Jump to content

Celine at Live 8 Concert, LCMM live by satellite


Recommended Posts

Posted

we fans might be convinced Celine was not the one being booed but still the whole world will know it even those who didn't see her performance... look at this.... :down: oohhhh too bad:

 

Youthful energy a Live 8 standout amid vets like Cockburn, Adams ANGELA PACIENZA AND TARA BRAUTIGAM

32 minutes ago

 

BARRIE, Ont. (CP) - Veteran rockers Bryan Adams, Tom Cochrane, Bruce Cockburn and Randy Bachman pulled out their catalogue of crowd-pleasing hits. Montreal punk band Simple Plan exploded with youthful exuberance, spraying the audience with water and sprinting up and down the stage.

 

ADVERTISEMENT

 

Some 35,000 screaming concertgoers ate it up Saturday as they took in the worldwide music bonanza known as Live 8.

 

"Today we are part of the biggest rock concert in history," Adams told the cheering spectators gathered at Park Place, about an hour's drive north of Toronto.

 

"We're seeing people power. I believe in that."

 

He finished his set with a snippet of Tears Are Not Enough, a song Canadian artists recorded some 20 years ago to raise money for African famine relief.

 

Saturday's show was one of nine held simultaneously around the world to pressure leaders of the wealthy G8 nations to increase aid to Africa when they meet in Scotland this week.

 

Hosted by comedians Dan Aykroyd and Tom Green, the Barrie gig had been criticized for a talent lineup that some deemed "over the hill."

 

But Simple Plan lead singer Pierre Bouvier seemed to make it his mission to singlehandedly change that perception. The band's performance got one of the biggest responses of the day.

 

He also reminded Live 8 revellers they had gathered for a reason.

 

"Please remember this day is more than just a concert," Bouvier told the crowd, which appeared to be made up mostly of young people. "Don't forget about it tomorrow. Help out people who are in need."

 

By contrast, Celine Dion - who performed by satellite hookup from Las Vegas - elicited boos from the audience in Barrie.

Many artists on the bill - like Deep Purple and Adams - were whisked off to other gigs moments after they left the stage.

 

Roughly 35,000 free tickets were distributed, but by mid-afternoon, organizers estimated the crowd at only about 24,000.

Source: Yahoo! News

Posted
I saw her performance too, but only half. This woman was talking during her performance! :angry2:
Posted
we fans might be convinced Celine was not the one being booed but still the whole world will know it even those who didn't see her performance... look at this....  :down: oohhhh too bad:

I think the audience booed to the pretty boring Canadian show instead of to Celine personally. they almost watched big screen for whole concert. I fell asleep when watching it. they must think why big screen again when Celine come out. :ermm:

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
I watched it. I freaked out when I saw her! LOL I don't like the fact that she didn't come on stage in Canada and sang live there. It's certainly not the same. She could do this, it's for a good cause, everybody did it except her. As much as I love her I can't help but think she (or Rene) is doing this only for promotion, she never shows up anywhere around the world to sing, it's always via satellite, to show the colloseum, promote her show. I don't like it one bit. U2 also had a concert in Vienna in the evening and they showed up in London anyway. Celine could also do this, fly back to Vegas when she finished performing for Live 8. This is my humble opinion.
Posted
I think the audience booed to the pretty boring Canadian show instead of to Celine personally. they almost watched big screen for whole concert. I fell asleep when watching it. they must think why big screen again when Celine come out.  :ermm:

:mdr: :thumbsup2:

Posted
As much as I love her I can't help but think she (or Rene) is doing this only for promotion, she never shows up anywhere around the world to sing, it's always via satellite, to show the colloseum, promote her show.

I really don't agree she only did it for promo.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
As much as I love her I can't help but think she (or Rene) is doing this only for promotion, she never shows up anywhere around the world to sing, it's always via satellite, to show the colloseum, promote her show.

I really don't agree she only did it for promo.

Okay, not only for promotion but a bit maybe, I have an idea how Rene's mind works. lol

Posted
No...I don't believe that Celine sang only for promo :glare: :glare:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
Okay, not only for promotion but a bit maybe, I have an idea how Rene's mind works. lol

Rene is a very generous guy when doing charity stuffs. he did a lot charity stuffs with nothing commercially before. and this time same I believe.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted

They didn't boo a boring concert. This is our music and Canadians love what they're hearing. The booed because of what Celcool said...you hit the nail on the head, Celcool.

 

Most of the acts today are double booked with another far-away concert this evening. Celine could easily have gotten onto a private jet and been live, especially for this cause. Everyone else put in the effort, so why not her?

 

I don't care where she performs from. I'm only playing devil's advocate.

Posted (edited)
I watched it. I freaked out when I saw her! LOL I don't like the fact that she didn't come on stage in Canada and sang live there. It's certainly not the same. She could do this, it's for a good cause, everybody did it except her. As much as I love her I can't help but think she (or Rene) is doing this only for promotion, she never shows up anywhere around the world to sing, it's always via satellite, to show the colloseum, promote her show. I don't like it one bit. U2 also had a concert in Vienna in the evening and they showed up in London anyway. Celine could also do this, fly back to Vegas when she finished performing for Live 8. This is my humble opinion.

Vienna and London are close compared to LV and Canada. I didn't see the performance, but i seriously doubt that anyone would boo at this kind of concert. Not to mention that Celine had her shows planned a couple of years ago and people bought their tickets months ago. She did the right thing, because like this she didn't let down the people that got the tickets and she was still able to be part of this cause. A big :clap: from me!

Edited by Teodora
Posted
And from me :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
Vienna and London are close compared to LV and Canada. I didn't see the performance, but i seriously doubt that anyone would boo at this kind of concert. Not to mention that Celine had her shows planned a couple of years ago and people bought their tickets months ago. She did the right thing, because like this she didn't let down the people that got the tickets and she was still able to be part of this cause. A big  :clap:  from me!

 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Taking Chances Tournée :

 

19, 20, 21, 25 et 27 mai à Bercy

5 juillet à Nice

7 juillet à Arras

9 juillet à Genève

12 Août à Boston

19 Août à Montréal

23 Août à Montréal

12 Fevrier 09 à Montréal

14 Février 09 à Montréal

15 Février 09 à Montréal

Posted (edited)

I think it's all about the context. If you put a pop-melodicous artist in a rock-folk concert, for sure you'll get such a result. If she were there in Barrie, it would have been the same. I'm sure people in Paris, Philadelphia or London wouldn't have booed her. Barrie's lineup was not so suitable to Céline's genre. :flowers:

 

From my point a view, a fan point of view, it has been a great performance. Even better than WMA's one. :clap:

 

I'm sure Céline won't care about what happened. She could be disappointed, but nothing special. She's a real lady. :msn-wink:

 

Céline, please, come to Italy. We will appreciate you more than canadian audience. :in_love:

 

...and, BTW, many times the canadian ppl at the concert since the beginning seemed not so calm: the hosts said to them often to use the bottles not to throw them, but just to drink water.

 

PS: in Italy they broadcasted Céline's performance on the national TV (Raitre) and on paytv (Sky). Tomorrow there will be a special on MTV, I hope they will broadcast her performance.

Edited by Ronny83
Posted
They didn't boo a boring concert. This is our music and Canadians love what they're hearing. The booed because of what Celcool said...you hit the nail on the head, Celcool.

 

Most of the acts today are double booked with another far-away concert this evening. Celine could easily have gotten onto a private jet and been live, especially for this cause. Everyone else put in the effort, so why not her?

 

I don't care where she performs from. I'm only playing devil's advocate.

I really don't care much either, it's just that we've seen her perform Love can move mountains many times in colloseum by now, it's nothing new. It would be more interesting if she went to Canada. ;)

Posted
Celine is still not shown on MTV. Grrrr, they played Madonna's videos often. :evil: Anyone know if MTV USA showed Celine yet? :unsure:

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted
I really don't care much either, it's just that we've seen her perform Love can move mountains many times in colloseum by now

 

Now we haven't.. :unsure:

(LCMM in general yes, but not in AND, only twice)

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Now we haven't.. :unsure:

(LCMM in general yes, but not in AND, only twice)

Yes, in the Opening Night special and now.

 

And in the Opening Night was not the performance we have now (coreography, dancers' outfits, music arrangements).

 

BTW, now I understand why the crowd at the concert booed her: maybe they preferred IIC instead of LCMM. :lmao:

Posted

Yeah, maybe they wanted (another) ballad....:P

 

Uhmm....they should've recorded I Wish..:(

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

Honestly, I thought it was rude.

 

It's not Celine's fault that the Toronto show sucked, it's not her fault that she has a show to do tonight and God knows what other appointments, maybe an interview, meating a fan, who knows. Céline is a very professional woman.

 

No one has the right to judge Céline because she wasn't there. She has her reasons to and she has a life in a city far from there.

 

She did not do this to promote, she doens't need that for sure. And she wouldn't use such an important day and moment to promote herself where they were all there to stop poverty. That's not Céline nor René would do. Any fan knows that. They are so generous, the are involved in all sorts of charity. Let's just not say things like this, especially coming from us fans, who are supposed to suport her, not to critisice like this with not proof.

 

About Céline's performance, that was brilliant. Some people might not like the HIGH notes she hits there, it comes from personal taste. But whether we like it or not, we must understand those are VERY DIFFICULT notes to hit and she did that perfectly and held the last note for so long and it sounded so good.

It made so proud because some loosers out there are telling other fans Céline is loosing her voice. So it proves them wrong.

 

So, let's just understand. That people there were probably frustrated... but it was very rude. It was not Celine's fault that their concert was a fiasco.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
Honestly, I thought it was rude.

 

It's not Celine's fault that the Toronto show sucked, it's not her fault that she has a show to do tonight and God knows what other appointments, maybe an interview, meating a fan, who knows. Céline is a very professional woman.

 

No one has the right to judge Céline because she wasn't there. She has her reasons to and she has a life in a city far from there.

 

She did not do this to promote, she doens't need that for sure. And she wouldn't use such an important day and moment to promote herself where they were all there to stop poverty. That's not Céline nor René would do. Any fan knows that. They are so generous, the are involved in all sorts of charity. Let's just not say things like this, especially coming from us fans, who are supposed to suport her, not to critisice like this with not proof.

 

About Céline's performance, that was brilliant. Some people might not like the HIGH notes she hits there, it comes from personal taste. But whether we like it or not, we must understand those are VERY DIFFICULT notes to hit and she did that perfectly and held the last note for so long and it sounded so good.

It made so proud because some loosers out there are telling other fans Céline is loosing her voice. So it proves them wrong.

 

So, let's just understand. That people there were probably frustrated... but it was very rude. It was not Celine's fault that their concert was a fiasco.

 

 

I agree with you the show sucked it was so boring :shocking: I almost went into a coma waiting,but I also think she didnt appear live b/c she wants to get attention for the vegas show I mean who doesnt like making lots of money? :laughing:

I know I would if I was her but I do think she could have either flown out or postponed the show for tonight.

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Posted

I don't think we can say that.

She can't cancel or postpone her show, she has 4100 people waiting for her, she can't do that.

We don't know about her life, we don't know what kept her in Vegas. We can't say "She could have gone there" because we don't know and we have no right to speculate that. It's her life, she does want she wants for whaterver reason.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
I don't think we can say that.

She can't cancel or postpone her show, she has 4100 people waiting for her, she can't do that.

We don't know about her life, we don't know what kept her in Vegas.  We can't say "She could have gone there" because we don't know and we have no right to speculate that. It's her life, she does want she wants for whaterver reason.

but I am sayin she has done it before and could easily fly out if she wanted to.

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Posted

I'm sure she didn't go there just because she didn't want to. I'm sure she had a specific reason.

And I'm also sure she didn't do that to promote herself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted (edited)

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on... of course it was impossible for her to fly from Vegas to Toronto to performance LIVE over there. The flight from Vegas to Toronto lastes 3h and 30min something like that, plus the city where that concert was held, is 99km form Toronto, so she probably would have to fly a bit more... so let's put 3h 30min in a plane + 20 -30 in something (car or helic.) then she gets there tired because let's face it's more 3h , as you know.. which makes we feel like a 7hs flight...lol so she would get there tired and late. Let's pretend she leaves Vegas about 8am she would get in Toronto like almost 1pm o clock. Until she get to the stadium it would be 2-2:30pm. Them she sings at 3pm them run against time, leaves the stadium at 4pm them gets to the airport at 4:30pm them she takes the plane , goes back to Vegas at 5pm. them more almost 4 hours flight them she arrives in Vegas around 6pm Vegas times. How can she be in top shape for the show?????? That's IMPOSSIBLE!!!

 

Oh man.... people sometimes can be so stupid!!!!

Edited by tativale

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Posted

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on... of course it was impossible for her to fly form Vegas to Toronto to performance LIVE over there. The flight from Vegas to Toronto lastes 3h and 30min something like that, plus the city where that concert was held, is 99km form Toronto, so she probably would have to fly a bit more... so let's put 3h 30min in a plane + 20 -30 in something (car or helic.) then she gets there tired because let's face it's more 3h , as you know.. which makes we feel like a 7hs flight...lol so she ould get there tired and late. Let's pretend she leaves Vegas about 8am she would get in Toronto like almost 1pm o clock. Until she get to the stadium it would be 2-2:30pm. Them she sings at 3pm them run after time, leaves the stadium at 4pm them gets to the airport at 4:30pm them she takes the plane , goes back to Vegas at 5pm. them more almsot 4 hours flight them she arrives in Vegas at 5pm Vegas times. How can she be in top shape for the show?????? That's IMPOSSIBLE!!!

 

Oh man.... people soemtiems can be so stupid!!!!

 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Taking Chances Tournée :

 

19, 20, 21, 25 et 27 mai à Bercy

5 juillet à Nice

7 juillet à Arras

9 juillet à Genève

12 Août à Boston

19 Août à Montréal

23 Août à Montréal

12 Fevrier 09 à Montréal

14 Février 09 à Montréal

15 Février 09 à Montréal

Posted

Thanks God someone understands!!!! I agree with you Tati, it's impossible.

Come on guys, Céline has a life in Vegas, it's not all having fun.

For God's sake... give her a break, she is the most hard worker I've seen in showbiz.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
and Celine's speech is more emotional than anyone else I've seen on the concert. most of them just come and sing, nothing else.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on... of course it was impossible for her to fly from Vegas to Toronto to performance LIVE over there. The flight from Vegas to Toronto lastes 3h and 30min something like that, plus the city where that concert was held, is 99km form Toronto, so she probably would have to fly a bit more... so let's put 3h 30min in a plane + 20 -30 in something (car or helic.) then she gets there tired because let's face it's more 3h , as you know.. which makes we feel like a 7hs flight...lol so she would get there tired and late. Let's pretend she leaves Vegas about 8am she would get in Toronto like almost 1pm o clock. Until she get to the stadium it would be 2-2:30pm. Them she sings at 3pm them run against time, leaves the stadium at 4pm them gets to the airport at 4:30pm them she takes the plane , goes back to Vegas at 5pm. them more almost 4 hours flight them she arrives in Vegas around  6pm Vegas times. How can she be in top shape for the show?????? That's IMPOSSIBLE!!!

 

Oh man.... people sometimes can be so stupid!!!!

 

Oh man.... people sometimes can be so stupid!!!!

I'm not stupid :cry: ....I am just sayin she could have postponed the show a day if she really wanted to....sorry for being stupid...geez it was just a comment.... :rolleyes:

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...