing. It was just a song.All for those who booed... I bet Celine didn't even care ah ah ah Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Mozinha Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:27 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:27 PM And if I could advise Céline and René now, I'd tell them to, next time, don't waste their time with people who do not deserve their attention. She should have recorded and aired her tape in other city. I bet no one would boo her in Paris or Rome. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
nano Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:30 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:30 PM Oh..Could we just stop talking about this ...She wasn't in Toronto..She was in Las Vegas and there's nothing we can do about it...We could find thousands of reasons of WHY she was in LV instead of being in Toronto...but it doesn't change the fact she WASN'T there or sang live via satellite from LV There's so many opinions as there are persons...so this is not going anywhere...Endless Topic Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Mozinha Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:35 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:35 PM I agree. It's too much fuss for nothing. It's over. Céline did great on her show, fantastic song, fantastic performance, I love when she sings like that and dances like that and that pony tail makes her look like a little girl. omg... how much I miss Vegas. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
nano Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:37 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:37 PM And if I could advise Céline and René now, I'd tell them to, next time, don't waste their time with people who do not deserve their attention. She should have recorded and aired her tape in other city. I bet no one would boo her in Paris or Rome.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I agree with you...in Rome was Faith Hill and Laura Pausini (if I remember right) and the audience loved them...so I'm SURE that they would love to see Celine..Even it's was via satellite or in Paris..the same thing... Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
VanMerlin Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:37 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:37 PM Oh..Could we just stop talking about this ...She wasn't in Toronto..She was in Las Vegas and there's nothing we can do about it...We could find thousands of reasons of WHY she was in LV instead of being in Toronto...but it doesn't change the fact she WASN'T there or sang live via satellite from LV There's so many opinions as there are persons...so this is not going anywhere...Endless Topic <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I know, but it's fun isn't it? All this fuss over something so pointless. I'm loving the human element here...the nitpicking, the discussion, the 'you booed my princess so I'll slap you' type thing about something that was supposed to inspire universal brotherhood. It's so very...human. It's given me a great few laughs. i'll be sad to see it end. Quote
CSCfan Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:52 PM Author Posted July 3, 2005 at 02:52 PM Then you'll probably be the only one.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
LD1977 Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:09 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:09 PM Uhm, I am one of the (FEW) people that does not like the high notes... I have to admit that LCMM isn't a favourite song of me, so I am a bit prejudiced, but I can live with it when she SINGS the song instead of screaming all the time. As far as I am concerned, I have seen much better versions of this song. At the American Music Awards she started the screaming thing just a little and I was thinking: what is she doing???? But here it was too much... I did not like it... It could have been so much better, I think she did not do justice to her voice with millions of people watching her... Quote http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/im_06.jpgRemember the name, because you will never forget the voice... CÉLINE DION!Anvers - May 13, 14 & 16Paris - May 24 & 25Amsterdam - June 2
nano Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:18 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:18 PM (edited) Uhm, I am one of the (FEW) people that does not like the high notes... I have to admit that LCMM isn't a favourite song of me, so I am a bit prejudiced, but I can live with it when she SINGS the song instead of screaming all the time. As far as I am concerned, I have seen much better versions of this song. At the American Music Awards she started the screaming thing just a little and I was thinking: what is she doing???? But here it was too much... I did not like it... It could have been so much better, I think she did not do justice to her voice with millions of people watching her... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I believe she does these high notes when she gets exited and when she's having a great time It's like me when I get exited from Celine...I go nuts Lot's of "screaming the high notes...well okay..not so high notes LOL..dancing and jumping around..just having a great time It's always fun to hear this song (live versions) because they are all different I just listen and wonder what she's going to do next ...Go Celine And I understand clearly why some people don't like her high notes...and that's fine to me.. Edited July 3, 2005 at 03:19 PM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
VinnyT. Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:37 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:37 PM And if I could advise Céline and René now, I'd tell them to, next time, don't waste their time with people who do not deserve their attention. She should have recorded and aired her tape in other city. I bet no one would boo her in Paris or Rome.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I agree with you...in Rome was Faith Hill and Laura Pausini (if I remember right) and the audience loved them...so I'm SURE that they would love to see Celine..Even it's was via satellite or in Paris..the same thing... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah Rome would have been great,Laura is italian,for sure we love her(not anyone)but we had faith hill,she is almost unknown here,we also dont have country music,italian audience was not so warm to her no big applause etc etc but at least we respected her she was there for a good cause!but Barrie?who knows this little town?Never heard before!...a very wrong concert to appear on!maybe Celine thought her performance was important to offer even if she couldnt be there,but it hasnt been so!for example:where were Shania,Avril,Paul Anka,Michael Buble,Alanis Morrisette,Garou or other successful french-candian singers?Even Sarah McLachlahn chose to be in the USA!rather than Barrie(good choice!)It didnt seem a concert full of different types of music(I noticed a lack of pop music,in particular).BTW I do agree with each single word Mozinha wrote! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Belle Céline Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:58 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 03:58 PM Uhm, I am one of the (FEW) people that does not like the high notes... I have to admit that LCMM isn't a favourite song of me, so I am a bit prejudiced, but I can live with it when she SINGS the song instead of screaming all the time. As far as I am concerned, I have seen much better versions of this song. At the American Music Awards she started the screaming thing just a little and I was thinking: what is she doing???? But here it was too much... I did not like it... It could have been so much better, I think she did not do justice to her voice with millions of people watching her... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree its not my favorie song either and I agree with the would rather hear it then screaming and I forget who but someone said we have seen LCMM from LV before and they are right we have its getting boring she need a song more suited for Live8 like AND or Faith or something.... Quote “There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png
Mozinha Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:28 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:28 PM I believe she does these high notes when she gets exited and when she's having a great time It's like me when I get exited from Celine...I go nuts Lot's of "screaming the high notes...well okay..not so high notes LOL..dancing and jumping around..just having a great time It's always fun to hear this song (live versions) because they are all different I just listen and wonder what she's going to do next ...Go Celine And I understand clearly why some people don't like her high notes...and that's fine to me.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>LOL for me it's a delight. When she did that in Vegas when I was there I was going crazy, I was screaming at every high note OMG I misssssssssssss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to go home and dowload the video and watch it over and over and over againnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
nano Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:35 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 04:35 PM Can't wait to go home and dowload the video and watch it over and over and over againnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! I've watched the video 20+ times..and every time it makes me laugh and dance Celine Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
VinnyT. Posted July 3, 2005 at 05:30 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 05:30 PM Voices: Changing the world We asked for your view of the Live 8 concert in Barrie. Here’s what you have to say. Disappointing to say the least. The venue was too small and the lineup was unenthusiastic compared to the other concerts. It wasn't encouraging to see a CTV reporter giving away a book of tickets, minutes before the show began at Park Place. Colin Chiu, Richmond Hill, July 2 [...] I enjoyed Bryan Adams the most, but I thought Deep Purple sure rocked for old-timers. I was embarrassed that the audience booed Celine Dion - especially as millions of people were watching on TV and the Internet. This is a free event for a cause and respect should be given to all the artists who gave their time and participated. Sue Watson, Toronto, July 2 [...]Source: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...72154&t=TS_Home Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
tativale Posted July 3, 2005 at 05:31 PM Posted July 3, 2005 at 05:31 PM (edited) This topic went to far.. I guess. Many people look like little children that cannot understand the fact that Celine has those shows to do in Vegas, she respects every single person who goes there to see her show, especially her fans. She even said that on Larry King live last year, that she feels bad when she has to cancel a show. I guess she has sacrificed herself a lot to make all our wishes, like having a long hair - she said that in a interview, which I think is not a great idea.. anyway - she helps many charities that we don't know... - she even has a foundation, Celine Dion Foundation, she helps people at her hometown, Charlemagne, she and Rene give them food, especially at Xmas times - I bet most of you don't know about it... - she NEVER uses charity to promote herself. On the contrary, she helps people in silence, without making it even public. She was very brave in 2001, flying to NY to sing God Bless America - after those attacks - I would really know who would have the courage to do that - I personaly wouldn't - Anyway.. if you all want to keep going with this subejct just GO. I'm OUT. I'm fed up of people discuting such small things and saying things that they don't know, judging Celine like she was a "criminal", or just because the fact she has la lot of money - she worked A LOT for that and I guess she deserves all that - I'm sying tht because I read an article and a person said that - so... I'm not in the mood to talk about such small things. She helps people we don't know. I think she does her job pretty good. She helped people from Asian giving a show especially for this and I wanna know who also did that in showbusiness - BTW they are still collecting money there is a box at her store - so I think we don't have the right to say those thins about her. Just my 5 cents about it. And Amanda - I never said you were stupid, - why you take everything I say so personaly to you??????????? - Thank you so much.Tatiana Edited July 3, 2005 at 05:40 PM by tativale Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.