mirage Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:41 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:41 AM (edited) So, nothing new under the sun then. But it seems she's definetly closing the door to new styles, and she keeps going on and on and on with the that thing that "she has nothing to prove anymore" She hadn't that attitude in 2005, when she talked again like she wanted to conquer the world And this is something I don't get: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/live/8095...s-of-the-world/ Celine Dion: Live Onstage--Through The Eyes Of The WorldPosted Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:52pm PDT by Chris Willman in Maximum Performance Anyone who's seen a Celine Dion show in the last eight years has heard her perform her worldwide 2002 hit "I'm Alive," as seen in this brand new Maximum Performance exclusive. "It's a song that's been traveling with me from one show to another ever since it was proposed to me," she says. "Every time I perform it, it doesn't age." The uplifting theme strikes a chord with Dion and her audience, naturally: "Positive messages, like that feeling that you can move mountains, are just wonderful." But there's one other slightly less obvious reason why "I'm Alive" is an irreplaceable part of her concert repertoire: "I don't have a lot of other uptempo songs on top of that," she admits. Indeed, Dion doesn't have a lot of other tracks that have actually made the dance charts--as a remix of this track did just last year. But somehow that hasn't been a huge hamper on her career. So? Hellooo? What are you waiting for?? What are you waiting to record those songs? More of them? You need them? We want them! So what's up with pushing back this? Why don't she record these dance and uptempo songs?! I don't understand her sometimes, she says one thing but then takes steps back inmediately "I love country and heavy metal, but I'm not going to do that" ¿¿?? So aren't you saying its all about taking the ride now, having fun? Why not then?? I'm not saying she has to do a heavy metal album, but why she's closing the doors to things she says she loves? As I've said zillion times, if only she knew what we are waiting for here... She still thinks we are eager to listen her sing BYLM, Titanic and Beauty and the Beast. Okay Céline... Haha I was reading it and thought Celine you have uptempo songs that are even better then IA and why is it that you dont have tracks on dance charts... Because you/them decide to release freaking ballads. I loved the interview, it was not only about baby's. But i cant get over the fact they really think we want to hear the old ballads. Yes celine there is a place for love songs and ballads, but gosh you have so many more then the "Hits Medley" 'The kind of career that I have and the type of music I sing, I don't think I would have a chance today. So I am even more fortunate and appreciative of the fact that I started many years ago. I think my career started exactly when there was a chance for me in the contemporary music. I had the best years.' Nope you dont have a chance today with going back to a 'nightgown' album, and yes you HAD your best years... sorry But hey we get 2 new albums in a year No really it's like Javito said, she is saying this, but she's doing the opposite. And before other fans are attacking me, that i complain but still listen to her songs.I love everything she does, and will buy everything she releases. But what i'm afraid of she will go after all the other diva's from the 90's, slowly dissapearing from the spotlight, going to do classical evenings, with people sitting at tables, doing cruises etc 'If they think they can go through it and not go crazy and be happy and function and express themselves through changing their styles here and there, then fine. But I know for sure that, for me, it would have been.... Not that I can't do other things."But singing my type of repertoire today still works for me. I'm knocking on wood right now. It's because I'm an artist that's been established for so long. People are still relating to ‘Because You Loved Me' and the Titanic and Beauty and the Beast themes and all those classic songs.' So why dont you? I really think she dont want to do other things, and I really except that, but then dont say the opposite.People relate to the Titanic songs as: OH GOD NOT AGAIN!!! Edit: i think those black/white pictures we also had on amazon are the 'never seen before' for the booklets ;-) Edited April 22, 2010 at 08:52 AM by mirage Quote
celine81 Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:52 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:52 AM Isn't it always so that an artist sparkles when they are most true to themselves?many artists try to move into territory they are not familiar with to varying degrees of success....If she feel smore comfortable doing something she WANTS rather than what the trend DICTATES then why shouldn't she. She's not an American Idol contestant or an X Factor Winner catapulted into a style of the time type scenario. I wish Celine and her team all the best in choosing the new songs. P xx Quote Check out my latest recordings. Recovering, Ashes, The Reason & Immortality
Claudette Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:53 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:53 AM (edited) Thanks for the article and that video! I'm glad the new album will be classic Celine again, but I'm gonna wait for the album before I say more. I can't see how some of you guys can already complain. We know nothing about the album. Something like Kelly Clarkson/Leona Lewis/Beyonce can be great... The fact that she is not sure if she will tour again tells me that they haven't closed that door yet. She might do it in the future... I'm just happy and grateful that Celine is still going strong and giving us something to look forward to. And I think Celine is enjoying it more than ever now, which is more important than any number 1 song/album... Edited April 22, 2010 at 09:00 AM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Ronny83 Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:56 AM Author Posted April 22, 2010 at 08:56 AM RENE, PLEASE, BRING RYAN TEDDER ON THE NEW ALBUM!!! Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
mirage Posted April 22, 2010 at 09:10 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 09:10 AM (edited) Thanks for the article and that video! I'm glad the new album will be classic Celine again, but I'm gonna wait for the album before I say more. I can't see how some of you guys can already complain. We know nothing about the album. Something like Kelly Clarkson/Leona Lewis/Beyonce can be great... The fact that she is not sure if she will tour again tells me that they haven't closed that door yet. She might do it in the future... I'm just happy and grateful that Celine is still going strong and giving us something to look forward to. And I think Celine is enjoying it more than ever now, which is more important than any number 1 song/album... I dont think she'll do a tour again with the size of her last tour.smaller venues, and a lot more time between shows, or even just Europe for a few months, then few months of, then Azie, America etc. But i dont think if she will tour again, that they can adjust it to RC vactions shedule haha 2 brand new cd's in a year cant wait for it not an word about a future baby he most of the times it was like: gonna concetrate on a baby etc. i have a feeling they give up on that, or she is pregnant ryan tedder, who knows that would be cool Edited April 22, 2010 at 09:11 AM by mirage Quote
fan2celinedion Posted April 22, 2010 at 09:36 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 09:36 AM RENE, PLEASE, BRING RYAN TEDDER ON THE NEW ALBUM!!! Quote
Claudette Posted April 22, 2010 at 09:39 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 09:39 AM (edited) Thanks for the article and that video! I'm glad the new album will be classic Celine again, but I'm gonna wait for the album before I say more. I can't see how some of you guys can already complain. We know nothing about the album. Something like Kelly Clarkson/Leona Lewis/Beyonce can be great... The fact that she is not sure if she will tour again tells me that they haven't closed that door yet. She might do it in the future... I'm just happy and grateful that Celine is still going strong and giving us something to look forward to. And I think Celine is enjoying it more than ever now, which is more important than any number 1 song/album... I dont think she'll do a tour again with the size of her last tour.smaller venues, and a lot more time between shows, or even just Europe for a few months, then few months of, then Azie, America etc. But i dont think if she will tour again, that they can adjust it to RC vactions shedule haha 2 brand new cd's in a year cant wait for it not an word about a future baby he most of the times it was like: gonna concetrate on a baby etc. i have a feeling they give up on that, or she is pregnant ryan tedder, who knows that would be cool Of course Celine won't tour on the scale of TC again. I think she realized that she needs to take things slower after all the times they had to postpone shows because she was sick. But yeah like you said, she might do some smaller tours in the future. Even Rene said a while back that if she ever tours again, they will do it differently with longer breaks. All I'm saying is that it sounds like they did not close the door entirely on the touring thing... Ryan Tedder is good, as long as he keeps the ''same-song-just-different-lyrics'' to a minimum. We don't want a repeat of that ''Halo'' fiasco... Edited April 22, 2010 at 09:40 AM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Jacqui Posted April 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM Thanks for posting! She's great, she just has a way of saying things. I like that she's true to the type of music she wants to do, and that she wouldn't change just to be successful. That's what makes her such an artist and a wonderful human. I don't expect her to know now whether or not she'll tour again. I have no idea what I'll be doing in 10 years either. Most of us don't. But it's nice that she didn't close the door. Quote
taiitsu Posted April 22, 2010 at 10:16 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 10:16 AM Its quite funny, when she had the TC album some pple complained that the sound wasn't her, and that they didnt like it...And when she says she is going back to ballads other people complain and say she keeps sticking to her old stuff... At this rate she'll never make everyone happy, so why not stick to something she likes doing?I personally think ballads still showcase her voice the best...Imagine her doing hip hop and rap?? She'll sound just like an average singer, and not the phenomenal singer that she is! Quote
fan2celinedion Posted April 22, 2010 at 10:43 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 10:43 AM I Will miss the new sexy Céline of the Taking chances area the album, the tour ... Quote
celinesounds Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM (edited) She is going crazy, sometimes she says: "I need up-tempo songs when I go on Stage" Now she says "I'm happy...ballads" She has so many songs that could sing on stage UnisonMisledRefuse to DanceDid you give enough loveJust a little bit of loveTreat her like a ladySorry for loveWhen the wrong on loves you rightA CauseA New Day has Come Radio Edit Edited April 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
Nmj Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM I Wont that much, i didnt think she took many chances in the first place (Just my opinion ) Yes a few songs on TC where edgier but either than she didnt sing the song live on tour or she changed the arrangements up so much like (FA) that it takes out the Rock n' Roll aspect...They also cut out Cant fight the feelin which was a mistake..FA and Cant fight the feelin' should have been sung in Full and they should have cut Shadow of Love, instead of the prayer in this tour in order to take chances they should have added The Women In Me again..Just my thoughts of TC Quote
Javito Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM She is going crazy, sometimes she says: "I need up-tempo songs when I go on Stage" Now she says "I'm happy...ballads" She has so many songs that could sing on stage UnisonMisledRefuse to DanceDid you give enough loveJust a little bit of loveTreat her like a ladySorry for loveWhen the wrong on loves you rightA CauseA New Day has Come Radio Edit Yeah, and despite she has those songs of her own, then she does James Brown and Queen's medleys , as if she hadn't enough songs... I don't understand her sometimes Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
davidjag79 Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:48 AM Posted April 22, 2010 at 11:48 AM WOW thanks!! I am so Stocked for the dvd's!!!! Quote I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!! http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg
Shaun Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM Interesting to note though that Celine herself doesn't think she has a lot of uptempo songs when of course the truth is she does. It's just that they are never released as singles or performed live. Imagine if you will an album or a concert full of the following uptempo songs that Celine has in her back catalogue: - If Love Is Out The Question- Misled- Lovin' Proof - Declaration of Love- Just A Little Bit Of Love- That's The Way It Is- A New Day Has Come- Right In Front Of You- Ten Days- Sorry For Love- When The Wrong One Loves You Right- One Heart- Naked- Reveal- Coulda Woulda Shoulda- You And I- Shadow Of Love- Fade Away- Can't Fight The Feeling and I haven't even touched upon her French albums. The up tempo songs ARE there but for whatever reason outside of the trusted trio of "Love Can Move Mountains", "I'm Alive" and "I Drove All Night" none of them are even looked at. I think it's interesting to note that from the interview it's almost as if Celine's accepted that she's tried a few new things and it still hasn't gotten her back onto the (singles) charts and now she's going back to what she knows and loves. Which is absolutely fine with me. Ballads and love songs can still work on the charts and radio, they just need to be the right type of ballad or love songs - think "Bleeding Love" and not "Goodbye's The Saddest Word." Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
iamcelinefan Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:14 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:14 PM wow soooooo cool she'll be recording two new albums, in English and French :wub: :wub: :in_love: Quote http://imados.fr/history/3/7/8/c-nedion.jpg I love Celine
iamcelinefan Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM I love :in_love: this : Quote http://imados.fr/history/3/7/8/c-nedion.jpg I love Celine
Kian Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:58 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 12:58 PM But there's one other slightly less obvious reason why "I'm Alive" is an irreplaceable part of her concert repertoire: "I don't have a lot of other uptempo songs on top of that," she admits. Oh come on Celine . There are so many great uptempo songs she NEVER performs. Actually, reading that I'm thinking she completely forgot that she ever recorded Unison, That's The Way It Is, Reveal, When The Wrong One Loves Your Right, Sorry For Love etc. Quote
betterone Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:09 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:09 PM That article sounds very good, we will have again the Celine power ballads!! Very glad she will do ballad again. Good music is timeless regardless of its type.If Celine owns the crown of ballad queen, she'd better keep it and do the best she can for music's sake.She is irreplacable. Quote
mirage Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:14 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:14 PM Interesting to note though that Celine herself doesn't think she has a lot of uptempo songs when of course the truth is she does. It's just that they are never released as singles or performed live. I think it's interesting to note that from the interview it's almost as if Celine's accepted that she's tried a few new things and it still hasn't gotten her back onto the (singles) charts and now she's going back to what she knows and loves. Which is absolutely fine with me. Ballads and love songs can still work on the charts and radio, they just need to be the right type of ballad or love songs - think "Bleeding Love" and not "Goodbye's The Saddest Word." That's what's bothers me, she know she 'tried' it didn't worked so now we go back to what we can and what is safe!But going to the point that it didnt worked on the charts, CHANGE labels!!!And if a song is going up the charts it all has to do with promo promo and the right song Almost forgot Reveal as uptempo songs, damn that song would have worked on stage Quote
fan2celinedion Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:29 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:29 PM (edited) SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE NAME OF HER OWN SONGS, SHE SINGS FOR THE ALBUM AND THEN ONCE THE ALBUM IS FINISHED, SHE GOES BACK TO HOME TO PLAY WITH R.C AND FORGETS WHAT SHE HAS RECORDED!!! ALL SHE WANTS IS TO SING BUT SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HOW ARE SONGS ARE USED, OR ...WHEN SHE TALK ABOUT SKIES OF L.A SHE SAID THAT SHE ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE A SONG ABOUT L.A! WTF????? WHAT ABOUT "I REMEMBER L.A"! Edited April 22, 2010 at 01:30 PM by fan2celinedion Quote
Céline's Blues Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:46 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 01:46 PM (edited) I can’t believe she actually spoke more about music than usual in this interview. I think after not mentioning RC for 5 min straight she quickly had to take Miracle Babies Anne Geddes Cookbook out of her bag and stare at it luridly to calm herself down. Oh and btw, Celione, your self titled album is your best and most exquisite English one. So yes, stick to what you can do the best, dear. And I’ll be more than happy. Edited April 22, 2010 at 01:48 PM by Céline's Blues Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Fran Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:08 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:08 PM I can’t believe she actually spoke more about music than usual in this interview. I think after not mentioning RC for 5 min straight she quickly had to take Miracle Babies Anne Geddes Cookbook out of her bag and stare at it luridly to calm herself down. Oh and btw, Celione, your self titled album is your best and most exquisite English one. So yes, stick to what you can do the best, dear. And I’ll be more than happy. The first true reply from you I read from years !!! Quote
fan2celinedion Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:10 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:10 PM you want her to release the same album as she did 17 years ago ?in 2010? Quote
Edwin Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:11 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:11 PM RENE, PLEASE, BRING RYAN TEDDER ON THE NEW ALBUM!!! Was he lurking at the time you wrote that? Quote
kathy4 Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:16 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:16 PM thanks for sharing the interview with us i loved reading it. Quote http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp339/Mia_84/Tumlum/Perfume/celine-dion-chic.jpg
Nmj Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:28 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:28 PM you want her to release the same album as she did 17 years ago ?in 2010? Umm I dont think anyone wants her to release THE SAME album, we want the same styleMostly POWERHOUSE ballads with a few dance/rnb songs like Right in Front of you, im alive, thats the way its and Fade Away Quote
Céline's Blues Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:29 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 02:29 PM I can’t believe she actually spoke more about music than usual in this interview. I think after not mentioning RC for 5 min straight she quickly had to take Miracle Babies Anne Geddes Cookbook out of her bag and stare at it luridly to calm herself down. Oh and btw, Celione, your self titled album is your best and most exquisite English one. So yes, stick to what you can do the best, dear. And I’ll be more than happy. The first true reply from you I read from years !!! Get back that 3 year old photo there, Fran! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
riobeard11 Posted April 22, 2010 at 03:34 PM Posted April 22, 2010 at 03:34 PM RENE, PLEASE, BRING RYAN TEDDER ON THE NEW ALBUM!!! Was he lurking at the time you wrote that? No way, I don't think they allow computers on the casino floor. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.